Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

They found that girl from Wisc. alive

+9
The Pantry
I.B. Fine
Travis of the Cosmos
Cameron
Watch Out Pylon!
NigelUno
DWags
Robert J Sakimano
kingstonlake
13 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

They found that girl from Wisc. alive - Page 3 Empty Re: They found that girl from Wisc. alive

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon 14 Jan 2019 - 22:25

The Pantry wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Dude, you dodge direct questions ALL THE TIME. Calm down hypocrite .
They found that girl from Wisc. alive - Page 3 502811600 This, from one of the biggest hypocrites here.  

Gonna ban some posters, take your ball home again and disappear for months? They found that girl from Wisc. alive - Page 3 502811600

Keep lashing out in anger. It's your only defense mechanism.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

They found that girl from Wisc. alive - Page 3 Empty Re: They found that girl from Wisc. alive

Post by y2kMgrad Mon 14 Jan 2019 - 22:35

She sounds like a truly amazing young girl. She certainly has a long road ahead of her after witnessing this psycho kill her parents and then torturing her for 3 months but it sounds like she kept her cool until she had a chance to escape. She's safe now and that's all that matters. Not the fact that this psycho murdered her parents with a SHOTGUN or that those who saved her grabbed their GUNS to protect her when she finally escaped. Those facts, though true, are completely unimportant. The strength of Jayme Closs is the real story here.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Mon 14 Jan 2019 - 22:52

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
The Pantry wrote:
They found that girl from Wisc. alive - Page 3 502811600 This, from one of the biggest hypocrites here.  

Gonna ban some posters, take your ball home again and disappear for months? They found that girl from Wisc. alive - Page 3 502811600

Keep lashing out in anger. It's your only defense mechanism.
Anger? About what? Perhaps your just still pissed Hillary lost.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon 14 Jan 2019 - 23:09

It's sad when people view their world through the prism of politics and that God awful Two and a Half Men show.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Mon 14 Jan 2019 - 23:20

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:It's sad when people view their world through the prism of politics.
It's what you and your ilk seem to do everyday.  Scan the "news" articles posted on Yahoo from various lib reporting sources and tell me I'm wrong.  You'll probably see them as normal.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon 14 Jan 2019 - 23:28

When does the civil war start?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Mon 14 Jan 2019 - 23:39

Like I said, this is why we can't have nice things.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon 14 Jan 2019 - 23:41

It's easier to fool a man than it is to convince him he's been fooled.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon 14 Jan 2019 - 23:42

Cameron wrote:Like I said, this is why we can't have nice things.

Never give up hope sir!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon 14 Jan 2019 - 23:43

I have some nice things Cameron.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Mon 14 Jan 2019 - 23:45

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

I have some nice things Cameron.

I'm happy for you.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 15 Jan 2019 - 3:08

LooseGoose wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

The headline for the story was literally about something that didn't happen. Not that she was found, not how she was found, not her condition, not how she escaped, not how she felt. It was about guns man. GUNS. This young girl found her way to freedom. Found a way out of her hell on her own. And the thing fox wanted to use to draw attention to the story was sensationalizing the potential of a gun battle that never happened. Honestly I would never have noticed is Goose hadn't highlighted it and dropped the headline on us lol. But I'm glad we know the Patriot had a gun. I'd say maybe we need to work on finding a way assholes like him don't get to own them, but I'm more interested in her story to be honest.

Specifically what part of the two headlines I posted didn't happen??

Jayme Closs suspect wasn’t home when she escaped, ‘appeared to be out looking for her,’ authorities say as details of kidnapping emerge

Neighbor who came to Jayme Closs' aid: 'We were armed and ready' for suspect to come looking

The suspect wasn't home - True.
She escaped - True.
He was out looking for her - True.
Details were emerging - True.
Neighbor came to her aid - True.
Neighbors were armed and ready - True.

You're calling bullshit - please point it out??

It’s a great reason, besides sport hunting, why the second amendment is needed and a good thing.

We need common sense laws. But common sense and these threads usually are pretty far apart.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 15 Jan 2019 - 5:22

The Pantry wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: link to where I'm whining about words and threads becoming "political" please.

Oh - and because I'm genuinely pro-life, lets get rid of the 2nd. Thanks, man.
Sorry, Bob. Wasn't targeting (maybe a poor choice of word) you specifically.

My point is politics are not what they use to be. Instead of civilized discourse and promotion of ideological philosophies it's turned mostly into a cage match of who can dig up the most dirt on their opponent(s). The shitshow has been getting worse every election for over 40 years. Deny if you want, but IMO the media is very heavily slanted to the Dems, just like most big money celebrities. Lot of money and a lot of influence over the public.

Except in the case of rape, I'm pro-life too. I have four kids and wouldn't hesitate to pick up a gun to defend them.
thanks man.

You can think the media is "liberal" and I can think that republicans are racist, bigoted misogynists and have no value for human life.

See - isn't it cool to agree to disagree and not get all outraged over everything?

You're a great American.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue 15 Jan 2019 - 7:59

LooseGoose wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:They found that girl from Wisc. alive - Page 3 1966794946 They found that girl from Wisc. alive - Page 3 1966794946

Enjoy your Target card from the homeless ya little twit.

I still don't understand this post. I guess I never will. :(
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue 15 Jan 2019 - 8:08

The funny thing is the articles headline wasn't the thing that was curious to me. It was the fact it was Gooses first post in the thread three days after it was started. I mean of all the articles to dig out on the event.... It struck me as a "See, this is why we need to need guns...." boner.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 15 Jan 2019 - 8:14

kingstonlake wrote:The funny thing is the articles headline wasn't the thing that was curious to me. It was the fact it was Gooses first post in the thread three days after it was started. I mean of all the articles to dig out on the event.... It struck me as a "See, this is why we need to need guns...." boner.
thankful that I don't live in a state of paranoia, anger and panic where I have to have guns to protect myself.

folks, obviously, can do what they want, but that's not the life I want to live in.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue 15 Jan 2019 - 9:07

kingstonlake wrote:The funny thing is the articles headline wasn't the thing that was curious to me. It was the fact it was Gooses first post in the thread three days after it was started. I mean of all the articles to dig out on the event.... It struck me as a "See, this is why we need to need guns...." boner.
“Struck you as?” Of course it was Kingston. This whole thread full of “who me? I just posted an innocent article I would never have intended that it lines up exactly with the politics I’ve been arguing for years! Oh my word sir you have insulted me and my honor. I say good day to you.” Is just silly. There’s no reason at all not to just own it. Probably why the guy just uses links to do his talking for him instead of trying to make his own arguments, he’s not very good at it.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue 15 Jan 2019 - 9:29

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
“Struck you as?” Of course it was Kingston. This whole thread full of “who me? I just posted an innocent article I would never have intended that it lines up exactly with the politics I’ve been arguing for years! Oh my word sir you have insulted me and my honor. I say good day to you.” Is just silly. There’s no reason at all not to just own it. Probably why the guy just uses links to do his talking for him instead of trying to make his own arguments, he’s not very good at it.

Love my boy Goose. But I was like c'mon dude. If the quote was buried in an articlr, ok. But to post an article with that headline of the 1000's available three days after the news broke....ok fine but don't expect that it's not a tad transparent. Which again, fine. Make your point, we can debate it, make fun of it both ways, etc. The only part of the article he made a point to copy and past was the same thing the headline was. Ok my man. You'll never see me leave a sports board over politics though. Don't get that.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue 15 Jan 2019 - 9:30

He also can't admit what he did because he whines about the mods having double standards regarding other people bringing up political topics in this forum.

He tried to make it about guns. No one really wanted to fight about guns, or argue about guns, or have any debate about guns. It didn't turn into some big political argument. Maybe that's why he's mad.

People just called out him out for trying to make it about guns...which he obviously did.

So, he's leaving the board (again)...not because of some big political argument, not because of some ideological differences, not because people are attacking his view on guns (in this instance)...but, because people dared to call out his bullshit.

That he continued to deny it, was comical.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 15 Jan 2019 - 9:35

Goose is approaching LWS I’m leaving the board numbers. Easily offended Pussy minded lib snowflakes are the worst......They found that girl from Wisc. alive - Page 3 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue 15 Jan 2019 - 9:41

As a gesture of goodwill I tried upvoting everyone in this thread. I then found out I can only vote ten times in a day. Oh well. Enjoy your upvotes, you first ten posters.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue 15 Jan 2019 - 9:43

Well, that wasn't nice. :(

Edit: Thank you random upvoter Travis for evening me out. :)

Last edited by Watch Out Pylon! on Tue 15 Jan 2019 - 9:44; edited 2 times in total
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue 15 Jan 2019 - 9:44

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Well, that wasn't nice. :(
I upvoted you pylon :)
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue 15 Jan 2019 - 9:54

Ok, I'm really dumb. The upper circle wasn't a scroll or zoom and the lower cricle wasn't up/down vote?

Someone help...

They found that girl from Wisc. alive - Page 3 Picsar15
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue 15 Jan 2019 - 10:09

The top one is upvote Kingston :)
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue 15 Jan 2019 - 10:16

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:The top one is upvote Kingston :)

What are the arrows on the bottom?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue 15 Jan 2019 - 10:17

kingstonlake wrote:

Don't hit that button unless you're super angry. It resets the board.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 15 Jan 2019 - 10:27

if I'm ever abducted and they find me alive, can y'all make sure that this is played at my press conference?

thanks.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue 15 Jan 2019 - 10:34

kingstonlake wrote:

Just takes you to the top or the bottom of the page. I’ve never really used them. I use the upvotes a loooooot though
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Tue 15 Jan 2019 - 12:15

Upvotes/downvotes are for nancies like you find littering tRCMB. You like something, say it. You don't like something, say that. Or don't say anything.

Having said that, I don't like what 90% of this thread is. A bunch of people turning a story about a remarkable girl dealing with a horrifying situation, into a sissy slap fight over politics. Pathetic.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 15 Jan 2019 - 12:47

MiamiSpartan wrote:Upvotes/downvotes are for nancies like you find littering tRCMB. You like something, say it. You don't like something, say that. Or don't say anything.

Having said that, I don't like what 90% of this thread is. A bunch of people turning a story about a remarkable girl dealing with a horrifying situation, into a sissy slap fight over politics. Pathetic.
I'm glad she's alive and well.

and guns are bad.

(you can think both of these things..)..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Tue 15 Jan 2019 - 13:03

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:Upvotes/downvotes are for nancies like you find littering tRCMB. You like something, say it. You don't like something, say that. Or don't say anything.

I'm glad she's alive and well.

and guns are bad.

Yes, and you can also think she's alive and well, and think that guns are good. Or a host of millions of other opinions about various things. Congrats on realizing that two completely different and unrelated viewpoints are not mutually exclusive. Which only serves to highlight how sad it is that the thread devolved to what it did.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 15 Jan 2019 - 13:06

I just hope goose finds peace (again).
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 15 Jan 2019 - 13:31

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I'm glad she's alive and well.

and guns are bad.

Yes, and you can also think she's alive and well, and think that guns are good.  Or a host of millions of other opinions about various things.  Congrats on realizing that two completely different and unrelated viewpoints are not mutually exclusive.  Which only serves to highlight how sad it is that the thread devolved to what it did.
I'm not real smart.. and I don't make the rules... it's a thread about a young lady surviving what must've been absolutely horrifying. And then someone posted about guns.. equally as horrifying, in my estimation.

then I posted about republicans being racist bigots.. and misogynists... other people said guns are great.. that the media is bad. some people whined..  They found that girl from Wisc. alive - Page 3 2599972566

I'm just glad to be here. They found that girl from Wisc. alive - Page 3 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue 15 Jan 2019 - 14:29

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I'm glad she's alive and well.

and guns are bad.

Yes, and you can also think she's alive and well, and think that guns are good. Or a host of millions of other opinions about various things. Congrats on realizing that two completely different and unrelated viewpoints are not mutually exclusive. Which only serves to highlight how sad it is that the thread devolved to what it did.

I've moved on..
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed 16 Jan 2019 - 16:16

Can we all get together and laugh at this headline at least?

Kidnap Suspect’s Lawyers: Confession Problematic for Defense
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed 16 Jan 2019 - 17:17

Only a problem if they're thinking of entering a plea of not guilty. I understand that they have an obligation to do what is in the best interest of their client, but that isn't automatically a not guilty plea.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Wed 16 Jan 2019 - 17:29

Cameron wrote:Only a problem if they're thinking of entering a plea of not guilty. I understand that they have an obligation to do what is in the best interest of their client, but that isn't automatically a not guilty plea.
I'm not a lawyer, but I've watched a lot of Law & Order, the only thing I think they can be angling for is a better deal at sentencing. Wisconsin does not have the death penalty, per se, but they can send him to general pop, like they did with Dahmer, and let the inmates deal with him.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed 16 Jan 2019 - 18:41

Cameron wrote:Only a problem if they're thinking of entering a plea of not guilty. I understand that they have an obligation to do what is in the best interest of their client, but that isn't automatically a not guilty plea.
I know I’m just trying to get you to giggle Cameron. Try to giggle. Have a little giggle.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 16 Jan 2019 - 18:47

I know I’m just trying to get you to giggle Cameron. Try to giggle. Have a little giggle.

It’s all fun and games to travis after he runs another poster off the board
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next