Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alabama penalizing students for leaving football games early

+11
Cameron
WhiteBoyHatcher
Wally Fairway
Jake from State Farm
AvgMSUJoe
Travis of the Cosmos
DWags
InTenSity
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
Turtleneck
15 posters

Go down

Alabama penalizing students for leaving football games early Empty Alabama penalizing students for leaving football games early

Post by Turtleneck 2019-09-13, 07:03

Alabama is penalizing students for leaving football games early. Is that normal?

I feel bad for the friend that is designated to hold all the phones that game.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Alabama penalizing students for leaving football games early Empty Re: Alabama penalizing students for leaving football games early

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-09-13, 07:12

tGreenWay was about 5 hours ahead of you in the college football thread. Of course, he doesn't sleep so he had the advantage.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Alabama penalizing students for leaving football games early Empty Re: Alabama penalizing students for leaving football games early

Post by Turtleneck 2019-09-13, 07:15

Damn it. The search function should penalize posters, too.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-09-13, 07:43

they need to be penalized for having bad haircuts.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2019-09-13, 08:39

Turtleneck wrote:Alabama is penalizing students for leaving football games early. Is that normal?

I feel bad for the friend that is designated to hold all the phones that game.
That would be kind of hilarious to see one person in the stands with 4k phones next to them.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-09-13, 08:43

See, this is a prime example of our media being negative.  Let me re-write the story:

Alabama rewarding students who stay for the whole game.

At Alabama, where the football is fantastic, even when the home team goes up by six touchdowns, and the third and fourth strings are put in the game, students are being rewarded for staying and cheering on the future of Alabama football.

A report Thursday by the New York Times found that the college football juggernaut uses location-tracking technology to support its student loyalty rewards program. The basics are simple, and a pretty good idea: Students download the Tide Loyalty Points app, if they wish to, in order to show their eagerness and school spirit, and they earn 100 points for attending a home game and then get an additional 250 if they’re still in attendance cheering on the tides back ups, rain or shine, by the fourth quarter.

The idea is that, looking at the point total of students, in order to get the most enthusiastic students better seats and closer to the team will create a great atmosphere. It will also allow those who want to leave the ability to do so, while not disrupting the eager fans, as they will be closer to the endzones and exits up high, so they won't be walking in front of the students who stay the whole game.

This is the original story.  Tell me what the difference is?  Besides attitude of the writer.

Alabama is penalizing students for leaving football games early. Is that normal?

At Alabama, where the football is only boring when the home team goes up by six touchdowns, students are being penalized if they leave a game early.

A report Thursday by the New York Times found that the college football juggernaut uses location-tracking technology to support its student loyalty rewards program. The basics are simple, and a bit eerie: Students download the Tide Loyalty Points app, earn 100 points for attending a home game and then get an additional 250 if they’re still in attendance by the fourth quarter.

The idea is that the incentive of more points will prevent students from leaving games early, something Tide Coach Nick Saban has spoken out against before and returned to this past weekend after Alabama’s 62-10 win over New Mexico State, the second week of the app.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-09-13, 08:49

Why do you look at staying the whole game as an auto positive dwags? Some of those students have to study. They are being penalized for leaving early to be better students.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-09-13, 09:00

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Why do you look at staying the whole game as an auto positive dwags? Some of those students have to study. They are being penalized for leaving early to be better students.

1. I'm not looking at this either way. I'm giving the unwashed in our society an example of how you can write stories from two aspects. This often happens with MSU vs. UofM in the Detroit media. It's very easy to do, and it doesnt take much creativity. I know we're called out many times if we point that out, but I just wanted to open up some of the less informed, like yourself, to yellow journalism. I hope this will help in the future.

2. I firmly believe, those students leaving early to further their studies, will be rewarded later in life, with a great job, great family and great income. MAYBE.

3. I hope you have a fantastic weekend and all your weekend dreams come true.

4. I love you.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-09-13, 09:09

DWags wrote:
4. I love you.

Awww... that DWAGS is one heckuva guy.

& you can tell he has a daughter.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2019-09-13, 09:12

DWags wrote:See, this is a prime example of our media being negative.  Let me re-write the story:

At Alabama, where the football is fantastic, even when the home team goes up by six touchdowns, and the third and fourth strings are put in the game, students are being rewarded for staying and cheering on the future of Alabama football.

A report Thursday by the New York Times found that the college football juggernaut uses location-tracking technology to support its student loyalty rewards program. The basics are simple, and a pretty good idea: Students download the Tide Loyalty Points app, if they wish to, in order to show their eagerness and school spirit, and they earn 100 points for attending a home game and then get an additional 250 if they’re still in attendance cheering on the tides back ups, rain or shine, by the fourth quarter.

The idea is that, looking at the point total of students, in order to get the most enthusiastic students better seats and closer to the team will create a great atmosphere. It will also allow those who want to leave the ability to do so, while not disrupting the eager fans, as they will be closer to the endzones and exits up high, so they won't be walking in front of the students who stay the whole game.

This is the original story.  Tell me what the difference is?  Besides attitude of the writer.

At Alabama, where the football is only boring when the home team goes up by six touchdowns, students are being penalized if they leave a game early.

A report Thursday by the New York Times found that the college football juggernaut uses location-tracking technology to support its student loyalty rewards program. The basics are simple, and a bit eerie: Students download the Tide Loyalty Points app, earn 100 points for attending a home game and then get an additional 250 if they’re still in attendance by the fourth quarter.

The idea is that the incentive of more points will prevent students from leaving games early, something Tide Coach Nick Saban has spoken out against before and returned to this past weekend after Alabama’s 62-10 win over New Mexico State, the second week of the app.

Are the points kind of like SpeedyRewards where 50,000 points will earn you a free refill on the soda of your choice?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-09-13, 09:14

Jake from State Farm wrote:
DWags wrote:See, this is a prime example of our media being negative.  Let me re-write the story:

Are the points kind of like SpeedyRewards where 50,000 points will earn you a free refill on the soda of your choice?

Maybe like a dental check up? possibly a free ticket to see a lethal execution of your choice? Who knows
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-09-13, 09:19

DWags wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Why do you look at staying the whole game as an auto positive dwags? Some of those students have to study. They are being penalized for leaving early to be better students.

1. I'm not looking at this either way. I'm giving the unwashed in our society an example of how you can write stories from two aspects. This often happens with MSU vs. UofM in the Detroit media. It's very easy to do, and it doesnt take much creativity. I know we're called out many times if we point that out, but I just wanted to open up some of the less informed, like yourself, to yellow journalism. I hope this will help in the future.

2. I firmly believe, those students leaving early to further their studies, will be rewarded later in life, with a great job, great family and great income. MAYBE.

4. I love you.

I love you too.

I was making a joke dwags they go to the university of Alabama. They are not leaving to study. They do not know how.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-09-13, 09:29

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
DWags wrote:

4. I love you.

I love you too.

I was making a joke dwags they go to the university of Alabama. They are not leaving to study. They do not know how.

My love for you is like the bloom of a rose, bright, red and smelly.

I was not joking at all, I believe there were some great thinkers who graduated from Alabama. To wit:

Bernie Madoff
Jim Nabors
Latrell Spreewell
Timothy Leery
Joe Scarborough
Hugo Black
Bart Starr
Mo Williams
Jeff Sessions
Don Hutson
Dabo Sweeney

Many others that a quick google search gave me. From biological engineers and researchers to actors and politicians.

Maybe, had Malik McDowell gone to Alabama, he would be a heart surgeon today.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-09-13, 09:31

Alabama penalizing students for leaving football games early 5f3dbd71f5ec9ae5a75cad1e70344bd5_400x400

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-09-13, 09:33

Alabama penalizing students for leaving football games early Saban110
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-09-13, 09:34

he's a man.. he's 40!!

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-09-13, 09:39

Wonder if his wife is selling houses for Tomi Raines down in Alabama?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2019-09-13, 09:41

Poor Nick,
He's afraid that the Tide needs the boost from the fans, late in the game when his team is beating Duke 42-3 and NMSU 62-10. I mean how disappointing it must be for the coaches and administration to look at the stands and wonder why fans are leaving these compelling competitions.

I mean SEC, SEC, SEC - how great thou art...everybody sing along
Then sings my soul, my saviour Nick, to thee
How great thou art, how great though art
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-09-13, 09:47

Saban looks like he's 20 years younger than Coach D here.

[img(1000px,800px)]https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/16842c26adbd2b48cf7f889e833ad1f28f419ea1/c=0-0-2796-2102/local/-/media/2018/05/09/USATODAY/USATODAY/636614986544612641-USATSI-9029582.jpg[[/img]

I fixed it using my mod powers

Alabama penalizing students for leaving football games early 70306210
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-09-13, 09:49

fuck it I give up
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-09-13, 10:06

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Saban looks like he's 20 years younger than Coach D here.

Alabama penalizing students for leaving football games early 636614986544612641-USATSI-9029582

extra [ on the terminal [/img]
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-09-13, 10:14

Wally Fairway wrote:Poor Nick,
He's afraid that the Tide needs the boost from the fans, late in the game when his team is beating Duke 42-3 and NMSU 62-10. I mean how disappointing it must be for the coaches and administration to look at the stands and wonder why fans are leaving these compelling competitions.

lol!!! Your post outlines why cfb attendance is down. No one wants to watch uncompetitive football.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2019-09-13, 10:15

They could always try to schedule better opponents...ah who am I kidding, they don't want to do that, they might have to travel north of the Mason-Dixie line.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-09-13, 12:21

I got an idea on how to get people to stick around schedule tougher opponents.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2019-09-13, 13:40

Are loyalty points like 247 participation points?
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-09-13, 13:59

SawGreen wrote:Are loyalty points like 247 participation points?

Collect them all!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-09-13, 14:29

Wally Fairway wrote:Poor Nick,

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-09-13, 15:28

What if you have a family emergency and have to leave. Will that result in a penalty?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-09-13, 15:35

steveschneider wrote:What if you have a family emergency and have to leave. Will that result in a penalty?

God
Football
Family

Sorry mom.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-09-13, 15:35

Do you get extra points if you show up in an adult diaper and don’t miss any of the game during bathroom breaks?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down