Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coach D presser at 5:45 today

+21
aualum06
SawGreen
duffy munn
Travis of the Cosmos
CORNER BLITZ
MiamiSpartan
Tim Wakefield
kingstonlake
WhiteBoyHatcher
tGreenWay
Jethro Bodeen
Nordic
Watch Out Pylon!
Other Teams Pursuing That
I.B. Fine
NigelUno
steveschneider
Floyd Robertson
TheReal_LWS
DWags
Death Roe
25 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Coach D presser at 5:45 today - Page 5 Empty Re: Coach D presser at 5:45 today

Post by tGreenWay 2019-01-11, 00:31

Not the numbers.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2019-01-11, 00:45

tGreenWay wrote:Not the numbers.
Or the philosophy?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2019-01-11, 00:54

Mark Dantonio 'won't apologize' for restructuring Michigan State staff

Dantonio said Salem turned down offers to become a coordinator at three different Power 5 programs over the past three seasons. That two-way loyalty is something Dantonio mentioned about his assistants the final two months of the season, when it became clear the offense needed overhauled.
At Augustana, Salem ran more of a “one-back multiple” spread-style offense with the Vikings that predominantly ran out of the shotgun set.
“I think that he's got a very innovative, creative mind,” Dantonio said of Salem. 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-11, 07:07

duffy munn wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Bring in Wayne Fontes and have him teach Dantonio the run and shoot offense.

Gonna need Mouse Davis for this as well. Wayne and Mouse as co-oc's. Provided either one of them is still alive.

I’m laughing. I just remember on super tecmo bowl when I picked the Lions And saw all those receiver routes on those passing plays for the first time it was mind blowing. When I saw that playbook I was like if this is the run and shoot offense then sign me up!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-11, 07:29

Just waking up to see people on twitter calling for Dantonio to be fired...never thought I’d see the day but here we are.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-01-11, 07:54

steveschneider wrote:Just waking up to see people on twitter calling for Dantonio to be fired...never thought I’d see the day but here we are.

This country is full of stupid people.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2019-01-11, 08:01

And a round up of our blue-like idiots.
Mark Dantonio's offensive 'changes' chided by Michigan State fans
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-01-11, 09:13

FWIW it really seems like this is a case of I guess what you would call a vocal minority. Comp has a poll up - approve, disapprove or undecided. It's currently 55/30/15 with over 400 votes.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2019-01-11, 09:18

Looking at the headline of that story reminds me of how much editorializing has seeped into all aspects of our news. Having changes in quotes seems to imply there were no changes made when the reality is that if you look at how many people switched positions it was a pretty thorough shake-up.

It shouldn't be the headline or news writers job to decide whether the changes were extensive enough or not. Their supposed job is to provide us with the facts and let us draw our own conclusions.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-01-11, 09:27

Meh... well see.

Funny thing. The ven diagram of "FIRE EVERYBODY" twits on twitter, with #MAGA posts in their timeline correlates.

This might be whats wrong in the world. Everyone got to ignore idiots easier prior to the internets.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-01-11, 09:33

LooseGoose wrote:Looking at the headline of that story reminds me of how much editorializing has seeped into all aspects of our news. Having changes in quotes seems to imply there were no changes made when the reality is that if you look at how many people switched positions it was a pretty thorough shake-up.

It shouldn't be the headline or news writers job to decide whether the changes were extensive enough or not. Their supposed job is to provide us with the facts and let us draw our own conclusions.

I FIRMLY believe there should be ZERO stories based on any response on TWITTER... EVER. It would be like a story about a thread here. Just STUPID.

On ABC or one of them there was a recurring story about "ellen backlash" for supporting that short comedian to do the oscars. I really don't give a shit about any of that, but the point that they replayed a story solely based on random chucklehead's twits REALLY pissed me off. With a just the smallest amount of ingenuity they could have gotten quotes from actual leaders on subjects or official positions of groups representing people... but NO. Twitter randos.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-01-11, 09:37

Strongly agree with you there Avg Joe.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-01-11, 09:54

LooseGoose wrote:Looking at the headline of that story reminds me of how much editorializing has seeped into all aspects of our news. Having changes in quotes seems to imply there were no changes made when the reality is that if you look at how many people switched positions it was a pretty thorough shake-up.

Coach D presser at 5:45 today - Page 5 1966794946 Oh, the irony. You mean people shouldn’t make assumptions based on headlines?

You can’t make this shit up.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-01-11, 09:56

The fact that Twitter and RCMB fans are outraged, makes me embrace the move more and more.

I'm especially encouraged by the Michigan fans pissing on the move and flapping about hiring Gattis. Gattis might be the next great play caller, but he is just as big of an unknown as Salem. He"s never called plays and you can bet Harbaugh will mold the O into his form, just like Dantonio will. Especially with a newb. Maybe he did wonders with Vandy, PSU and Bama WRs. Bama's WR core was top 3 in the country before he took over and top 3 when he left.  He's supposedly a whiz recruiter, I bet that was Harbaugh's main attraction. Cool, you've had those before.

Also if he was truely the next great thing, why didn't Saban hire him as the full-time OC? He's had a month to do so. But he's from Bama and M fans like shiney things, so they win the offseason.  There hire is underwhelming and has just as many question marks as ours.

Last edited by Nordic on 2019-01-11, 09:59; edited 1 time in total
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2019-01-11, 09:58

If Jeem (or Fred Flinstone, or DickRod) pulled this kind of move at SCum after a 7-6 season, we'd all be laughing at them. Put me in the "disappointed" column.

A. Fire Coach D
B. Disappointed
C. Meh
D. I approve.
E. Love it! Natty's on the horizon!
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-01-11, 09:59

AvgMSUJoe wrote:

I FIRMLY believe there should be ZERO stories based on any response on TWITTER... EVER. It would be like a story about a thread here. Just STUPID.

On ABC or one of them there was a recurring story about "ellen backlash" for supporting that short comedian to do the oscars. I really don't give a shit about any of that, but the point that they replayed a story solely based on random chucklehead's twits REALLY pissed me off. With a just the smallest amount of ingenuity they could have gotten quotes from actual leaders on subjects or official positions of groups representing people... but NO. Twitter randos.

It’s the chamber of outrage and bullshit that dominates the news- and works. Most people really do not give a fuck but it what’s you hear about. Millennials want to kill mayo, hopcat is PC and changing the name of French fries, some random public high school did something, and the list goes on and on.

With all this being said, it’s evident that we as a society have a long way to become aware enough (if ever) to realize that the media is profiting off individuals going at each other because of the manufactured “issues”. I mean, look at this board or the bin - there are people falling for this shit over and over again that you’d think would be too smart to do so.

Last edited by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2019-01-11, 10:01; edited 1 time in total
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-01-11, 10:00

Heat Miser wrote:If Jeem (or Fred Flinstone, or DickRod) pulled this kind of move at SCum after a 7-6 season, we'd all be laughing at them. Put me in the "disappointed" column.

A. Fire Coach D
B. Disappointed
C. Meh
D. I approve.

Probably, but fans are kinda dumb... actually most are really dumb.

Is what Michigan did really an upgrade from what we did?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2019-01-11, 10:03

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Coach D presser at 5:45 today - Page 5 1966794946 Oh, the irony. You mean people shouldn’t make assumptions based on headlines?

You can’t make this shit up.

You remind me of the old saying about people peaking in intelligence in their early 20s. Then as they get older they realize just how ignorant they were. Enjoy yourself.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-01-11, 10:05

Nordic wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:If Jeem (or Fred Flinstone, or DickRod) pulled this kind of move at SCum after a 7-6 season, we'd all be laughing at them. Put me in the "disappointed" column.

A. Fire Coach D
B. Disappointed
C. Meh
D. I approve.

According to the headlines on Freep.com, definitely.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-11, 10:06

A. Fire Coach D
B. Disappointed
C. Meh
D. I approve.

i can see why, but I thought Coach was pretty transparent last night.

For this job to be worthwhile to him he can't hand over the keys on offense. I get it and it is a big part of this conundrum.

To hire someone new he doesn't feel like it would be successful. That tells me he explored the option and he doesn't believe it is the best fix. He could have gone that route and shit could be just as bad as it is now. He might not have the skill set to make those kind of moves. As Graham Couch put it, it is revealing that Coach D just doesn't have a rolodex with other options and he doesn't have those types of connections to make that kind of move.

And last and I keep coming back to this, without the right coach at MSU we've all seen the program free fall and become Rutgers/Illini/Minnesota. We drive out coach d the new coach is at best going to get us right where we are at now (if we are lucky) and there's more downside to that type of move than up side. We are MSU which means 8-9 win season average is pretty damn good.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-11, 10:10

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Nordic wrote:

According to the headlines on Freep.com, definitely.

I can see why it's 'good' for them. They excel at being offseason champs and being off season champs keeps the fan base happy. It also feeds the UofM hype machine. Will it matter on the football field? Possibly but most likely it will just mean more of the same for UofM.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-01-11, 10:15

Is it really that difficult to grasp that hiring a coach from the best program in the country is going to be viewed in a more positive light than swapping coaches around after a 7-6 season? Pass the liquor, or the green koolaid that’s spiked, shit.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-01-11, 10:15

Yeah steve, was thinking about that, too. The gloom and doom portion of our fanbase is so entitled and unrealistic. We've had some success - really good success - National success. But that does not mean we are a big boy program or will ever be one. We have numerous built in disadvantages from economics to geographical to institutional/educational etc. No need to list them all out, most people know what they are. Dantonio has found a way to minimize all of those disadvantages and compete. What are the odds that the next guy can do that as well as he has? Doesn't he deserve the benefit of the doubt in terms of deciding what's best for the football program? I certainly think he has a more in depth knowledge of the proper roadmap than the blowhard fans and media.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-11, 10:54

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Yeah steve, was thinking about that, too. The gloom and doom portion of our fanbase is so entitled and unrealistic. We've had some success - really good success - National success. But that does not mean we are a big boy program or will ever be one. We have numerous built in disadvantages from economics to geographical to institutional/educational etc. No need to list them all out, most people know what they are. Dantonio has found a way to minimize all of those disadvantages and compete. What are the odds that the next guy can do that as well as he has? Doesn't he deserve the benefit of the doubt in terms of deciding what's best for the football program? I certainly think he has a more in depth knowledge of the proper roadmap than the blowhard fans and media.

Kind of reminds me of Tubby Smith at Minnesota. He lifted that program up from the depths of the B10 and got them into the tournament annually. That's pretty damn good if you are Minnesota. Well towards the end they were saying they expected championships and someone that could 'coach' past the first round and they also brought in PItino as a better recruiter who might land the player that ended up going to Duke or Kentucky (I forget which). Give me a fucking break people you are Minnesota Gophers. Also, I bet if Pitino ever gets that program rolling at a high level he leaves for a better gig.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-01-11, 11:04

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Yeah steve, was thinking about that, too. The gloom and doom portion of our fanbase is so entitled and unrealistic. We've had some success - really good success - National success. But that does not mean we are a big boy program or will ever be one. We have numerous built in disadvantages from economics to geographical to institutional/educational etc. No need to list them all out, most people know what they are. Dantonio has found a way to minimize all of those disadvantages and compete. What are the odds that the next guy can do that as well as he has? Doesn't he deserve the benefit of the doubt in terms of deciding what's best for the football program? I certainly think he has a more in depth knowledge of the proper roadmap than the blowhard fans and media.

This one's huge. You can make the argument it's the biggest. Someone mentioned it earlier. Dantonio has a $500k Rolodex for assistants, Not a $1.2 million dollar Rolodex. MSU can't afford a $1.2 million dollar mistake. Bang for buck he's far ahead of anything that hype machine down the road is doing. It's just really hard to get over what this year could have been with a team that put 24pts on the board in their losses. Win @ ASU, win @ NB, win vs SCum, and maybe flips the OSU game
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-01-11, 11:25

steveschneider wrote:
Kind of reminds me of Tubby Smith at Minnesota. He lifted that program up from the depths of the B10 and got them into the tournament annually. That's pretty damn good if you are Minnesota. Well towards the end they were saying they expected championships and someone that could 'coach' past the first round and they also brought in PItino as a better recruiter who might land the player that ended up going to Duke or Kentucky (I forget which). Give me a fucking break people you are Minnesota Gophers. Also, I bet if Pitino ever gets that program rolling at a high level he leaves for a better gig.

I think this is a millennial TWIT thing too. Idiot dbags never knew MSU as mediocre. Idiot puppy dBags don't KNOW MSU would be Minnesota if Dantonio left.
Proof... Fucking Saban could barely compete here... why the hell ANYONE thinks MSU is better off without any decision Dantonio makes is ludicrous. In fact, I may start a flame thread on tRCMB stating such....(probably wont hang around to see the carnage.)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-11, 11:43

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I think this is a millennial TWIT thing too. Idiot dbags never knew MSU as mediocre. Idiot puppy dBags don't KNOW MSU would be Minnesota if Dantonio left.
Proof... Fucking Saban could barely compete here... why the hell ANYONE thinks MSU is better off without any decision Dantonio makes is ludicrous.  In fact, I may start a flame thread on tRCMB stating such....(probably wont hang around to see the carnage.)

Yeah, also everyone thought change was necessary to take the program to the next level after Bobby Williams. I remember when JLS rolled into town with his quote about how his big plan was to put more points up on the board than the other team. At the time I was like wow this guy gets it. Before the Dantonio hire I forget who said it, I think it may have been Drew Sharp but he talked about the old days teams feared going to Spartan Stadium because the teams would pound the hell out of you. He argued MSU needed to embrace that identity and get back to it. Also, let's not forget the old 'Same Old Spartan' nightmare games against UofM and ND.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-01-11, 11:44

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Is it really that difficult to grasp that hiring a coach from the best program in the country is going to be viewed in a more positive light than swapping coaches around after a 7-6 season? Pass the liquor, or the green koolaid that’s spiked, shit.
Well, let's see, the last time they hired an offensive coordinator from that same best program in the country, what happened? The dude was last seen celebrating like he'd won a Natty because his UM offense had scored a touchdown against MSU...late in the game of an MSU blowout, after not having scored a TD against us at all for the previous couple of years.

And then there was the time that they hired the HEAD coach of a Top 3 team, and he promptly took UM to unthinkable lows in glorious fashion.

So it is difficult to think that logical people with any concept of the past would not be so quick to jump on the hype train. But then we aren't dealing with logical people with any concept of the past when it comes to UM fans and the Detroit media.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-01-11, 11:46

kingstonlake wrote:

This one's huge. You can make the argument it's the biggest. Someone mentioned it earlier. Dantonio has a $500k Rolodex for assistants, Not a $1.2 million dollar Rolodex. MSU can't afford a $1.2 million dollar mistake. Bang for buck he's far ahead of anything that hype machine down the road is doing. It's just really hard to get over what this year could have been with a team that put 24pts on the board in their losses. Win @ ASU, win @ NB, win vs SCum, and maybe flips the OSU game

It's kind of depressing that we had a $900 thousand bag of cash to keep Narduzzi (number I remember, maybe it was more) but we don't have or are unwilling to spend that cash to hire an offensive guru.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-01-11, 11:48

steveschneider wrote:

And for that matter, like Minnesota did with Glen Mason in football. And what Nebraska football did with Frank Solich...then again with Bo Pelini. And, as has been mentioned, Michigan with Lloyd.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-01-11, 11:49

ary to take the program to the next level after Bobby Williams. I remember when JLS rolled into town with his quote about how his big plan was to put more points up on the board than the other team. At the time I was like wow this guy gets it. Before the Dantonio hire I forget who said it, I think it may have been Drew Sharp but he talked about the old days teams feared going to Spartan Stadium because the teams would pound the hell out of you. He argued MSU needed to embrace that identity and get back to it. Also, let's not forget the old 'Same Old Spartan' nightmare games against UofM and ND

Gives them ANOTHER summer of September front runner status.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-01-11, 11:50

Related. Somewhat. Coach D presser at 5:45 today - Page 5 502811600

[tw]1083766853044862976[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-01-11, 11:52

Wow. Now that is interesting.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-01-11, 11:54

I just can't believe that people are jumping on the "some teams celebrate 7-6" quote, including some of you on this board last night. Who reads half a quote, with no context, let alone the rest of the quote, and starts bashing a guy over it? Idiots, that's who.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2019-01-11, 12:01

Floyd Robertson wrote:Related. Somewhat. Coach D presser at 5:45 today - Page 5 502811600

The Miami fans are probably happy they got someone with an Alabama pedigree - MSU fans would have revolted had CoachD hire him. Perceptions.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-11, 12:04

Funny though, after losing the championship game looks like Alabama is cleaning house. They operate on a completely different level. Whatever seeing their side line during that championship game it's crazy how many coaches those programs have. They have coordinators, co-cordinators and co-co-coordinators and so on.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-01-11, 12:09

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Wow. Now that is interesting.

Coach D presser at 5:45 today - Page 5 Miami10

VS

Coach D presser at 5:45 today - Page 5 Tuscal10

kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-01-11, 13:37

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Is it really that difficult to grasp that hiring a coach from the best program in the country is going to be viewed in a more positive light than swapping coaches around after a 7-6 season? Pass the liquor, or the Big Blue koolaid that’s spiked, shit.

Nope and FIFY. Slurp it up Wolvies. Happens every year and it is awesome.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-01-11, 13:38

LooseGoose wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Related. Somewhat. Coach D presser at 5:45 today - Page 5 502811600

The Miami fans are probably happy they got someone with an Alabama pedigree - MSU fans would have revolted had CoachD hire him. Perceptions.

I think MSU fans would of embraced it. But there is obviously something there between Enos and Dantonio. Whatever, he's been a vagabond coach and Miami is a mess. GL.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-01-11, 13:40

Is Mike Tressel gonna be Dantonio's successor when the time comes? I would be okay with that, he's done well with the D.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next