Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The slaughter by Automobile continues unabated.

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The slaughter by Automobile continues unabated. Empty The slaughter by Automobile continues unabated.

Post by Guest May 8th 2018, 6:12 pm

Owning and /or driving a car/truck is NOT a constitutionally protected right. We've tried forcing owners to register them, pass tests to drive them, insure them and still the deaths continue and even rise.

God gave us legs, bikes, trains and planes - we don't need cars.

Death on foot: Pedestrian fatalities skyrocket in U.S.

Pedestrian fatalities in the U.S. have skyrocketed 46% since 2009, creating an emerging public health crisis as researchers grasp to understand the reasons.

The increases far outpace growth in overall traffic deaths, according to data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

Almost 6,000 pedestrians — people who might have been out for a walk after dinner, hurrying to get to work or rushing to cross a street — were killed by motor vehicles on or along America’s roads in 2016, the latest year for which numbers are available. That's almost twice the number of deaths tied directly to the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. Put another way, more Americans are dying each year as they walk than have died in combat in Iraq since 2003.

That doesn't even mention the 37,000+ that died overall by automobile. I hope AAA members can sleep at night.

I'm certain most libbies here (except Bob) will oppose this since it's their ox getting gored.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

The slaughter by Automobile continues unabated. Empty Re: The slaughter by Automobile continues unabated.

Post by Robert J Sakimano May 9th 2018, 10:36 am

I'm down with getting rid of cars.

of course, I don't own one.. nor do I own assault rifles.. The slaughter by Automobile continues unabated. 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The slaughter by Automobile continues unabated. Empty Re: The slaughter by Automobile continues unabated.

Post by Guest May 9th 2018, 10:59 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'm down with getting rid of cars.
of course, I don't own one.. nor do I own assault rifles.. The slaughter by Automobile continues unabated. 969504605

So we're in agreement on this, abortion, and mostly on the death penalty.

Getting along is great!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano May 9th 2018, 11:24 am

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'm down with getting rid of cars.

Getting along is great!
yep - cars aren't good.. assault rifles/guns aren't good.. the death penalty isn't good.

The slaughter by Automobile continues unabated. 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 9th 2018, 11:32 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Getting along is great!
yep - cars aren't good.. assault rifles/guns aren't good.. the death penalty isn't good.

I'm 100% in favor of the death penalty in some heinous crimes where there is no scintilla of doubt....so we're not quite in perfect harmony there.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano May 9th 2018, 11:39 am

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:yep - cars aren't good.. assault rifles/guns aren't good.. the death penalty isn't good.

I'm 100% in favor of the death penalty in some heinous crimes where there is no scintilla of doubt....so we're not quite in perfect harmony there.
I know - trust me, there are times when I've thought "I'd pull the switch myself on that dude" - but then I snap back into my "yeah, but life is life - and we don't know the demons that drove that person to do what they did".. and "it wouldn't bring the people back".. and "he/she will never get out to do that to other people" routine.. which, I think, is the healthy way to look at it.

(for me, anyway).
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That May 9th 2018, 12:35 pm

I guess that’s the risk people take walking by cars or getting in them. Same risk that kids going to schools take. Get homeschooled if you’re not willing to get shot.

I thought old people find peace as they get older? What a sad sad thread/life.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags May 9th 2018, 1:40 pm

Look, theonly way to stop a bad guy with a car, is a good guy with a car.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano May 9th 2018, 1:43 pm

DWags wrote:Look, theonly way to stop a bad guy with a car, is a good guy with a car.
The slaughter by Automobile continues unabated. Giphy

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 9th 2018, 1:45 pm

Forgetting the gun angle - does anyone have a theory on way pedestrian deaths would rocket up? Texting? Distracted driving? Distracted walking?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! May 9th 2018, 1:49 pm

Goose's ideology is bleeding over into other boards after his silly self imposed ban from tBin. The slaughter by Automobile continues unabated. 502811600

Hey Goose, why don't you come back instead of doing these stupid... work arounds... I guess we'll call them.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano May 9th 2018, 1:54 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Forgetting the gun angle - does anyone have a theory on way pedestrian deaths would rocket up? Texting? Distracted driving? Distracted walking?
I'd say all of those. I've gotten to where I stay off the roads when cycling - I typically only hit the trails nowadays. Too many crazy/angry/distracted people out there.

I feel confident that distracted driving is more dangerous than 'buzzed' driving (and before folks think I have no problem with buzzed driving, yes, I do have a problem with it)..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano May 9th 2018, 1:55 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Goose's ideology is bleeding over into other boards after his silly self imposed ban from tBin. The slaughter by Automobile continues unabated. 502811600

Hey Goose, why don't you come back instead of doing these stupid... work arounds... I guess we'll call them.
hey man - we're over here trying to ruin two boards.. mind your own business. The slaughter by Automobile continues unabated. 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! May 9th 2018, 1:58 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Goose's ideology is bleeding over into other boards after his silly self imposed ban from tBin. The slaughter by Automobile continues unabated. 502811600

hey man - we're over here trying to ruin two boards.. mind your own business. The slaughter by Automobile continues unabated. 502811600

My authority is not recognized in tBob. I'm only trying to bring back one of my wayward sheep to the herd.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags May 9th 2018, 2:03 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Forgetting the gun angle - does anyone have a theory on way pedestrian deaths would rocket up?    Texting?   Distracted driving?   Distracted walking?

I'm going with the lack of mental health, and allowing 16 year olds the ability to drive.  We need to raise the age of getting  a license, and also invest in mental health.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 9th 2018, 2:03 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: hey man - we're over here trying to ruin two boards.. mind your own business. The slaughter by Automobile continues unabated. 502811600

My authority is not recognized in tBob. I'm only trying to bring back one of my wayward sheep to the herd.

You're power mad, one of the ants has scurried out of your grasp and you're not happy about it. Here tBob so far it's been heaven with no iron fisted mods.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 9th 2018, 2:04 pm

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Forgetting the gun angle - does anyone have a theory on way pedestrian deaths would rocket up?    Texting?   Distracted driving?   Distracted walking?

I'm going with the lack of mental health, and allowing 16 year olds the ability to drive.  We need to raise the age of getting  a license, and also invest in mental health.

Mental help for online/texting addictions?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! May 9th 2018, 2:04 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

You're power mad, one of the ants has scurried out of your grasp and you're not happy about it. Here tBob so far it's been heaven with no iron fisted mods.

I'll give you 20 upvotes if you come back.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 9th 2018, 2:06 pm

lol, if all goes well I may have an announcement that would make me happy enough to consider that. My daughter is on a mission right now and is supposed to call me around 3pm with an update. This is big, I'll feel like a legitimate old fart if it happens.

PS - Not more grandkids.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags May 9th 2018, 2:10 pm

LooseGoose wrote:lol, if all goes well I may have an announcement that would make me happy enough to consider that.   My daughter is on a mission right now and is supposed to call me around 3pm with an update.    This is big, I'll feel like a legitimate old fart if it happens.

PS - Not more grandkids.
sounds exciting
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! May 9th 2018, 2:10 pm

LooseGoose wrote:lol, if all goes well I may have an announcement that would make me happy enough to consider that. My daughter is on a mission right now and is supposed to call me around 3pm with an update. This is big, I'll feel like a legitimate old fart if it happens.

PS - Not more grandkids.

Does it involve sudden impromptu singing and/or Illinois Nazis?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano May 9th 2018, 2:12 pm

LooseGoose wrote:lol, if all goes well I may have an announcement that would make me happy enough to consider that. My daughter is on a mission right now and is supposed to call me around 3pm with an update. This is big, I'll feel like a legitimate old fart if it happens.

PS - Not more grandkids.
she's on a space mission??

that's pretty cool.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake May 9th 2018, 2:25 pm

Get back to me when 3% of the population own half the cars in the U.S.

kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake May 9th 2018, 2:27 pm

Oh, in the study you linked Goose, how many of those vehicle related deaths since 2009 happened on Mackinac island........

kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags May 9th 2018, 2:42 pm

kingstonlake wrote:Oh, in the study you linked Goose, how many of those vehicle related deaths since 2009 happened on Mackinac island........

The slaughter by Automobile continues unabated. 1966794946
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 9th 2018, 2:42 pm

kingstonlake wrote:Get back to me when 3% of the population own half the cars in the U.S.

Get back to me when an NRA member is involved in a mass killing.

People scream all the time about the blood on their hands and so far I believe that tally is 0.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano May 9th 2018, 2:45 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Get back to me when 3% of the population own half the cars in the U.S.

People scream all the time about the blood on their hands and so far I believe that tally is 0.

they benefit directly from the murder of innocent people. It's why they hold fundraisers immediately after mass shootings and, due to their knuckle-dragging, blood-loving base, often have huge profits.

so while a racist patriotic scumbag like Ted Nugent might never kill anyone (only have sex with underage girls while dodging the draft), he celebrates people who do kill folks... it's good for business.

they're a terrorist organization. Plain and simple.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 9th 2018, 2:55 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

they benefit directly from the murder of innocent people. It's why they hold fundraisers immediately after mass shootings and, due to their knuckle-dragging, blood-loving base, often have huge profits.

so while a racist patriotic scumbag like Ted Nugent might never kill anyone (only have sex with underage girls while dodging the draft), he celebrates people who do kill folks... it's good for business.

I don't excuse Nugent for the girl but you need to use the same pejoratives for Jimmy Page and others...hell Page toured with a 14 year old onboard in the mid 70s.

All of those political organizations never let a good tragedy go to waste......hmm - I remember that quote from someone.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake May 9th 2018, 2:59 pm

LooseGoose wrote:

Fair enough. How many people were killed by vehicle on Mackinac island? Of that number.....what do you suppose the reason why would be?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 9th 2018, 3:12 pm

kingstonlake wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Fair enough. How many people were killed by vehicle on Mackinac island? Of that number.....what do you suppose the reason why would be?

That number seems hard to find but it seems the carnage happens there too...

Most Accidents on Island Streets Can Be Prevented With Better Awareness
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano May 9th 2018, 3:17 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I don't excuse Nugent for the girl but you need to use the same pejoratives for Jimmy Page and others...hell Page toured with a 14 year old onboard in the mid 70s.

All of those political organizations never let a good tragedy go to waste......hmm - I remember that quote from someone.
yeah but Jimmy Page isn't a piece of trash racist advocating for people to be murdered.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! May 9th 2018, 3:23 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Accident =/= Death
Bicycle =/= Automobile
tBob =/= tBin
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 9th 2018, 3:25 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

yeah but Jimmy Page isn't a piece of trash racist advocating for people to be murdered.

So like Schneiderman he's "too valuable" to the cause to burn? It's amazing that "progressive" women counseled other women to remain silent about Schneiderman. What fucking hypocrites. Because he was hounding Trump they advocated excusing his beating women. Shows me how deeply held their beliefs are.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! May 9th 2018, 3:27 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

So like Schneiderman he's "too valuable" to the cause to burn? It's amazing that "progressive" women counseled other women to remain silent about Schneiderman. What fucking hypocrites. Because he was hounding Trump they advocated excusing his beating women. Shows me how deeply held their beliefs are.

What? Shocked
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano May 9th 2018, 3:27 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I believe he lost his job, didn't he?

(I don't read articles).

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! May 9th 2018, 3:32 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

So like Schneiderman he's "too valuable" to the cause to burn?   It's amazing that "progressive" women counseled other women to remain silent about Schneiderman.   What fucking hypocrites.   Because he was hounding Trump they advocated excusing his beating women.   Shows me how deeply held their beliefs are.

(I don't read articles).

Goose's brain works in mysterious ways.
Jimmy Page >
??? >
Scneiderman, hypocrites, Trump

Spoiler alert: The ??? is cognitive dissonance.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake May 9th 2018, 3:35 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

I really enjoyed that link. Do you have any opinions on why none of those accidents were car related?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! May 9th 2018, 3:44 pm

kingstonlake wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I really enjoyed that link. Do you have any opinions on why none of those accidents were car related?

This is the most interesting part of the Goose troll job. When he paints himself into a corner all you get is deflections,half truths, or no response. Let's see what happens next!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano May 9th 2018, 3:45 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

(I don't read articles).

Goose's brain works in mysterious ways.
Jimmy Page >
??? >
Scneiderman, hypocrites, Trump

Spoiler alert: The ??? is cognitive dissonance.
pretty cool when you think about it - Democrats get rid of sexual/physical abusers.. think of this Schneiderman guy, Al Franken, et al.

'christian' Republicans actually elect their serial sexual abusers to the highest office in the land.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano May 9th 2018, 3:45 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

This is the most interesting part of the Goose troll job. When he paints himself into a corner all you get is deflections,half truths, or no response. Let's see what happens next!
you forgot "Jimmy Page".

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next