Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Judge Tosses Manafort's Civil Suit Challenging Special Counsel's Authority on Russia Probe..

+2
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
6 posters

Go down

Judge Tosses Manafort's Civil Suit Challenging Special Counsel's Authority on Russia Probe..  Empty Judge Tosses Manafort's Civil Suit Challenging Special Counsel's Authority on Russia Probe..

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 27 Apr 2018 - 14:21

Judge Tosses Manafort's Civil Suit Challenging Special Counsel's Authority on Russia Probe..  502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Judge Tosses Manafort's Civil Suit Challenging Special Counsel's Authority on Russia Probe..  Empty Re: Judge Tosses Manafort's Civil Suit Challenging Special Counsel's Authority on Russia Probe..

Post by Guest Fri 4 May 2018 - 12:13

Oh?

U.S. judge questions special counsel's powers in Manafort case

ALEXANDRIA, Va. (Reuters) - A federal judge on Friday sharply criticized Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s criminal case in Virginia against President Trump’s former campaign manager, Paul Manafort, and openly questioned whether Mueller exceeded his prosecutorial powers by bringing it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Judge Tosses Manafort's Civil Suit Challenging Special Counsel's Authority on Russia Probe..  Empty Re: Judge Tosses Manafort's Civil Suit Challenging Special Counsel's Authority on Russia Probe..

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri 4 May 2018 - 12:22

Does no one want to post links anymore? No
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri 4 May 2018 - 12:24

I believe he was talking about this case:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/27/us/politics/paul-manafort-special-counsel-lawsuit.html

He filed motions to dismiss different parts of the case against him in different courts. If you read the Virginia judges (Ellis) whole statement, he is not dismissing it. He wants some more information. He will allow it to go forward, I am confident. There's too much smoke. Mueller asked for 70 subpoenas for the trial. lol. These fuckers are going down so hard.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 4 May 2018 - 13:00

LooseGoose wrote:Oh?

ALEXANDRIA, Va. (Reuters) - A federal judge on Friday sharply criticized Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s criminal case in Virginia against President Trump’s former campaign manager, Paul Manafort, and openly questioned whether Mueller exceeded his prosecutorial powers by bringing it.
Goose is reading threads again. Judge Tosses Manafort's Civil Suit Challenging Special Counsel's Authority on Russia Probe..  502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 4 May 2018 - 14:29

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Oh?

Goose is reading threads again. Judge Tosses Manafort's Civil Suit Challenging Special Counsel's Authority on Russia Probe..  502811600

Just correcting the most egregious of your claims.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri 4 May 2018 - 14:35

There are multiple cases, Goose.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 4 May 2018 - 14:48

tGreenWay wrote:There are multiple cases, Goose.

But only 1 defendant so pretty related.

I try to keep up with Bob but he's allergic to posting links since it would expose that most of his info comes from the same mainstream media he mocks.....and how would that look?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 4 May 2018 - 15:07

Looks like there are at least 3 cases.....maybe more.

Robert Mueller’s team just had a really rough day in court

When Manafort’s team made this same argument in court in DC, the presiding judge, Amy Berman Jackson, seemed skeptical. (She hasn’t yet ruled on the motion, though she did dismiss an accompanying civil suit filed by Manafort.)

But Manafort may have found a more receptive audience with Judge Ellis, in Virginia, a 77-year-old Ronald Reagan appointee.

“I don’t see what relation this indictment has with what the special counsel is authorized to investigate,” Ellis said, according to Politico’s Josh Gerstein. “What you really care about is what information Mr. Manafort could give you that would reflect on Mr. Trump or lead to his prosecution or impeachment.”
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri 4 May 2018 - 15:59

LooseGoose wrote:Looks like there are at least 3 cases.....maybe more.

Robert Mueller’s team just had a really rough day in court

When Manafort’s team made this same argument in court in DC, the presiding judge, Amy Berman Jackson, seemed skeptical. (She hasn’t yet ruled on the motion, though she did dismiss an accompanying civil suit filed by Manafort.)

But Manafort may have found a more receptive audience with Judge Ellis, in Virginia, a 77-year-old Ronald Reagan appointee.

“I don’t see what relation this indictment has with what the special counsel is authorized to investigate,” Ellis said, according to Politico’s Josh Gerstein. “What you really care about is what information Mr. Manafort could give you that would reflect on Mr. Trump or lead to his prosecution or impeachment.”

Did the judge issue a ruling?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri 4 May 2018 - 16:21

If a judge can't see how filing false income tax returns, failing to report foreign bank and financial accounts, and bank fraud related to his handling of money he made doing work for Ukraine’s government is related to Mueller's mandate and totally within the scope of the investigation, he's biased as fuck and needs to check his old ass.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Fri 4 May 2018 - 19:48

Judge Ellis hasn't read Assistant AG Rosenstein's directive when he appointed Mueller.

Funny that Judge Ellis who was born in Bogata Columbia and has 2 Ivy League degrees including Harvard Law is an excellent Federal Judge but another isn't any good because he's of Mexican heritage.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat 5 May 2018 - 17:28

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:There are multiple cases, Goose.

I try to keep up with Bob but he's allergic to posting links since it would expose that most of his info comes from the same mainstream media he mocks.....and how would that look?

IDK, let’s ask him:
Bob, how would it look to others if you posted links from the same MSM you and Goose love to mock?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sat 5 May 2018 - 17:36

tGreenWay wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

IDK, let’s ask him:
Bob, how would it look to others if you posted links from the same MSM you and Goose love to mock?
I post mainstream media articles regularly.

The difference between me and my man, Goose, is that I always warn people prior to reading/believing such trash.

It's not like I start threads whining about the mainstream media while simultaneously posting mainstream media articles that support my worldview.

That would be hypocritical. And intellectually dishonest.

But.. people believe what they believe and the sources they get their info from. And I reserve the right to mock them.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 5 May 2018 - 20:24

Interesting transcript and commentary here.....Mueller might have a problem here.

https://twitter.com/Techno_Fog/status/992801198829965314
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 5 May 2018 - 20:26

Robert J Sakimano wrote: I post mainstream media articles regularly.

The difference between me and my man, Goose, is that I always warn people prior to reading/believing such trash.

And I reserve the right to mock them.

As I mock you for this load of crap.

You caution people not to believe them as you extensively quote them in your thread titles and messages.

So YOU believe them but you're such a cool dude because you warn others not to believe them.

Wow, there's some twisted logic.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sat 5 May 2018 - 20:26

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I post mainstream media articles regularly.

And I reserve the right to mock them.

As I mock you for this load of crap.

You caution people not to believe them as you extensively quote them in your thread titles and messages.

So YOU believe them but you're such a cool dude because you warn others not to believe them.

Wow, there's some twisted logic.
you're welcome to do as you like, dude.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down