Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Very Interesting Reading The Mag RE: 'Crootin'

+8
Herbie Green
tTito
Blanch32
GRR Spartan
Floyd Robertson
Rodeo Burger
SawGreen
Mentalstate
12 posters

Go down

Very Interesting Reading The Mag RE: 'Crootin' Empty Very Interesting Reading The Mag RE: 'Crootin'

Post by Mentalstate 2014-06-30, 22:16

It appears that the staff (not posters), there is:

Sick of Rivals.
Sick of how the star system works.
Under the belief that certain common acts by recruits mean one thing: looking for the highest bidder.

Keep in mind, these are guys who make their living based off that stuff.

Never read such honest, frank posts from them as I have in the last 2 months. Really refreshing to read actually reporting and insight from guys who have been at this a long time and helped make the reciting game the game it is.
Mentalstate
Mentalstate
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Very Interesting Reading The Mag RE: 'Crootin' Empty Re: Very Interesting Reading The Mag RE: 'Crootin'

Post by SawGreen 2014-06-30, 22:24

I just have an aversion to popping in a credit card for a "free trial".  But, I've been tempted many times.  Do they actually offer opinion?

Epic Beard Dan Kilbridge tried that once on tCock and was eviscerated.  I can get 2 paragraphs of facts within hours of "the scoop" on 247.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Very Interesting Reading The Mag RE: 'Crootin' Empty Re: Very Interesting Reading The Mag RE: 'Crootin'

Post by Rodeo Burger 2014-06-30, 22:30

SawGreen wrote:I just have an aversion to popping in a credit card for a "free trial".  But, I've been tempted many times.  Do they actually offer opinion?

Epic Beard Dan Kilbridge tried that once on tCock and was eviscerated.  I can get 2 paragraphs of facts within hours of "the scoop" on 247.

I was a member at Spartan Mag for years, and Comparoni does extensive break downs for each game. Too much for my tastes really, but he'll watch a ton of film and tell you what a team does, and what he thinks MSU will do to attack it. He's good in that regard, and he's very specific about it.

I just don't want to read a damn book before every game, and he tends to ramble on for 10,000 words.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentalstate 2014-06-30, 22:56

SawGreen wrote:I just have an aversion to popping in a credit card for a "free trial".  But, I've been tempted many times.  Do they actually offer opinion?

It's ten bucks a month, they come up with some pretty good stuff at least a few times a month.

I'm not into the 'crouton' much anymore, more interested in the current team and State of State. They have had to slowly rebuild their network after being directly wired into JLS with some great sources, and then evidently getting blackballed by Dantonio (not sure about the truth/extent of that).

Mentalstate
Mentalstate
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-07-01, 04:58

Rodeo Burger wrote:

I was a member at Spartan Mag for years, and Comparoni does extensive break downs for each game.  Too much for my tastes really, but he'll watch a ton of film and tell you what a team does, and what he thinks MSU will do to attack it.  He's good in that regard, and he's very specific about it.

I just don't want to read a damn book before every game, and he tends to ramble on for 10,000 words.

I used to subscribe to the Mag and the Spartan Plus emails. I remember printing out the Marshal breakdown for the game in 2000 (the game where Leftwich was was supposed to be superhuman and shoot fireballs out of his arse) and taking it with me to read a a tailgate. Damn thing was like 18 pages. I showed it to a Marshall fan who was up for the game and he said "this guy knows more about Marshall's tendencies than Marshall does".

Like you, it was too much for my tastes.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2014-07-01, 06:59

I was a subscriber when Spartan Mag was in print.

My favorite issues were the reviews of the football recruiting classes after 5 years. Some of the players with the biggest hype never pan out. Some never cracking the 2 deep even when they switch positions.

Comp knows his stuff but his insider knowledge isn't worth 3 bottles of Makers Mark every year.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2014-07-01, 07:40

I dropped comp when he went "I told you so" about bobby Williams when instead the previous episode he was all dwags on be s nuts
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-07-01, 08:15

Blanch32 wrote:I dropped comp when he went "I told you so" about bobby Williams when instead the previous episode he was all dwags on be s nuts

LOL Wut?
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2014-07-01, 08:47

Floyd Robertson wrote:

I used to subscribe to the Mag and the Spartan Plus emails. I remember printing out the Marshal breakdown for the game in 2000 (the game where Leftwich was was supposed to be superhuman and shoot fireballs out of his arse) and taking it with me to read a a tailgate. Damn thing was like 18 pages. I showed it to a Marshall fan who was up for the game and he said "this guy knows more about Marshall's tendencies than Marshall does".

Like you, it was too much for my tastes.

And that was only part 1 of 3.

...I too used to get the emails until I stopped reading them many years ago. I cant even read a Rocky post now. I stuck with the print edition until about a couple of years ago. I used to love that thing but got to the point where I didnt even open those. There are only so many 25 paragraph essays I could read about a 3rd string player making strides.

I still get a letter once a month begging me to come back. I feel a little bad about it because I should support anyone that spends that much time devoted to MSU sports. But the team seems to be doing just fine and I dont feel like I am missing much without this in depth analysis.

Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2014-07-01, 09:25

Herbie Green wrote:

And that was only part 1 of 3.

...I too used to get the emails until I stopped reading them many years ago. I cant even read a Rocky post now. I stuck with the print edition until about a couple of years ago. I used to love that thing but got to the point where I didnt even open those. There are only so many 25 paragraph essays I could read about a 3rd string player making strides.

I still get a letter once a month begging me to come back. I feel a little bad about it because I should support anyone that spends that much time devoted to MSU sports. But the team seems to be doing just fine and I dont feel like I am missing much without this in depth analysis.

You don't like reading about how every signee is going to be an all big ten performer?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2014-07-01, 09:29

SawGreen wrote:Epic Beard Dan Kilbridge tried that once on tCock and was eviscerated.  I can get 2 paragraphs of facts within hours of "the scoop" on 247.
That guy said that Dantonio was mishandling the QBs in a season where we went 13-1, finished ranked #3 and won the Rose Bowl. Nice insight there.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2014-07-01, 09:48

Giant Moose wrote:
That guy said that Dantonio was mishandling the QBs in a season where we went 13-1, finished ranked #3 and won the Rose Bowl. Nice insight there.

Hind sight is 20/20. Dan was absolutely right at the time, and dantonios juggling of the quarterbacks ended up costing us against ND.

Dan does a good enough job and he's not generally one to post articles strictly to increase the amount of clicks the website gets. I think he's one of the good guys is all
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2014-07-01, 09:54

Ass Dan wrote:

Hind sight is 20/20. Dan was absolutely right at the time, and dantonios juggling of the quarterbacks ended up costing us against ND.

Dan does a good enough job and he's not generally one to post articles strictly to increase the amount of clicks the website gets. I think he's one of the good guys is all
The problem with it is he wrote the column on August 29th before games had even been played. How the hell did he know the QBs were mishandled when we hadn't even played a game yet? Maybe if he had written it after the Notre Dame game, he would have had a point.

It looks like whatever Dantonio had done in that offseason made Cook stronger and able to take over a team and lead them to their first Rose Bowl win in a generation.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2014-07-01, 10:46

Blanch32 wrote:I dropped comp when he went "I told you so" about bobby Williams when instead the previous episode he was all dwags on be s nuts

Could someone translate this into English, please?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2014-07-01, 11:02

tGreenWay wrote:

Could someone translate this into English, please?

I think what he is saying is that Comp would blow sunshine up our butts about the current coach and blame everything on the past coach even though he was previously hanging from that coach's left nut while Dwags was hanging from the right nut.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2014-07-01, 11:07

Herbie Green wrote:

I think what he is saying is that Comp would blow sunshine up our butts about the current coach and blame everything on the past coach even though he was previously hanging from that coach's left nut while Dwags was hanging from the right nut.

Good Lord, man--you have a gift. Have you thought about a career as an interpreter?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2014-07-01, 11:30

tGreenWay wrote:

Good Lord, man--you have a gift. Have you thought about a career as an interpreter?

That would be great but Blanche is the only language I am fluent in besides English. I am not sure that has any use outside of this message board.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-07-01, 11:57

Herbie Green wrote:

That would be great but Blanche is the only language I am fluent in besides English.   I am not sure that has any use outside of this message board.

And to be fair it's not of much use here either.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-07-02, 09:46

What are the common acts?

A recruit decommits?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down