Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official we are so gonna kick Moe Wagner's ass game thread

+22
Turtleneck
By-Tor
Robert J Sakimano
The Pantry
MiamiSpartan
Travis of the Cosmos
Tim Wakefield
Nordic
WhiteBoyHatcher
I.B. Fine
aualum06
tGreenWay
Death Roe
Da Mayor
Floyd Robertson
Other Teams Pursuing That
SawGreen
steveschneider
Cameron
DWags
Clarett's Folly
Watch Out Pylon!
26 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

The official we are so gonna kick Moe Wagner's ass game thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The official we are so gonna kick Moe Wagner's ass game thread

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-03-04, 11:55

One of the mgodouchebags tweets that our fans were chanting Hitler Hitler at Wagner and The Big Lead ran with it. On rivals those at the game are saying it was "Vogg-ner, Vogg-ner"

https://thebiglead.com/2018/03/04/did-michigan-state-fans-chant-hitler-at-michigans-mo-wagner/
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The official we are so gonna kick Moe Wagner's ass game thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The official we are so gonna kick Moe Wagner's ass game thread

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-04, 11:58

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:One of the mgodouchebags tweets that our fans were chanting Hitler Hitler at Wagner and The Big Lead ran with it. On rivals those at the game are saying it was "Vogg-ner, Vogg-ner"

https://thebiglead.com/2018/03/04/did-michigan-state-fans-chant-hitler-at-michigans-mo-wagner/

Sounds a lot more like Hitler than his last name to me. That’s kinda embarrassing.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2018-03-04, 12:12

I think the Trump family was there chanting "shithole, shithole, shithole."

Anyway, it kind of sounds like Hitler, so.....

The official we are so gonna kick Moe Wagner's ass game thread - Page 9 Giphy
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-03-04, 12:20

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:One of the mgodouchebags tweets that our fans were chanting Hitler Hitler at Wagner and The Big Lead ran with it. On rivals those at the game are saying it was "Vogg-ner, Vogg-ner"

I can confirm that’s 100% bullshit. I didn’t hear anyone calling him hitler.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-03-04, 12:31

Weird coincidence, when we got home last night we watched Real Time and Bill had a rant about these kinds of click bait stories.

https://twitter.com/billmaher/status/969832172323393538

Basically if some dumb fucks on twitter are offended a news outlet will run a story on it like it is news using those blogger/twitter morons as a source. I think he has a point.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-04, 13:08

So their theory is? As MSU fans we have to live with the stain of Nassar, but as a German Wagner is immune from any Hitler talk? Sounds about right.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-04, 13:13

LooseGoose wrote:

So their theory is? As MSU fans we have to live with the stain of Nassar, but as a German Wagner is immune from any Hitler talk? Sounds about right.

Chanting Hitler at a German basketball player would be pathetic, goose. Just like chanting Nassar at a MSU basketball player would be.

(I have no idea what they were chanting at said game)
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-04, 14:11

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Chanting Hitler at a German basketball player would be pathetic, goose. Just like chanting Nassar at a MSU basketball player would be.

I was chanting neither, I was cursing our team and coach.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-04, 15:05

LooseGoose wrote:

Me too goose me too. What a dreadful performance.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-04, 16:02

LooseGoose wrote:

IT all came unraveled when Puddin' missed those 2 early bunnies in the 2nd half.
Wags has been babying him all year and he's not mentally tough.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-03-04, 16:08

LooseGoose wrote:

scratch
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-04, 16:30

LooseGoose wrote:

IT all came unraveled when Puddin' missed those 2 early bunnies in the 2nd half.

Hasn’t learned how to play defense or pass out of the post/a double team. Not sure if he realizes he can get the ball back if he passes it out after getting it initially.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-04, 16:33

Gotta choke back the bile a bit and root for the Boilers.....don't like their fans but they're a helluva step up over the scUMmers.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2018-03-04, 16:33

LooseGoose wrote:

Hasn’t learned how to play defense or pass out of the post/a double team. Not sure if he realizes he can get the ball back if he passes it out after getting it initially.

Best time to get the ball in the post is after passing out and reposting
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-03-04, 22:54

“Let the cards go” should be our motto guys.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-03-04, 23:09

aualum06 wrote:

Best time to get the ball in the post is after passing out and reposting

Or when you're wide open for a dunk.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-03-05, 08:28

Heard this morning on the drive in some MSU fans found out that his first name is Victor. That's what they were chanting. I think we can close the case on this one boys.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-03-05, 08:43

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Heard this morning on the drive in some MSU fans found out that his first name is Victor. That's what they were chanting. I think we can close the case on this one boys.

2018 people are offended by something they can’t even confirm is true. The first tweets were I can’t tell what they are saying but IF they are saying Hitler just wow. To Sparty calling our German player Hitler. If MSU was chanting Hitler in MSG I guarantee the Ny Post and Times would have ripped the fans a new one. Bottom line it didn’t happen. chalk this one up to stupid social media outrage.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-03-05, 09:06

Steve did you watch the video? Did you hear them chant anything in the arena? In the video you can clearly hear them chanting. So if you are saying bottom line it didn't happen and haven't watched the video maybe you should watch the video. If you are saying bottom line that's not what they were chanting then let's be clear about that.

I read somewhere else that Wagner's real name is Victor and that's what they were chanting. Appears to be true (that is his real name - cannot verify what they were chanting)

Personal
• Full name Victor Moritz Wagner

http://mgoblue.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=630
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-03-05, 09:18

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Steve did you watch the video? Did you hear them chant anything in the arena? In the video you can clearly hear them chanting. So if you are saying bottom line it didn't happen and haven't watched the video maybe you should watch the video. If you are saying bottom line that's not what they were chanting then let's be clear about that.

I read somewhere else that Wagner's real name is Victor and that's what they were chanting. Appears to be true (that is his real name - cannot verify what they were chanting)

Personal
• Full name Victor Moritz Wagner

I remember the moment well. Chant was definitely coming from that area of our brass band. I’m saying they didn’t chant hitler. There was a UofM guy on twitter sitting right behind our band that said they didn’t say Hitler. It’s probably like the old days in tiger stadium where they were saying Lou but people thought it was booh.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-05, 09:23

It's just SJW's looking to stir shit over something. Make something up close to the truth, act hurt, spread the shit and hope someone bites. Fuck M fans. Fuck MSG.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-03-05, 09:25

LooseGoose wrote:It's just SJW's looking to stir shit over something. Make something up close to the truth, act hurt, spread the shit and hope someone bites. Fuck M fans. Fuck MSG.

What's wrong with MSG?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-03-05, 09:29

I don't really think it has anything to do with SJWs. It has to do with Mgodouchebags trying to come up with another reason why MSU is despicable.

It could be Hitler. The Victor explanation seems pretty plausible to me, though.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-03-05, 09:29

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:It's just SJW's looking to stir shit over something. Make something up close to the truth, act hurt, spread the shit and hope someone bites. Fuck M fans. Fuck MSG.

What's wrong with MSG?

It's in New York
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-03-05, 09:35

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I don't really think it has anything to do with SJWs. It has to do with Mgodouchebags trying to come up with another reason why MSU is despicable.

Johnny Marzetti in the Holmes hall cafe was always a good enough reason for me
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-03-05, 09:35

Rolling Eyes
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-05, 09:38

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I don't really think it has anything to do with SJWs. It has to do with Mgodouchebags trying to come up with another reason why MSU is despicable.

It could be Hitler. The Victor explanation seems pretty plausible to me, though.

" SJWs. It has to do with Mgodouchebags"

Same thing.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-03-05, 09:53

I just think common sense should win out here. The chant was coming from Mo’s right hand side. This was well within ear shot of the broadcaster press table which was on the same side. Not to mention Tom Izzo was within close proximity as the MSU bench was on Mo’s left hand side. If it did happen I’d expect some reasonable adult to confirm they heard it who was at the game. I’d also expect Mo or a UofM player to mention it or perhaps Beilein. Solari, Couch, Windsor and Baumgardner all had to be close to it too. Not to mention the NYP or NY Daily news who lives to cover shit like that. If it actually happened I think people would have confirmed it. It did not sound like Hitler to me when I was there but whatever.

Last edited by steveschneider on 2018-03-05, 10:12; edited 1 time in total
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-03-05, 10:05

This is my last post on it unless a major media outlet picks up the story, but just went through reddit on UofM page and multiple UofM fans that were actually at the game saying it didn't happen. I really think this is just an Mgoblog generated controversy.

Also, remember tv mic's can pick up strange audio sometime...the tv recording sounds so ambiguous to me I can't even tell what's being chanted.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-03-05, 11:54

steveschneider wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Steve did you watch the video? Did you hear them chant anything in the arena? In the video you can clearly hear them chanting. So if you are saying bottom line it didn't happen and haven't watched the video maybe you should watch the video. If you are saying bottom line that's not what they were chanting then let's be clear about that.

I remember the moment well. Chant was definitely coming from that area of our brass band. I’m saying they didn’t chant hitler. There was a UofM guy on twitter sitting right behind our band that said they didn’t say Hitler. It’s probably like the old days in tiger stadium where they were saying Lou but people thought it was booh.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-03-05, 11:56

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Hahahaha!!!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-03-06, 08:25

Harns did some legwork and wrote this. Already getting blowback from Walmart Nation on Twitter.

https://www.isportsweb.com/2018/03/05/no-michigan-state-basketball-fans-did-not-chant-hitler-at-michigans-mo-wagner/
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-03-06, 08:35

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Harns did some legwork and wrote this. Already getting blowback from Walmart Nation on Twitter.

https://www.isportsweb.com/2018/03/05/no-michigan-state-basketball-fans-did-not-chant-hitler-at-michigans-mo-wagner/

Dumb people love to be outraged over the stupidest shit.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-06, 09:20

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Harns did some legwork and wrote this. Already getting blowback from Walmart Nation on Twitter.

I think we love Harns, we should adopt him.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-03-06, 09:21

I think he's too straight edge for us. He's strictly by the book. I do love that but methinks he wouldn't fit in very well around here.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9