Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is "All Summer Long" by Kid Rock the worst song ever written?

+13
WhiteBoyHatcher
Rocinante
Space Lord
DWags
Other Teams Pursuing That
The Pantry
Turtleneck
Robert J Sakimano
steveschneider
Travis of the Cosmos
Watch Out Pylon!
Nordic
kingstonlake
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Is "All Summer Long" by Kid Rock the worst song ever written? Empty Is "All Summer Long" by Kid Rock the worst song ever written?

Post by kingstonlake Sun 9 Dec 2018 - 8:02

This piece of garbage actually won a Grammy.

kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Is "All Summer Long" by Kid Rock the worst song ever written? Empty Re: Is "All Summer Long" by Kid Rock the worst song ever written?

Post by Guest Sun 9 Dec 2018 - 8:24

But he makes people happy man...

Kid Rock pays off $81,000 worth of layaways at Nashville Walmart

The layaway customers, who have been coming into the store as a result of Rock's gesture, were wearing shocked and smiling faces, Meyer said. Each one is being handed a card explaining that Kid Rock made the payment on their behalf, he said.

They did not have enough money for both rent and the toys they had put on layaway at the Dickerson Pike store, said Autumn Nuccio, as she waited for Walmart staff to grab her items.

Autumn and Woody Nuccio want to make sure Kid Rock knows how grateful they are for his generosity. Without him, the parents would not be able to give their three young children presents for Christmas this year.

"It's such a burden lifted off of our shoulders knowing that our kids will have Christmas," said Autumn Nuccio, who works at the Walmart location.

This would be a nice thing to do if I had Sakimano $$.....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Is "All Summer Long" by Kid Rock the worst song ever written? Empty Re: Is "All Summer Long" by Kid Rock the worst song ever written?

Post by Nordic Sun 9 Dec 2018 - 9:05

WTF is wrong with you?? Great song. I can listen to it on loop. I bet you think Die Hard is a Christmas movie.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sun 9 Dec 2018 - 9:13

Things totally rhymes with things. Genius.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun 9 Dec 2018 - 9:24

Yes. Absolute trash song. I hate it and I hate people like Nordic.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 9 Dec 2018 - 9:28

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Yes. Absolute trash song. I hate it and I hate people like Nordic.

Open your crusty ass heart to love and find happiness like Nigel and Turtleneck did....

Is "All Summer Long" by Kid Rock the worst song ever written? Elgayc10
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun 9 Dec 2018 - 9:28

LooseGoose wrote:But he makes people happy man...

Kid Rock pays off $81,000 worth of layaways at Nashville Walmart

The layaway customers, who have been coming into the store as a result of Rock's gesture, were wearing shocked and smiling faces, Meyer said. Each one is being handed a card explaining that Kid Rock made the payment on their behalf, he said.

They did not have enough money for both rent and the toys they had put on layaway at the Dickerson Pike store, said Autumn Nuccio, as she waited for Walmart staff to grab her items.

Autumn and Woody Nuccio want to make sure Kid Rock knows how grateful they are for his generosity. Without him, the parents would not be able to give their three young children presents for Christmas this year.

"It's such a burden lifted off of our shoulders knowing that our kids will have Christmas," said Autumn Nuccio, who works at the Walmart location.

This would be a nice thing to do if I had Sakimano $$.....

That's an awesome thing to do. Very thoughtful. Now if he'd put as much thought into makimg music.....Razz
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sun 9 Dec 2018 - 9:50

Question before I decide to click and listen to it. Which iteration of Kid Rock is this song: Kid Rock the rap star, Kid Rock the Country star or Kid Rock the rock star? TIA
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun 9 Dec 2018 - 9:58

steveschneider wrote:Question before I decide to click and listen to it. Which iteration of Kid Rock is this song: Kid Rock the rap star, Kid Rock the Country star or Kid Rock the rock star? TIA

I think it's Kid Rock "the lyrics in under 5 minutes" years.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sun 9 Dec 2018 - 10:41

Never heard it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun 9 Dec 2018 - 11:03

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Never heard it.

You're not missing anything. Although it is partially about being up north, and I know how much you love being up north.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun 9 Dec 2018 - 11:26

Classic mix of Lynyrd Skynyrd and Warren Zevon. Great lyrics. Reminds me of my summers in the northern lower peninsula (not to be confused with "Up North", which it is not).
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun 9 Dec 2018 - 11:34

I mean it’s bad but catchy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 9 Dec 2018 - 11:37

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I mean it’s bad but catchy

So it's the flu of songs?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun 9 Dec 2018 - 11:46

The Pantry wrote:Classic mix of Lynyrd Skynyrd and Warren Zevon. Great lyrics. Reminds me of my summers in the northern lower peninsula (not to be confused with "Up North", which it is not).

See this is where people are clueless. It's not a classic mix of..... It's a mix of classic..... With lyrics that are dumb. For instance...I'm willing to bet any amount of money that kid Rock never caught a single walleye off a dock. But hey it rhymes with rocks...
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun 9 Dec 2018 - 11:48

The Pantry wrote:Classic theft of Warren Zevon.  

Fixed. 

I don’t care about LS, and the song is complete shit. This has been decided. Since none of the video was filmed in the northern lower, it does not remind me of the northern lower.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun 9 Dec 2018 - 11:49

kingstonlake wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Classic mix of Lynyrd Skynyrd and Warren Zevon. Great lyrics. Reminds me of my summers in the northern lower peninsula (not to be confused with "Up North", which it is not).

See this is where people are clueless. It's not a classic mix of..... It's a mix of classic..... With lyrics that are dumb. For instance...I'm willing to bet any amount of money that kid Rock never caught a single walleye off a dock. But hey it rhymes with rocks...

I think kid rock and his boys love the water and boats and fishing.
I really do.

Song sucks.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Lord Sun 9 Dec 2018 - 12:50

When I first heard that tune I almost got physically sick. When I tried to imagine what kind of people it appealed to, I got sicker.
Space Lord
Space Lord
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Sun 9 Dec 2018 - 14:22

LooseGoose wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I mean it’s bad but catchy

So it's the flu of songs?

It also took the formula from something else and mutated it, so pretty good analogy actually.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun 9 Dec 2018 - 14:31

I saw Tyler Perry did the same thing.

Serious question - why in 2018 are people still using layaway? What is the point? Can't you just wait until you have enough money to buy whatever it is you want and if they don't have it in stock anymore at Wal Mart you can go to Target or Amazon?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 9 Dec 2018 - 15:09

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I saw Tyler Perry did the same thing.

Serious question - why in 2018 are people still using layaway? What is the point? Can't you just wait until you have enough money to buy whatever it is you want and if they don't have it in stock anymore at Wal Mart you can go to Target or Amazon?

Most use it to make payments. The item is there and held for you so it doesn't sell out and you can pay for it in installments. If you're on a really tight budget it's a way to finance purchases.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun 9 Dec 2018 - 15:11

LooseGoose wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I saw Tyler Perry did the same thing.

Most use it to make payments. The item is there and held for you so it doesn't sell out and you can pay for it in installments. If you're on a really tight budget it's a way to finance purchases.

Is it also without interest? Is that why people don’t use a credit card for it?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sun 9 Dec 2018 - 15:20

Space Lord wrote:When I first heard that tune I almost got physically sick. When I tried to imagine what kind of people it appealed to, I got sicker.
Is "All Summer Long" by Kid Rock the worst song ever written? 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun 9 Dec 2018 - 15:30

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Is it also without interest? Is that why people don’t use a credit card for it?

How could they charge you interest for it? They are holding it until you have enough to pay for it. That would be pretty shitty.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 9 Dec 2018 - 15:39

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Most use it to make payments.   The item is there and held for you so it doesn't sell out and you can pay for it in installments.   If you're on a really tight budget it's a way to finance purchases.

Is it also without interest?  Is that why people don’t use a credit card for it?

I would guess not, I really don't know.    And keep in mind you're talking about a group that mostly doesn't have/use credit cards.   I know there are people up here that struggle to have enough "extra" money to buy gifts.   It's why the local clubs/groups try to help with presents/food so everyone has a Christmas.

Edited to add: From Walmart's website....has to be paid by tomorrow. I'm assuming so they can sell the stuff to others if you don't buy it.
https://www.walmart.com/cp/Layaway/1088466
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sun 9 Dec 2018 - 15:51

Is the song about putting stuff on layaway at Wall-Mart?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun 9 Dec 2018 - 16:04

I think so Bob. Only in summer though.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sun 9 Dec 2018 - 16:10

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I think so Bob. Only in summer though.
so pool noodles, jean shorts and lawn dart sets?

I assume they had to wait all summer long to get them out of layaway?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun 9 Dec 2018 - 16:12

If I understand things correctly, those items are available year round in Alabama.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sun 9 Dec 2018 - 16:14

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:If I understand things correctly, those items are available year round in Alabama.
Lauderdale County is in north Alabama. I suspect they have a Wal-Mart.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sun 9 Dec 2018 - 18:44

Holy shit. There are more of you. I just assumed most of you grew up in Michigan. Wow. I feel like I don't even know you people.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Sun 9 Dec 2018 - 20:32

I remember the first kid rock Nordic. My friend had a Walkman and listened to that crap all the time. I’m from Michigan
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun 9 Dec 2018 - 20:49

Nordic wrote:Holy shit. There are more of you. I just assumed most of you grew up in Michigan. Wow. I feel like I don't even know you people.
Living in Michigan is the problem with the song Nordic. Was it a bad song the first time I heard it? I honestly can’t remember. But now, 10 years later, God for fucking bid that you accidentally go to a bonfire with someone like you who wants to hear it on repeat. Cause you will. Over and over again. And you heard it 3 times on the radio on your way to the bonfire. And you will do so every summer for the rest of your life until you mercifully die and think you never have to hear that song again. But then you get to hell. And your personal hell is listening to that song on repeat over and over for eternity. Which will feel oddly comfortable because that’s basically just any warmish month in Michigan anyway.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 9 Dec 2018 - 20:58

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Nordic wrote:Holy shit. There are more of you. I just assumed most of you grew up in Michigan. Wow. I feel like I don't even know you people.
Living in Michigan is the problem with the song Nordic. Was it a bad song the first time I heard it? I honestly can’t remember. But now, 10 years later, God for fucking bid that you accidentally go to a bonfire with someone like you who wants to hear it on repeat. Cause you will. Over and over again. And you heard it 3 times on the radio on your way to the bonfire. And you will do so every summer for the rest of your life until you mercifully die and think you never have to hear that song again. But then you get to hell. And your personal hell is listening to that song on repeat over and over for eternity. Which will feel oddly comfortable because that’s basically just any warmish month in Michigan anyway.

I wish I could buy you a dose of happiness for Christmas.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun 9 Dec 2018 - 20:58

This is why I don't visit Michigan May-October.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun 9 Dec 2018 - 20:58

LooseGoose wrote:

I wish I could buy you a dose of happiness for Christmas.

Suffering makes you strong, Loose.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun 9 Dec 2018 - 21:02

lol!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun 9 Dec 2018 - 21:04

Turtleneck wrote:

This is why I don't visit Michigan May-October.
Smart.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad Sun 9 Dec 2018 - 21:16

I like the song. Reminds me of a time when everybody wasn't staring at their fucking phones everywhere they went. Also it's pretty awesome that he paid off all those people's presents. 'Tis the season for love. I love you
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun 9 Dec 2018 - 21:17

y2kMgrad wrote:I like the song. Reminds me of a time when everybody wasn't staring at their fucking phones everywhere they went. Also it's pretty awesome that he paid off all those people's presents. 'Tis the season for love. I love you
It was released the exact same year that iPhones came out.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next