Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strange that no one has posted about the bigot Joy Reid

+4
tGreenWay
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
8 posters

Go down

Strange that no one has posted about the bigot Joy Reid Empty Strange that no one has posted about the bigot Joy Reid

Post by Guest 2018-04-25, 08:52

But then again she's not the one the mob here wants to smear.

MSNBC’s Joy Reid Claims Her Website Was Hacked and Bigoted Anti-LGBT Content Added, a Bizarre Story Liberal Outlets Ignore

BUT THE LAST 24 HOURS have changed the Joy Reid situation considerably. Last week, the same left-wing Twitter user (Jamie Maz) who first unearthed Reid’s anti-gay tweets about Crist unearthed far more toxic, bigoted, and vicious anti-gay articles that appeared to be from Reid’s old blog.

Reid has removed her blog from the internet, so Maz found the articles using the “Wayback Machine,” the internet digital archive that stores old online content even after it’s been removed or deleted by the publisher. Last night, the news outlet that reports on TV news media, Mediaite, published an extensive story on these newly found articles that appear under Reid’s byline.

But unlike the posts for which Reid apologized in December — which she said were intended to mock the hypocrisy of GOP officials who are simultaneously closeted gays, but also anti-gay in their politics — these newly discovered articles have nothing to do with GOP hypocrisy. They are just hateful, bigoted, and homophobic in their own right.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Strange that no one has posted about the bigot Joy Reid Empty Re: Strange that no one has posted about the bigot Joy Reid

Post by NigelUno 2018-04-25, 08:56

You just did...

And...never heard of her.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Strange that no one has posted about the bigot Joy Reid Empty Re: Strange that no one has posted about the bigot Joy Reid

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-04-25, 08:56

never heard of her.

You should start a thread about it.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-04-25, 08:57

Strange that no one has posted about the bigot Joy Reid 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-04-25, 09:00

oh - and thanks for the mainstream media link, Goose.

and I'm sure that whoever Joy Reid is.. she would appreciate you promoting her for those of us who have never heard of her.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-04-25, 09:03

just did some research.. apparently she's a member of the mainstream media.

explains why I've never heard of her.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-04-25, 09:09

Never heard of her.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-04-25, 09:34

NigelUno wrote:Never heard of her.

but, thanks to Goose, you have now.

Thanks, Goose!!

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-04-25, 09:49

LooseGoose wrote:But then again she's not the one the mob here wants to smear.

MSNBC’s Joy Reid Claims Her Website Was Hacked and Bigoted Anti-LGBT Content Added, a Bizarre Story Liberal Outlets Ignore

BUT THE LAST 24 HOURS have changed the Joy Reid situation considerably. Last week, the same left-wing Twitter user (Jamie Maz) who first unearthed Reid’s anti-gay tweets about Crist unearthed far more toxic, bigoted, and vicious anti-gay articles that appeared to be from Reid’s old blog.

Reid has removed her blog from the internet, so Maz found the articles using the “Wayback Machine,” the internet digital archive that stores old online content even after it’s been removed or deleted by the publisher. Last night, the news outlet that reports on TV news media, Mediaite, published an extensive story on these newly found articles that appear under Reid’s byline.

But unlike the posts for which Reid apologized in December — which she said were intended to mock the hypocrisy of GOP officials who are simultaneously closeted gays, but also anti-gay in their politics — these newly discovered articles have nothing to do with GOP hypocrisy. They are just hateful, bigoted, and homophobic in their own right.

You'd probably be taken a bit more seriously if you didn't sound like a whiny dweeb in every post. Think about it.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-04-25, 10:02

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:But then again she's not the one the mob here wants to smear.

You'd probably be taken a bit more seriously if you didn't sound like a whiny dweeb in every post. Think about it.
Strange that no one has posted about the bigot Joy Reid 502811600

I don't mind Goose - he keeps me up to date with all the mainstream media goings on.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-04-25, 10:13

Who are we talking about?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-04-25, 10:19

Assholes come in all shapes sizes and parties.  Glad you understand people like that are assholes goose.  They really are assholes.  Big assholes.   stand alone, be by themselves hate the world assholes.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-04-25, 10:29

tGreenWay wrote:Who are we talking about?
from what I can tell, Goose is reporting that someone from the mainstream media said some bigoted stuff at some point.

which, of course, really disappoints me.. and diminishes the respect that I have for the mainstream media. Strange that no one has posted about the bigot Joy Reid 502811600

and, who knows if it's true or not.. because Goose linked a mainstream media article.. so, yeah. Strange that no one has posted about the bigot Joy Reid 2599972566

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-04-25, 18:16

So she works at MSNBC. I don’t watch MSNBC.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2018-04-25, 20:08

Why is a guy in Mio MI have his shorts in a knot about a person who most of us didn't even know who she was or what network she works on?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-04-26, 07:57

GRR Spartan wrote:Why is a guy in Mio MI have his shorts in a knot about a person who most of us didn't even know who she was or what network she works on?
I think Goose watches a lot of TV.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-04-26, 08:07

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Why is a guy in Mio MI have his shorts in a knot about a person who most of us didn't even know who she was or what network she works on?
I think Goose watches a lot of TV.

He says he doesn't...which I guess means he just survives on whatever daily info the Russian troll farm sends him.

And...again...never heard of this Joy lady.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-04-26, 12:02

I also haven't heard of her and I don't watch TV.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-04-26, 12:10

Rocinante wrote:I also haven't heard of her and I don't watch TV.
Goose is doing us quite the service by exposing us to a mainstream media personality that none of us have heard of otherwise.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2018-04-26, 13:34

If she’s guilty then msnbc fires her.

If they don’t she’s operating under a set of rules similar to what Sean Hannity has at FoxNews.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-04-26, 17:46

Glen Greenwald has had an axe to grind with Joy Reid for quite sometime now. He’s like Paula Lavigne and Joy is like MSU. Not sure I trust him on this one. Seems like he has a very deep and personal issue against her.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-04-27, 13:14

Read a little bit about this this morning. Joy's excuse seems like a crock of shit. She should have just owned it, apologized and moved on.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-04-27, 13:56

steveschneider wrote:Glen Greenwald has had an axe to grind with Joy Reid for quite sometime now. He’s like Paula Lavigne and Joy is like MSU. Not sure I trust him on this one. Seems like he has a very deep and personal issue against her.
I've never heard of him, either.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-04-27, 14:08

No idea who any of these people are. If they did something wrong, fire their asses. Who cares?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-04-27, 14:20

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Glen Greenwald has had an axe to grind with Joy Reid for quite sometime now. He’s like Paula Lavigne and Joy is like MSU. Not sure I trust him on this one. Seems like he has a very deep and personal issue against her.
I've never heard of him, either.

He's the guy that worked for the Guardian that Edward Snowden sent all those secrets to. He hates Obama with a passion, can't stand the United States and lives down in Brazil.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-04-27, 14:22

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I've never heard of him, either.

He's the guy that worked for the Guardian that Edward Snowden sent all those secrets to. He hates Obama with a passion, can't stand the United States and lives down in Brazil.
okay - thanks.

Anyone that hates Obama isn't a friend of mine.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-04-27, 14:22

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:No idea who any of these people are. If they did something wrong, fire their asses. Who cares?
some people take their mainstream media more seriously than others.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-04-27, 14:42

steveschneider wrote:Read a little bit about this this morning. Joy's excuse seems like a crock of shit. She should have just owned it, apologized and moved on.

Haven’t yet read what Joy Reid wrote. Still getting the backstory. Agree that if she wrote it she needs to own up, take her penance, and move on.
However, a couple of things stood out as I checked out this story. First, apparently, the alleged blog post had zero comments at the end, whereas, readers always offered their own takes on all her other posts. Seems weird.
Second, Joan Walsh, the former editor at Salon, said her team was always following Reid’s blog in case there was something written they wanted to link to. Walsh, who is an outspoken hardcore liberal, said she remembers no post like the one Greenwald alleges. Having listened to Walsh many times, there’s no way she would’ve stayed silent if Reid had written something like that. So, either Walsh and the staff at Salon all missed that post, or Reid didn’t write it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-04-27, 16:59

tGreenWay wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Read a little bit about this this morning. Joy's excuse seems like a crock of shit. She should have just owned it, apologized and moved on.

Haven’t yet read what Joy Reid wrote. Still getting the backstory. Agree that if she wrote it she needs to own up, take her penance, and move on.
However, a couple of things stood out as I checked out this story. First, apparently, the alleged blog post had zero comments at the end, whereas, readers always offered their own takes on all her other posts. Seems weird.
Second, Joan Walsh, the former editor at Salon, said her team was always following Reid’s blog in case there was something written they wanted to link to. Walsh, who is an outspoken hardcore liberal, said she remembers no post like the one Greenwald alleges. Having listened to Walsh many times, there’s no way she would’ve stayed silent if Reid had written something like that. So, either Walsh and the staff at Salon all missed that post, or Reid didn’t write it.

That's a great call out, Joan Walsh has a lot of credibility in my book. Even Glenn Greenwald has a ton of respect for her and if she says that then I think there's something to it.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-04-28, 11:55

And now she’s changing her story. Says she doesn’t believe she wrote those blog posts.
The world is filled with lying dumbasses.

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/joy-reid-apology-msnbc-hacking-1202791130/amp/
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-04-28, 12:04

tGreenWay wrote:And now she’s changing her story. Says she doesn’t believe she wrote those blog posts.

What tangled webs we weave when we set out to deceive.

I still like her though and don’t give a fuck that she said that stuff.

And to make it fair and balanced I like David French who said some dumb shit about nuclear missiles a while back. I see people try to write him off because of that post and it’s like grow up. We’ve all been idiots at some point or another.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-04-28, 12:12

steveschneider wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:And now she’s changing her story. Says she doesn’t believe she wrote those blog posts.

And to make it fair and balanced I like David French who said some dumb shit about nuclear missiles a while back. I see people try to write him off because of that post and it’s like grow up. We’ve all been idiots at some point or another.

I agree. My disgust goes to what we talked about yesterday, which is she should’ve owned it when it was discovered instead of trying to create some nefarious plot to discredit her.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-04-28, 12:23

tGreenWay wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I agree. My disgust goes to what we talked about yesterday, which is she should’ve owned it when it was discovered instead of trying to create some nefarious plot to discredit her.

Yeah, just look in the barrel of the camera and just say I apologize. The Joan Walsh shit gives me a slight bit of pause though. I read her thread about it all and she’s pretty legit.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down