Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got 3 days in Nashville with nothing to do.

+10
duffy munn
kingstonlake
tGreenWay
Robert J Sakimano
Senior Dickfist
pulling69
NigelUno
Cameron
Floyd Robertson
AvgMSUJoe
14 posters

Go down

Got 3 days in Nashville with nothing to do. Empty Got 3 days in Nashville with nothing to do.

Post by AvgMSUJoe Mon 13 May - 11:05

What should I plan?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Got 3 days in Nashville with nothing to do. Empty Re: Got 3 days in Nashville with nothing to do.

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon 13 May - 11:10

A drive home?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Got 3 days in Nashville with nothing to do. Empty Re: Got 3 days in Nashville with nothing to do.

Post by AvgMSUJoe Mon 13 May - 11:23

For shits and giggles, going with the wife to her work conference thing. They are putting us up in Gaylord Opry something resort. Supposed to have a huge atrium with stuff in it or something. But during the day, I got hours to blow. People say how great Nashville is.

Why, I guess is the question? Oh... snap. (thread jump)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Mon 13 May - 11:44

Barbecue and music? I've never been, but that's probably what I'd do there.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Mon 13 May - 11:45

Cameron wrote:Barbecue and music? I've never been, but that's probably what I'd do there.
Yeah... that's the plan.
Just suggestions on each, I guess.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon 13 May - 11:53

https://jacksbarbque.com/locations/416-broadway-downtown
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 Mon 13 May - 12:44

Just over a 3 hour drive to Buffalo Trace....
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist Mon 13 May - 13:19

AvgMSUJoe wrote:For shits and giggles, going with the wife to her work conference thing. They are putting us up in Gaylord Opry something resort. Supposed to have a huge atrium with stuff in it or something. But during the day, I got hours to blow. People say how great Nashville is.

It has 3 atriums. The place is huge. Downtown is, if I remember correctly, around a 20 minute drive. Go checkout Broadway street. Nothing crazy, but if you time to kill...
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Mon 13 May - 14:35

Senior Dickfist wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:For shits and giggles, going with the wife to her work conference thing. They are putting us up in Gaylord Opry something resort. Supposed to have a huge atrium with stuff in it or something. But during the day, I got hours to blow. People say how great Nashville is.

It has 3 atriums. The place is huge. Downtown is, if I remember correctly, around a 20 minute drive. Go checkout Broadway street. Nothing crazy, but if you time to kill...

Cool. Uber down. Get liquored up all day. Uber back. Have twife's work buy dinner. Crash hard. Sounds like a plan.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist Mon 13 May - 14:41

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Senior Dickfist wrote:

Cool. Uber down. Get liquored up all day. Uber back. Have twife's work buy dinner. Crash hard. Sounds like a plan.

I like the cut of your jib!
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 13 May - 15:47

AvgMSUJoe wrote:What should I plan?
two chicks at the same time, man.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 13 May - 17:12

Minus well make some money. Get a day job at Piggly Wiggly.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon 13 May - 17:57

See if you can hook up with Steve McNair.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 13 May - 18:11

Write a few jingles with Brad and Peyton.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon 13 May - 18:25

Smash some beers with Taylor Lewan's mom.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 13 May - 20:07

Ask the locals at the front desk or concierge how they’d show off their city to relatives if they had only a couple of days in town.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Tue 14 May - 7:24

tGreenWay wrote:Write a few jingles with Brad and Peyton.

Leave Jingles out of this.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 14 May - 7:57

duffy munn wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Write a few jingles with Brad and Peyton.

Leave Jingles out of this.
Got 3 days in Nashville with nothing to do. 502811600

saw him again the other night.. at Claddagh. Dude is all over the place.

(of course.. since I see him all over the place.. maybe I'm all over the place, too) - Got 3 days in Nashville with nothing to do. 2599972566
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 14 May - 8:29

Bob, I’d have to argue that anywhere in Lansing or East Lansing doesn’t add up to all over the place.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 14 May - 8:52

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Bob, I’d have to argue that anywhere in Lansing or East Lansing doesn’t add up to all over the place.
while we're busy being literal, my name isn't Bob and we're not arguing.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Tue 14 May - 8:58

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Bob, I’d have to argue that anywhere in Lansing or East Lansing doesn’t add up to all over the place.

I've been on many road trips with Jingles and he is recognized by someone every place we've gone. Vegas, Tempe, Atlanta, chicago, mexico, grand caymen, several big ten cities, etc.

Sure you are more likely to see him at a mid-michigan watering hole but the dude is global.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Tue 14 May - 8:59

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

This. And Jingles name is not really jingles.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 14 May - 9:02

Duffy have you had sex with jingles. Literally
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Tue 14 May - 9:23

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Duffy have you had sex with jingles. Literally

Um, no.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 14 May - 9:42

I bet Jingles would get a kick out of the relative degree of fame he has acquired here at tSwill.

or.. maybe not. If I were him, I'd probably run.

or change my name.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 14 May - 10:55

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Got 3 days in Nashville with nothing to do. 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue 14 May - 11:05

Got 3 days in Nashville with nothing to do. 502811600 Got 3 days in Nashville with nothing to do. 502811600 Duff does love him some Jingles.

Check out the life size replica of the Parthenon across from the Vandy campus. It's kind of cool.

Note that it's not cool to go to a wedding in June INSIDE the non air conditioned replica of the Parthenon that is not built to host weddings. But the building itself is cool.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Tue 14 May - 14:14

I just clicked the "Thanks" button. Not sure of what it does.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 14 May - 14:33

AvgMSUJoe wrote:I just clicked the "Thanks" button. Not sure of what it does.

Desktop has a Thanks button? Mobile doesn’t have a Thanks button. What is this shit? Imma sue SRC. Imma gather all the mobile users and launch a classy Ashton lawsuit against forumotion. This indignation will not stand!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Tue 14 May - 15:29

tGreenWay wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:I just clicked the "Thanks" button. Not sure of what it does.

Desktop has a Thanks button? Mobile doesn’t have a Thanks button. What is this shit? Imma sue SRC. Imma gather all the mobile users and launch a classy Ashton lawsuit against forumotion. This indignation will not stand!

There's only a Thanks button for the person who starts the thread.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Tue 14 May - 15:46

Cameron wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Thanks.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 14 May - 16:13

Cameron wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

BALDERDASH! What if the OP’s thread is helpful to everyone reading it? There’s no Thanks button to push. I mean, some posters such as DWags and Pantry will never be helpful, so there’s no need to thank them, but the rest of us must arrest this folly, if not for ourselves individually, then for the good of the board in its entirety.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Thu 23 May - 11:19

BTW, Broadway is bonkers, especially if you have the Association the wife works for buying all the drinks. (Not sure if Buffalo Trace is my friend or enemy after last weekend.)

A whole LOTTA white people. And really not nearly as much country as I feared. Most of the bands were doing classic rock covers.

Went in Kid Rock's bar... yikes. He is making huge bank off of the "fans". The Jimmy Buffet of the "don't give a fuck about anything cause I'm a dumbass white guy" set. I related to the dude who wrote the thing about his cruise....(https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2017/04/10/kid-rock-cruise/)... Definitely not for the pretentious.

95% of the chicks were in bachelorette parties. The uber guy called them "woo woo girls" (lol)...

AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 23 May - 12:04

AvgMSUJoe wrote:BTW, Broadway is bonkers, especially if you have the Association the wife works for buying all the drinks. (Not sure if Buffalo Trace is my friend or enemy after last weekend.)

A whole LOTTA white people. And really not nearly as much country as I feared. Most of the bands were doing classic rock covers.

Went in Kid Rock's bar... yikes. He is making huge bank off of the "fans". The Jimmy Buffet of the "don't give a fuck about anything cause I'm a dumbass white guy" set. I related to the dude who wrote the thing about his cruise....(https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2017/04/10/kid-rock-cruise/)... Definitely not for the pretentious.

95% of the chicks were in bachelorette parties. The uber guy called them "woo woo girls" (lol)...

yikes - I can almost smell those people...

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu 23 May - 14:34

AvgMSUJoe wrote:BTW, Broadway is bonkers, especially if you have the Association the wife works for buying all the drinks. (Not sure if Buffalo Trace is my friend or enemy after last weekend.)

Yeah, I did a vacation in the south a while back. The main areas were always all white. You drive around a bit and you cross the rail road tracks and it's a completely different scene. How was the food? I remember at first I loved it but towards the end I was sick of it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu 23 May - 14:35

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

yikes - I can almost smell those people...

Probably a lot of fumes from Axe body spray.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Thu 23 May - 15:50

steveschneider wrote:

Yeah, I did a vacation in the south a while back. The main areas were always all white. You drive around a bit and you cross the rail road tracks and it's a completely different scene. How was the food? I remember at first I loved it but towards the end I was sick of it.

I avoided repetition, so not bad... Landed at a place called The Stillery on second off broadway (on the advice of the local uber guy)... Was good. And the music was too. A dude with a looper doing request covers interspersed with original stuff. Talented dude.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Murphy Green Sat 25 May - 14:23

We stopped in Nashville for 2 nights on our way back from Mardi Gras.  The barbeque at Martin's Bar-B-Que Joint was so good that we went back the second night.  Checked out a number of venues along Broadway; Tootsie's was a lot of fun.  Toured the TN capitol bldg.  Walked over the Shelby Street Bridge then had lunch at the Acme Feed & Seed on the advice of several fellow Spartans.  Was a bit concerned with the country looking band but it was more rock country so we enjoyed it.
Murphy Green
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down