Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece

+36
Watch Out Pylon!
Clarett's Folly
InTenSity
Other Teams Pursuing That
DWags
WhiteBoyHatcher
loogoldham
tTy
MattyFresh
The Pantry
Rocinante
Cameron
CheesySpartan
J T
Code_Warrior
Dendrobates
SPARTASOTAN
MSU addict
sεяεηιτλ
Big Ten Referee
FatFingers
Nordic
CORNER BLITZ
indianaspartan
Senior Dickfist
SawGreen
AnomanderRake
goodbar
I.B. Fine
Tim Wakefield
Izzo Court
Floyd Robertson
kingstonlake
MiamiSpartan
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
40 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  - Page 3 Empty Re: Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece

Post by J T Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:06 pm

gHost, is this you?

Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  - Page 3 Screen11
J T
J T
Spartiate

http://www.planomatic.com

Back to top Go down

Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  - Page 3 Empty Re: Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece

Post by steveschneider Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:10 pm

Code_Warrior wrote:Awesome work gHost! Top Notch!

welcome back CW!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:16 pm

gHost Spartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:I’m surprised he hasn’t been invited on a show yet to discuss it.

Saw some backlash on the title of Ghost’s piece. I actually like the title and is perfect for a piece coming out of the Swill.  Harns has been doing a lot of respectable work and no one has picked up on it outside of our circle.  I don’t think a change to Ghost’s title would make much of a difference.

I felt like I had to be very provocative with the title. If I have time today I'll post a duplicate with a different title

"Fuck BSPN!  Fuck'em right in the ass!!!" sounds about right  Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  - Page 3 2599972566
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:29 pm

gHost Spartan wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:gHost is a 1990s Britpop Scholar......Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  - Page 3 502811600 Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  - Page 3 502811600

You want me to tell you why Suede was better than Blur, Oasis and Pulp?

Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  - Page 3 502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:00 pm

gHost Spartan wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:gHost is a 1990s Britpop Scholar......Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  - Page 3 502811600 Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  - Page 3 502811600

Fuck that, Oasis all the way.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:05 pm

Hang on here. Pulp's "common people" may be one of the top 10 songs of the last 25 years.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:07 pm

Cameron wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:

Agreed and it's not even close.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:08 pm

gHost Spartan wrote:
Cameron wrote:

It's a matter of taste - I think Oasis' genius was very short lived, whereas Suede was really able to reinvent themselves a number of times.

Oasis achieved heights none of those bands could reach.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:13 pm

steveschneider wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote: It's a matter of taste - I think Oasis' genius was very short lived, whereas Suede was really able to reinvent themselves a number of times.

you mean popularity. It was because Liam was sexy and broody, not because theor music was all that.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:20 pm

gHost Spartan wrote:
Cameron wrote:

It's a matter of taste - I think Oasis' genius was very short lived, whereas Suede was really able to reinvent themselves a number of times.

The last few albums definitely had some clunkers, but there's some really good stuff in there, too. It all started to go downhill when Noel let other guys start writing songs (his solo stuff is excellent). But those first two albums are impeccable, and they have at least a full album's worth of b-sides that are good enough to be a-sides. They should get credit for The Masterplan as one of their albums, and there are some quality b-sides that didn't even make that (or came out afterwards).
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:22 pm

steveschneider wrote:
Cameron wrote:

steveschneider wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:

Rocinante wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

you mean popularity.  It was because Liam was sexy and broody, not because theor music was all that.

God damn, is Roc passing steve for my least favorite poster?

Roc, how do you feel about Kentucky and Cal? Do you cheat at euchre?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:23 pm

Rocinante wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

you mean popularity. It was because Liam was sexy and broody, not because theor music was all that.

I think What's the Story Morning Glory is flawless from start to finish, you can pick any track and it's great...at least to my ears.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:29 pm

Cameron wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

steveschneider wrote:

Rocinante wrote:

you mean popularity.  It was because Liam was sexy and broody, not because theor music was all that.

At least Roc doesn't try to to set his own price point for Draymond Green at $1. lol!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:45 pm

It would be my honor, son.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:51 pm

Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  - Page 3 1486952199 Excellent dissection of Lavigne, Ghost. I'd give Travis' left nut to hear her response.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:58 pm

MGoBlow loves gHost

_-------

February 20th, 2018 at 3:09 PM #33
ReadYourGuard
ReadYourGuard's picture
MGoPoints: 33009
Engler is a Spartan
Engler is a Spartan alum

Truscott is a Spartan alum (two degrees)

Truscott was Engler's Comms Director when JE was gov.

Truscott owns his own spin machine. Today he promoted an open letter penned by a notorious RCMB wanker amd said "all Spartans should read this analysis"

That analysis was titled "Paula Lavigne is a liar".

Michigan State continues to amaze me with their endless self-righteousness and blithering network of Jagaloon "Bruh"s.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:00 pm

Well they got one thing right. Ghost is a wanker.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:07 pm

LooseGoose wrote:

Michigan State continues to amaze me with their endless self-righteousness and blithering network of Jagaloon "Bruh"s.

What the hell is a Jagaloon? sounds like maybe something to be proud of. Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  - Page 3 2599972566
especially given the source Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  - Page 3 502811600
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:29 pm

LooseGoose wrote:MGoBlow loves gHost

_-------

ReadYourGuard
ReadYourGuard's picture
Engler is a Spartan
Engler is a Spartan alum

Truscott owns his own spin machine. Today he promoted an open letter penned by a notorious RCMB wanker amd said "all Spartans should read this analysis"

I'm not sure which is worse. People who dismiss the viability of gHost's piece without reading it, or people who read it and still dismiss it.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:36 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
I'm not sure which is worse. People who dismiss the viability of gHost's piece without reading it, or people who read it and still dismiss it.

You can understand the clueless Walmarters that are incapable of reading it having their heads up their ass, the ones that have read it and manage to rationalize it away are the truly stupid.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:44 pm

LooseGoose wrote:MGoBlow loves gHost

_-------

ReadYourGuard
ReadYourGuard's picture
Engler is a Spartan
Engler is a Spartan alum

Call me up when some one off mgoblow can write something more than a 10 pages long that can get over 15k views. The morons on that page that work at ESPN are butt hurt and they can’t even spell Mark Dantonio.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:48 pm

I.B. Fine wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

You can understand the clueless Walmarters that are incapable of reading it having their heads up their ass, the ones that have read it and manage to rationalize it away are the truly stupid.
The irony is that that poster's screen name appears to be "ReadYourGuard". But he doesn't bother to (or can't) read.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:51 pm

So gHost is going to be interviewed on WILS radio in Lansing tomorrow morning, according to tRCMB?

I just posted in the thread over that they appear to post several podcasts at: http://1320wils.com/podcasts/the-wils-morning-wake-up

But hopefully someone records it, just in case.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:55 pm

I’d love to hear it please podcast ghost.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:59 pm

Mention the sWill gHost or we'll make you an outcast.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:08 pm

Hahahaha
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:48 pm

steveschneider wrote:
Cameron wrote:

At least Roc doesn't try to to set his own price point for Draymond Green at $1. lol!

God damn it, steve, get fucked.

Rocinante wrote:

It would be my honor, son.

You've got your work cut out for you.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:50 pm

gHost Spartan wrote:
Cameron wrote:

The last few albums definitely had some clunkers, but there's some really good stuff in there, too. It all started to go downhill when Noel let other guys start writing songs (his solo stuff is excellent). But those first two albums are impeccable, and they have at least a full album's worth of b-sides that are good enough to be a-sides. They should get credit for The Masterplan as one of their albums, and there are some quality b-sides that didn't even make that (or came out afterwards).

I agree with everything you posted.

Overall, I found Suede to be better because of their longevity and ability to remain relevant after Britpop died. Brett Anderson is a great songwriter and doesn't get the credit he deserves IMO. It's sort of like arguing which excellent beer is better

To be honest, I'm not actually very familiar with Suede at all, but I fucking love Oasis.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:01 pm

I like Dr Dre
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:26 pm

Only thing that made me sad was when Ghost called me "some guy" on twitter. Just to let everyone know I was installing a new sump pump at my mothers when ghost reached out to me asking if I was interested in making 50 bucks. My mother was just watching me do the install and said she could do it so she went downtown and did the pick up... so I think we all know where the credit should be directed. Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  - Page 3 2599972566
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:28 pm

gHost had a couple of moms doing legwork for him apparently. He also mentioned he had his mom googling stuff for him. g doesn't know how to use the googles?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:58 pm

steveschneider wrote:
Code_Warrior wrote:Awesome work gHost! Top Notch!

welcome back CW!
Thank you! I had to take a long break from posting, as I was spending too much time on here so I had to cut way back, but this ESPN bullshit has me constantly lurking again! Fucking ESPN. Fuck those fucking fuckers.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:30 pm

gHost Spartan wrote:
MattyFresh wrote:Only thing that made me sad was when Ghost called me "some guy" on twitter. Just to let everyone know I was installing a new sump pump at my mothers when ghost reached out to me asking if I was interested in making 50 bucks. My mother was just watching me do the install and said she could do it so she went downtown and did the pick up... so I think we all know where the credit should be directed. Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  - Page 3 2599972566
LOL... I was trying to be folksy and fun!!! In another tweet I said "some dude's mom"

Just trying to be funny! That info was INVALUABLE

Wink
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:19 pm

Code_Warrior wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

welcome back CW!
Thank you! I had to take a long break from posting, as I was spending too much time on here so I had to cut way back, but this ESPN bullshit has me constantly lurking again! Fucking ESPN. Fuck those fucking fuckers.

I hear you. That shit got me to join twitter and I’ve been a part of the Spartan crew mob heckling the ESPN writers and the haters. Fuck ESPN!!!!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:37 pm

Campbell....

Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  - Page 3 1486952199

Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  - Page 3 1486952199 Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  - Page 3 1486952199

Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  - Page 3 1486952199 Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  - Page 3 1486952199 Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  - Page 3 1486952199 Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  - Page 3 1486952199 Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  - Page 3 1486952199 Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  - Page 3 1486952199 Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  - Page 3 1486952199 Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  - Page 3 1486952199

Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  - Page 3 1486952199 Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  - Page 3 1486952199 Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  - Page 3 1486952199 Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  - Page 3 1486952199 Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  - Page 3 1486952199 Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  - Page 3 1486952199 Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  - Page 3 1486952199 Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  - Page 3 1486952199 Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  - Page 3 1486952199 Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  - Page 3 1486952199 Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  - Page 3 1486952199 Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  - Page 3 1486952199 Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  - Page 3 1486952199 Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  - Page 3 1486952199 Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  - Page 3 1486952199 Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  - Page 3 1486952199 Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  - Page 3 1486952199 Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  - Page 3 1486952199 Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  - Page 3 1486952199 Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  - Page 3 1486952199 Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  - Page 3 1486952199 Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  - Page 3 1486952199 Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  - Page 3 1486952199

Fuck yeah dude.  I got that beer waiting for you at the Bay View.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:21 pm

gHost Spartan wrote:
tTy wrote:Campbell....
Fuck yeah dude.  I got that beer waiting for you at the Bay View.

Thanks Ty - I'll be out there for the Spring Game too lemme know if anyone wants to grab a beer

gHost may join JWJ in the "never have to buy a beer again" club.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:55 pm

Don't leave twitter, that was me saying all that weird shit. Cause you owe me money for the design. Just sayin
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:02 pm

gHost Spartan wrote:
J T wrote:gHost, is this you?

Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  - Page 3 Screen11
Nope. It's a Da Mayor

Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:03 pm

gHost Spartan wrote:

The Stone Roses blow all of them out of the water.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:22 pm

gHost Spartan wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Hang on here. Pulp's "common people" may be one of the top 10 songs of the last 25 years.
I agree. Top 10 without a doubt. "Disco 2000" as well -

Disco 2000>Like a Friend>Common People
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next