Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Explain to me the economic philosophy of tariffs

4 posters

Go down

Explain to me the economic philosophy of tariffs Empty Explain to me the economic philosophy of tariffs

Post by DWags 2018-07-02, 11:22

I mean I get the United States putting econo
Ic pressure on a single country, but if the world is unified against us, will this work?

If we have to make our export products cheaper, what do we do? Cut salaries or jobs?
I don’t want to smart Ass this up, it what is the point t here? I don’t get how this will work, but I admit I only took one economics class.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Explain to me the economic philosophy of tariffs Empty Re: Explain to me the economic philosophy of tariffs

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-07-02, 11:54

I think this is an 'Art of the Deal' move by Trump. Will it work?, we'll see.
The theory would be, we want free trade with everyone, but if they tax our goods coming into their country more than we tax goods coming from them, it sounds obvious, but it's not.
How companies are taxed is different by country, they say they're just making up the difference in taxation between the 2 countries, we say they subsidize companies by paying for things like healthcare, so it's not an expense to the producer. With China, throw in that they manipulate their currency.
It's too complicated for me to say one way or the other.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Explain to me the economic philosophy of tariffs Empty Re: Explain to me the economic philosophy of tariffs

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-07-02, 12:03

I hope it throws the US economy into a tailspin.

doesn't matter, though - the racist, bigoted sexual predator will blame it on the colored boy from Kenya or the grandmother with the email account.. his accomplices in the mainstream media will fall in line and the deplorables will cheer as they stand in the unemployment line.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-07-02, 13:16

It doesn't work.

https://taxfoundation.org/tracker-economic-impact-tariffs/
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-07-02, 13:20

NigelUno wrote:It doesn't work.  

https://taxfoundation.org/tracker-economic-impact-tariffs/
I don't like him but I love the way he governs.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-07-02, 13:47

Long term tariffs are a terrible idea. 
All I can think is Trump is expecting the other side to blink first.
Do they need us more than we need them?
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down