Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coach D presser at 5:45 today

+21
aualum06
SawGreen
duffy munn
Travis of the Cosmos
CORNER BLITZ
MiamiSpartan
Tim Wakefield
kingstonlake
WhiteBoyHatcher
tGreenWay
Jethro Bodeen
Nordic
Watch Out Pylon!
Other Teams Pursuing That
I.B. Fine
NigelUno
steveschneider
Floyd Robertson
TheReal_LWS
DWags
Death Roe
25 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Coach D presser at 5:45 today - Page 3 Empty Re: Coach D presser at 5:45 today

Post by I.B. Fine 10/01/19, 06:00 pm

steveschneider wrote: My .02 do something .

I like the way you think, Steve.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 10/01/19, 06:01 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

I think that angle has been a bit overplayed. Sure his program has produced fine people. But lets not lose site of the fact it produced some pretty high profile horrible ones as well. Family is all well and good and it gets preached alot. But that family has proved dysfunctional in more than one season. I know I'll catch hell for this but its true. Loyalty has produced casualties.
That's why I said that it has contributed to our down years, right? But, as I also said, we've had more highs than lows.

Sure if you're equating it to wins and losses. My point is that it goes deeper than that and the loyalty/family angle can't just be used as a positive when promoting past success. College football a business now. Results oriented. You can excuse a bump or two in the road but we're seeing a trend. I honestly feel he should show that loyalty has limits. Sending Warner, Staten, or Bollmen packing would send a more highly motivating message IMHO than telling them all to rotate one office to the left.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/01/19, 06:04 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Examples?

I think someone posted a statistic about our offensive ranks this past year. Do you need more examples?

Yes, I'd like examples of our recruits having smoke blown up their asses. The statistics on our offensive rank wouldn't even be close to that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/01/19, 06:06 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

LOL....ok CaptainStupidFuck.

You sound smart.

lol, you say that as you recycle and parrot shit from 15+ years ago on tRCMB. Self awareness isn't one of your strengths though, not that you have too many to keep track of.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/01/19, 06:11 pm

kingstonlake wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:
That's why I said that it has contributed to our down years, right?  But, as I also said, we've had more highs than lows.  

Sure if you're equating it to wins and losses.  My point is that it goes deeper than that and the loyalty/family angle can't just be used as a positive when promoting past success.  College football a business now.  Results oriented.  You can excuse a bump or two in the road but we're seeing a trend.  I honestly feel he should show that loyalty has limits.  Sending Warner, Staten, or Bollmen packing would send a more highly motivating message IMHO than telling them all to rotate one office to the left.

There are differing styles of management.  

Some freefire people to instill fear into the remaining people and supposedly inspire them to do better.   Sometimes it works and sometimes it just motivates them to polish their resumes.

Others feel that having to fire someone is an admission of failure to nurture that person into someone capable of handling their job at a high level.  They seek ways to help them or switch them into a job they're better suited for.

In the long run I think nurture and support work better.

PS - Edited for clarity.

Last edited by LooseGoose on 10/01/19, 06:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 10/01/19, 06:12 pm

kingstonlake wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:
That's why I said that it has contributed to our down years, right? But, as I also said, we've had more highs than lows.

Sure if you're equating it to wins and losses. My point is that it goes deeper than that and the loyalty/family angle can't just be used as a positive when promoting past success. College football a business now. Results oriented. You can excuse a bump or two in the road but we're seeing a trend. I honestly feel he should show that loyalty has limits. Sending Warner, Staten, or Bollmen packing would send a more highly motivating message IMHO than telling them all to rotate one office to the left.
You say it goes deeper than wins and losses, and then you say that college football is a results-oriented business now. Those results being, of course, wins and losses. So which is it?

What trend are we seeing exactly? 4 10+ wins in the last 6 seasons? 6 in the last 9 seasons? A 10 win season followed by virtually the exact same team/staff returning...the only difference being that one side of the ball was hit with an exceptionally rare rash of injuries, resulting in 7 wins? Is that really a downward trend under the circumstances?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 10/01/19, 06:13 pm

lol enough with the vitriol, can you two get a room? (Pylon and Goose)

Team needs to win 10 games next year and/or the Offense needs to finish in the Top 50 in the country or Fire Dantonio I guess. Fair? That seems to be the sentiment from our awesome fanbase. So be it. Let's see what happens.

Last edited by WhiteBoyHatcher on 10/01/19, 06:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 10/01/19, 06:13 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

You sound smart.

lol, you say that as you recycle and parrot shit from 15+ years ago on tRCMB.  Self awareness isn't one of your strengths though, not that you have too many to keep track of.

I'm sorry you're easily offended. Must be a generational thing.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 10/01/19, 06:23 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

You say it goes deeper than wins and losses, and then you say that college football is a results-oriented business now. Those results being, of course, wins and losses. So which is it?

What trend are we seeing exactly? 4 10+ wins in the last 6 seasons? 6 in the last 9 seasons? A 10 win season followed by virtually the exact same team/staff returning...the only difference being that one side of the ball was hit with an exceptionally rare rash of injuries, resulting in 7 wins? Is that really a downward trend under the circumstances?

You can run a business with results and loyalty. Just not blind loyalty.

The downward trend is 20-18 in the last three years vs 36-5 the previous three.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 10/01/19, 06:25 pm

How’s the presser? I hear he’s blaming the players?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 10/01/19, 06:27 pm

Here you go, guys. It's fully on Dantonio's shoulders. Come after him, he's a man, he's 40.

[tw]1083504440391450624[/tw]
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 10/01/19, 06:29 pm

[tw]1083504900418555904[/tw]

Coach D presser at 5:45 today - Page 3 1966794946 He said that??
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 10/01/19, 06:32 pm

Sigh......
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/01/19, 06:34 pm

The Entitled ones are so disappointed in CoachD, if only he had their intelligence.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 10/01/19, 06:37 pm

Why does everyone say not a natty? Championship starts 1 year sooner and we have one.

Far fetched, sure because a lot still has to do with your name/brand, but not out of the question.
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 10/01/19, 06:38 pm

LooseGoose wrote:The Entitled ones are so disappointed in CoachD, if only he had their intelligence.

He's justifying a 7-6 season. You're fucking right I'm disappointed.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 10/01/19, 06:41 pm

kingstonlake wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

You can run a business with results and loyalty. Just not blind loyalty.

Blind loyalty? Again, Ted Gill and Dan Roushar? Demoting Warner today? Loyal, yes. Blindly loyal, obviously not.

Why the last 3 years? Dude, you're like a politician picking a timeline that tells the story you want to tell. What about 17-9 the last 2 years versus 15-11 the previous 2 years? That shows we're on upward trend!
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/01/19, 06:44 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:The Entitled ones are so disappointed in CoachD, if only he had their intelligence.

He's justifying a 7-6 season. You're fucking right I'm disappointed.

lol, the reasons behind that record have been explained many times. I know you choose to ignore those so you can quiver, shake and be outraged but even with your
Coach D presser at 5:45 today - Page 3 Ffb
at the helm I doubt the team would have overcome the loss of most of it's offense.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 10/01/19, 06:45 pm

CORNER BLITZ wrote:Why does everyone say not a natty? Championship starts 1 year sooner and we have one.

Far fetched, sure because a lot still has to do with your name/brand, but not out of the question.

I don't know, the RoseBowl year I thought that team had a good shot but the world of CFB has changed so much even since then. Programs are dropping ridiculous cash on coaches and recruiting. You look at the sideline of Alabama and Clemson and there's like 50 goddamn coaches coaching. It's crazy.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/01/19, 06:55 pm

steveschneider wrote:Also, why mess with the receivers? Seems like Terrence Samuels has done pretty good.

Do you recall all the separation they got? I don't.

I don't see anything in 24/7's story about what happened to Samuels. Perhaps he's going to assume more recruiting duties? Taking over some of the former Blackwell role?

I see getting Treadwell back directly involved in the offense as a good thing.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 10/01/19, 06:57 pm

Samuel to coach DBs with Haynes. Apparently that's his background.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 10/01/19, 07:11 pm

Oregon scores 7 points - coach d

And we scored 6! Maybe he should retire what a mind blowing comment
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 10/01/19, 07:12 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

You can run a business with results and loyalty.  Just not blind loyalty.

Blind loyalty?  Again, Ted Gill and Dan Roushar?  Demoting Warner today?  Loyal, yes.  Blindly loyal, obviously not.

Why the last 3 years?  Dude, you're like a politician picking a timeline that tells the story you want to tell.  What about 17-9 the last 2 years versus 15-11 the previous 2 years?  That shows we're on upward trend!  

I didn't cite 3 years, I cited 6.  Anyone would say six years is a fair time frame to evaluate a coach and staff.  Full credit for 35-6, full accountability for 20-18.  Nobody was fired for the offense trending in the lower half of college football for the last three years.  You think that shit flies at any school aspiring to be anything more than a Capital one bowl invite?  If you're happy with the moves thats fine, no big deal.  I think he is to loyal.  Warner and Bollman should have been fired, not told to get new employee ID's.  How many games are they gonna win next year?  7?  Maybe 8?  I hope Tread, Salem or whomever is a great move.  I hope they average 35 a game. It doesn't change that Bollman and Warner should be gone.

Last edited by kingstonlake on 10/01/19, 07:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 10/01/19, 07:14 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:lol enough with the vitriol, can you two get a room? (Pylon and Goose)

Team needs to win 10 games next year and/or the Offense needs to finish in the Top 50 in the country or Fire Dantonio I guess. Fair? That seems to be the sentiment from our awesome fanbase. So be it. Let's see what happens.

Yep. What’s our choice? He’s made asses of pundits and prime time programs before, I wouldn’t bury him yet.

However, the guy just pushed all his chips in. I mean every fucking one. This goes 6-6 or 7-5 he takes a huge kick to those giant balls he has. And this mother fucker had balls. He’s pushed his legacy, his statue, his reputation, fucking everything into the middle of the table. You gamblers fret over a 500 dollar play, this guy is betting on himself and has put it on the line.

The mans amazing. From little giants to mousetrap to hey diddle diddle to miracles at Michigan to cousins bomb to the Baylor come back. He has a shit ton of magic bullets. If he goes all in and I’m at the table I’d probably fold and he’d probably rub his balls on my head as I’m leaving.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 10/01/19, 07:29 pm

DWags wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:lol enough with the vitriol, can you two get a room? (Pylon and Goose)

Yep. What’s our choice?  He’s made asses of pundits and prime time programs before, I wouldn’t bury him yet.

However, the guy just pushed all his chips in. I mean every fucking one. This goes 6-6 or 7-5 he takes a huge kick to those giant balls he has.  And this mother fucker had balls. He’s pushed his legacy, his statue, his reputation, fucking everything into the middle of the table. You gamblers fret over a 500 dollar play, this guy is betting on himself and has put it on the line.

The mans amazing. From little giants to mousetrap to hey diddle diddle to miracles at Michigan to cousins bomb to the Baylor come back.  He has a shit ton of magic bullets. If he goes all in and I’m at the table I’d probably fold and he’d probably rub his balls on my head as I’m leaving.
This is weird dwags
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 10/01/19, 07:36 pm

Sorry, I'm trying to ignore him but it's hard sometimes.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 10/01/19, 07:48 pm

I’d like to see d wags rub Dantonio’s balls on his head.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 10/01/19, 07:52 pm

It was a good run, y’all. At least izzo has the ship righted. Just like pre Dantonio - basketball school.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/01/19, 07:56 pm

At times like this I see some of our fans sounding very much like scUM fans as they pushed to get "Backward Lloyd" out.

LLoyd at scUM 122-40 over 14 years. 1 Shared national title. 2 outright, 3 shared B1GTen titles.
Coach D at MSU 107-51 over 12 years. 3 Conf titles, 3 Division titles. Rose & Cotton bowl wins.

So even pretty similar records, and CoachD's was achieved with many fewer built in advantages. $$, Recruiting, Press coverage, etc.

In the 11 years since Lloyd's ouster and on the 3rd savior of the program at scUM: 84-55 - I'll bet those fans demanding LLoyd's head are damned glad they weren't on "teammediocrity"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/01/19, 07:57 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:It was a good run, y’all. At least izzo has the ship righted. Just like pre Dantonio - basketball school.

Still busy looking up those examples? Or were you just blowing smoke up everyone's ass?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 10/01/19, 08:07 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:It was a good run, y’all. At least izzo has the ship righted. Just like pre Dantonio - basketball school.

Still busy looking up those examples? Or were you just blowing smoke up everyone's ass?

Nah, I’m taking the drive by approach, post something and disappear from the thread. Sound familiar?

Any offensive player we’ve had, wasn’t probably told about how we planned on scoring 6-14 points all year - and accept it. Should be great for the kids’ NFL chances.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 10/01/19, 08:12 pm

MSU should just make a bronze statue of a wheel barrow with the indentation from two massive balls left in the bottom of the barrel.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 10/01/19, 08:14 pm

LooseGoose wrote:At times like this I see some of our fans sounding very much like scUM fans as they pushed to get "Backward Lloyd" out.

LLoyd at scUM 122-40 over 14 years.   1 Shared national title. 2 outright, 3 shared B1GTen titles.
Coach D at MSU 107-51 over 12 years.  3 Conf titles, 3 Division titles.  Rose & Cotton bowl wins.

So even pretty similar records, and CoachD's was achieved with many fewer built in advantages.   $$, Recruiting, Press coverage, etc.

In the 11 years since Lloyd's ouster and on the 3rd savior of the program at scUM:  84-55 -  I'll bet those fans demanding LLoyd's head are damned glad they weren't on "teammediocrity"

Who in this thread said Dantonio needs to go?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 10/01/19, 08:20 pm

DWags wrote:

He’s pushed his legacy, his statue, his reputation, fucking everything into the middle of the table.

Only to the idiots in our fanbase Wags. And apparently there's a lot of them.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 10/01/19, 08:24 pm

tGreenWay wrote:One other thing: Warner wont stick around long. When you’re demoted like that, it’s an awkward situation being a position coach after being in charge of the entire O. And if he doesn’t leave for another job, it confirms Dantonio has assistants who have grown too comfortable.

Agree. My first thought on coaching changes was move Warner back to QB coach. But I never thought they would actually do it. Talk about awkward.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/01/19, 08:27 pm

kingstonlake wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:At times like this I see some of our fans sounding very much like scUM fans as they pushed to get "Backward Lloyd" out.

LLoyd at scUM 122-40 over 14 years.   1 Shared national title. 2 outright, 3 shared B1GTen titles.
Coach D at MSU 107-51 over 12 years.  3 Conf titles, 3 Division titles.  Rose & Cotton bowl wins.

So even pretty similar records, and CoachD's was achieved with many fewer built in advantages.   $$, Recruiting, Press coverage, etc.

In the 11 years since Lloyd's ouster and on the 3rd savior of the program at scUM:  84-55 -  I'll bet those fans demanding LLoyd's head are damned glad they weren't on "teammediocrity"

What other conclusion would you draw based on the anger that he hasn't guillotined half his staff and brought in some outsiders to show him how to run an offense?

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 10/01/19, 08:31 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
DWags wrote:

He’s pushed his legacy, his statue, his reputation, fucking everything into the middle of the table.

Only to the idiots in our fanbase Wags. And apparently there's a lot of them.

You’re not old enough to remember the dump Duffy bumper stickers. Dantonio is. This was a ballsy move frankly. “Idiots in a fan base” will always out number everyone else. By a lot. Dantonio could have done safer things. It’s not his style.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 10/01/19, 08:33 pm

DWags wrote:

Yep. What’s our choice? He’s made asses of pundits and prime time programs before, I wouldn’t bury him yet.

However, the guy just pushed all his chips in. I mean every fucking one. This goes 6-6 or 7-5 he takes a huge kick to those giant balls he has. And this mother fucker had balls. He’s pushed his legacy, his statue, his reputation, fucking everything into the middle of the table. You gamblers fret over a 500 dollar play, this guy is betting on himself and has put it on the line.

The mans amazing. From little giants to mousetrap to hey diddle diddle to miracles at Michigan to cousins bomb to the Baylor come back. He has a shit ton of magic bullets. If he goes all in and I’m at the table I’d probably fold and he’d probably rub his balls on my head as I’m leaving.

If this goes 6-6 or 7-5, I can already hear the explanation that the new OC needs time to develop.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/01/19, 08:33 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Any offensive player we’ve had, wasn’t probably told about how we planned on scoring 6-14 points all year - and accept it. Should be great for the kids’ NFL chances.

So the offense was stocked with NFL talent and sucked? Put your Mike Mayock cap on and tell which player is projected into what round? I'll give you Felton for late 1st/early second before the Achilles....who would be the next player drafted? LJ? Maybe in the 4th or 5th? And we didn't have him for most of the year? Lewerke? 6th or later or undrafted. And those 3 were all - injured.

Now you take it from there.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 10/01/19, 08:33 pm

kingstonlake wrote:

I’m not sure anyone, Kingston.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next