Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Detention Centers at Our Borders

+13
WhiteBoyHatcher
Frank Ricard
NigelUno
Dendrobates
kingstonlake
msugolfguy
InTenSity
GRR Spartan
Cameron
Watch Out Pylon!
DWags
Robert J Sakimano
steveschneider
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Detention Centers at Our Borders  - Page 2 Empty Re: Detention Centers at Our Borders

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-06-19, 17:28

It appears the Democrats are running this fall on the following:

1. Open borders
2. Ban guns
3. Higher taxes
4. Unlimited abortions

Detention Centers at Our Borders  - Page 2 Bold-strategy-cotton-let-s-see-if-it-pays-off-for-em-1
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Detention Centers at Our Borders  - Page 2 Empty Re: Detention Centers at Our Borders

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-06-19, 17:46

Dr. Strangelove wrote:It appears the Democrats are running this fall on the following:

1. Open borders
2. Ban guns
3. Higher taxes
4. Unlimited abortions

Detention Centers at Our Borders  - Page 2 Bold-strategy-cotton-let-s-see-if-it-pays-off-for-em-1

Actually it should be super easy to get elected this fall. Just say we're going to shut down president Insane-o, and they'll win in a landslide.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-06-19, 17:52

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:It appears the Democrats are running this fall on the following:

1. Open borders
2. Ban guns
3. Higher taxes
4. Unlimited abortions

Actually it should be super easy to get elected this fall. Just say we're going to shut down president Insane-o, and they'll win in a landslide.

I'm not sure it's going to work for the Dems. The issues I listed are real hot button ones for GOP and tend to motivate their voters.

Look we get it - 40 percent of the country really doesn't like the POTUS. The trick is getting them to vote. You show me a candidate counting on the youth vote and I'll show you a loser.

Sitting 5 months out I'd say GOP picks up 1 or 2 in the Senate and lose 10-15 in the House which means they keep control.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-06-19, 17:54

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

I'm not sure it's going to work for the Dems. The issues I listed are real hot button ones for GOP and tend to motivate their voters.

Look we get it - 40 percent of the country really doesn't like the POTUS. The trick is getting them to vote. You show me a candidate counting on the youth vote and I'll show you a loser.

Sitting 5 months out I'd say GOP picks up 1 or 2 in the Senate and lose 10-15 in the House which means they keep control.

Your percentages are way off. Good luck true believer.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-06-19, 18:30

Strangelove is right. Dems won't win either chamber in November.

America is a stupid, racist, bigoted country.. beholden to the mainstream media.. and the worst offenders love putting their stupidity, racism and bigotry on display for all to admire.

I hope I'm wrong.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-06-19, 18:35

20th Century Fox Entertainment division is speaking out against the bigoted and loony Fox News department.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/06/19/business/media/fox-news-immigration-coverage-celebrities.html?smtyp=cur&smid=tw-dealbook

Bet they are praying they are bought out by Disney to gtf away from that pos news franchise.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-06-19, 19:19

More of this please. A republican with a spine.

https://twitter.com/roslehtinen/status/1009120030963982336

Where’s Cruz and Rubio? Both from poor immigrant families.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-06-19, 19:22

While I appreciate the words from her and folks like Lindsey Graham, John McCain, et al. but I'd prefer action vs just saying the right thing so they can seem sympathetic.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-06-19, 19:58

steveschneider wrote:More of this please.  A republican with a spine.

They were legal. We're talking about illegals here. Fact of the matter is if they showed up a point of entry and asked for asylum they wouldn't have their kids taken. These people snuck in and got caught. It's not like we have family lodging in the jail
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-06-19, 20:34

Dr. Strangelove wrote:

They were legal. We're talking about illegals here. Fact of the matter is if they showed up a point of entry and asked for asylum they wouldn't have their kids taken. These people snuck in and got caught. It's not like we have family lodging in the jail

This point has merit
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2018-06-19, 20:51

Strangelove wants to ignore the fact that illegal immigration according to ICE data was down and at a 42 year low in 2017 before AG Sessions, with Trump’s blessing decided to change the policy to the administrations view of how to address illegal immigrants with children in tow.

The lie Trump is blathering on about needing Democrats or blaming Democrats is more Trump bulldhit. AG Sessions decided to enforce existing law to a different interpretation and they started separating children from the adults that accompanied them.

It’s all about trying Trump trying to leverage Congress to get an immigration bill that includes the Wall he promised his base.

Last edited by GRR Spartan on 2018-06-19, 20:58; edited 1 time in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-06-19, 20:56

Super christian Ted Cruz has gone from blaming mean Democrats last week to calling the picture of children "horrifying" this week.

someone saw some new polling numbers.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-06-19, 20:58

Yeah - what happened to the racist, bigoted sexual predator making Mexico pay for his cute little racist wall?

Is that kinda like the "lock her up" lie he promised the knuckle-draggers? Detention Centers at Our Borders  - Page 2 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-06-19, 21:00

I think Mexico still pays for the wall. I'm sure they'll be a border security fee built in nafta negotiations or Trump will slap a $1 fee on each western union to Mexico. Either way he will claim credit. 

Trump is upping the ante and Dems are going all in for illegal aliens. It's a political calculation and I think it turns out the GOP base
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-06-19, 21:03

Of course the racist knuckle-draggers will respond to the dog whistle. It's what "Make America White Again" is all about.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-06-19, 21:05

Dr. Strangelove wrote:I think Mexico still pays for the wall. I'm sure they'll be a border security fee built in nafta negotiations or Trump will slap a $1 fee on each western union to Mexico. Either way he will claim credit. 

Trump is upping the ante and Dems are going all in for illegal aliens. It's a political calculation and I think it turns out the GOP base

Just wondering, would you be ok with Trump being appointed president for life?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-06-19, 21:44

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:I think Mexico still pays for the wall. I'm sure they'll be a border security fee built in nafta negotiations or Trump will slap a $1 fee on each western union to Mexico. Either way he will claim credit. 

Just wondering, would you be ok with Trump being appointed president for life?
Two terms by geotus is enough
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-06-19, 22:50

There will never be a wall. Everyone knows the wall is bullshit.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-06-19, 23:00

As someone who is not politically inclined at all, I am baffled by all of this. Immigration was always part of his rhetoric but was it ever truly a sticking point issue, either with his base or the left? Why is he making it one? Who gives a fuck about immigration? Children being separated from their parents is awful, why are they forcing their hand over something that seems a minor quibble in today's America? (I can think of a lot of ego reasons but it's still bizarre)

And I keep coming back to this but I still want to know what the left did to inspire such hatred among the MAGAs. I mean it's raw, real hate. I don't sense that from the left. I sense a lot of wow that's pretty low mister. But the outright disdain for anything liberal from that core group is just off the charts. Why?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2018-06-19, 23:56

Dr. Strangelove wrote:

Because it's completely unnecessary to put them in jail at all. They should be given an immediate hearing in front of an immigration judge, and if they can't prove they're legal citizens go ahead and deport them back to whatever country they came from. Separating them from their children indefinitely for a crime that amounts to a misdemeanor is unnecessarily punitive for the parents and downright cruel for the children. This country is better than that.

Last edited by y2kMgrad on 2018-06-20, 00:07; edited 1 time in total
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-06-20, 00:05

I think a lot of folks assumed it was. But clearly it's not.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2018-06-20, 00:22

Look at how Strangelove justifies these actions. They aren't people to him, they're things.
Then you have other Republicans saying womp womp about a story of a girl with downs being separated from her family. Fuck that party. True or not, that's not the reaction and since that guy is part of the Trump team, I'll assume the whole party feels the same way. How the fuck do you separate a kid with downs? Fucking psychopaths.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-06-20, 00:42

I mean, to be fair, Americans have always had that false sense that this country was special and different than others. Maybe this among other things will open eyes and people will finally realize that the gov/US is just another powerful shitty mob (as it was the whole time, but no one plays the patriot macho man card better than merica)
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2018-06-20, 03:24

Whiteboy, I've thought a lot about the MAGA issue and I have no idea. I could totally see it if Obama plunged us into a horrible recession or another 9/11 happened but I don't get it. Maybe i'm just stupid and i'm missing something. I think he did an above average job with the situation given to him.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-06-20, 05:45

The right is taking their outright hatred for a successful, wildly popular black president out on America.

They tried, at every turn, to scandalize and make his existence illegitimate. None of it worked because Obama and his family are everything they're not.

If we hadn't had a Barack Obama, we never would've had a racist, bigoted sexual predator.

It's no coincidence that we went from Obama to a pathetic human being who was endorsed by the KKK, calls white supremacists "very fine people" and locks brown children in cages.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-06-20, 07:48

WBH good question. I saw that in Virginia Maga’s have been chanting Lock Him Up @ Tim kaine at Scott Booker rallies. I’m old enough to remember when you could be an opponent in an election and not have to worry about an angry mob/cult chanting for your imprisonment.

“Stewart, who has styled himself after Trump and espoused similar hardline approaches to immigration, has wasted no time embracing the president’s animus toward the Clinton campaign. “Lock him up! Lock her up!” members of the crowd chanted at his victory rally on Tuesday, referring to Kaine and Clinton. “That might just happen,” Stewart said, despite evidence to the contrary.”
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-06-20, 08:15

I applaud, Steven Schmidt

https://twitter.com/steveschmidtses/status/1009325231004004352

“29 years and nine months ago I registered to vote and became a member of The Republican Party which was founded in 1854 to oppose slavery and stand for the dignity of human life. Today I renounce my membership in the Republican Party. It is fully the party of Trump.“
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-06-20, 08:49

1. Open borders
2. Ban guns
3. Higher taxes
4. Unlimited abortions

1.  Secure borders with humane treatment of refuges who are being abused and dying in Honduras, Guatemala and various central American countries.
2.  Restrict access to guns, have a sane and reasonable approach to them
3.  corporate tax reform
4.  Only dumb asses say "unlimited abortions" for the dog whistle, but hey, this one is just to allow a woman a choice, so that dog whistle by dumb asses can constantly be blown.   

I do realize that the knuckle dragging trump voter won't delve deep into what is actually trying to be done, and the idiots will blow their sexist racist dumb ass dog whistle and attract voters who are too stupid to read past headlines, but there are plenty of people who still believe in doing whats right.   I get many of us are morally differeent from each other, and sometimes you have to fight the good fight and know it's a tough one.  But what do they say about the longest journey?  It starts with a first step. 

Till then, you're right, the dumb asses rule, and the simple list you blow your whistle for attracts the same type of bird you want to attract.  Merica.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-06-20, 08:53

steveschneider wrote:I applaud, Steven Schmidt

“29 years and nine months ago I registered to vote and became a member of The Republican Party which was founded in 1854 to oppose slavery and stand for the dignity of human life. Today I renounce my membership in the Republican Party. It is fully the party of Trump.“

The party of womp Womp.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-06-20, 09:07

DWags wrote:
steveschneider wrote:I applaud, Steven Schmidt

The party of womp Womp.
these are truly, legitimately disgusting people.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-06-20, 09:13

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

The party of womp Womp.

Isn't the anti-abortion talking points about the large percentage of Downs fetuses getting aborted? Nice to know that they don't give a fuck after the child is born. I'm getting inclined to vote a straight democratic ticket in 18 & 20. This country need some common sense at the leadership positions in a bad way and I just don't see republicans really doing anything about it.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-06-20, 09:15

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Isn't the anti-abortion talking points about the large percentage of Downs fetuses getting aborted? Nice to know that they don't give a fuck after the child is born. I'm getting inclined to vote a straight democratic ticket in 18 & 20. This country need some common sense at the leadership positions in a bad way and I just don't see republicans really doing anything about it.
the modern Republican party is anything but pro-life.. they like to screech about it so the religious kooks go running to the polls.

But people who are pro-life don't rip children, toddlers and babies from their parents and put them in cages.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-06-20, 09:23

The longer this goes on the worse it's going to get.

Strangelove said this will rally Trump's base. Pretty sure it's having the exact same effect on everyone else. Here are some percentages.

http://time.com/5315110/family-separation-policy-polling-republicans/
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-06-20, 09:56

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:The longer this goes on the worse it's going to get.

Strangelove said this will rally Trump's base. Pretty sure it's having the exact same effect on everyone else. Here are some percentages.

http://time.com/5315110/family-separation-policy-polling-republicans/
disgusting that the right is literally using children as political bargaining chips.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-06-20, 10:31

All I can say is vote and understand you have two choices. An imperfect candidate is better than what we have. To Pylon in 2020 if Kasich runs and I will consider a vote for him in the primaries. He’s one of the few Republicans that have had courage against Trump from day one. .

Last edited by steveschneider on 2018-06-20, 10:34; edited 1 time in total
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-06-20, 10:32

steveschneider wrote:All I can say is vote and understand you have two choices. An imperfect candidate is better than what we have. To Pylon I will consider voting republican in 2020 if Kasich runs and I will consider a vote for him in the primaries. He’s one of the few Republicans that have had courage against Trump from day one. I’d do a cartwheel and pop the cork on the champagne if he was our president right now.
I like Kasich as well. I would've likely supported him in 2016 had he gotten the nomination.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-06-20, 10:45

Yeah, he has principles and that’s saying a lot. For the 2020 primaries depends on if he has a shot. If not . I’ll probably vote straight ticket dem. Republicans have shown a lack of courage to stand up to trump and it’s his party now. I’ll vote whichever way is the best strategy to defeat Trumpism.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2018-06-20, 10:47

Don't think this is all based on "Trump's gut" and his innate leadership skills.

All this is a cynical lead up to the 2108 midterms to fire up Trump's base when they looked at polls and saw apathy but more importantly this is a part of Trump 2020 that filed with the FEC in Jan 20, 2017, the day Trump was inaugurated.

Its blame Democrats, blame immigrants with dark skin and create a tribal America. The fact that white America will be a minority by 2046 doesn't matter to Trump because he will be dead and his family fortune will be secure because of the changes in tax laws including elimination of the inheritance tax he signed into law.

Then the lower wage non-white majority won't own very many assets but will be working for the 1% that will own even more than they do today.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-06-20, 11:07

GRR Spartan wrote:Don't think this is all based on "Trump's gut" and his innate leadership skills.

All this is a cynical lead up to the 2108 midterms to fire up Trump's base when they looked at polls and saw apathy but more importantly this is a part of Trump 2020 that filed with the FEC in Jan 20, 2017, the day Trump was inaugurated.

Its blame Democrats, blame immigrants with dark skin and create a tribal America.  The fact that white America will be a minority by 2046 doesn't matter to Trump because he will be dead and his family fortune will be secure because of the changes in tax laws including elimination of the inheritance tax he signed into law.  

Then the lower wage non-white majority won't own very many assets but will be working for the 1% that will own even more than they do today.
yep - the 'leadership skills' thing is laughable. Real leaders aren't failed reality TV stars who have had to file for bankruptcy 5-6 times.

as is well-documented, this is directly related to throwing red meat to his racist, bigoted base. Same with the silly NFL anthem thing... it's never about respecting the flag, the troops and America. Nobody disrespects the troops and America more than the right.. it was a dog whistle to his racist base. Nothing more, nothing less.

we'll see a lot more of it as the midterms roll towards us. It's really all they have. Dividing America based on race and playing to the "Make America White Again" narrative.

if you don't believe me, just wait until the NFL cranks up.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-06-20, 11:49

Looks like they are shipping the kids out around the country. Kid just arrived in Michigan and others are getting routed to NY.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2018/06/20/baby-boys-separated-immigrant-parents-michigan/714527002/

How are they going to reunite these kids with their parents?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next