Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever

+35
AvgMSUJoe
TheReal_LWS
Jethro Bodeen
NWSpartan
AnomanderRake
SawGreen
aualum06
GRR Spartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
Da Mayor
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
WhiteBoyHatcher
Wally Fairway
I.B. Fine
MiamiSpartan
Watch Out Pylon!
Jake from State Farm
tGreenWay
InTenSity
CORNER BLITZ
The Pantry
MattyFresh
Tim Wakefield
Travis of the Cosmos
By-Tor
NigelUno
Clarett's Folly
Rocinante
Cameron
MSU addict
Blaine Fabin
steveschneider
Nordic
Floyd Robertson
39 posters

Page 15 of 26 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20 ... 26  Next

Go down

POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever  - Page 15 Empty Re: POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever

Post by Da Mayor 2018-03-31, 20:13

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Da Mayor wrote:

You haven't learned to not jump to conclusions throughout all of this?

What do you think her story is?

It's possible she's an opportunist.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever  - Page 15 Empty Re: POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever

Post by Guest 2018-04-02, 08:18

How the hell could people find this acceptable? Nassar was at least trying to hide his behavior....this fuck was very public about it.

Ex-MSU dean’s review shows disturbing characterization

But in a review of his performance, evaluations from multiple faculty, staff and students also paint a disturbing portrait of a man who flaunted his sexuality and inappropriately commented about others: He had a tendency to put a sexual or crude spin on conversations, make comments about the appearance of women and look at their breasts while talking with them.

He also bragged of sexual conquests to students and predicted that he could have been Michigan’s governor if it hadn’t been for his affairs.

These are a few of the jarring observations woven into a 2010 performance appraisal of Strampel, 70, who last week was charged with misconduct in office, criminal sexual conduct and neglect of duty for what investigators described as lax supervision of former sports doctor Larry Nassar.

Still another wrote: “I have witnessed unprofessional and sexual comments from the dean about female students – including remarks from the dean of a female wearing ‘come (expletive) me heels’ and another instance where he admitt(ed) to knowing a student for a long period and how ‘she certainly filled out nicely.’”

“I defend the college and do not repeat these stories and would like (for) them to not be true, but with their frequency from so many sources, and my own observations of his unprofessionalism, I am very concerned for the reputation of our college,” the commenter said.

“I feel that Dr. Strampel’s history of inappropriate language, public discussions and stories do not support the college in a positive manner,” one person wrote. “His sexist remarks and inability to talk with a woman while looking at her eyes instead of her breasts are well known and bring down the respect and reputation of the Osteopathic College ... With Dr. Strampel as the ‘figurehead’ of the Osteopathic College, it makes me embarrassed to be associated with, and claim graduation from, the Osteopathic College at Michigan State.”
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-04-05, 09:30

Small ray of light...I imagine he had to be shiny, bright and clean to pass right now.

MSU clears doctor amid Nassar fallout

East Lansing – Michigan State University has cleared the chairman of its radiology department of wrongdoing after he was suspended during the fallout over Larry Nassar, an imprisoned former sports doctor who molested athletes.

The school said Wednesday that a law firm investigated Dr. Suresh Mukherji, chief medical officer of the MSU HealthTeam, and he was reinstated last month. Mukherji says in a statement that he’s pleased his actions were found to be proper.

The university in February announced the paid suspension of Mukherji from his role as radiology chairman pending a review of concerns about his “leadership and departmental communications.”
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-04-05, 09:53

Strange, another article that doesn't fit the BSPN narrative.

This guy has been the LSJ's ace reporter on this case....and his story seems to show the MSU PD breaking the case, not the State Police.

Inside the investigation and prosecution of Larry Nassar

The following Monday, Rachael and Jacob Denhollander walked around the line of students that stretched out the front door of the MSU Police Department.

They checked in at the front desk and took seats, watching the queue of students who needed parking passes for the new semester. Munford appeared from a side door and welcomed them, walking them back to an interview room furnished with comfortable seating and calming artwork.

Denhollander had wanted the face-to-face meeting. She wanted to give Munford her medical records. She wanted to see how seriously Munford took the report. She wanted to see for herself if Munford believed her, because she suspected others had spoken up in the past and been dismissed.

"I was not confident at all at that point," Denhollander said later. "I really didn’t know what to expect."

Jacob Denhollander, her husband, didn’t say much, but over the course of the next hour or so, Rachael told Munford about the five times Larry Nassar sexually assaulted her when she was 15. Nassar had digitally penetrated her vagina. He had been sexually aroused.

"I left cautiously optimistic that she was at least going to try, that it had at least been taken seriously and that she appeared to be someone who was trustworthy," Denhollander said.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-04-11, 07:40

Last week couch complains about the athletic dirtying his name, this week he buries Izzo and the program and Msu and says this

“It’s a stunning dose of callousness and malfeasance. After a gang rape.”

Absolutely implies that MSU did all the wrong things and that unarmed basketball players are guilty.

And I’m not in a snit. This isn’t about MSU and the prigram, if it’s that bad, burn it. But I want to know why he’d complain about the athletic saying shit about him, it publishes a sentence like that, that he can’t be 100% sure if at this point anyway.

So fuck him.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2018-04-11, 08:01

DWags wrote:Last week couch complains about the athletic dirtying his name, this week he buries Izzo and the program and Msu and says this

Absolutely implies that MSU did all the wrong things and that unarmed basketball players are guilty.

And I’m not in a snit. This isn’t about MSU and the prigram, if it’s that bad, burn it. But I want to know why he’d complain about the athletic saying shit about him, it publishes a sentence like that, that he can’t be 100% sure if at this point anyway.

So fuck him.
Think about it. If Couch can help bring down a major program like MSU, he will land a better gig and get himself out of a shitty small market paper and maybe move to something national. Unless he has some type of proof, that seems a bit sensational and a little irresponsible.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-04-11, 08:03

Shawn Windsor buried them in the Freep last night too.

Amazing how everyone cries due process but assumes guilt.

Or is asking for due process now victim blaming? That's what Windsor implies.

If people really feel that way then the Justice system in this country has been absolutely perverted from the original.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2018-04-11, 08:05

DWags wrote:Last week couch complains about the athletic dirtying his name, this week he buries Izzo and the program and Msu and says this

So fuck him.

Why do you read that ass clown? I literally haven't knowingly clicked on one of his articles since his first week on the job. It was clear very early on that he had an agenda. And the dude's fat.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-04-11, 10:09

Why anyone would choose to spend their time reading any sports writer’s articles is beyond me. What a waste of time
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-04-11, 10:11

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Why anyone would choose to spend their time reading any sports writer’s articles is beyond me. What a waste of time
this.

or pretty much any media-related article. They're all based on a predetermined agenda designed to illicit a specific response.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-04-11, 11:19

Aren't most pieces of literature designed to do that? Short stories? Novels? Articles? I don't know, I'm a creature of habit. I do a lot of reading in a 15020 minute period on the shitter each morning. I guess living with three girls and being alone for that time in the morning has always been my reading time.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-04-11, 11:27

DWags wrote:Aren't most pieces of literature designed to do that? Short stories? Novels? Articles? I don't know, I'm a creature of habit. I do a lot of reading in a 15020 minute period on the shitter each morning. I guess living with three girls and being alone for that time in the morning has always been my reading time.

Reading is cool, but to pick sports writers’ over everything else that you could read? You’re smarter than that, wags.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-04-11, 11:35

OTPT, I don't doubt there are people, who can only read one thing per day and digest it, but some of us can read a shit ton of crap, including this message board. less t.v., more reading during the day. It's something you'll find you do as you get older and more useless to the world at large. I prefer sports stuff on the crapper, mindless bull shit during meals, and nice novels or longer reads at night in a chair. You'll chuckle as you're in your 50's and your kids have taken care of themselves and you don't have much to do around your house, and it's not golf season or ski season and you're doing this. Then, of course I'll be dead, but you'll think back 25-30 years ago and say, damn, Wags was right.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-04-11, 11:42

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Why anyone would choose to spend their time reading any sports writer’s articles is beyond me. What a waste of time

I know, right?

I like reading anonymous message board posts instead.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-04-11, 12:08

DWags wrote:Aren't most pieces of literature designed to do that? Short stories? Novels? Articles? I don't know, I'm a creature of habit. I do a lot of reading in a 15020 minute period on the shitter each morning. I guess living with three girls and being alone for that time in the morning has always been my reading time.
I don't typically like to comment on one's bowel habits, but damn, I think you need some serious fiber.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-04-11, 12:13

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
DWags wrote:Aren't most pieces of literature designed to do that?  Short stories?  Novels?  Articles?  I don't know, I'm a creature of habit.  I do a lot of reading in a 15020 minute period on the shitter each morning.   I guess living with three girls and being alone for that time in the morning has always been my reading time.  

Reading is cool, but to pick sports writers’ over everything else that you could read? You’re smarter than that, wags.
That's like saying, "TV and movies are cool, but to pick watching sports over everything else that you could watch?"  I mean, sometimes people like to follow their sports teams.  Yeah, their opinion pieces are often trash, but sometimes articles have information on one's favorite teams from practices, press conferences, or interviews.  And there are a couple of writers that provide some very good analysis and insight.

Last edited by MiamiSpartan on 2018-04-11, 12:16; edited 1 time in total
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2018-04-11, 12:15

MiamiSpartan wrote:
I don't typically like to comment on one's bowel habits, but damn, I think you need some serious fiber.

Gotta make sure there isn't a second movement hiding behind the main one, bro.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-04-11, 12:20

MiamiSpartan wrote:

That's like saying, "TV and movies are cool, but to pick watching sports over everything else that you could watch?"  I mean, sometimes people like to follow their sports teams.  Yeah, their opinion pieces are often trash, but sometimes articles have information on one's favorite teams from practices, press conferences, or interviews.  And there are a couple of writers that provide some very good analysis and insight.

Who actually provides “very good analysis and insight”?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-04-11, 12:21

Comp.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-04-11, 12:21

Da Mayor wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Gotta make sure there isn't a second movement hiding behind the main one, bro.
That's true, but sitting there for 15,000 minutes, you're probably waiting through 10+ movements.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-04-11, 12:23

Nigel, this message board is much more entertaining and insightful than cliches by overweight guys wearing blue button ups who haven’t done anything remotely athletic in years. In my opinion.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-04-11, 12:26

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Comp.
Yeah, that's who I had in mind. Rexrode was fair in that regard, but of course, he no longer really covers any teams that I like.

I was also thinking of a couple that I read for other teams/sports that I follow, since sports writers in general were mentioned, not just MSU writers.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-04-11, 12:26

DWags wrote:OTPT, I don't doubt there are people, who can only read one thing per day and digest it, but some of us can read a shit ton of crap, including this message board. less t.v., more reading during the day. It's something you'll find you do as you get older and more useless to the world at large. I prefer sports stuff on the crapper, mindless bull shit during meals, and nice novels or longer reads at night in a chair. You'll chuckle as you're in your 50's and your kids have taken care of themselves and you don't have much to do around your house, and it's not golf season or ski season and you're doing this. Then, of course I'll be dead, but you'll think back 25-30 years ago and say, damn, Wags was right.

Wags none of this really had anything do with not reading sports writers garbage. But ok. POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever  - Page 15 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-04-11, 12:36

DWags wrote:OTPT, I don't doubt there are people, who can only read one thing per day and digest it, but some of us can read a shit ton of crap, including this message board. less t.v., more reading during the day. It's something you'll find you do as you get older and more useless to the world at large. I prefer sports stuff on the crapper, mindless bull shit during meals, and nice novels or longer reads at night in a chair. You'll chuckle as you're in your 50's and your kids have taken care of themselves and you don't have much to do around your house, and it's not golf season or ski season and you're doing this. Then, of course I'll be dead, but you'll think back 25-30 years ago and say, damn, Wags was right.

Wags none of this really had anything do with not reading sports writers garbage. But ok. POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever  - Page 15 502811600

Vs reading any garbage? Sure it did. But you never see the forest.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-04-11, 12:47

DWags wrote:

Vs reading any garbage? Sure it did. But you never see the forest.

You read a lot. Got it. Just because someone watches a lot of movies doesn’t mean they should subject themselves to the transformers series.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-04-21, 09:19

The germination of the uncovering of this entire shit blossom....

USA Gymnastics settles lawsuit that started IndyStar investigation into sex abuse
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-04-23, 18:01

I know this is wrong but I have to admit it's good to see USA Gymnastics taking some heat.

Nassar Victims: USA Gymnastics Tried To Silence Us
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2018-04-24, 08:10

Reports linking a pervy rapist volleyball coach to MSU recruiting

https://www.wthr.com/article/michigan-state-kept-ties-to-coach-accused-of-sexual-abuse-0

Not that it makes it any better, but the headline being MSU related is for sensationalism and tying it back to MSU in the spotlight; where in reality there are many programs who had ties to this dirtball guy. IMO they should name all the schools who have recruited kids from his volleyball academy. Transparency for one, Transparency for all.
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-04-24, 08:22

Wally Fairway wrote:Reports linking a pervy rapist volleyball coach to MSU recruiting

https://www.wthr.com/article/michigan-state-kept-ties-to-coach-accused-of-sexual-abuse-0

Not that it makes it any better, but the headline being MSU related is for sensationalism and tying it back to MSU in the spotlight; where in reality there are many programs who had ties to this dirtball guy. IMO they should name all the schools who have recruited kids from his volleyball academy. Transparency for one, Transparency for all.

Sure, but that article is very troubling. It shows what a train wreck leadership is at MSU and how they turned a blind eye to complaints of sexual abuse. Also, the school won’t answer when and why they cut ties with him and how long they were aware of Butlers allegations/abuse. Let’s call it what it is, MSU failed again and We should do better.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-04-24, 08:23

Wally Fairway wrote:Reports linking a pervy rapist volleyball coach to MSU recruiting

I was just coming to post this.   Complete OTL type horseshit.

We recruited players that played for him.   We played in some exhibitions in his gym years ago, the last one in 2014.

And those are our "Ties" to him.  Never charged, nor convicted but probably guilty in the 80s.   Pretty thin gruel.

Michigan State kept ties to coach accused of sexual abuse

CHICAGO — Michigan State University, already reeling from the scandal involving a gymnastics doctor who molested young athletes, has maintained ties to a prominent volleyball coach for decades after he was publicly accused in 1995 of sexually abusing and raping six underage girls he trained in the 1980s.

Letters obtained by the Associated Press from advocates for the accusers reveal the school has been under pressure for at least a year to sever its relationship with Rick Butler. He runs training facilities in suburban Chicago that for decades have been a pipeline for top volleyball recruits, including Michigan State. MSU also held exhibition games for successive years at his facilities, at least through 2014, according to online records.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-04-24, 08:24

Oh and our website mentions in player Bios that they played for him. Damning.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-04-24, 08:26

Saw that this morning on channel 4.   Led with "Ties to MSU!".    However, many in our community say we need to just shut up and take it.  So, just shut up and take it I guess.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-04-24, 09:58

headline from the Free Press:

(don't click on it)

Michigan State Kept Ties To Coach Accused of Sexual Abuse

CHICAGO — Michigan State University, already reeling from the scandal involving a gymnastics doctor who molested young athletes, has maintained ties to a prominent volleyball coach for decades after he was publicly accused in 1995 of sexually abusing and raping six underage girls he trained in the 1980s.

Letters obtained by the Associated Press from advocates for the accusers reveal the school has been under pressure for at least a year to sever its relationship with Rick Butler. He runs training facilities in suburban Chicago that for decades have been a pipeline for top volleyball recruits, including Michigan State.

of course, what the article doesn't say (per Chris Solari):

Chris Solari
‏Verified account @chrissolari

Chris Solari Retweeted David Jesse

MSU signed 3 players from the program since 2008. Michigan has 4 players in that time; others at WMU, NMU, GVSU & Calvin College. Every Big Ten school, national power VB programs and small colleges also have recruited players from the Illinois club team.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-04-24, 10:01

and, for the sake of reference, of the 3 players that MSU has signed since 2008, here is a list of "Sports Performance Volleyball" alumni and where they've gone on to play in college:

Literally, hundreds of young ladies. MSU signed 3 from there.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-04-24, 10:18

Robert J Sakimano wrote:and, for the sake of reference, of the 3 players that MSU has signed since 2008, here is a list of "Sports Performance Volleyball" alumni and where they've gone on to play in college:

Literally, hundreds of young ladies. MSU signed 3 from there.

Are you saying the press is misrepresenting facts again to sensationalize a story?

How many players has MSU had in the last decade? Maybe 200? That's 1.5% of their players POS Doctor Nassar will rot in jail forever  - Page 15 1550444538
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-04-24, 10:29

MSU 3 players from this guy. The authors alma matter, Notre Dame? Four players.

But there are idiots who say we need to shut up and take this shit, don't say a word. Fuck that. Engler should call a presser and point this shit out.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-04-24, 10:35

I think you guys are missing the point based on what I read elsewhere. Apparently this was raised twice in the past to MSU legal and Hollis and Simon and they ignored it. Whatevs.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-04-24, 10:42

Facts and context matter. Unless it's MSU. Since 95 many programs have known about this guy. If you think they used MSU for any other reason besides clicks and sensationalism, I think that's great.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-04-24, 10:43

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I think you guys are missing the point based on what I read elsewhere. Apparently this was raised twice in the past to MSU legal and Hollis and Simon and they ignored it. Whatevs.

What should they have done?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-04-24, 10:48

I don't really care Nigel. Stuff your scenarios in a sack.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 26 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20 ... 26  Next