Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Huge scandal breaking: Movie stars bribing Yale, Stanford, Wake Forrest Coaches 100's of thousands to take their kids in on scholarship, paying people to take tests for them.

+23
tTito
NWSpartan
Dendrobates
Clarett's Folly
Rocinante
Wally Fairway
StylesGShmooth
GRR Spartan
Turtleneck
aualum06
I.B. Fine
AvgMSUJoe
SawGreen
kingstonlake
Nordic
tGreenWay
Floyd Robertson
Heat Miser
MiamiSpartan
Cameron
Other Teams Pursuing That
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
27 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Huge scandal breaking:  Movie stars bribing Yale, Stanford, Wake Forrest Coaches 100's of thousands to take their kids in on scholarship, paying people to take tests for them. Empty Huge scandal breaking: Movie stars bribing Yale, Stanford, Wake Forrest Coaches 100's of thousands to take their kids in on scholarship, paying people to take tests for them.

Post by DWags 2019-03-12, 12:15

Man, this is big. Lady from full house Felecity Hoffman, this is large and deep. People going to prison including the Yale soccer coach who took 400K to say a movie stars kid was being recruited for Soccer even though they never played.

And my parents were grateful that I got into MSU. Welp.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Huge scandal breaking:  Movie stars bribing Yale, Stanford, Wake Forrest Coaches 100's of thousands to take their kids in on scholarship, paying people to take tests for them. Empty Re: Huge scandal breaking: Movie stars bribing Yale, Stanford, Wake Forrest Coaches 100's of thousands to take their kids in on scholarship, paying people to take tests for them.

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-03-12, 12:23

pretty sure my parents didn't even know I went to college.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Huge scandal breaking:  Movie stars bribing Yale, Stanford, Wake Forrest Coaches 100's of thousands to take their kids in on scholarship, paying people to take tests for them. Empty Re: Huge scandal breaking: Movie stars bribing Yale, Stanford, Wake Forrest Coaches 100's of thousands to take their kids in on scholarship, paying people to take tests for them.

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-03-12, 12:26

Rich people Huge scandal breaking:  Movie stars bribing Yale, Stanford, Wake Forrest Coaches 100's of thousands to take their kids in on scholarship, paying people to take tests for them. 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-03-12, 12:29

Robert J Sakimano wrote:pretty sure my parents didn't even know I went to college.

Huge scandal breaking:  Movie stars bribing Yale, Stanford, Wake Forrest Coaches 100's of thousands to take their kids in on scholarship, paying people to take tests for them. 1966794946
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-03-12, 12:30

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Rich people Huge scandal breaking:  Movie stars bribing Yale, Stanford, Wake Forrest Coaches 100's of thousands to take their kids in on scholarship, paying people to take tests for them. 502811600
'zactly..

"after defrauding universities, the IRS and the American taxpayer of hundreds of thousands of dollars, (insert rich white person name here) has been sentenced to 2 weeks house arrest.. time served"..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-03-12, 12:30

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:pretty sure my parents didn't even know I went to college.

Huge scandal breaking:  Movie stars bribing Yale, Stanford, Wake Forrest Coaches 100's of thousands to take their kids in on scholarship, paying people to take tests for them. 1966794946
I could see my Dad looking up from his newspaper.. "it's awfully quiet around here, where is that mouthy-assed kid at"?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-03-12, 12:33

Huge scandal breaking:  Movie stars bribing Yale, Stanford, Wake Forrest Coaches 100's of thousands to take their kids in on scholarship, paying people to take tests for them. 10885192-6799945-image-m-17_1552403376998

In, in, in.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-03-12, 12:36

I can't believe a stickler for the rules like Danny would let Aunt Becky do this. I always knew those twins were stupid, and could never live up to DJ.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-03-12, 12:51

I'm not an expert on money, fraud, white people.. and how it all works - but wouldn't it make more sense to just donate that money to school.. maybe buy a $200,000 plaque at the College of Business or something.. a little wink and a nod and have your kid accepted the old fashioned way??

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-03-12, 13:04

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'm not an expert on money, fraud, white people.. and how it all works - but wouldn't it make more sense to just donate that money to school.. maybe buy a $200,000 plaque at the College of Business or something.. a little wink and a nod and have your kid accepted the old fashioned way??

I think this goes a bit deeper. I think some of their kids were so dumb they needed to have people take the tests for them. There is a guy who is pleading guilty who was the go between who took the money and bribed the officials, had them get notes from doctors saying their kids needed extra time on the tests. Then, he got to the test givers and they'd take them one on one with the people he bribed. After they were done with the test the proctor would re-do the answers. It's pretty complicated. But yeah, to get into the universities we're talking about takes more than a donor, unless you're eli broad. Especially if you'r kids are really dumb ass.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2019-03-12, 13:17

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'm not an expert on money, fraud, white people.. and how it all works - but wouldn't it make more sense to just donate that money to school.. maybe buy a $200,000 plaque at the College of Business or something.. a little wink and a nod and have your kid accepted the old fashioned way??

I think this goes a bit deeper. I think some of their kids were so dumb they needed to have people take the tests for them. There is a guy who is pleading guilty who was the go between who took the money and bribed the officials, had them get notes from doctors saying their kids needed extra time on the tests. Then, he got to the test givers and they'd take them one on one with the people he bribed. After they were done with the test the proctor would re-do the answers. It's pretty complicated. But yeah, to get into the universities we're talking about takes more than a donor, unless you're eli broad. Especially if you'r kids are really dumb ass.

That just gets them in. If they're that dumb, how much more bribing/cheating had to be done to get them through.?
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-03-12, 13:24

DWags wrote:

sounds pretty complex. They should've just run for public office instead.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-03-12, 13:36

I think I saw this on an episode of Law & Order.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-03-12, 13:52

The real crime is that there are a bunch of hard working ethical kids out there that were turned down because their sport was taken by some asshole at the school. That's the real crime.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-03-12, 13:53

Huge scandal breaking:  Movie stars bribing Yale, Stanford, Wake Forrest Coaches 100's of thousands to take their kids in on scholarship, paying people to take tests for them. 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-03-12, 13:56

DWags wrote:The real crime is that there are a bunch of hard working ethical kids out there that were turned down because their sport was taken by some asshole at the school. That's the real crime.

Any university not being able to figure out a legal way to get those two ridiculously hot daughters into college... that’s the real crime.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-03-12, 13:58

Congratulations to the Loughlin sisters, co-recipients of all expenses paid to attend the colleges of their choice, courtesy of The Human Fun.
The Human Fund: Money for People.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-03-12, 14:02

here's an article from back in the fall about one of the girls being accepted to college..

Olivia Giannulli is used to living a lavish life, led by her famous mother Lori Loughlin and designer father Mossimo Giannulli.

But the 19-year-old YouTuber, who goes by the name Olivia Jade online, has gotten herself into a bit of trouble, as subscribers are calling her out for her “spoiled” outlook on college.

“I don’t know how much of school I’m gonna attend,” she shared with her nearly 2 million subscribers, after explaining her extensive work schedule. “But I’m gonna go in and talk to my deans and everyone, and hope that I can try and balance it all. But I do want the experience of like game days, partying…I don’t really care about school, as you guys all know.”

Rolling Eyes

Good 'ol US of A
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-03-12, 14:31

The IMG Academy involved now.  Their director of college entrance exam preparation was charged.  Apparently took the ACT/SATs for students himself in some cases, and also changed some students' answers.  

Not like it's surprising that they'd be shady, but considering the high profile football and basketball players that go through, who else has he done this for?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-03-12, 14:42

MiamiSpartan wrote:The IMG Academy involved now.  Their director of college entrance exam preparation was charged.  Apparently took the ACT/SATs for students himself in some cases, and also changed some students' answers.  

Not like it's surprising that they'd be shady, but considering the high profile football and basketball players that go through, who else has he done this for?

Didn't Jimmeh harbow take his team to work out at the IMG.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-03-12, 15:28

DWags wrote:The real crime is that there are a bunch of hard working ethical kids out there that were turned down because their sport was taken by some asshole at the school. That's the real crime.

If you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin'
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-03-12, 15:36

Robert J Sakimano wrote:here's an article from back in the fall about one of the girls being accepted to college..

Olivia Giannulli is used to living a lavish life, led by her famous mother Lori Loughlin and designer father Mossimo Giannulli.

But the 19-year-old YouTuber, who goes by the name Olivia Jade online, has gotten herself into a bit of trouble, as subscribers are calling her out for her “spoiled” outlook on college.

“I don’t know how much of school I’m gonna attend,” she shared with her nearly 2 million subscribers, after explaining her extensive work schedule. “But I’m gonna go in and talk to my deans and everyone, and hope that I can try and balance it all. But I do want the experience of like game days, partying…I don’t really care about school, as you guys all know.”

Rolling Eyes

Good 'ol US of A

Welp, if the college route doesn’t work out for her, at least she’s got this Instagram gig to fall back on.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-03-12, 17:54

When you're that hot isn't it just easier to put a dick in your mouth, record it, leak it, play victim, cash in? I mean the time frame is literally 1 year vs 4-8.

I'd be happy to make either of them famous....
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-03-12, 17:56

Isn't Madonna's kid enrolled at SCum......just sayin....
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-03-12, 17:57

kingstonlake wrote:When you're that hot isn't it just easier to put a dick in your mouth, record it, leak it, play victim, cash in? I mean the time frame is literally 1 year vs 4-8.

You’d give them the most disappointing 30 seconds of their young lives.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-03-12, 18:01

tGreenWay wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:When you're that hot isn't it just easier to put a dick in your mouth, record it, leak it, play victim, cash in? I mean the time frame is literally 1 year vs 4-8.

I get to do it twice?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-03-12, 18:08

kingstonlake wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I get to do it twice?

If you can convince one of them to wait a couple of hours before you’re ready to misfire again.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-03-12, 18:12

First thought:
It should take all of one day — maybe two — before the first civil lawsuits are filed against the accused for preventing someone from getting into a school that rejected them.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-03-12, 18:14

tGreenWay wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

I get to do it twice?

If you can convince one of them to wait a couple of hours before you’re ready to misfire again.

If they're as dumb as it appears, I like my chances.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-03-12, 18:14

Second thought:

It shouldn’t be much longer before scummers bitch about not being listed as one of the named “elite” schools parents paid to get their kids into. Conversely, some have likely already started boasting about how u-m prevents such fraud.

Last edited by tGreenWay on 2019-03-12, 18:15; edited 2 times in total
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-03-12, 18:15

kingstonlake wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

If they're as dumb as it appears, I like my chances.

We believe in you.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-03-12, 18:21

I think my chances of getting sex from both are better than getting sex from neither.......Basketball
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2019-03-12, 18:22

Welp, this is how my brain works... not cool, but I wonder how the kids performed once in school. If they did fine and weren't cheating their way through, does that somehow indict the adequacy of entrance requirements in judging who can handle said university. Or, does this story go deeper into cheating beyond college entrance?
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-03-12, 18:29

kingstonlake wrote:I think my chances of getting sex from both are better than getting sex from neither.......Basketball

Giggity.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-03-12, 18:41

SawGreen wrote:Welp, this is how my brain works... not cool, but I wonder how the kids performed once in school. If they did fine and weren't cheating their way through, does that somehow indict the adequacy of entrance requirements in judging who can handle said university. Or, does this story go deeper into cheating beyond college entrance?
I'm a believer that once you get into a school, you can graduate. Maybe not in the College of Engineering, Human Medicine, Business, etc - but you can probably squeak your way through a BA in sociology.

(no offense to sociology majors. I'm the biggest idiot you'll ever meet. I just outkicked the coverage when it comes to marrying).
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-03-12, 18:51

SawGreen wrote:Welp, this is how my brain works... not cool, but I wonder how the kids performed once in school. If they did fine and weren't cheating their way through, does that somehow indict the adequacy of entrance requirements in judging who can handle said university. Or, does this story go deeper into cheating beyond college entrance?

While I agree I still wonder if they took spots from deserving people.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-03-12, 18:54

I just assumed that's how most frat dorks got into school.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2019-03-12, 19:29

Floyd Robertson wrote:I think I saw this on an episode of Law & Order.
If you didn't already, you will very soon.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-03-12, 19:53

FTR, I went to college for the parties and games as well.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-03-12, 20:21

tGreenWay wrote:Second thought:

It shouldn’t be much longer before scummers bitch about not being listed as one of the named “elite” schools parents paid to get their kids into. Conversely, some have likely already started boasting about how u-m prevents such fraud.

Probably not.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next