Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Animal skull found in my yard....WTF is this thing?

+16
Senior Dickfist
MSU addict
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
Jake from State Farm
WhiteBoyHatcher
Watch Out Pylon!
NigelUno
Floyd Robertson
TheReal_LWS
aualum06
DWags
Other Teams Pursuing That
Robert J Sakimano
I.B. Fine
MiamiSpartan
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Animal skull found in my yard....WTF is this thing? Empty Animal skull found in my yard....WTF is this thing?

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-02-01, 13:48

Found this in my yard this morning.  It was under a couple of palm trees, which have been known to have squirrel and bird nests in them.  We have a lot of iguanas, squirrels, and an occasional raccoon, oppossum, and snake around (in addition to small lizards and birds and things that are way too small to be this).  But some nearby highway construction that has wiped out some forested areas has probably scattered some other animals (the number of iguanas has greatly increased since the construction started, for example).  

Obviously, a lower jaw seems to be missing, and maybe upper jaw, too, as I don't really see anything that looks like they held teeth.  From googling, the only one of the animals I listed above that it at all resembles is a squirrel, but it doesn't have big eye sockets, and seemed too big for a squirrel (it's probably about 3 inches long....insert that's what she said type joke here).

Top (I think)
Animal skull found in my yard....WTF is this thing? Resize12

Bottom
Animal skull found in my yard....WTF is this thing? Resize13

Side
Animal skull found in my yard....WTF is this thing? Resize14

Back (while upside down)
Animal skull found in my yard....WTF is this thing? Resize15

Front (while rightside up)
Animal skull found in my yard....WTF is this thing? Resize16
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Animal skull found in my yard....WTF is this thing? Empty Re: Animal skull found in my yard....WTF is this thing?

Post by I.B. Fine 2019-02-01, 13:53

No idea, but if I was you, I'd move
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Animal skull found in my yard....WTF is this thing? Empty Re: Animal skull found in my yard....WTF is this thing?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-02-01, 13:54

I'm not an expert on barnyard animals but it's definitely pretty freaky.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-02-01, 13:54

Bro the skullfucking is Saturday
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-02-01, 13:55

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Bro the skullfucking is Saturday

Animal skull found in my yard....WTF is this thing? 1966794946

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2019-02-01, 13:56

Alligator dino
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-02-01, 13:57

Animal skull found in my yard....WTF is this thing? 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2019-02-01, 13:59

Some kind of lizard, likely part of the advance party of the lizard people, either that or a really weird coconut
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2019-02-01, 14:01

Tough to say without teeth and the lower jaw. But I am saying it is probably the missing link. Darwin was right!

I'm going to grab a beer.........
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-02-01, 14:02

Looks a bit like a predator to me.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-02-01, 14:06

Sleestak
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-02-01, 14:08

That's a baby predator bro. Watch out for mom.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-02-01, 14:12

BTW, how do you just fucking find a thing like that this morning? I mean, I assume every day you walk in the yard to the car. you're just noticing this now?

I only ask, because I believe we have to consider it was delivered there as a warning or a threat. Have you killed anybody lately? Have you disturbed any animals? WTF, things like that just don't show up for a reason.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-02-01, 14:15

DWags wrote:BTW, how do you just fucking find a thing like that this morning? I mean, I assume every day you walk in the yard to the car. you're just noticing this now?

I only ask, because I believe we have to consider it was delivered there as a warning or a threat. Have you killed anybody lately? Have you disturbed any animals? WTF, things like that just don't show up for a reason.

I bet InTensity did it.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-02-01, 14:17

maybe it's a....

Goose.

Animal skull found in my yard....WTF is this thing? Giphy

Talk to us, Goose!!
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2019-02-01, 14:23

Has anyone's wife gone missing recently?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2019-02-01, 14:33

Jake from State Farm wrote:Has anyone's wife gone missing recently?

Let me go check the kitchen
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-02-01, 14:41

Floyd Robertson wrote:Looks a bit like a predator to me.

This
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-02-01, 14:51

Definitely a C.H.U.D.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-02-01, 14:53

Animal skull found in my yard....WTF is this thing? 1486952199 Animal skull found in my yard....WTF is this thing? 1486952199 Animal skull found in my yard....WTF is this thing? 1486952199

Early favorite for POTY.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2019-02-01, 14:53

aualum06 wrote:
Jake from State Farm wrote:Has anyone's wife gone missing recently?

Let me go check the kitchen

Animal skull found in my yard....WTF is this thing? 502811600 You need to post in my misogyny thread.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2019-02-01, 15:19

I would guess that it is part of of a racoon skull. From the pictures, it had fur and good hearing. As LWS said, it is difficult without the jaw, but the auditory bullae seem to give it away. Dogs have similar but usually longer auditory bullae (google bottom view of a dog skull.

Bottom View

Animal skull found in my yard....WTF is this thing? Edu_ra10

Side View

Animal skull found in my yard....WTF is this thing? Edu_ra11

Top View

Animal skull found in my yard....WTF is this thing? Edu_ra12
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 2019-02-01, 15:22

tGreenWay wrote:Definitely a C.H.U.D.
A canabalistic humanoid underground dweller? Quite possibly.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-02-01, 15:24

You win the internets! Animal skull found in my yard....WTF is this thing? 502811600
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-02-01, 15:30

MSU addict wrote:I would guess that it is part of of a racoon skull. From the pictures, it had fur and good hearing. As LWS said, it is difficult without the jaw, but the auditory bullae seem to give it away. Dogs have similar but usually longer auditory bullae (google bottom view of a dog skull.

Bottom View

Side View

Top View

Wow, definitely a lot of similarities. When I was googling pictures, this morning, I dismissed a racoon because of the big teeth. I wasn't really thinking about how much might be missing. But the "Sagital Crest" looks a hell of a lot like it (more round and smooth than some pictures of squirrel's that I googled) and those auditory bullae really look like it, too.

Great find, addict!
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-02-01, 15:32

NigelUno wrote:Sleestak
Animal skull found in my yard....WTF is this thing? 48985910
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-02-01, 15:36

DWags wrote:BTW, how do you just fucking find a thing like that this morning? I mean, I assume every day you walk in the yard to the car. you're just noticing this now?

It was right under two palm trees that sometimes have nests of birds and squirrels, that Iguanas will hang out in, so it likely fell out of the tree. Probably died a long time ago to just have this left, and maybe finally fell out, or else had some scavenger animal picking it apart until this was left.

That or it's a message like you said. I have had issues with a couple of neighbors, but neither seem like the Santaria type. But that doesn't mean they couldn't hire a witch doctor to put a curse on my house.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-02-01, 15:42

MSU addict wrote:I would guess that it is part of of a racoon skull.  From the pictures, it had fur and good hearing.  As LWS said, it is difficult without the jaw, but the auditory bullae seem to give it away.  Dogs have similar but usually longer auditory bullae (google bottom view of a dog skull.  

Bottom View

Side View

Top View

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-02-01, 15:54

@Miami

Can you put a tape measure next to it to give a frame of reference for its size and post another pic?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-02-01, 16:01

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
MSU addict wrote:I would guess that it is part of of a racoon skull.  From the pictures, it had fur and good hearing.  As LWS said, it is difficult without the jaw, but the auditory bullae seem to give it away.  Dogs have similar but usually longer auditory bullae (google bottom view of a dog skull.  

Bottom View

Side View

Top View

LOL
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-02-01, 16:15

Senior Dickfist wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Definitely a C.H.U.D.
A canabalistic humanoid underground dweller? Quite possibly.

Yup. Addict don’t know shit.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-02-01, 16:21

The Pantry wrote:@Miami

Can you put a tape measure next to it to give a frame of reference for its size and post another pic?
I can't, the wife made me throw it away (today was trash pick up, so it's not even out in our garbage anymore). I told her that it could be a rare fossil find worth millions, but she didn't buy it and it was creeping her out even having it in the yard. But I'd say it was about 3 inches long and 2 inches wide.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2019-02-01, 17:26

MiamiSpartan wrote:

I can't, the wife made me throw it away (today was trash pick up, so it's not even out in our garbage anymore). I told her that it could be a rare fossil find worth millions, but she didn't buy it and it was creeping her out even having it in the yard. But I'd say it was about 3 inches long and 2 inches wide.

Be sure to let her answer the door when it's owner comes back looking for it.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2019-02-01, 17:29

MiamiSpartan wrote:

Last time I talked to her she was used to handling things that size
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-02-01, 17:30

aualum06 wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Last time I talked to her she was used to handling things that size

Animal skull found in my yard....WTF is this thing? 502811600 I knew something along those lines was coming.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2019-02-01, 18:50

Racoon would have been my guess.
I would be much more confident if you asked me this in 2008 when I took mammology at MSU
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2019-02-01, 18:55

2 years ago, I found a cat skull in my backyard. I was worried some animal dug up an old pet in my yard. There weren’t any holes. But it come out of no where. Very strange.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2019-02-01, 19:18

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

I bet InTensity did it.
Shots fired!
Hang out in your back yard as a warning to all the other animals that go there.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-02-01, 19:38

Dendrobates wrote:2 years ago, I found a cat skull in my backyard. I was worried some animal dug up an old pet in my yard. There weren’t any holes. But it come out of no where. Very strange.

We have one cat and a hamster in wooden boxes buried in the back yard. I did notice by the “cemetery “ the ground had sunk a bit so I know it’s collapsed. Also had moles a couple years ag so I don’t know what’s up. My cat of 19 years is cremated and hanging out in my bedroom by her picture and a plaque in my bedroom. She’s gonna join me in my grave cause she watched an MSU national championship with me and loved when the Spartans were on and would watch them with me all the time. The cat in my picture will prolly join us in my grave. He’s currently getting diabetes shots daily. Pissing on the rug by the sliding doors and nobody but family is invited to my house till he dies cause we do have a faint urine smell in the living room. Two pretty fucking cool cats. I’m not burying anymore. Cremation costs a couple hundred at my vets.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-02-01, 20:22

MiamiSpartan wrote:

What?!? That would’ve looked great on the bookcase in your office. Or a real conversation starter when you slice it in half horizontally and use it to hold delicious dips when entertaining guests.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next