Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Injuries, man

+2
InTenSity
tGreenWay
6 posters

Go down

Injuries, man Empty Injuries, man

Post by tGreenWay 2018-11-11, 20:15

We sure have had a boatload.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Injuries, man Empty Re: Injuries, man

Post by InTenSity 2018-11-11, 20:16

It's like a nightmare on elm street situation.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-11-11, 20:16

Even Tum is on the DL.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-11-11, 20:20

Injuries are screwing it up!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-11-11, 21:14

Injuries hurt my feelings.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-11-11, 23:21

tGreenWay wrote:We sure have had a boatload.

Had it not been for injuries we wouldn't have had so many players miss games.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-11-11, 23:40

I wonder if we're talking playoffs without all these injuries. I'm betting yes.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-11-12, 03:25

Injuries gave my dog diarrhea.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-11-12, 06:58

Remember last year when we didn't have injuries? We beat scUM on the road.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2018-11-12, 11:52

2. Axe-Grinding

Part of what makes discussion fun is that it's flexible; a variety of topics will be discussed, and those discussions may naturally meander a bit within the context defined by the site and whatever categories of discussion are allowed there. Axe-Grinding is when a user keeps constantly gravitating back to the same pet issue or theme for weeks or months on end.

Example: Sara finds any opportunity to trigger up a GMO debate, no matter what the actual topic is. Viewing Sara's post history, GMO and Monsanto are constant, repeated themes in any context. Sara's negative review of a movie will mention eating GMO popcorn, because it's not really about the movie – it's always about her pet issue.

This kind of inflexible, overbearing single-issue focus tends to drag discussion into strange, unwanted directions, and rapidly becomes tiresome to other participants who have probably heard everything this person has to say on that topic multiple times already. Either Sara needs to let that topic go, or she needs to find a dedicated place (e.g. GMO discussion areas) where others want to discuss it as much as she does, and take it there.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-11-12, 14:54

Injuries, man 502811600 You seem to have missed the point of the thread, Heat.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2018-11-12, 16:36

tGreenWay wrote:Injuries, man 502811600 You seem to have missed the point of the thread, Heat.

No, I get it. And it's a completely original concept that has nothing to do with the dead horse emote. Just how long can we expect the injury post to live as a response to everything on tSwill? A day? A week? A month? Is there such a thing as an inside joke on a board with a handful of regulars?
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-11-12, 16:40

I think a week will be enough before it gets stale. Already started to get diminishing returns on the chuckles. Then again if certain posters get triggered then all bets are off on the timeline.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-11-12, 16:51

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I think a week will be enough before it gets stale. Already started to get diminishing returns on the chuckles. Then again if certain posters get triggered then all bets are off on the timeline.
Injuries, man Mirror
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-11-12, 16:53

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I think a week will be enough before it gets stale. Already started to get diminishing returns on the chuckles. Then again if certain posters get triggered then all bets are off on the timeline.
Injuries, man Mirror

And that leads into...

6. Grudges
In any discussion, there is a general expectation that everyone there is participating in good faith – that they have an open mind, no particular agenda, and no bias against the participants or the topic. While short term disagreement is fine, it's important that the people in your community have the ability to reset and approach each new topic with a clean(ish) slate. When you don't do that, when people carry ill will from previous discussions toward the participants or topic into new discussions, that's a grudge.

Example: Tad strongly disagrees with a decision the community made about not creating a new category to house some discussion he finds problematic. So he now views the other leaders in the community, and the moderators, with great distrust. Tad feels like the community has turned on him, and so he has soured on the community. But he has too much invested here to leave, so Tad now likes to point out all the consequences of this "bad" decision often, and cite it as an example of how the community is going wrong. He also follows another moderator, Steve, around because he views him as the ringleader of the original decision, and continually writes long, critical replies to his posts.

Grudges can easily lead to every other dark community pattern on this list. I cannot emphasize enough how important it is to recognize grudges when they emerge so the community can intervene and point out what's happening, and all the negative consequences of a grudge. It's important in the broadest general life sense not to hold grudges; as the famous quote goes (as near as I can tell, attributed to Alcoholics Anonymous)

Holding a grudge is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.

So your community should be educating itself about the danger of grudges, the root of so many other community problems. But it is critically important that moderators never, and I mean never ever, hold grudges. That'd be disastrous.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down