Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

soccer sucks; beligum game proved it

+14
Chitown_Badger
MiamiSpartan
AMwood
Rocinante
Ass Dan
InTenSity
Travis of the Cosmos
Echos Myron
Wally Fairway
NigelUno
MasonGuy
Senior Dickfist
Albert_Potato
Blanch32
18 posters

Go down

soccer sucks; beligum game proved it Empty soccer sucks; beligum game proved it

Post by Blanch32 Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:54 am

What a farce if the us won! Any other sport and we lose by 3 to 5 scores. Explain to me how it's good that one team can flat out dominate the other yet still lose without melting down?

The equivalent would be if uofm had a shot at the very end of the -48 game. How infuriating would have that been due to the rules of the game??
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

soccer sucks; beligum game proved it Empty Re: soccer sucks; beligum game proved it

Post by Albert_Potato Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:18 am

Hot goalie. Howard was a stud and kept them in the game. You are right, that never happens in hockey.
Albert_Potato
Albert_Potato
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

soccer sucks; beligum game proved it Empty Re: soccer sucks; beligum game proved it

Post by Senior Dickfist Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:26 am

Blanch32 wrote:What a farce if the us won!  Any other sport and we lose by 3 to 5 scores.  Explain to me how it's good that one team can flat out dominate the other yet still lose without melting down?  

The equivalent would be if uofm had a shot at the very end of the -48 game.  How infuriating would have that been due to the rules of the game??

You suck and your posting continues to prove it....  soccer sucks; beligum game proved it 3003718628 
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MasonGuy Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:36 am

US should have won that game.
MasonGuy
MasonGuy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:37 am

Albert_Potato wrote:Hot goalie. Howard was a stud and kept them in the game. You are right, that never happens in hockey.

Even in hockey a hot goalie doesn't shut out the other team when being out shot 7 to 1
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:41 am

Blanch32 wrote:

Even in hockey a hot goalie doesn't shut out the other team when being out shot 7 to 1

WARNING!!!

In this thread, blanch makes up stats to try and compensate for his lack of sports knowledge.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:03 am

Don't anyone tell Blanch that teams in other sports that get outplayed sometimes win - but he hates soccer so he won't listen

(most recently in local games the Tigers got lucky on Monday to beat the A's with Rajai's homer)

I'm thinking about going to Founders for lunch today - either a curmudgeon, devil dancer or the turkey reuben, probably go for a late lunch and hope to see the first part of the Tigers game (do they have tv's at Founders???)
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:05 am

Wally Fairway wrote:Don't anyone tell Blanch that teams in other sports that get outplayed sometimes win - but he hates soccer so he won't listen

(most recently in local games the Tigers got lucky on Monday to beat the A's with Rajai's homer)

I'm thinking about going to Founders for lunch today - either a curmudgeon, devil dancer or the turkey reuben, probably go for a late lunch and hope to see the first part of the Tigers game (do they have tv's at Founders???)

A curmudgeon is a sandwich?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Echos Myron Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:45 am

A month ago on tOtherBoard, all the soccer fanboys were telling us how soccer was a complete team sport where the better team that controls play usually wins and hockey sucks because a sucky team can just ride a hot goaltender and make a run.
Echos Myron
Echos Myron
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:48 am

Echos Myron wrote:A month ago on tOtherBoard, all the soccer fanboys were telling us how soccer was a complete team sport where the better team that controls play usually wins and hockey sucks because a sucky team can just ride a hot goaltender and make a run.
Who won the game again?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:52 am

NigelUno wrote:A curmudgeon is a sandwich?

Yup - if we keep writing about food this thread may be moved to Bob's board (NTTAWWT)
Curmudgeon
This old fella has roasted sliced turkey, Colby Jack cheese, red onion, baby spinach, Dirty Bastard sauerkraut and our homemade horseradish sauce on Polish rye. Deceptively smooth.
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Echos Myron Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:57 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Who won the game again?

Whatever team was playing the US. Don't know. Don't care. Don't tell me how popular the World Cup is either.

All I know is tOtherBoard's soccer fanboys were telling us how a hot goaltender does not exist in soccer, it was a complete team sport. Now everyone is telling us the US was in this game because of a hot goaltender.
Echos Myron
Echos Myron
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:05 am

Echos Myron wrote:

Whatever team was playing the US. Don't know. Don't care. Don't tell me how popular the World Cup is either.

All I know is tOtherBoard's soccer fanboys were telling us how a hot goaltender does not exist in soccer, it was a complete team sport. Now everyone is telling us the US was in this game because of a hot goaltender.
A hot goalie isn't going to win the World Cup on his own the way that a hockey goalie can basically win the Stanley Cup. They certainly can pull through a game on occassion. 

My deepest apologies for any confusion you may have had about that.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:21 am

To the soccer haters. Its the middle of fucking summer, there are no other sports on, except for baseball, tennis and golf. What else is supposed to be on TV? Its better than the fucking soap opera's and tView or whatever its called. 

Why the hate? I don't love soccer and I'm no fanboy by any stretch of the imagination, but the amount of hate just seems over the top. Are we supposed to be talking about football and basketball right now? This event happens every 4 years, why does it seem as if it is hugely interfering with some lives of people?

soccer sucks; beligum game proved it 4198636888
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:25 am

Echos Myron wrote:

Dude, **** off
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Echos Myron Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:47 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:A hot goalie isn't going to win the World Cup on his own the way that a hockey goalie can basically win the Stanley Cup. They certainly can pull through a game on occassion.

Terrible, flawed, asinine comparison. The World Cup is not going to go the way the Stanley Cup playoffs go because they are two completely different tournament formats with completely different team structures.

World competition based on a country's talent versus a championship featuring a limited number of salary-capped professional sports franchises that have their pick of the world's best talent no matter the nationality. Yeah, totally the same. Good comparison.

The No. 1 team in the Stanley Cup playoffs (or basketball) is really not all that different from the No. 8 team in regards to talent. They are all the world's best players. So a hot player (goaltender OR scorer) can be the difference, especially when the top teams' best players go cold. In world competition in any sport (think Olympic basketball) there is a HUGE difference between the No. 1 team and the No. 8 team in talent, and a comically huge difference between No. 1 and No. 16. That's why we see huge upsets in the NBA, NHL, MLB and NFL playoffs, but not so much in world competition of any sport.
Echos Myron
Echos Myron
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:52 am

Echos Myron wrote:

Terrible, flawed, asinine comparison. 
I didn't read the rest of your post because its unnecessary for me to waste that time... You brought up the hockey comparison before I even came into this thread. I was just using the example that you brought up. You're an idiot.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:11 pm

LOUD NOISES
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Echos Myron Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:33 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
I didn't read the rest of your post because its unnecessary for me to waste that time... You brought up the hockey comparison before I even came into this thread. I was just using the example that you brought up. You're an idiot.

Razz 

You brought up the World Cup versus Stanley Cup playoffs. I was just using the example you brought up. Yes, it was tOtherBoard that in order to show how great soccer is, decided to put down other team sports. Not this thread and maybe not you.

It is incredibly annoying how soccer fans need to enthrone soccer as the sport of pious perfection whenever the World Cup comes around. It is especially annoying when to show how great the sport is, the insecure fans need to put down other sports. I love the Olympics when they come around, yet nobody babbles on about how superior sprinting or swimming is to team sports like football or any other sport I prefer watching throughout the year. I was just as annoyed when Bill Walton boasted basketball as "the perfect sport" and I love basketball. They are all just games. They all have flaws. They all have fans and detractors.

And before any you bonars tell me I am a hypocrite because I am putting down soccer, read my posts. Not once do I say soccer sucks.
Echos Myron
Echos Myron
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:38 pm

Echos Myron wrote:

Razz 

You brought up the World Cup versus Stanley Cup playoffs. I was just using the example you brought up. Yes, it was tOtherBoard that in order to show how great soccer is, decided to put down other team sports. Not this thread and maybe not you.

It is incredibly annoying how soccer fans need to enthrone soccer as the sport of pious perfection whenever the World Cup comes around. It is especially annoying when to show how great the sport is, the insecure fans need to put down other sports. I love the Olympics when they come around, yet nobody babbles on about how superior sprinting or swimming is to team sports like football or any other sport I prefer watching throughout the year. I was just as annoyed when Bill Walton boasted basketball as "the perfect sport" and I love basketball. They are all just games. They all have flaws. They all have fans and detractors.

And before any you bonars tell me I am a hypocrite because I am putting down soccer, read my posts. Not once do I say soccer sucks.

Who put down other sports?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:00 pm

this is such an interesting conversation.
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:09 pm

AMwood wrote:this is such an interesting conversation.

I wonder if that one guy got the turkey reuben.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Echos Myron Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:18 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Who put down other sports?

You. You compared the tournaments of soccer and another sport. If you're going to continue replying, it is necessary for you to waste this time to read posts--or however you worded that awkward statement. I say nothing about the inferiority of soccer to any other sport. Nothing. Also, not caring and not knowing what team beat the US does not mean I think soccer is inferior. I only care about the US. I don't know who or what country beat Micahel Phelps in the 2012 200m Butterfly. Does that mean I think swimming sucks?

I don't hate Apple products, I hate their pious fans and their need to put down other brands' products.
I don't hate lacrosse, I hate their insecure players that wear shirts and have bumper stickers that read, "Baseball Sucks. Play Lacrosse."
I don't hate soccer, I hate their pious self-perceived global-minded fans and their need to put down other sports.
Echos Myron
Echos Myron
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Echos Myron Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:19 pm

NigelUno wrote:I wonder if that one guy got the turkey reuben.

+1 Made me laugh.
Echos Myron
Echos Myron
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:20 pm

Echos Myron wrote:

Razz 

Just a suggestion, but maybe if you didn't open threads about things that you don't care about, you wouldn't have to read people saying why they care about it. soccer sucks; beligum game proved it 2599972566
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Chitown_Badger Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:23 pm

US was pretty much getting dominated...and then to think how close they were to stealing that game in the 89th minute.

soccer sucks; beligum game proved it 1896033241 
Chitown_Badger
Chitown_Badger
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:25 pm

Echos Myron wrote:

You. You compared the tournaments of soccer and another sport. If you're going to continue replying, it is necessary for you to waste this time to read posts--or however you worded that awkward statement. I say nothing about the inferiority of soccer to any other sport. Nothing. Also, not caring and not knowing what team beat the US does not mean I think soccer is inferior. I only care about the US. I don't know who or what country beat Micahel Phelps in the 2012 200m Butterfly. Does that mean I think swimming sucks?

I don't hate Apple products, I hate their pious fans and their need to put down other brands' products.
I don't hate lacrosse, I hate their insecure players that wear shirts and have bumper stickers that read, "Baseball Sucks. Play Lacrosse."
I don't hate soccer, I hate their pious self-perceived global-minded fans and their need to put down other sports.
I stopped reading again. Comparing things isn't saying that one is superior to the other. It's comparing them. Pointing out how they are different. That's all.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Echos Myron Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:26 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:Just a suggestion, but maybe if you didn't open threads about things that you don't care about, you wouldn't have to read people saying why they care about it.  soccer sucks; beligum game proved it 2599972566

The thread is titled "soccer sucks; beligum game proved it" That doesn't scream a thread for people who care deeply about soccer. soccer sucks; beligum game proved it 2599972566
Echos Myron
Echos Myron
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:39 pm

Echos Myron wrote:

The thread is titled "soccer sucks; beligum game proved it" That doesn't scream a thread for people who care deeply about soccer. soccer sucks; beligum game proved it 2599972566

Still stand behind my thread title. More flawed than anything we have in the states. Other than the time it takes to play in regulation, all us major sports are superior.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:42 pm

....I guess thats why the only hold a world completion every 4 years. Any more frequent is over exposure
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:55 pm

Blanch32 wrote:....I guess thats why the only hold a world completion every 4 years.  Any more frequent is over exposure

I know, right? Because the rest of the world hates soccer.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanMikey Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:02 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
A hot goalie isn't going to win the World Cup on his own the way that a hockey goalie can basically win the Stanley Cup. They certainly can pull through a game on occassion. 

I totally agree with this. I mean, look at Ochoa from Mexico.
SpartanMikey
SpartanMikey
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:06 pm

Part of me thinks this country just likes international competition. There's a lot of encouraging numbers that show soccer is growing in this country, but at the end of the day you put synchronized diving on TV in the Olympics and the ratings are through the roof. You put it on anytime after the Olympics and no one gives a shit.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:13 pm

NigelUno wrote:

I know, right? Because the rest of the world hates soccer.

We ain't in charge of the schedule....
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:21 pm

Blanch32 wrote:

We ain't in charge of the schedule....

Mods...please merge this thread with the random ramblings thread. It meets the standard on a few levels.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Notorious GiB Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:30 pm

AMwood wrote:this is such an interesting conversation.

Need a Jesus Freak Lady update.  cheers 
Notorious GiB
Notorious GiB
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:42 pm

NigelUno wrote:

Mods...please merge this thread with the random ramblings thread. It meets the standard on a few levels.

You really are the resident bonar uno
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:57 pm

Echos Myron wrote:

Uhh, this whole thread you've been complaining about what soccer fans on tRCMB were saying about soccer, and how that annoys you. Those are the threads I was saying you shouldn't open if it bothers you.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:01 pm

Blanch32 wrote:

You really are the resident bonar uno

Not if we go by avatars.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gob Bluth Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:04 pm

Blanch is a fucking moran, this thread proves it.
Gob Bluth
Gob Bluth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down