Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

As homage to #110, ITT we discuss Dantonio's greatest Spartan victory, and why!

+5
MiamiSpartan
Robert J Sakimano
Jake from State Farm
Wally Fairway
DWags
9 posters

Go down

As homage to #110, ITT we discuss Dantonio's greatest Spartan victory, and why!   Empty As homage to #110, ITT we discuss Dantonio's greatest Spartan victory, and why!

Post by DWags 2019-09-13, 09:11

Hell, maybe you think it was the loss to Michigan in his first year. ND miracle? Wisconsin victory by the hail mary or possibly the loss in the championship that same year.

Here's my choice, and the only time I cried in the stands at a football game. I just think it was the game that announced to the world "We're back motherfuckers, deal with us".

"We'll see who celebrating after this motherfuckin game"

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

As homage to #110, ITT we discuss Dantonio's greatest Spartan victory, and why!   Empty Re: As homage to #110, ITT we discuss Dantonio's greatest Spartan victory, and why!

Post by Wally Fairway 2019-09-13, 09:47

Clearly it is Little Giants
I'll never forget being in the stands saying "are you fucking kidding me"

IMO it was successful because of a great block by Le'Veon Bell
(and by block I mean he tackled 2 defenders to spring Gantt completely uncovered for the score)
Victory for MSU....go for the win, it did almost scare Coach D to death, as he had his heart attack that night

Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

As homage to #110, ITT we discuss Dantonio's greatest Spartan victory, and why!   Empty Re: As homage to #110, ITT we discuss Dantonio's greatest Spartan victory, and why!

Post by Jake from State Farm 2019-09-13, 10:28

Coach Dantonio's smile after the handshake is wonderful.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-09-13, 10:42

interesting debate that has many facets.

is it the greatest victory (vs. OSU to go to the Rose Bowl, in my opinion).. the most "what the fuck just happened victory" (Little Giants).. the most "what the actual fuck just happened victory" (Jalen Watts Jackson).. the victory that absolutely cements Dantonio in MSU lore forever (Rose Bowl vs. Stanford).. or possibly a total domination and embarrassment of UM (-48 yards).. the win vs Iowa which launched MSU into the CFP (we won't discuss the game vs. 'Bama)?

I think I'd agree with DWags - the Ohio State win sending us to the Rose Bowl is likely his greatest win.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-09-13, 10:48

Wally Fairway wrote:Clearly it is Little Giants
I'll never forget being in the stands saying "are you fucking kidding me"

IMO it was successful because of a great block by Le'Veon Bell
(and by block I mean he tackled 2 defenders to spring Gantt completely uncovered for the score)
Victory for MSU....go for the win, it did almost scare Coach D to death, as he had his heart attack that night

to Brian Kelly's credit, his smile and pat on the back to Danontio was pretty good, too - he knew he had been had and seemingly acknowledged it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-09-13, 10:50

I'll say Little Giants as the best DANTONIO win, because that was his gigantic brass balls call.

Other victories are bigger wins or better all around wins in the Dantonio era, but Little Giants is just so fucking Mark Dantonio.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-09-13, 11:02

All great points and hard to argue otherwise.

Damn he’s had some huge victories

Lack of NC’s be damned. He might be the best we’ve ever had.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-09-13, 11:14

DWags wrote:
Lack of NC’s be damned. He might be the best we’ve ever had.

He is.

Couch made a good point, the thing that made Duffy great was also his built in advantage, better athletes. Dantonio is actually doing it in reverse. Just proves the "coaching" aspect. AND "the greatest coach of our time" quit on this program, said it couldn't be done... yet here we are.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-09-13, 12:01

My favorite is definitely Little Giants, as it's one of the few that I attended in person. The best coaching performance was probably against OSU.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-09-13, 12:17

I was at all of these games being discussed except for JWJ. #blessed
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-09-13, 12:24

Vs Baylor. That was an unbelievable coaching job and I couldn’t believe it when we won.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down