Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Country Music Star Playing With a Gun Accidently Shoots/Kills Himself..

+3
kingstonlake
Jake from State Farm
Robert J Sakimano
7 posters

Go down

Country Music Star Playing With a Gun Accidently Shoots/Kills Himself.. Empty Country Music Star Playing With a Gun Accidently Shoots/Kills Himself..

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:43 am

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- A rising country music singer from Texas has died after a reported accidental shooting that happened with a gun that was being used as a music video prop.

Caution: Mainstream Media Link
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Country Music Star Playing With a Gun Accidently Shoots/Kills Himself.. Empty Re: Country Music Star Playing With a Gun Accidently Shoots/Kills Himself..

Post by Jake from State Farm Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:15 am

One less crappy country music video we won't be subjected to.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Country Music Star Playing With a Gun Accidently Shoots/Kills Himself.. Empty Re: Country Music Star Playing With a Gun Accidently Shoots/Kills Himself..

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:03 am

Jake from State Farm wrote:One less crappy country music video we won't be subjected to.
that stuff is brutal on the eyes and ears... fortunately, I'm not subjected to it often. However, my wife and I stopped into Claddagh in Eastwood on Saturday and they had some wretched corporate country stuff on and we just looked at each other and did our best to get through it.

I feel bad for this guy's family - but guns are dangerous.. and death is an profitable industry in America so this is not exactly shocking.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:10 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- A rising country music singer from Texas has died after a reported accidental shooting that happened with a gun that was being used as a music video prop.

Justin Carter recently signed a deal with Triple Threat Management,

God, guns, stupidity.......

Who puts a loaded gun in their pocket?  Why does it have to be loaded for a video shoot in an apartment?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:29 am

kingstonlake wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Justin Carter recently signed a deal with Triple Threat Management,

God, guns, stupidity.......

Who puts a loaded gun in their pocket?  Why does it have to be loaded for a video shoot in an apartment?
America is a stupid country.

throw in religion and guns, and the stupidity flows over into making it a violent country.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:10 am

Brought back memories of the late Jon-Erik Hexum who I knew when we were both at MSU.

After he left MSU in '80 he got into acting and in '84 he had landed a leading roll on a network action/detective show Cover-up. In October he put a prop gun to his head and it ended his life at 26.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:13 am

GRR Spartan wrote:Brought back memories of the late Jon-Erik Hexum who I knew when we were both at MSU.

After he left MSU in '80 he got into acting and in '84 he had landed a leading roll on a network action/detective show Cover-up. In October he put a prop gun to his head and it ended his life at 26.

Remember that. He was the new Hollywood heart throb. I think he did that "as a joke" during a stoppage in filming. Put the gun against his temple and said "lets see if there's one in here for me" or something similar, and then didn't realize that fake guns blow out quite a bit of pressurized air. Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but it was some horrible mistake he made.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:54 am

Dwags, you are correct.

We used to kid him telling him he was following James Caan's career path playing a season of MSU football then going into acting. Hexum had made solid contacts, the right management.

He skipped past soap opera work and started a pilot for a network series about a 18 months out of MSU. After 4 years in LA he was a working actor on his second series with first billing and had had a major part in a movie.

I remember his family sued and settled with the studio and show's producer.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:02 pm

I worked at the same tiny radio station where Hexum worked. We never crossed paths because he was 2-3 years before me. Most who worked there knew and liked him. After the accident, the station was besieged with requests from reporters looking for personal stories and comments. I looked up the FCC transmission reports in the file from his time period, and it was strange to see his signature on all that paperwork. Sad, really.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:02 am

GRR Spartan wrote:Brought back memories of the late Jon-Erik Hexum who I knew when we were both at MSU.

Interesting anecdote. He was a sexy ass dude.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down