Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Positives from the game other than defense.

+13
InTenSity
Turtleneck
Dendrobates
kingstonlake
WhiteBoyHatcher
tGreenWay
Nordic
Watch Out Pylon!
duffy munn
By-Tor
Cameron
steveschneider
DWags
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Positives from the game other than defense.  Empty Positives from the game other than defense.

Post by DWags 2019-08-30, 23:10

Lewerke looked quicker. Averaged about 5 yards a carry. I like Collins. Had he not had a couple runs brought back on penalties he would have better numbers.

Jakes leg. 47 yard average. 61 yard boomer.

Coughlin four for four 47 yard long.

Heywards hands.

No turnovers.

Nailors kick returns.

Anything else?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Positives from the game other than defense.  Empty Re: Positives from the game other than defense.

Post by steveschneider 2019-08-30, 23:26

Good list. I liked that Lewerke was running more, and that he could throw the ball over ten yards.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Positives from the game other than defense.  Empty Re: Positives from the game other than defense.

Post by Cameron 2019-08-30, 23:59

I liked the tempo, for the most part. I like that Lewerke seems to trust Cody White. Good connection with the WR1 is very important. I think Jefferson is the guy to watch on the offense, I see a breakout coming.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2019-08-31, 00:05

The new turf looked really healthy.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-08-31, 00:06

I couldn't make to the game tonight but it looked like a good crowd on TV.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-08-31, 00:07

By-Tor wrote:The new turf looked really healthy.

It really did.

duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-08-31, 00:08

Tons of hot chicks at the stadium tonight.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-08-31, 00:16

1) Top 10 most Beautiful Day for Football

2) Campus and tailgate was buzzing

3) Crowd and student section were full (enough)

4) Nailor/White look to have the green light at PR

5) All three RBs looked good/played well

6) Lewerke looked confident and decisive

7) Coughlin 4-for-4

8) Hartbarger can still punt missles
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-08-31, 00:23

I was pleased there were more Spartan fans than Tulsa fans.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-08-31, 00:39

I know you said "other than the defense" but two guys I was super impressed with - these guys are future stars, and perhaps present stars. Antjuan and the "other" Panasiuk.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-08-31, 01:06

LDJ and Heyward both made some cuts with some vision that I didn't think they were capable of doing. Multiple times. They also missed some holes.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-08-31, 08:04

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:LDJ and Heyward both made some cuts with some vision that I didn't think they were capable of doing. Multiple times. They also missed some holes.

Not used to seeing a subpar backfield. As long as Jefferson and Collins don’t put it on the turf they should get more snaps. I know I know, blocking. But we need someone who at least has the potential to shed a tackler or a least make them miss. The next time Heyward makes a tackler miss will be the first time.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-08-31, 08:49

kingstonlake wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:LDJ and Heyward both made some cuts with some vision that I didn't think they were capable of doing. Multiple times. They also missed some holes.

Not used to seeing a subpar backfield. As long as Jefferson and Collins don’t put it on the turf they should get more snaps. I know I know, blocking. But we need someone who at least has the potential to shed a tackler or a least make them miss. The next time Heyward makes a tackler miss will be the first time.

Does this count?

https://www.foxsports.com/college-football/video/1595950147661
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-08-31, 09:00

Nordic wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Does this count?

Yes it counts Nigel. I take it all back. He’s so elusive, How could I not see the similarities between him and gayle sayers.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-08-31, 09:00

We are undefeated
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-08-31, 09:01

Nordic wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Does this count?

Yeah, I remember seeing quite a few moves to make guys miss. Collins seemed to have the most although I wasn't always paying attention to who was in the backfield. There was that one drive near the end of the 3rd or beginning of the 4th where Collins was seeing holes and hitting them hard.

Anyway, the run game seems ever so slightly better than last year. We'll see how that bodies for the rest of the season.

Edit: after checking the stats, it must have been Hayward that was stringing a few good runs together on that one drive. Whatever.

Last edited by Watch Out Pylon! on 2019-08-31, 09:06; edited 1 time in total
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-08-31, 09:03

To the guys that went looked like incredible weather. How were the tailgates?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-08-31, 09:07

steveschneider wrote:To the guys that went looked like incredible weather. How were the tailgates?

Fucking fantastic. We started at 1. You could not ask for better weather for an extended tailgate.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-08-31, 09:13

If the game ever slows down enough for Heyward at the line of scrimmage like it has for him in the open field, he could be great. I think it will. However our offensive line is still the elephant in the room. I’m a bit bummed. While our backs did leave some yards on the field by missing holes, that line still has to be better. Hey, it’s the first game. Who knows how good Tulsa’s front 7 are.

I saw a top 15 football team on the field. I’m comfortable with 9 wins. Then who knows.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-08-31, 09:21

steveschneider wrote:To the guys that went looked like incredible weather. How were the tailgates?

I always leave my tailgate drunk fed and happy
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2019-08-31, 09:25

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Fucking fantastic. We started at 1. You could not ask for better weather for an extended tailgate.

Where did you tailgate that you started at 1?
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-08-31, 09:35

kingstonlake wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Does this count?

Yes it counts Nigel. I take it all back. He’s so elusive, How could I not see the similarities between him and gayle sayers.

Don't take it out on me that your take sucked

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-08-31, 09:39

Dendrobates wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Bob’s
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2019-08-31, 09:42

Special teams looked pretty good.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-08-31, 10:05

Nordic wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

If you think Heyward is elusive, makes people miss, sheds tacklers and is better than Collins or Jefferson, that’s fine. I just don’t agree.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-08-31, 10:08

Dendrobates wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

In the Methodist church parking lot on Harrison just north of what used to be Goodrich's. They don't care when you show up and they're just off of campus so the bullshit starting times don't apply.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2019-08-31, 10:28

steveschneider wrote:We are undefeated

and in first place in the BigTen East
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-08-31, 10:53

kingstonlake wrote:
Nordic wrote:

If you think Heyward is elusive, makes people miss, sheds tacklers and is better than Collins or Jefferson, that’s fine. I just don’t agree.

I'm calling out your hyperbole Jim Rome hot take in a thread about positives fom the game. Your take was simply fucking stupid based on him making three guys "miss" on a TD run in the game we are talking about. There is no further commentary than that.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-08-31, 11:27

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Is it everything GMC makes it out to be?

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-08-31, 11:57

I’ve got nothing. More of the same shit.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-08-31, 12:01

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I’ve got nothing. More of the same shit.

Special teams?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-08-31, 12:15

Well thanks for posting in this thread!!!
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-08-31, 12:20

Nordic wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

I'm calling out your hyperbole Jim Rome hot take in a thread about positives fom the game. Your take was simply fucking stupid based on him making three guys "miss" on a TD run in the game we are talking about. There is no further commentary than that.

If you honestly thought I literally meant that Heyward hasn’t made anyone miss in his entire career at MSU you’re not real bright. Or just playing Nigel on weekends.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-08-31, 12:31

DWags wrote:

Well thanks for posting in this thread!!!

You’re welcome d wags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-08-31, 12:35

Maybe we need a no snowflakes allowed thread where you can talk objectively talk about the team.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-08-31, 12:46

kingstonlake wrote:Maybe we need a no snowflakes allowed thread where you can talk objectively talk about the team.

Or start a thread “negatives from last nights game”.

I think maybe we should have two threads after each game. People would post in both because for the most part I think this board is fairly realistic and pretty much normal. Never too high or low. Sure we joke about 15-0 and skull fucking but I think the members here are fairly realistic.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-08-31, 13:01

DWags wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Maybe we need a no snowflakes allowed thread where you can talk objectively talk about the team.

I think maybe we should have two threads after each game. People would post in both because for the most part I think this board is fairly realistic and pretty much normal. Never too high or low. Sure we joke about 15-0 and skull fucking but I think the members here are fairly realistic.

15-0 is a joke to you?

Blue confirmed.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-08-31, 13:07

DWags wrote:

I can get with that.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-08-31, 13:15

I didn't think Lewerke played "well" but I'm reconsidering. He missed a couple of throws that were open, yes. But his numbers look a lot better without the stupid holds and WR drops. There were 3-4 flat out drops by guys who were relatively wide open, guys who normally catch the ball. His comp % inches towards 65, yardage totals go up north of 250, etc. And no turnovers, in a game where you know your lead is safe.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-08-31, 17:56

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I didn't think Lewerke played "well" but I'm reconsidering. He missed a couple of throws that were open, yes. But his numbers look a lot better without the stupid holds and WR drops. There were 3-4 flat out drops by guys who were relatively wide open, guys who normally catch the ball. His comp % inches towards 65, yardage totals go up north of 250, etc. And no turnovers, in a game where you know your lead is safe.

Definitely some drops that will be turned around. Practicing everyday in sunshine and empty space is way different than a packed stadium unde lights for the receivers vision. While those guys have to still focus and it’s not an excuse, I think it gets better as far as drops. Especially with White.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next