Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scientists reverse time, and we are all fucked.

+10
steveschneider
Turtleneck
Death Roe
Dendrobates
aualum06
Floyd Robertson
Nordic
DWags
tGreenWay
Rocinante
14 posters

Go down

Scientists reverse time, and we are all fucked. Empty Scientists reverse time, and we are all fucked.

Post by Rocinante 2019-03-13, 16:24

This will end badly - Or.... Begin badly? All I know is we're screwed.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Scientists reverse time, and we are all fucked. Empty Re: Scientists reverse time, and we are all fucked.

Post by tGreenWay 2019-03-13, 16:28

Mrs. DWags is gonna need that thing set to the day before she agreed to marry DWags.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Scientists reverse time, and we are all fucked. Empty Re: Scientists reverse time, and we are all fucked.

Post by DWags 2019-03-13, 18:31

tGreenWay wrote:Mrs. DWags is gonna need that thing set to the day before she agreed to marry DWags.

Hey!
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-03-13, 19:56

That's some serious science guy bullshit
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-03-13, 20:05

If we go back a significant distance (?) in time and change something, the results could be disastrous.

How about if just go back like, say, three years and change the 2016 outcome so that Trump doesn't get the nomination? Would be an interesting test.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-03-13, 20:09

They could go back and give a much younger Doc Brown the secret to building a flux capacitor and we’d’ve already had this conversation. Could’ve already had this conversation next week, if we wanted to.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-03-13, 20:10

Floyd Robertson wrote:If we go back a significant distance (?) in time and change something, the results could be disastrous.

How about if just go back like, say, three years and change the 2016 outcome so that Trump doesn't get the nomination? Would be an interesting test.

Let’s go back to the night he was conceived and put a condom on Papa Turtleneck.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-03-13, 20:12

tGreenWay wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:If we go back a significant distance (?) in time and change something, the results could be disastrous.

Let’s go back to the night he was conceived and put a condom on Papa Turtleneck.

Wouldn't it be more fun to call Trump a loser?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2019-03-13, 20:20

Floyd Robertson wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Wouldn't it be more fun to call Trump a loser?

I thought we were supposed to call Trump a Christian
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-03-13, 20:47

They can go back and right the wrong that screwed Jud Skiles and the 1986 MSU team against Kansas. 33 years and I’m still bitter.

Skiles was the greatest player in the tournament at that point. Fuck those fucking fucks.

“Izzo was the one hollering at Jud Heathcote that for 15 seconds, the clock failed to move as Michigan State led by four with 2:21 to play. Self was an assistant for the Jayhawks, but was behind the basket and not on the bench.

Eventually, everyone noticed the clock wasn’t moving, thanks in large part to Heathcote going to the scorer and pounding his fist on the table. The game resumed with no adjustment to the clock and with nine seconds to play, Kansas tied the game and sent it to overtime.”

Bastards.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2019-03-13, 20:50

DWags wrote:They can go back and right the wrong that screwed Jud Skiles and the 1986 MSU team against Kansas. 33 years and I’m still bitter.

Skiles was the greatest player in the tournament at that point. Fuck those fucking fucks.

“Izzo was the one hollering at Jud Heathcote that for 15 seconds, the clock failed to move as Michigan State led by four with 2:21 to play. Self was an assistant for the Jayhawks, but was behind the basket and not on the bench.

Eventually, everyone noticed the clock wasn’t moving, thanks in large part to Heathcote going to the scorer and pounding his fist on the table. The game resumed with no adjustment to the clock and with nine seconds to play, Kansas tied the game and sent it to overtime.”

Bastards.

Jud screwed out of two final fours and probably the 86 ship

Last edited by aualum06 on 2019-03-13, 22:07; edited 1 time in total
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-03-13, 20:51

DWags wrote:They can go back and right the wrong that screwed Jud  Skiles and the 1986 MSU team against Kansas. 33 years and I’m still bitter.  

Bastards.

Might as well go ahead take those points away from Kenny Anderson too because THE SHOT WAS AFTER THE BUZZER.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-03-13, 20:53

DWags wrote:They can go back and right the wrong that screwed Jud Skiles and the 1986 MSU team against Kansas. 33 years and I’m still bitter.

Bastards.

Add in the Georgia Tech game, too. Fuckers.

Edit: What Floyd said.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2019-03-13, 20:58

How about I just pick the Powerball numbers? I'd be ok with that
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2019-03-13, 21:45

Can we have the refs call the foul on Hayward in Indy?
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-03-13, 21:47

Death Roe wrote:Can we have the refs call the foul on Hayward in Indy?

And pick up all those flags in South Bend?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2019-03-13, 22:00

tGreenWay wrote:
Death Roe wrote:Can we have the refs call the foul on Hayward in Indy?

And give the entire 2015 Alabama roster food poisoning on December 31?
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-03-13, 22:11

Death Roe wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

And give the entire 2015 Alabama roster food poisoning on December 31?

Then they only would’ve won by four touchdowns.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-03-13, 23:36

Yawn. Gavin Schilling already perfected time travel.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-03-14, 00:41

Turtleneck wrote:Yawn. Gavin Schilling already perfected time travel.

Yawn. I left the Schilling crack alone because I knew it was the only arrow in your quiver.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-03-14, 09:08

Please don’t reverse time now. I’m just getting used to being sprung forward.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-03-14, 09:38

steveschneider wrote:Please don’t reverse time now. I’m just getting used to being sprung forward.

Scientists reverse time, and we are all fucked. 502811600
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2019-03-14, 10:48

I think my body reversed time when we switched to DST. Instead of wanting to sleep in for an hour I'm waking up an hour earlier. I normally get up at 6 in the morning, so without DST that would be like getting up at 5 am, I've got no problem with that. Instead I'm waking up at 4 am. WTF?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-03-14, 11:16

Jake from State Farm wrote:I think my body reversed time when we switched to DST. Instead of wanting to sleep in for an hour I'm waking up an hour earlier. I normally get up at 6 in the morning, so without DST that would be like getting up at 5 am, I've got no problem with that. Instead I'm waking up at 4 am. WTF?

Just go to bed st 8 pm and sleep until 10:30 am for a few nights. You’ll be fine.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2019-03-14, 11:33

tGreenWay wrote:
Jake from State Farm wrote:I think my body reversed time when we switched to DST. Instead of wanting to sleep in for an hour I'm waking up an hour earlier. I normally get up at 6 in the morning, so without DST that would be like getting up at 5 am, I've got no problem with that. Instead I'm waking up at 4 am. WTF?

Just go to bed st 8 pm and sleep until 10:30 am for a few nights. You’ll be fine.

Thanks doc, I'll let my boss know your diagnosis and prescription. He should be okay with it.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-03-14, 11:36

Jake from State Farm wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Thanks doc, I'll let my boss know your diagnosis and prescription. He should be okay with it.

Tell him I’m a professional sleep artist.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 2019-03-14, 11:48

I've been having the same issue.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-03-14, 12:02

"The distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion." - Albert Einstein
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-03-14, 13:40

We are like fucking cavemen with clubs tooling around like we are the shit and got stuff figured out....

Just complete imbeciles on the nature of the universe. (...and medicine... and probably most other things.)

Ug.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-03-14, 14:12

AvgMSUJoe wrote:We are like fucking cavemen with clubs tooling around like we are the shit and got stuff figured out....

Just complete imbeciles on the nature of the universe. (...and medicine... and probably most other things.)

Ug.

Agree with your assessment, but not your reaction. I find it all fascinating, thinking what’s to come for future generations. Of course, my excitement for what might be is tempered substantially by the thought of climate change, war, population explosion, famine, meteors, and the really scary ones; alien and then robot overlords.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down