Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Put your ass on the line.Tom Savage or Connor Cook..

+12
Rocinante
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
DWags
AvgMSUJoe
duffy munn
WhiteBoyHatcher
Wally Fairway
steveschneider
tGreenWay
kingstonlake
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who will be the back up to the $28 million dollar man...

Put your ass on the line.Tom Savage or Connor Cook.. Vote_lcap53%Put your ass on the line.Tom Savage or Connor Cook.. Vote_rcap 53% 
[ 8 ]
Put your ass on the line.Tom Savage or Connor Cook.. Vote_lcap0%Put your ass on the line.Tom Savage or Connor Cook.. Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Put your ass on the line.Tom Savage or Connor Cook.. Vote_lcap47%Put your ass on the line.Tom Savage or Connor Cook.. Vote_rcap 47% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 15

Poll closed

Put your ass on the line.Tom Savage or Connor Cook.. Empty Put your ass on the line.Tom Savage or Connor Cook..

Post by kingstonlake 2019-04-30, 09:54

Who will end up being the great Matt Staffords back up this year?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Put your ass on the line.Tom Savage or Connor Cook.. Empty Re: Put your ass on the line.Tom Savage or Connor Cook..

Post by tGreenWay 2019-04-30, 10:10

Depends. Was Savage a team captain in college?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Put your ass on the line.Tom Savage or Connor Cook.. Empty Re: Put your ass on the line.Tom Savage or Connor Cook..

Post by steveschneider 2019-04-30, 10:35

Tom who?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-04-30, 10:36

I gotta say I voted for Connor Cook just because he's a Spartan but if I'm honest I don't give a flying f. I think this is the first year I don't care at all about the Lions. I think my long time curse is over. Good luck to the rest of you, I hope this season is the year they win a playoff game.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-04-30, 10:55

tGreenWay wrote:Depends. Was Savage a team captain in college?

Yes. Yes he was.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2019-04-30, 11:13

kingstonlake wrote:

Yes. Yes he was.
I had no idea who he was - so wiki

Now I've gotta ask Kingston - was he capt'n at Rutgers or Pitt
(I'm assuming not at Arizona, which he as at for the year he sat out and then went onto Pitt)

Seriously though, Savage must be awesome - his freshman year Rutgers won 8 games with him starting
8 games AT Rutgers
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-04-30, 11:18

Wally Fairway wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Yes. Yes he was.
I had no idea who he was - so wiki

Now I've gotta ask Kingston - was he capt'n at Rutgers or Pitt
(I'm assuming not at Arizona, which he as at for the year he sat out and then went onto Pitt)

Seriously though, Savage must be awesome - his freshman year Rutgers won 8 games with him starting
8 games AT Rutgers

It was Pitt, lol.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-04-30, 11:27

CC can still sling it. Excited to watch him in the preseason. He'll make some great throws that will get you excited as a Lions or CC fan.

He's just not very accurate.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-04-30, 12:00

steveschneider wrote:I gotta say I voted for Connor Cook just because he's a Spartan but if I'm honest I don't give a flying f. I think this is the first year I don't care at all about the Lions. I think my long time curse is over. Good luck to the rest of you, I hope this season is the year they win a playoff game.

I wish you good luck. Few people successfully quit the Lions on their first try. I’m a three time quitter and —even now— I can feel a tug for those kitties.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-04-30, 12:02

kingstonlake wrote:

Yes. Yes he was.

That’s good to know.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-04-30, 12:06

Voted
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-04-30, 12:09

tGreenWay wrote:
steveschneider wrote:I gotta say I voted for Connor Cook just because he's a Spartan but if I'm honest I don't give a flying f. I think this is the first year I don't care at all about the Lions. I think my long time curse is over. Good luck to the rest of you, I hope this season is the year they win a playoff game.

I wish you good luck. Few people successfully quit the Lions on their first try. I’m a three time quitter and —even now— I can feel a tug for those kitties.

Yeah, I saw a lot of people melting down about their draft 'can you believe they took this guy????' or 'I can't believe they didn't take that other guy!!!'

First year I don't know who these people are that everyone is upset about and based on the last 40+ years of following this stuff I'm going to assume the Lions picked the wrong guy and should have taken the other guy.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-04-30, 13:47

I have a yearly plan... Start watching... the first time they disgust me. Done.

I have had years I don't make it through week 1... Others, when they blow their shot at the playoffs in the last couple weeks.

Seriously though, the dudes who travel for the draft are some seriously fkd up people. (Let alone watch it.) Fit into the "American's are stupid" mantra of BobbySak.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-06-10, 11:42

Lions cut CC to make way for some nerd named David Fails. Fuck the Lions.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-06-10, 11:45

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Lions cut CC to make way for some nerd named David Fails. Fuck the Lions.

Well shit. Looks like the arena league or Canada.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-06-10, 11:48

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Lions cut CC to make way for some nerd named David Fails. Fuck the Lions.

There's no way whoever that is can succeed with than name.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-06-10, 11:52

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:CC can still sling it. Excited to watch him in the preseason. He'll make some great throws that will get you excited as a Lions or CC fan.

He's just not very accurate.
Put your ass on the line.Tom Savage or Connor Cook.. 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-06-10, 11:57

He may be a dick but I love the way he plays QB. Hope he catches on somewhere so I can watch him in the preseason.

Oh and fuck the Lions.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-06-10, 12:09

LSJ Sports
‏Verified account @LSJsports
2m2 minutes ago

The Detroit Lions waived Connor Cook, the former Michigan State standout, on Monday and signed David Fales.

savage.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-06-10, 12:38

This is a good thing for him. Detroit Lions SUCK.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-06-10, 13:02

The NFL just doesn't appreciate a QB who can underthrow wide receivers on a consistent basis make highly accurate back shoulder passes.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-06-10, 14:14

This can’t be right. I started Connor Cook and traded away Carr and won 3 consecutive Super Bowls in Madden a few years back.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-06-10, 15:03

steveschneider wrote:This is a good thing for him. Detroit Lions SUCK.

Yeah the Lions suck but this is in no way good for Cook. He's now been cut at least 3 times. I hope he hooks on with another team but this could easily be it for him.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-06-10, 15:05

duffy munn wrote:

Yeah the Lions suck but this is in no way good for Cook. He's now been cut at least 3 times. I hope he hooks on with another team but this could easily be it for him.

True. I guess is it better to be in the league on the Lions or not in the league at all? If those are my options I'd probably choose not at all.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-06-10, 15:18

Detroit Fales like no other team.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NWSpartan 2019-06-10, 15:34

Baffling to me that the Lions didn't give him a longer look but better to be cut now than on the last cut day like the Raiders did. At least he'll have a chance at getting on another team and going through training camp.

If he doesn't get picked up by another NFL team maybe the XFL will give him a call.
NWSpartan
NWSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-06-10, 15:42

NWSpartan wrote:Baffling to me that the Lions didn't give him a longer look but better to be cut now than on the last cut day like the Raiders did. At least he'll have a chance at getting on another team and going through training camp.

If he doesn't get picked up by another NFL team maybe the XFL will give him a call.

Lions cut him as QB3. CFL maybe.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-06-10, 15:45

Huh. So, if he WAS a captain... uh....

(Idunno... grumble grumble...)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2019-06-11, 08:45

duffy munn wrote:

In theory it could be good, but in reality it never is - name me a QB who has caught on somewhere after being cut 3 times, or even one who was a non starter for 3 years and became a starter (and not due to injury of the players in front of him)

I like to watch CC play on Saturdays, he was a gun slinger and did really well against college defenses; sadly maybe playing on Sundays against NFL talent really isn't his thing. Either way he is a great Spartan (even if he wasn't Captain)
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-06-11, 08:57

Here's one for you Wally.

Green Bay Packers
Following his college career, Warner went undrafted in the 1994 NFL Draft. He was invited to try out for the Green Bay Packers' training camp in 1994, but was released before the regular season began. Warner was competing for a spot against Brett Favre, Mark Brunell, and former Heisman Trophy winner Ty Detmer. While Warner was with the Packers, the head coach was Mike Holmgren, the quarterback coach was Steve Mariucci, and Andy Reid was the offensive assistant.[6]

After his release, Warner stocked shelves at a Hy-Vee grocery store in Cedar Falls for $5.50 an hour.[7] Warner often cites this starting point when telling of his rise to NFL stardom in 1999. He also mentions that his deepened dedication to Christianity occurred around 1997.[8] Warner returned to Northern Iowa and worked as a graduate assistant coach with the football team, while still hoping to get another tryout with an NFL team.

Iowa Barnstormers
With no NFL teams willing to give him a chance, Warner turned to the Arena Football League (AFL) in 1995, and signed with the Iowa Barnstormers. He was named to the AFL's First-team All-Arena in both 1996 and 1997 after he led the Barnstormers to ArenaBowl appearances in both seasons. Warner's performance was so impressive that he was later named twelfth out of the 20 Best Arena Football Players of all time.[9]

Before the 1997 AFL season, Warner requested and got a tryout with the Chicago Bears, but an injury to his throwing elbow caused by a spider bite sustained during his honeymoon prevented him from attending.[10]

In 2000, after Warner's breakout NFL season, the AFL used his new fame for the name of its first widely available video game, Kurt Warner's Arena Football Unleashed. On August 12, 2011, he was named as an inductee into the Arena Football Hall of Fame.

St. Louis Rams
In December 1997 after the St. Louis Rams' season had ended, Warner signed a futures contract with the team.[11][12] In February 1998, he was allocated to NFL Europe to play for the Amsterdam Admirals, where he would lead the league in touchdowns and passing yards.[13][14][15] His backup at the time was future Carolina Panthers quarterback Jake Delhomme, another famous rags-to-riches quarterback story. Returning to the United States, Warner spent the 1998 season as St. Louis' third-string quarterback behind Tony Banks and Steve Bono. He ended his season completing only 4 of 11 pass attempts for 39 yards and a 47.2 QB rating.

1999 season
Prior to the 1999 free-agency period, the Rams chose Warner to be one of the team's five unprotected players in the 1999 NFL Expansion Draft.[16] Warner went unselected by the Cleveland Browns, who chose no Rams and whose only quarterback selection was Scott Milanovich.

The Rams let Bono leave in free agency and signed Trent Green to be the starter. Banks was traded to the Ravens, and Warner now found himself second on the depth chart. After Green tore his ACL in a preseason game, Rams coach Dick Vermeil named Warner as the Rams' starter. In an emotional press conference, Vermeil—who hadn't seen Warner work with the first-string offense—said, "We will rally around Kurt Warner, and we'll play good football."
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-06-11, 10:02

Wally Fairway wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

In theory it could be good, but in reality it never is - name me a QB who has caught on somewhere after being cut 3 times, or even one who was a non starter for 3 years and became a starter (and not due to injury of the players in front of him)

I like to watch CC play on Saturdays, he was a gun slinger and did really well against college defenses; sadly maybe playing on Sundays against NFL talent really isn't his thing. Either way he is a great Spartan (even if he wasn't Captain)

The Lions are a dumpster fire that has enough trash to keep burning to the end of time. What's the best we could hope for while he's there? To see him play in an exhibition game? I could see him getting picked up mid season as a bunch of teams lose their QBs to injury and getting an opportunity.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-06-11, 10:19

We might have to consider that CC just isn't that good guys.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-06-11, 10:27

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:We might have to consider that CC just isn't that good guys.

Yeah, I think he was done after he hurt his shoulder his senior year.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-06-11, 10:34

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:We might have to consider that CC just isn't that good guys.

Lions should sign Kaepernick.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-06-11, 11:45

DWags wrote:

Nah I don't think it's his shoulder. I've watched about every Raiders preseason game I could the past 2 years because I'm sick like that. He still makes NFL throws with NFL zip on them. Some throws down the seam and you're like daaaayyyum! But then he throws an INT or misses a wide open guy in the flat and you're like
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-06-11, 13:10

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
DWags wrote:

Nah I don't think it's his shoulder. I've watched about every Raiders preseason game I could the past 2 years because I'm sick like that. He still makes NFL throws with NFL zip on them. Some throws down the seam and you're like daaaayyyum! But then he throws an INT or misses a wide open guy in the flat and you're like

Probably attitude related... Good thing he wasn't a captain.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-06-11, 13:12

Partly I wonder if he might be stupid. And not able to pick up a playbook.

Stupid and inaccurate would be a bad combo. Especially for a Jon Gruden offense.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-06-11, 13:12

I thank him for the memories I have from traveling to a lot of the games while a student. Including the memory with wake.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-06-11, 13:17

I would be a terrible NFL scout. Based on what I saw of them in college, I never would have predicted that Cousins would have a better pro career than Cook. Not to mention Hoyer...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-06-11, 13:43

This.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next