Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece

+36
Watch Out Pylon!
Clarett's Folly
InTenSity
Other Teams Pursuing That
DWags
WhiteBoyHatcher
loogoldham
tTy
MattyFresh
The Pantry
Rocinante
Cameron
CheesySpartan
J T
Code_Warrior
Dendrobates
SPARTASOTAN
MSU addict
sεяεηιτλ
Big Ten Referee
FatFingers
Nordic
CORNER BLITZ
indianaspartan
Senior Dickfist
SawGreen
AnomanderRake
goodbar
I.B. Fine
Tim Wakefield
Izzo Court
Floyd Robertson
kingstonlake
MiamiSpartan
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
40 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  Empty Re: Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-19, 08:22

Great work ghost.

With your permission, I can link it elsewhere.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  Empty Re: Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-02-19, 08:23

ghostthoughts.gov.www/ghostthoughts

JK. No time to read all of that now. Later though.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-19, 08:30

why does she have to make things so complicated?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-02-19, 08:36

I have only had a chance to read a little bit of it but so far it looks like you've done some great detailed research. Hats off to you, man. You've been doing a great job all over regarding this.

One typo I've caught so far. Not to go all WorldSpartan, but with the hopes that this makes the rounds on the internet some, any proof reading that we all can do would help, I think. Anyway, not a big typo, but just an extra "MSU" in the bullet point about the lawsuit over the FOIA:

"...MSU student-athletes; more specifically, the 2017 lawsuit MSU in which MSU sought declaratory relief..." 
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-19, 08:37

gHost Spartan wrote:
NigelUno wrote:Great work ghost.

Can you post it on the RCMB? I don't have an account and I can't even find the create free account tab.

Please title the thread: Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece

Thanks for the compliment and feel free to link

Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  55953254
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-02-19, 08:39

Nice work ghost!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-19, 08:40

gHost Spartan wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  55953254
Thanks Nigel!

You're welcome.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-19, 08:48

Read all of it, good work gHost.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-19, 08:52

gHost Spartan wrote:
NigelUno wrote:Great work ghost.

Can you post it on the RCMB? I don't have an account and I can't even find the create free account tab.

Please title the thread: Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece

Thanks for the compliment and feel free to link
nice work - lots of big words in there, though, for tRCMB to absorb. I do appreciate your optimism.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-19, 08:57

Frankly, it's about time you took your Ephor role seriously.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-02-19, 08:58

This is pretty powerful gHost. Very well organized.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-19, 09:01

gHost Spartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
nice work - lots of big words in there, though, for tRCMB to absorb. I do appreciate your optimism.

Like "impishly"?
exactly. Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  502811600

they probably think it's a town in the UP.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-19, 09:04

gHost Spartan wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:This is pretty powerful gHost. Very well organized.
Thanks Floyd, I put a lot of work into it and had to stop because, quite frankly, I started heading down the rabbit hole. I was tempted to drive out to East Lansing and camp out there for a few weeks and write an entire book

We could help you out with Amazon reviews.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-19, 09:07

gHost Spartan wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:This is pretty powerful gHost. Very well organized.
Thanks Floyd, I put a lot of work into it and had to stop because, quite frankly, I started heading down the rabbit hole. I was tempted to drive out to East Lansing and camp out there for a few weeks and write an entire book

Camp out? I'm sure you could stay at Mel's.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-19, 09:12

#TeamgHost
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-02-19, 09:22

Ghost 11 - OTPT 2
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-02-19, 09:25

I’ve read about 3/4 of it. Good stuff this is going to get you internet famous on twitter. I think it is the best point by point resource for debunking the misinformation in the OTL piece.

Also, the intro is strong and easy to read which is good when dealing with short attention spans.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-02-19, 09:44

steveschneider wrote:I’ve read about 3/4 of it. Good stuff this is going to get you internet famous on twitter. I think it is the best point by point resource for debunking the misinformation in the OTL piece.

Also, the intro is strong and easy to read which is good when dealing with short attention spans.

I agree. It should suck in even casual readers.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-19, 10:02

https://247sports.com/college/michigan-state/Board/93/Contents/FreegHost-115298085

Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  3003718628
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-19, 10:03

Fuck that, Nigel. #TeamSwill
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzo Court 2018-02-19, 10:08

Local writers probably owe you some royalties after you just did all their work for them.
Izzo Court
Izzo Court
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-02-19, 10:17

NigelUno wrote:https://247sports.com/college/michigan-state/Board/93/Contents/FreegHost-115298085

I believe this thread has been deleted. Fucking fascists.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2018-02-19, 10:17

Great work ghost
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-19, 10:18

gHost Spartan wrote:
NigelUno wrote:https://247sports.com/college/michigan-state/Board/93/Contents/FreegHost-115298085

Hahaha... thanks Nigel. I appreciate you not being a dick to me for once Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  1494614055

It was deleted.

You must have really pissed someone off.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-02-19, 10:26

Great work, noticed another typo you may want to fix:
According to Meyers, 34 of the 52 assault and battery cases resulted in a conditional civil infection
pretty sure you meant infraction, not infection. Wink
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-19, 10:30

The swill twitter should have this out ASAP
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-19, 10:34

gHost Spartan wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

It was deleted.

You must have really pissed someone off.

Oh yeah..... I certainly have LOL

I hope they enjoy reading your work at the top of Page 1 for awhile...
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-19, 10:35

I.B. Fine wrote:Great work, noticed another typo you may want to fix:
According to Meyers, 34 of the 52 assault and battery cases resulted in a conditional civil infection
pretty sure you meant infraction, not infection. Wink
nice catch.

tRCMB is a civil infection. Until you hurt their feelings.. then they become an uncivil infection.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-02-19, 10:50

This thread made me think of a rant that a major international soccer coach had toward the media just this weekend (yeah, yeah, soccer sucks, blah blah):

"You don't need that, you don't need that, some people go in that direction, some of them I know for many many years. I know their profile, and I know their surname is Liar."

MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2018-02-19, 11:01

one editing suggestion: find and replace all "Lavigne"s to: "L'avigne".
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2018-02-19, 11:04

goodbar wrote:one editing suggestion: find and replace all "Lavigne"s to: "L'avigne".

And/or switch “Paula” to “Pauline”
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-02-19, 15:02

gHost Spartan wrote:Here's my response to Paula Lavigne and ESPN's OTL piece of OTL.

I did this on my own, with a little help from my mom, but that's about it. Just me. No interns, no staff, no editors, nothing.....

If there's any errors then please feel free to share your thoughts.

https://smc68az.wordpress.com/2018/02/19/paula-lavigne-is-a-liar-part-i/

Good stuff. I'm gonna link this to my Facebook page.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2018-02-19, 15:43

Well written and even better researched piece of work gHost.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-19, 15:47

AnomanderRake wrote:Well written and even better researched piece of work gHost.
gHost is a Skater Boi

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2018-02-19, 15:49

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
AnomanderRake wrote:Well written and even better researched piece of work gHost.
gHost is a Skater Boi

Haha, I just got all these.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2018-02-19, 16:17

gHost

If you want to take the self-promotion angle, check this out.

Larry Nassar timeline:

https://cdn.knightlab.com/libs/timeline3/latest/embed/index.html?source=1JjozMGNBr-rp-68_5h2vFh7MFEnUQU9-nvaEZrHHPiU&font=Default&lang=en&initial_zoom=2&height=650

From the timeline: September 20, 2016 - MSU Dismisses Nassar

Lavigne's (only) book:

Violated: Exposing Rape at Baylor University amid College Football's Sexual Assault Crisis
by Paula Lavigne (Author),‎ Mark Schlabach August 22, 2017 (shows this way on Amazon)

... I'm not sure if August 22 is the actual date of publishing.

Timing no? She just releases a book and is looking for her new "bitch".

How she markets herself on Twitter (shows up under her profile): ESPN investigative reporter. Co-author "Violated: Exposing Rape at Baylor University amid College Football's Sexual Assault Crisis" http://violatedbook.com

I would be curious to put the timeline of her FOIA's and such along the Nassar deal. MSU was probably easy pickings. Two top 10 programs + Nassar = Profit.

I don't know this, but I've kind of held out that MSU has likely done a better than average job on dealing with sexual assault than other D1 schools... simply due to the character of their revenue sport coaches. There are plenty of other known and egregious examples that have come to light (cough, cough Brendan Gibbons) that are worthy of some serious attention.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2018-02-19, 17:01

gHost Spartan wrote: Honestly right now I need a break. Been working on this quite a bit and it's been taking up a lot of my time.

No doubt. If you get to a "part 3" it might be time for an opinion piece, completely painting an alternative narrative on the motivation of the hit job.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 2018-02-19, 17:12

gHost, good stuff. Thanks for taking the time to compile everything.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-19, 17:45

Every time someone pulls a loose thread it unravels more......

Context: ESPN’s Outside the Lines’ “internal letter to Michigan State administrators”
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2018-02-19, 18:06

LooseGoose wrote:Every time someone pulls a loose thread it unravels more......

Context: ESPN’s Outside the Lines’ “internal letter to Michigan State administrators”

I think LA really believes in her mission... I also think it has blinded her a bit. So, all of the football/basketball backstory has no corroboration? Single source?
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next