Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post you're daily experiences with American gun culture.

4 posters

Go down

Post you're daily experiences with American gun culture. Empty Post you're daily experiences with American gun culture.

Post by kingstonlake Tue 20 Feb 2018 - 14:36

I'm on vacation in Florida, sitting in the hot tub with my daughter this morning. This gentleman in his 30's comes in with his two sons both about 5 years old. They were wearing these hats that had like a sharks mouth on them. The dad said they looked scary, like a monster.

The one boy said said, "Dad I want to be godzilla or mega godzilla". (I assume he's watched the godzilla cartoons that are out there).

First words out of the dads mouth....."Can I shoot him and kill him"? Not, boy thats cool, or thats awesome.

The boy just sat there, didn't say anything and the dad repeated, "Can I shoot him and kill him"?

I almost said something because I was curious what reason he had to respond that way. It was just weird. Why is that your response to the kids question? I tuned him out at that point. He came in later and asked where I was from. He said he was from Novi. Perfect. LOL.

So seriously, what would the dad ask that question?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post you're daily experiences with American gun culture. Empty Re: Post you're daily experiences with American gun culture.

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 20 Feb 2018 - 15:05

That's a really bizarre thing to say to a kid.

Explains a lot of what's wrong with America - adult male insecurities masquerading as pseudo-masculine patriarchal influences in children. And some people wonder why we live in a culture of violence against women, sexual assault and lashing out at society with violent weapons.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post you're daily experiences with American gun culture. Empty Re: Post you're daily experiences with American gun culture.

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue 20 Feb 2018 - 15:38

Fucking nutjob. Did he really want to talk about his gun collection?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue 20 Feb 2018 - 17:14

It was just weird. I don't think he was even aware of how it sounded. Godzilla bad! Lol. Seemed weird telling your kid you want to kill something, anything. Maybe I should have asked him if he watches CNN! Lol
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 20 Feb 2018 - 17:45

Seemed weird telling your kid you want to kill something, anything.

I mean... hunting. But to me the weird part is him asking if he can shoot and kill the thing the kid said he wants to be. Maybe just an awkward moment you caught and not indicative of family life.... you have to hope anyway.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue 20 Feb 2018 - 17:47

Maybe it's possible the kid said he wanted his hat to be Godzilla and not a shark. Maybe I heard it wrong. Either way.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down