Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are your plans for "I will take full responsibility for a shutdown, I will own it, I won't blame Democrats.... Well......it's a now a Democrat owned shutdown and I've decided to tear down everything this country has built for over 200 years" holiday?

+7
Heat Miser
AvgMSUJoe
Rocinante
DWags
Robert J Sakimano
Watch Out Pylon!
kingstonlake
11 posters

Go down

What are your plans for "I will take full responsibility for a shutdown, I will own it, I won't blame Democrats.... Well......it's a now a Democrat owned shutdown and I've decided to tear down everything this country has built for over 200 years" holiday? Empty What are your plans for "I will take full responsibility for a shutdown, I will own it, I won't blame Democrats.... Well......it's a now a Democrat owned shutdown and I've decided to tear down everything this country has built for over 200 years" holiday?

Post by kingstonlake December 21st 2018, 8:19 pm

So much winning.

Last edited by kingstonlake on December 21st 2018, 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

What are your plans for "I will take full responsibility for a shutdown, I will own it, I won't blame Democrats.... Well......it's a now a Democrat owned shutdown and I've decided to tear down everything this country has built for over 200 years" holiday? Empty Re: What are your plans for "I will take full responsibility for a shutdown, I will own it, I won't blame Democrats.... Well......it's a now a Democrat owned shutdown and I've decided to tear down everything this country has built for over 200 years" holiday?

Post by kingstonlake December 21st 2018, 8:23 pm

I plan to wonder how many super smart government employees, who will work for free, voted for the orange ape in the last election and now realize what a collosal mistake it was.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What are your plans for "I will take full responsibility for a shutdown, I will own it, I won't blame Democrats.... Well......it's a now a Democrat owned shutdown and I've decided to tear down everything this country has built for over 200 years" holiday? Empty Re: What are your plans for "I will take full responsibility for a shutdown, I will own it, I won't blame Democrats.... Well......it's a now a Democrat owned shutdown and I've decided to tear down everything this country has built for over 200 years" holiday?

Post by Robert J Sakimano December 21st 2018, 8:39 pm

So... the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator lied to America?

#Disappointed
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake December 21st 2018, 9:30 pm

I'm thinking we should take out a full page ad in El Universal thanking the citizens of Mexico for paying for the wall.

What are your plans for "I will take full responsibility for a shutdown, I will own it, I won't blame Democrats.... Well......it's a now a Democrat owned shutdown and I've decided to tear down everything this country has built for over 200 years" holiday? May-9-10
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser December 29th 2018, 1:02 pm

2013:

Hasselback: Who’s getting fired? Who’s gonna bear the brunt of the responsibility, if indeed there is a shutdown of our government?

Trump: Well, if you say who gets fired, it always has to be the top. I mean, problems start from the top and they have to get solved from the top and the president’s the leader and he’s gotta get everyone in a room and he’s gotta lead. And, he doesn’t do that, he doesn’t like doing that, that’s not his strength. And, that’s why you have this horrible situation going on in Washington. It’s a very, very bad thing and it’s very embarrassing worldwide.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! December 29th 2018, 1:23 pm

Goose won't comment here because he'd rather blame women and immigrants for everything.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 1st 2019, 10:04 pm

lol on CNN today...

TONY REARDON, NATIONAL TREASURY EMPLOYEES UNION: Well what I'm hearing -- first all of thank you for having me on. I'm hearing a great deal from our members who have a great deal of anxiety, they have a lot of fear and candidly they have a great deal of anger and that's certainly to be understood. You know what I'm also hearing is that folks are very upset that they have been kind of cast in the middle of a fight, not of their creation, and that they do not have the power to resolve.

They're fearful of not being able to pay their mortgage, to pay their rent, to pay the college tuition bill for their children and they want Congress to do their job; Congress and the Administration to do their job. So there's a great deal of anxiety and fear out there.

I think one good story - it's an unfortunate story but one that I think is worth hearing is we had an individual let us know that recently his wife died. He is unable at this time because of this shutdown, to pay for her headstone and said at the tail end of his commentary to us that he is brokenhearted over that. And you know, that I think in some ways kind of encapsulates what this is - what's going on and what's happening to federal workers. Our federal workers do a great service to this country and to be treated the way that they are is indeed unfortunate.

BLACKWELL: That is terrible that man can't pay for a headstone for his wife!

One little problem with that sob story.
But what if the shutdown ends soon? David Martosko of London's Daily Mail flagged this tombstone-and-tears segment on Twitter, writing: "Is it January 11 already? Because that's when shutdown furloughs will miss their first paychecks.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags January 1st 2019, 10:52 pm

LooseGoose wrote:lol on CNN today...

TONY REARDON, NATIONAL TREASURY EMPLOYEES UNION: Well what I'm hearing -- first all of thank you for having me on. I'm hearing a great deal from our members who have a great deal of anxiety, they have a lot of fear and candidly they have a great deal of anger and that's certainly to be understood. You know what I'm also hearing is that folks are very upset that they have been kind of cast in the middle of a fight, not of their creation, and that they do not have the power to resolve.

They're fearful of not being able to pay their mortgage, to pay their rent, to pay the college tuition bill for their children and they want Congress to do their job; Congress and the Administration to do their job. So there's a great deal of anxiety and fear out there.

I think one good story - it's an unfortunate story but one that I think is worth hearing is we had an individual let us know that recently his wife died. He is unable at this time because of this shutdown, to pay for her headstone and said at the tail end of his commentary to us that he is brokenhearted over that. And you know, that I think in some ways kind of encapsulates what this is - what's going on and what's happening to federal workers. Our federal workers do a great service to this country and to be treated the way that they are is indeed unfortunate.

But what if the shutdown ends soon? David Martosko of London's Daily Mail flagged this tombstone-and-tears segment on Twitter, writing: "Is it January 11 already? Because that's when shutdown furloughs will miss their first paychecks.

So, this guy had the tomb stone budgeted in his last paycheck? Is he able to get a loan without money coming in? This London daily mirror guy knows what this man budgeted with an income that many live check to check on? Goose could you give me a bit more info on this? Did that guy interview the widower to find out about his budget? TIA.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! January 1st 2019, 11:36 pm

The Daily Mail is a fucking tabloid. Goose is really dumb and no one should ever believe a word he posts here.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daily_Mail
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano January 2nd 2019, 5:50 am

LooseGoose wrote:lol on CNN today...

thanks for the mainstream media copy/paste.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano January 2nd 2019, 5:51 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:The Daily Mail is a fucking tabloid. Goose is really dumb and no one should ever believe a word he posts here.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daily_Mail
You mean the mainstream media deliberately misleads people like Goose?

I never noticed.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser January 2nd 2019, 8:49 am

I would imagine his "last paycheck" was eaten up, and then some, by funeral and burial costs. A headstone is really just the cherry on top of the ice cream sundae of expenses that come with dying these days.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake January 18th 2019, 9:32 am

Shuts down Pelosi's trip overseas......

Air Force one lands in Palm Beach last night so the First mail order Lady can have a weekend in Mar A Lago.....
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan January 18th 2019, 8:48 pm

The sob story I know of is my of my oldest friends married a guy who went into the Coast Guard after 2 years of college.  He's an E-6 with 14 years, 4 children all under 10 and a stay at home wife because of his rotating hours at a station in VA.  

Now going without pay with a wife and 4 kids they are getting money sent from her parents, the maternal grandparents.

So Goose's billionaire hero is fucking over members if the Coast Guard.  The same Coast Guard that's running extra patrols off the Florida coast protecting Trump's wife and child at  Mar-A-Laga without pay.

But I remember Goose's family is off limits but he can spout off about other families  going without pay dismissively refering to their circumstances as "sob stories".

A tough talking warwimp supporting the war wimp President.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! January 23rd 2019, 6:23 pm

I wrote Elissa Slotkin awhile back. She finally got back to me. Kind of a stock answer. Whatever.

Dear Pylon,

Thank you for emailing my office about the current government shutdown. I truly appreciate hearing directly from constituents about the issues that are on their mind. Frankly, I need that feedback, and I will endeavor to make this response as helpful as possible. 
As you know, in the closing days of the previous Congress, legislation to appropriate funds for the remaining, unfunded federal departments failed to pass both chambers. This failure to agree on appropriations funding resulted in a partial government shutdown closing nine federal departments and numerous federal agencies. These closures have resulted in over 350,000 federal workers being placed on furlough and over 400,000 workers being asked to work without pay. The impacted departments include the Department of Agriculture, Department of Commerce, Department of Justice, Department of Homeland Security, Department of Housing and Urban Development, Department of the Interior, Department of State, Department of Transportation, and Department of Treasury.  On the first day of the new Congress, legislation passed the House for Representatives to reopen the government with funding for all effected departments and agencies. However, the Senate has, until now, not taken up the legislation due to an impasse on the funding of a wall on our southern border.
As a national security professional and former acting Assistant Secretary of Defense, I do believe that a principled debate over the security of our southern border is one worth having. But this is different from a wall from sea to shining sea. We need to reopen the government, and both sides need to come to the table in order to have a serious, fact-based conversation about how to best secure our southern border in an effective and responsible way. We all agree that we need more border security and humanitarian assistance, and it’s time we actually get to work and compromise on something real. But the first step is to open the government and stop punishing our federal workers who are caught in the middle.
I want to sincerely thank you for sharing your views. I need feedback from my constituents. I believe that reaching out to your members of Congress and staying civically engaged is a service to your country, and I appreciate the time you have taken to do so. To learn more about my work in the U.S. House of Representatives, please visit my website, where you can sign up for my e-newsletter. You can find regular updates on my social media pages by "following" me on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, which you can do by clicking on the icons below. You can also feel free to reach out to either my Lansing, Michigan, or Washington, D.C., office to ask any questions, further express an opinion, or seek assistance with a federal agency. My office is here to help.

Sincerely,
What are your plans for "I will take full responsibility for a shutdown, I will own it, I won't blame Democrats.... Well......it's a now a Democrat owned shutdown and I've decided to tear down everything this country has built for over 200 years" holiday? SLOTKINSIG 
Elissa Slotkin
Member of Congress
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags January 23rd 2019, 7:43 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Elissa Slotkin is a great American.

I thought that was the Russian NRA lady we arrested.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante January 23rd 2019, 7:52 pm

Teachers are the only people willing to strike anymore. And they’re proving again and again how well it works. I wish the federal employees union would just say fuck the law. Walk out.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe January 24th 2019, 8:23 am

Rocinante wrote:Teachers are the only people willing to strike anymore. And they’re proving again and again how well it works. I wish the federal employees union would just say fuck the law. Walk out.

When Reagan fired the Air traffic controllers, banned them for life from federal jobs then deactivated their union... it took federal employees out of the organized labor game.

Reagan really was the worst president in the history of the country... for many reasons.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser January 24th 2019, 1:29 pm

Speaker Pelosi: But we do not support the president holding the health, safety, and paychecks of the American people hostage, again, to a campaign applause line. There is serious and justified concern that this president would shut down the government anytime he does not get his way legislatively. That is why we must hold the line on this shutdown in government.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags January 24th 2019, 1:46 pm

Heat Miser wrote:Speaker Pelosi: But we do not support the president holding the health, safety, and paychecks of the American people hostage, again, to a campaign applause line. There is serious and justified concern that this president would shut down the government anytime he does not get his way legislatively. That is why we must hold the line on this shutdown in government.

Can't emphasize this enough. Guy is a full blown 2 year old.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano January 24th 2019, 1:55 pm

mainstream media reporting that a GOP Senator is going to break from the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator and vote for a bill that reopens the govt without funding for the Monument to Bigotry and Racism.

Fox News - Republican Sen. Cory Gardner plans to vote for a spending bill that would reopen the government – even without funding for the border wall.

The Colorado lawmaker will vote for a measure that doesn’t include additional border security funding, a spokesperson told the Denver Post, noting Gardner’s opposition to government shutdowns.

a) is it true? Who knows - it is the mainstream media.

b) if it is true, it's refreshing to see at least one republican put country before party.

Caution: Mainstream Media Link
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno January 25th 2019, 10:26 am

Groundstop at LaGuardia.

This is what will eventually end the shutdown.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos January 25th 2019, 10:30 am

NigelUno wrote:Groundstop at LaGuardia.

This is what will eventually end the shutdown.

“Thank fucking God” - Fox News

Literally anything else to talk about today. Anything.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan January 25th 2019, 1:39 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Elissa Slotkin is a great American.

Naw.

She’s just another pushy female Democrat in Congress wanting to use facts and reason rather than committing more billions into expanding The Wall
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson January 25th 2019, 2:56 pm

[tw]1088887911284535296[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante January 29th 2019, 4:34 pm

Government workers and contractors have options.

https://splinternews.com/how-labor-can-win-the-next-shutdown-1832118620
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down