Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tariffs hurting US manufacturers and we ain't seen nuthin' if the Chinese and Mexicans don't buy soybeans and corn in the fall.

+2
Floyd Robertson
GRR Spartan
6 posters

Go down

Tariffs hurting US manufacturers and we ain't seen nuthin'  if the Chinese and Mexicans don't buy soybeans and corn in the fall. Empty Tariffs hurting US manufacturers and we ain't seen nuthin' if the Chinese and Mexicans don't buy soybeans and corn in the fall.

Post by GRR Spartan Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:16 am

China is the biggest customer for US soybeans with Mexico and Japan also in the Top Ten Mexico is the largest importer of US corn.
If Soybean and Corn prices drop when the crops are harvested this fall due to those country's tariffs its going to raise hell with the ag economies of Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio and even MI. The US also exports wheat to countries Trump has levied tariffs against.

Iowa has 9.5M acres of soybeans planted and the predicted yield is 49.1 bushel per acre. If you are farming 1000 acres and are losing 25 cents a bushel or more you are going to be in deep shit.

https://farmlead.com/blog/grain-markets-today/june-25-soybean-prices-crater-trade-war/

The NYT ran this article about 3 businesses being hurt by Trump's tariffs and retalitory tariffs. Mid Continent Nail, the 2nd company featured has seen a 50% drop in order input when they raised their prices 20% after the Trump tariff on steel raised their Mexican steel costs 25%.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/22/us/politics/donald-trump-tariffs-trade-war.html
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Tariffs hurting US manufacturers and we ain't seen nuthin'  if the Chinese and Mexicans don't buy soybeans and corn in the fall. Empty Re: Tariffs hurting US manufacturers and we ain't seen nuthin' if the Chinese and Mexicans don't buy soybeans and corn in the fall.

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:28 am

Flyover country getting screwed some more by Trump, who'd a thunk it?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Tariffs hurting US manufacturers and we ain't seen nuthin'  if the Chinese and Mexicans don't buy soybeans and corn in the fall. Empty Re: Tariffs hurting US manufacturers and we ain't seen nuthin' if the Chinese and Mexicans don't buy soybeans and corn in the fall.

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:47 am

Isn't Michigan one of the bigger producers of soy beans?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:04 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Isn't Michigan one of the bigger producers of soy beans?

I thought so too, but nyet.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/192076/top-10-soybean-producing-us-states/
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:21 pm

Good. Tariffs hurting US manufacturers and we ain't seen nuthin'  if the Chinese and Mexicans don't buy soybeans and corn in the fall. 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:58 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Isn't Michigan one of the bigger producers of soy beans?

Huh. I swear I remember reading once we were in the top 5. Probably Big Soy spreading fake news.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:03 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Huh. I swear I remember reading once we were in the top 5. Probably Big Soy spreading fake news.

I think at one time we were top 5 in soybeans and top 10 in corn. We've fallen hard.

Still top five in sugar beets though. No wonder MI is among the unhealthiest/diabetus states.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:07 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

I think at one time we were top 5 in soybeans and top 10 in corn. We've fallen hard.

Still top five in sugar beets though. No wonder MI is among the unhealthiest/diabetus states.

Are we no longer the green giant?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:15 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Are we no longer the green giant?

Fitting for this subject Tariffs hurting US manufacturers and we ain't seen nuthin'  if the Chinese and Mexicans don't buy soybeans and corn in the fall. 502811600
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:28 pm

Auto prices could go up about $6,000 with tariffs
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:40 pm

NigelUno wrote:Auto prices could go up about $6,000 with tariffs
good.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:59 pm

Buying a new car would be the art of the deal
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:42 pm

Just when I fell in love with Audis. Fuck this POTUS.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down