Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start

+24
kingstonlake
MiamiSpartan
J T
Clarett's Folly
SawGreen
Wally Fairway
MSU addict
Dr. Strangelove
Dendrobates
Keith Stone
steveschneider
Izzo Court
I.B. Fine
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
MattyFresh
Rocinante
Nordic
WhiteBoyHatcher
The Pantry
Other Teams Pursuing That
Watch Out Pylon!
DWags
28 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start  - Page 2 Empty Re: Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:37 am

gHost Spartan wrote:It all happened way too fast - wasn't expecting it to be so fast paced, had no idea that I wasn't able to fully explore my points. If there's a next time then I learned a valuable lesson on how to approach a very time constrained interview
bullet points, G.

when you're up against hard breaks, there is little time to espouse. Plus, the average attention span is that of a gnat, anyway - so it works out for everyone.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start  - Page 2 Empty Re: Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:45 am

gHost Spartan wrote:Yeah, it was a little odd. New territory for me. Live and learn
I'm sure you did fine.

I was on a radio show once to talk about music.. and sort of like a "playlist if you only had ten songs the rest of your life". It was fun but kinda weird. Music can be an intimate thing and talking about it in a format like that can be disconcerting.

I had two or three beers beforehand, though - so that was cool.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:57 am

Are you in communication with Harns? Maybe get pointers from him on how to prep for radio. I’m sure it takes a lot more practice and work than we’d expect.

I remember I was at a march in NYC and there was a tv camera crew that stopped me to make a statement on camera. I declined. I realized I wasn’t prepared in any way to put out a coherent message on tv. I don’t think I could do that sort of thing off the cuff, it would have to be prepared in order for me to sound coherent.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:13 am

gHost Spartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Are you in communication with Harns? Maybe get pointers from him on how to prep for radio. I’m sure it takes a lot more practice and work than we’d expect.

I remember I was at a march in NYC and there was a tv camera crew that stopped me to make a statement on camera. I declined. I realized I wasn’t prepared in any way to put out a coherent message on tv. I don’t think I could do that sort of thing off the cuff, it would have to be prepared in order for me to sound coherent.

Yeah, I talked to Harns afterward. Man that guy is an outstanding Spartan. Fucking good dude.
Yeah my guess is he’s the best resource for critiques and advice. I’d listen to him if it were me in your position.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:40 am

Will they be introducing you as "Ghost" ?

Serious advice don't talk too fast and remain calm.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:44 am

Next time when discussing specifics of some of the alleged incidents, you should throw around terms like "she was askin for it" and "yeah she was dressed really provocatively".
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:49 am

The podcast is online.

http://1320wils.com/podcasts/the-wils-morning-wake-up?play_file=66273
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:55 am

MSU addict wrote:The podcast is online.

http://1320wils.com/podcasts/the-wils-morning-wake-up?play_file=66273

Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start  - Page 2 1f44d
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:56 am

gHost getting more media time

anyone remember his ebay auction, that made the local media as well
and he and monkey going to St. Louis, was it with a Freep writer?

nice job gHostrider

Last edited by Wally Fairway on Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:57 am

"Give us a 411 on you." Ghost jizzes his jeans immediately after.

Good work Ghosty!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:58 am

I didn't know the interview was with Snackerly.. Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start  - Page 2 502811600

well done Sean "Puffy" Campbell.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:06 am

"I appreciate Matt's mom for doing that"...Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start  - Page 2 3434560931

Matt - you gonna put up with this?? Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start  - Page 2 2599972566
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:10 am

No swill shout out? What a disaster.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:12 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:"I appreciate Matt's mom for doing that"...Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start  - Page 2 3434560931

Matt - you gonna put up with this?? Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start  - Page 2 2599972566
Matt now that your Mom is a media star (well in Lansing, East Lansing and all points in between) ... um, I'm not sure how to properly phrase this ....

awkward silence

the public would like to ... the internet would ......

c'mon dude - post the pictures
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:12 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I didn't know the interview was with Snackerly.. Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start  - Page 2 502811600

I'm surprised Ackerly is still alive. Last time I saw him on tv he had to have been pushing 3 bills.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:15 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:No swill shout out? What a disaster.

What?!?!?!?!

Ghost, you had one fuckin job!
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:16 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I didn't know the interview was with Snackerly.. Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start  - Page 2 502811600

I'm surprised Ackerly is still alive. Last time I saw him on tv he had to have been pushing 3 bills.
he's around (hehe) - his kid went to EL and I see him at some football games periodically.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:20 am

Finally got through the rest of it. Who the fuck is Scooter? No Swill plug? Come on. If you get a follow up interview we need some Swill love.

You came off pretty professionally to me. Didn't sound like some half assed, pissed off afternoon sports talk caller. Good work dude!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:28 am

I love how this thread has gone from "wow, gHost - thanks so much. You're the voice that MSU students and alums have been in desperate need of"..

to.. "F*CKIN' GHOST, MUTHAF*CKER - WHAT THE F*CK ABOUT tSWILL.. AND WHO THE F*CK IS SCOOTER?!?!"

"AND WHAT DID YOU DO TO MATT'S MOM THAT YOU HAD TO PUBLICLY THANK HER FOR, YOU F*CKIN' PERVERT"?!?!

Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start  - Page 2 1896033241
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:33 am

He's obviously saving the tSwill plug for a bigger audience.
Rolling Eyes
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:36 am

DWags wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:No swill shout out? What a disaster.

What?!?!?!?!

Ghost, you had one fuckin job!

One fucking job.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:42 am

Can you imagine if it was with Tim Staudt?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:54 am

Is his first name really scooter or is that hopefully a nickname
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:56 am

Fuckin ghost had one goddamn job...
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:56 am

You did fine gHost. I thought Dave did a good job leading a few questions too. Solid close. Before you went on, he was basically saying the next segment (after you) was coming on in 12 minutes. You got more than that unless I'm mistaken.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:58 am

Rocinante wrote:Fuckin ghost had one goddamn job...

One. Job. No
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:00 am

I'm angry at this Scooter.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:06 am

Fuck Scooter
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:11 am

.."Scooter and the Big Man bust this city in half"..

Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start  - Page 2 Dad8238fb33d66188f372bd5f81b9d9f

Bruce giving the Big Man's eulogy..

I’ve been sitting here listening to everyone talk about Clarence and staring at that photo of the two of us right there. It’s a picture of Scooter and The Big Man, people who we were sometimes.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:22 am

gHost Spartan wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Fuckin ghost had one goddamn job...

Scooter is awesome. She's one of my good friends from my time at MSU. We have a very strong bond. Whenever I come back to East Lansing I stay with her and her husband and they make me sleep in this gigantic waterbed... her nickname is Scooter because she had a scooter at MSU. She's plus sized and used to wear a cape so always gave me a chuckle... I used to write little mini songs about my friends hers goes like this:

Scoooooooooter.....(guitar strumming) whatcha' gonna do now.....

Scoooooooooter.... whatcha gonna do now.....

I would not include the story about the songs in interview #2.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:40 am

Today the Swill is slightly less shitty. Good on ya, Ghost.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:44 am

When do our royalty checks start rolling in?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by J T Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:47 am

Great job, gHost!

So disappointed that you didn't slip in a comment about your Jeep, though. Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start  - Page 2 1f609
J T
J T
Spartiate

http://www.planomatic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:59 am

J T wrote:Great job, gHost!

So disappointed that you didn't slip in a comment about your Jeep, though.   Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start  - Page 2 1f609

The conversation would have really gone downhill.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:06 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:

Scooter is awesome. She's one of my good friends from my time at MSU. We have a very strong bond. Whenever I come back to East Lansing I stay with her and her husband and they make me sleep in this gigantic waterbed... her nickname is Scooter because she had a scooter at MSU. She's plus sized and used to wear a cape so always gave me a chuckle... I used to write little mini songs about my friends hers goes like this:

Scoooooooooter.....(guitar strumming) whatcha' gonna do now.....

Scoooooooooter.... whatcha gonna do now.....

I would not include the story about the songs in interview #2.

lol!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:10 pm

Have "Scooter" and "tanny" ever met?

WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:11 pm

gHost Spartan wrote:
J T wrote:Great job, gHost!

So disappointed that you didn't slip in a comment about your Jeep, though. Trying to prepare for tomorrow's radio interview - I honestly don't know where to start  - Page 2 1f609
Hahaha.... Harns gave some tips if I get on the air again! It was a little clumsy.

Here's a tip - save a shout out for the Swill or we'll shun you like an Amishman gone to town.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:15 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote: Hahaha.... Harns gave some tips if I get on the air again! It was a little clumsy.

Here's a tip - save a shout out for the Swill or we'll shun you like an Amishman gone to town.
this.

even your Twitter handle that Snack read off like "RCMBgHost" or something like that - wtf, man??

you're giving that trash hole pub on a station that garners 11-12 people (that aren't in a coma) per hour, but you don't give tSwill a shout out?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:20 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

this.

even your Twitter handle that Snack read off like "RCMBgHost" or something like that - wtf, man??

you're giving that trash hole pub on a station that garners 11-12 people (that aren't in a coma) per hour, but you don't give tSwill a shout out?

Yeah and I thought you were banned over there?

The Swill demands accountability.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:29 pm

To be honest, it probably comes off as a lot more professional if he doesn't give shout outs to message boards. I know we'd all love it, but realistically the content that gHost is putting across is more important (slightly).

Well done, gHost. Listened to the podcast version on my way to work.

I'm sure it is hard. It seems like a lot of time, but it's really not when you get going. I think that there is probably an art to being concise in a situation like that. I've done an occasional podcast (soccer related...yeah, yeah, soccer sucks), but there's no time constraint, it's just a few of us talking shit, and we all ramble on. That gave me a different appreciation for round table type shows on TV. They're essentially the same (3-4 people shooting the shit), but it's not easy to just narrow your focus and be concise, without wanting to go off on tangents, provide context or backup of what you're saying, etc.

(as you can see from the above paragraph, and often from many of my other posts, I'm definitely NOT good at being concise)
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next