Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is this one different?

+20
Nordic
WhiteBoyHatcher
InTenSity
Cameron
MiamiSpartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
Floyd Robertson
y2kMgrad
The Pantry
Watch Out Pylon!
Dendrobates
Jake from State Farm
steveschneider
NigelUno
Turtleneck
Robert J Sakimano
kingstonlake
Rocinante
DWags
Travis of the Cosmos
24 posters

Page 25 of 25 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25

Go down

Is this one different? - Page 25 Empty Re: Is this one different?

Post by Rocinante Fri 17 Jan 2020 - 11:59

Well now he’s defending the president. Hooray for America!
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 17 Jan 2020 - 12:11

love how mainstream media darling Alan Dershowitz - who whined about people on Martha's Vineyard being mean to him - is defending the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator.

Is this one different? - Page 25 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri 17 Jan 2020 - 12:14

Oh yeah!! And Dersh also has admitted to getting a massage at Epstein’s house. Says he kept his underwear on though. The Q-anon folks who like to say Epstein didn’t kill him self are going to have to do mental cartwheels to keep supporting Trump, and Dersh, and blaming democrats for their belief that Epstein was a hit job.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 17 Jan 2020 - 12:15

Rocinante wrote:Oh yeah!! And Dersh also has admitted to getting a massage at Epstein’s house. Says he kept his underwear on though. The Q-anon folks who like to say Epstein didn’t kill him self are going to have to do mental cartwheels to keep supporting Trump, and Dersh, and blaming democrats for their belief that Epstein was a hit job.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri 17 Jan 2020 - 12:18

But wait!! It’s all good! Dershowitz releases statement that he “voted for Hillary Clinton.”
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri 17 Jan 2020 - 12:21

I mean, really. This is onion-esque in its stupidity.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 17 Jan 2020 - 12:24

Rocinante wrote:But wait!! It’s all good! Dershowitz releases statement that he “voted for Hillary Clinton.”
so.. the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator hired someone who voted for the person he and his disgusting supporters believe should be in prison?

pretty well matches up with the level of stupidity we've become accustomed to.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 21 Jan 2020 - 10:55

here it is.. the week everyone has been waiting for... Senate republicans put their love of Putin ahead of the Constitution.

it's going to be epic to watch how the impeachment trial is dismissed so that the crime and corruption of the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator can not only be excused, but encouraged.

Is this one different? - Page 25 Giphy.gif?cid=790b76111db77e2168e0b9b050d39b9e1b9ca658ae2dedcf&rid=giphy

Is this one different? - Page 25 3493939353

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 21 Jan 2020 - 12:42

Mitch McConnell is a fucking snake.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Tue 21 Jan 2020 - 12:46

Rocinante wrote:Mitch McConnell is a fucking snake.

If the antichrist is a real thing, it's most likely McConnell.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 21 Jan 2020 - 13:22

But he’s already got a win win situation.

If the House subpoenas Bolton and others, the process is drawn out in the courts through the 2020 election and they are interfering with an election

Since they didn’t, they “rushed through” the impeachment and McConnell can say they are asking for the senate to do the job they were supposed to do.

The only other option would have been to hold off on impeachment until after the election. Which looking at the way the wind’s blowing, may have been the best bet.

Once again, Pelosi’s was thinking 12 steps ahead of the rest of us and was probably right.

I’m going to guess that we do not get any more witnesses here. All the R senators are going to vote in a block. I hope I’m wrong.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 21 Jan 2020 - 13:25

Rocinante wrote:But he’s already got a win win situation.

If the House subpoenas Bolton and others, the process is drawn out in the courts through the 2020 election and they are interfering with an election

Since they didn’t, they “rushed through” the impeachment and McConnell can say they are asking for the senate to do the job they were supposed to do.

The only other option would have been to hold off on impeachment until after the election. Which looking at the way the wind’s blowing, may have been the best bet.

Once again, Pelosi’s was thinking 12 steps ahead of the rest of us and was probably right.

I’m going to guess that we do not get any more witnesses here. All the R senators are going to vote in a block. I hope I’m wrong.
Pelosi has handled this entire process in a perfect fashion.

When you have an entire political party, who happens to be in the majority in the Senate, beholden to Russia, though, it's difficult to overcome.

We can't rely on the GOP (even a couple of members of it) to do the right thing. All us decent Americans can do in November is vote. Even then, with the collusion, interference, etc - it still might not be enough.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 21 Jan 2020 - 13:47

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Rocinante wrote:But he’s already got a win win situation.

Pelosi has handled this entire process in a perfect fashion.

When you have an entire political party, who happens to be in the majority in the Senate, beholden to Russia, though, it's difficult to overcome.

We can't rely on the GOP (even a couple of members of it) to do the right thing. All us decent Americans can do in November is vote. Even then, with the collusion, interference, etc - it still might not be enough.

Yep, Pelosi played this one to perfection. We all see what the GOP is about and the next step is in the hands of the American voter.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Tue 21 Jan 2020 - 13:54

You guys are idiots. Pelosi has made a mess of this whole shit. If she would have started the impeachment inquiry when she should have, we could literally be years ahead of where we are now. If she had issued subpoenas, then she would have some reasonable defense to the Republican criticism that she didn't try very hard to get Bolton in, so why should they?

She has bungled this at almost every turn, and suckers like you guys keep thinking she's got some grand masterstroke saved up. Enjoy the disappointment.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 21 Jan 2020 - 13:57

Schiff once again knocking it out of the park. Screaming in a hurricane.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 21 Jan 2020 - 14:24

Cameron wrote:You guys are idiots. Pelosi has made a mess of this whole shit. If she would have started the impeachment inquiry when she should have, we could literally be years ahead of where we are now. If she had issued subpoenas, then she would have some reasonable defense to the Republican criticism that she didn't try very hard to get Bolton in, so why should they?

She has bungled this at almost every turn, and suckers like you guys keep thinking she's got some grand masterstroke saved up. Enjoy the disappointment.
the disappointment that the Senate isn't going to remove the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator from office?

aww man.. I was so hopeful. Is this one different? - Page 25 502811600 Is this one different? - Page 25 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 21 Jan 2020 - 14:35

President’s counsel trotting out the same lies the republicans in the house were shouting. They have taken the famously-nazi phrase “If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it.” to heart clearly.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Tue 21 Jan 2020 - 14:39

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Cameron wrote:You guys are idiots. Pelosi has made a mess of this whole shit. If she would have started the impeachment inquiry when she should have, we could literally be years ahead of where we are now. If she had issued subpoenas, then she would have some reasonable defense to the Republican criticism that she didn't try very hard to get Bolton in, so why should they?

the disappointment that the Senate isn't going to remove the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator from office?

aww man.. I was so hopeful. Is this one different? - Page 25 502811600 Is this one different? - Page 25 502811600

The disappointment that Pelosi doesn't have something else up her sleeve and doesn't have the GOP unknowingly checkmated.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 21 Jan 2020 - 14:41

It’s just rambling incoherence.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 21 Jan 2020 - 14:55

Cameron wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

The disappointment that Pelosi doesn't have something else up her sleeve and doesn't have the GOP unknowingly checkmated.
maybe she does.. that would be pretty awesome. She's pretty sharp.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Tue 21 Jan 2020 - 14:57

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Enjoy the disappointment.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 21 Jan 2020 - 15:00

Cameron wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Enjoy the disappointment.

aww man you had me excited again.. thinkin' the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator was gonna be removed.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 21 Jan 2020 - 16:16

Now they’re arguing that they didn’t respond to the subpoenas because there was no vote in the house. Neutral
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 22 Jan 2020 - 7:49

Why are Dems so hesitant to do a straight up Hunter Biden/Bolton witness trade?

Are they trying to protect it from somehow hurting Joe Biden?

Haven't followed it closely, but I'm guessing Hunter got paid a lot of money for influence (or potential influence). While not illegal necessarily, it just exposes the reality of politics. Would that really harm Joe Biden that much?

I guess Bolton will talk eventually (on a book tour)?

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed 22 Jan 2020 - 8:19

Right now I’d take another four years of Trump in exchange for a Democratic senate and house majority. Hell fuck something up serious enough to get impeached again.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 22 Jan 2020 - 8:46

anyone else think the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator and his GOP/Putin-sponsored enablers might try to cancel the election in November?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 22 Jan 2020 - 9:00

kingstonlake wrote:Right now I’d take another four years of Trump in exchange for a Democratic senate and house majority. Hell fuck something up serious enough to get impeached again.

That might be the end game goal of this process/trial.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed 22 Jan 2020 - 9:34

I did hear that part of the reason that Schumer is forcing the vote is to also force Republicans that are up for re-election in tight races are voting no. They now have that sound bite and it can be used during the election.
I also wouldn't be opposed to new laws with impeachment, that if the WH doesn't comply with subpoena, the president is immediately censured or stripped of some powers. This white house has learned there are no consequences to not complying with the law and they continue to get a narrative out there that they can't have witnesses, while blocking the witnesses from testifying. How at least 1/3 of the US doesn't see that is amazing.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason Wed 22 Jan 2020 - 9:42

Robert J Sakimano wrote:anyone else think the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator and his GOP/Putin-sponsored enablers might try to cancel the election in November?

no chance. the only thing trump has ever "won" in his life is the 2016 election. no chance he doesn't try to do it again. his whole presidency has essentially been an extended victory tour
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed 22 Jan 2020 - 9:49

InTenSity wrote:I did hear that part of the reason that Schumer is forcing the vote is to also force Republicans that are up for re-election in tight races are voting no. They now have that sound bite and it can be used during the election.
I also wouldn't be opposed to new laws with impeachment, that if the WH doesn't comply with subpoena, the president is immediately censured or stripped of some powers. This white house has learned there are no consequences to not complying with the law and they continue to get a narrative out there that they can't have witnesses, while blocking the witnesses from testifying. How at least 1/3 of the US doesn't see that is amazing.

That might be a little extreme. I do think the argument that you should use the court system to get ignored subpoenas enforced is legit. The problem is the time it takes for the process. Maybe some sort of amendment that fast tracks the appeal process etc.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed 22 Jan 2020 - 9:50

NigelUno wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Right now I’d take another four years of Trump in exchange for a Democratic senate and house majority. Hell fuck something up serious enough to get impeached again.

That might be the end game goal of this process/trial.

Sometimes you lose the battle to win the war.

-------

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/viewtopic.php?t=21531
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 25 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum