Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Walmart blaming Tracy Morgan for his injuries

+9
Cym Jim
steveschneider
Gomer
Wally Fairway
AvgMSUJoe
Robert J Sakimano
LoneWolfSparty
Floyd Robertson
InTenSity
13 posters

Go down

Article Walmart blaming Tracy Morgan for his injuries

Post by InTenSity Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:44 am

Wow! I hope this company falls faster than the um AD. Pretty disgusting move on their part, to put partial blame for the injuries sustained in the accident caused by one of their drivers that they pressured to make OTD.

Walmart blames Tracy Morgan

In its response, Walmart said the injuries were “caused, in whole or in part, by plaintiffs’ failure to properly wear an appropriate available seat belt restraint device.” The company said by not using seat belts, the plaintiffs “acted unreasonably and in disregard of plaintiffs’ own best interests.”

Disgusting.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Article Re: Walmart blaming Tracy Morgan for his injuries

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:50 am

I heard this on the news yesterday and nearly fell out of my chair.

Wait, your Walmart driver slams into Morgan's vehicle from behinds, and that's what you want to roll with?

I swear, lawyers are PR people are getting dumber by the minute.

How 'bout, keep your effing mouth shut, pay the fines/damages and then the thing will go away on it's own.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:58 am

Yeah let's hope millions lose their jobs because a company's legal department is being, ready for it, legalistic.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:00 am

Floyd Robertson wrote:I heard this on the news yesterday and nearly fell out of my chair.

Wait, your Walmart driver slams into Morgan's vehicle from behinds, and that's what you want to roll with?

I swear, lawyers are PR people are getting dumber by the minute.

How 'bout, keep your effing mouth shut, pay the fines/damages and then the thing will go away on it's own.
This is all about greed. It also sounds as if WM wants to settle out of court, but the plaintiffs don't want to in this situation. That almost makes me think that WM doesn't want this going to court because of Discovery and they are trying to cover something up. I hope that Tracy calls for a boycott on WM and people listen, that company is right up their with the cable companies with how shitty they are.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:02 am

that's it.. I'm never shopping at Wal-Mart again..

I will purchase my processed meat sticks and reality show-inspired sportswear elsewhere.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:22 am

LoneWolfSparty wrote:Yeah let's hope millions lose their jobs because a company's legal department is being, ready for it, legalistic.

We are all paying for their employee's welfare anyway. What's another $7/hr worth of govt cheese.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:25 am

I think there's a more artful way to say the same thing, that probably wasn't it. But let's be realistic, you're supposed to wear a f ucking seat belt. Say, for example, this was a couple of dudes in their pickup out in the woods and they crashed into a tree, got killed, because they weren't wearing seatbelts. You guys would say "Darwin candidates" - so was Tracy Morgan. Just stupid. Wear your seatbelt. There's a reason why children must always be in a seat belt or car seat. And, folks, this is it. Unfortunately this is life. Now, I'm not arguing that the driver wasn't at fault here, just pointing out that Morgan should have been wearing a seat belt.
I haven't been in a lot of limo's but I never recall using a seatbelt in one. Are there even seatbelts in them? The driver was doing 20+ MPH over the speed limit and you are going to blame the victims?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:45 am

gHost Spartan wrote:I think there's a more artful way to say the same thing, that probably wasn't it. But let's be realistic, you're supposed to wear a f ucking seat belt. Say, for example, this was a couple of dudes in their pickup out in the woods and they crashed into a tree, got killed, because they weren't wearing seatbelts. You guys would say "Darwin candidates" - so was Tracy Morgan. Just stupid. Wear your seatbelt. There's a reason why children must always be in a seat belt or car seat. And, folks, this is it. Unfortunately this is life. Now, I'm not arguing that the driver wasn't at fault here, just pointing out that Morgan should have been wearing a seat belt.

blah, ****ing blah - it is all just legal posturing to try to reduce the settlement. Jordan was riding in a commercial shuttle van, and although it would be safer to wear a seat belt it is not legally required.

Do you wear a seatbelt on the shuttle from the terminal to the airport rental car lot?
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:48 am

gHost Spartan wrote:
You misinterpreted my post. I'm not saying it was Morgan's fault, I'm saying that he contributed to his injuries. The seat belts were designed to protect human beings from unavoidable accidents. The unexpected. Just because it may not be commonplace to wear a seat belt in a limo doesn't absolve passengers from any causation, with respect to their injuries (I'm not talking legally). Seat belts aren't just a good idea, they're the law. I wear my seat belt all the time.
In Florida the law only requires front seat passengers to wear seat belts. If you are sitting in the back you don't have to. If this happened to you or me, we'd probably take the settlement because we could use the money to pay for the medical bills, or a few million dollars is a good amount of cash. This happening to a celebrity is going to be different though.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:05 am

InTenSity wrote:Wow! I hope this company falls faster than the um AD. Pretty disgusting move on their part, to put partial blame for the injuries sustained in the accident caused by one of their drivers that they pressured to make OTD.

Walmart blames Tracy Morgan

Disgusting.

But true.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:06 am

Wally Fairway wrote:

Do you wear a seatbelt on the shuttle from the terminal to the airport rental car lot?
I do. True story.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:09 am

InTenSity wrote:
I haven't been in a lot of limo's but I never recall using a seatbelt in one. Are there even seatbelts in them? The driver was doing 20+ MPH over the speed limit and you are going to blame the victims?

There's seat belts in limos, taxis, etc. For some reason though people fail to wear them when they think there's a 'professional' driving them.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:31 pm

steveschneider wrote:

There's seat belts in limos, taxis, etc. For some reason though people fail to wear them when they think there's a 'professional' driving them.

It's hard to use the limo's stripper pole with a seat belt on.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:51 pm

gHost Spartan wrote:I think there's a more artful way to say the same thing, that probably wasn't it. But let's be realistic, you're supposed to wear a f ucking seat belt. Say, for example, this was a couple of dudes in their pickup out in the woods and they crashed into a tree, got killed, because they weren't wearing seatbelts. You guys would say "Darwin candidates" - so was Tracy Morgan. Just stupid. Wear your seatbelt. There's a reason why children must always be in a seat belt or car seat. And, folks, this is it. Unfortunately this is life. Now, I'm not arguing that the driver wasn't at fault here, just pointing out that Morgan should have been wearing a seat belt.

Walmart had got to prove a seatbelt would have mitigated the injuries. If he was restrained the seatbelt might have actually contributed to his death. Seatbelt a can be good in 80% of the situations. However there are times when the seatbelt actually caused greater injury. The experts will fight over that issue.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:18 pm

gHost Spartan wrote: I agree it'll be interesting but the bottom line is that people need to buckle up. Many of these Hollywood types believe they're larger than life and can't comprehend what ordinary folk deal with daily,  like common traffic accidents.  Unfortunately this ethos may have hurt Morgan more.

Was in a stretch limo a few weeks back heading from Trenton to Philadelphia we were easily doing 90mph down the expressway. Me and the driver were the only ones wearing our seat belts.

I can't tell you how many taxis I've been in where no one buckles up. My former colleague had a good friend that got her face smashed up against the glass of a taxi because she wasn't wearing her belt.

I think people have a false sense of security in those things.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:24 pm

Did anyone see or read "The World According to Garp"?

That dude was getting a BJ when he ran into a car and got his dick bit off.

So, it can always be worse. Unless your dick gets bit off. Then it's pretty much as bad as it can get.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:48 pm

Do kids have to wear seat belts on school buses these days? I honestly don't think ours had seat belts when I was in school. The talk of people not wearing them in shuttle buses, limos, taxis, etc., got me thinking how incredibly dangerous it was to ride a school bus.

Most people stay buckled up on a plane, not because of fears of a crash (as if it would help after plunging 30,000 feet) but because of possible really bad turbulence. Yet few people wear seat belts in buses and taxis. Odd if you think about it. Wouldn't a bus crash be far more likely than the type of turbulence that would toss you out of your seat?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanGuard Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:53 pm

Wally Fairway wrote: Jordan was riding in a commercial shuttle van, and although it would be safer to wear a seat belt it is not legally required.

I think you've been watching too much "30 Rock"...
SpartanGuard
SpartanGuard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down