Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a great article. It's short. Read it.

2 posters

Go down

This is a great article. It's short. Read it.  Empty This is a great article. It's short. Read it.

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun 24 Feb 2019 - 0:06

The point of the article is not political but there are some political rants in there. This echoes a life philosophy of mine. Be nice to people. Care about people. If you don't care what people think about you, you are an asshole. Stop being an asshole.

Drew Magary is hit or miss with me, but he is spot on here.

https://www.gq.com/story/on-caring
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

This is a great article. It's short. Read it.  Empty Re: This is a great article. It's short. Read it.

Post by Rocinante Sun 24 Feb 2019 - 0:39

I like drew magery. He did a Thursday dick joke Jambaroo a couple weeks ago where he answered a question about whether shit smells worse in the toilet or on the ground that had me in tears.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

This is a great article. It's short. Read it.  Empty Re: This is a great article. It's short. Read it.

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun 24 Feb 2019 - 0:57

I know he's your boy Roc. I almost mentioned that in my post. He's very over the top sometimes in his writing style imo but he's definitely a bright dude with a pretty good sense of humor. This one just hit home with me because I've been preaching it for years.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Sun 24 Feb 2019 - 3:00

The problem is, I feel like I give people chances all the time (and not just online - I do engage in my community quite a bit) but they not only won’t budge from their shit dogma, but they fight tooth and nail when you try to show them the truth. And truth isn’t subjective. It just is. So at what point do you say “well, you’re never going to see beyond the end of your nose.” and just write them off? Yes I care. The other day a guy I sort of respect sincerely asked me what’s so bad about red face, black face, etc. in theater (I’m on a local board - don’t ask) because “women play men roles all the time. What are you supposed to do with that? I told him we weren’t having that conversation and that as long as I was on the board that would NEVER happen, period. I was blunt and he got all quiet and withdrawn, and I felt bad, but what should I do? Pretend that that’s an ok thought process to entertain? And people think this way! It’s not an isolated thing. So I guess I don’t know. People are willfully ignorant of what our country is and choose to not see and I have less and less patience for it. I don’t know.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 26 Feb 2019 - 1:03

The guy I was short with about black face died yesterday. I have no idea what happened yet. But I guess it proves the point that you should try to care what people think and treat them with respect always.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down