Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial 'I got you dwags (plural)' Bucknuts Game Thread

+17
Other Teams Pursuing That
By-Tor
aualum06
I.B. Fine
Rocinante
MiamiSpartan
The Pantry
Heat Miser
WhiteBoyHatcher
kingstonlake
tGreenWay
Dendrobates
Watch Out Pylon!
steveschneider
Floyd Robertson
DWags
Nordic
21 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

tOfficial 'I got you dwags (plural)' Bucknuts Game Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: tOfficial 'I got you dwags (plural)' Bucknuts Game Thread

Post by DWags 2019-10-05, 23:39

The Pantry wrote:
DWags wrote:

I can tell by your outstanding picks week to week.
OTPT is smarter than all of us boomers. Just ask him.

Not just boomers. He’s always the smartest guy in the room. It’s a burden I’d hate to carry.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial 'I got you dwags (plural)' Bucknuts Game Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: tOfficial 'I got you dwags (plural)' Bucknuts Game Thread

Post by Wally Fairway 2019-10-05, 23:49

Pretty good game for the Spartans; except for the 2nd quarter, dropped passes, turnovers on the first 2 series, missed tackles, that wildcat call, some missed open receivers and only getting 1 TD (again).

Other than that, how was the play Mrs Lincoln?
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-10-05, 23:52

Wally Fairway wrote:Pretty good game for the Spartans; except for the 2nd quarter, dropped passes, turnovers on the first 2 series, missed tackles, that wildcat call, some missed open receivers and only getting 1 TD (again).

Honestly, I saw a ton of good things. Our offensive line is beyond horrible. But we have a top 25 team.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-10-05, 23:55

DWags wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Emotions get the best of people. Logic usually doesn’t.

I can tell by your outstanding picks week to week.

Took OSU..?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2019-10-05, 23:56

DWags wrote:
Wally Fairway wrote:Pretty good game for the Spartans; except for the 2nd quarter, dropped passes, turnovers on the first 2 series, missed tackles, that wildcat call, some missed open receivers and only getting 1 TD (again).

Honestly, I saw a ton of good things. Our offensive line is beyond horrible. But we have a top 25 team.
We have a top 25 team that won’t be ranked in the top 25 until late November. Sucks for the players but this O doesn’t do enough of the little things and yes the O line is a huge mess especially the right side
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-10-06, 00:04

By-Tor wrote:
DWags wrote:

We have a top 25 team that won’t be ranked in the top 25 until late November. Sucks for the players but this O doesn’t do enough of the little things and yes the O line is a huge mess especially the right side

And yet I hear we keep recruiting defensive guys. We have four freshmen as twos traveling with the team. I’m guessing in two years we’ll be damn good. If if if we don’t have injuries there. But I don’t get why we don’t burn a red shirt when Reid is that bad.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2019-10-06, 00:15

DWags wrote:
By-Tor wrote:We have a top 25 team that won’t be ranked in the top 25 until late November. Sucks for the players but this O doesn’t do enough of the little things and yes the O line is a huge mess especially the right side

And yet I hear we keep recruiting defensive guys. We have four freshmen as twos traveling with the team. I’m guessing in two years we’ll be damn good. If if if we don’t have injuries there. But I don’t get why we don’t burn a red shirt when Reid is that bad.
How does a 4th year player completely ignore the end lined up over him to go help double a guy inside?
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-10-06, 00:18

If she went to the play knowing and accepting that there was a 90% chance that Abe would be shot, she'd probably be able to better appreciate the good parts of the play.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-10-06, 00:22

By-Tor wrote:
DWags wrote:

How does a 4th year player completely ignore the end lined up over him to go help double a guy inside?

As he gets tired, he gets “dumber”. It’s amazing we don’t have better. Amazing.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2019-10-06, 00:32

DWags wrote:
By-Tor wrote:How does a 4th year player completely ignore the end lined up over him to go help double a guy inside?

As he gets tired, he gets “dumber”. It’s amazing we don’t have better. Amazing.
I mean at least a traffic cone will require a defensive guy to have to step around it.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-10-06, 01:06

Well shit
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-10-06, 04:34

The remainder of October looks brutal. Could lose out the rest of the month. Need our offense to improve to beat Penn State. No way we win next week. I will take the over in points and pick Wisconsin to cover.

Good opportunity to win out in November. Should beat Illinois, Rutgers and Maryland. It would be inexcusable to lose any of those. Vs Michigan is still my number one sports goal this year and we win that I’m happy.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-10-06, 09:56

7-5
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-10-06, 10:07

Turtleneck wrote:7-5

The new norm. :(
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-10-06, 10:27

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

The new norm. :(

There will never be a new Norm. There is only one norm. 

tOfficial 'I got you dwags (plural)' Bucknuts Game Thread - Page 5 Norm_Peterson_Cheers_Motion_Picture
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-10-06, 10:38

Wisconsin PSU UM?

We could beat one of them. That would be 8-4
We could lose to a dog shit team and all three of them. 6-6

Willikes doesn’t play in the bowl we go to.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-10-06, 11:52

Wisc L
PSU W
SCum W

There ain’t a damn thing that scares me about penn st or Michigan. They will struggle to put up 17pts. And neither of their defenses are in the same pay grade as osu.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2019-10-06, 12:23

I’m quite surprised there are nancies here who think we don’t have a good shot against PSU. Every game is winnable from here on out. Doesn’t mean it will happen but we will have a shot to win in every 4th Q
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-10-06, 12:28

By-Tor wrote:I’m quite surprised there are nancies here who think we don’t have a good shot against PSU.   Every game is winnable from here on out.  Doesn’t mean it will happen but we will have a shot to win in every 4th Q

5-7
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-10-06, 22:15

kingstonlake wrote:Wisc L
PSU W
SCum W

There ain’t a damn thing that scares me about penn st or Michigan. They will struggle to put up 17pts. And neither of their defenses are in the same pay grade as osu.

I kind of agree. I think Penn st is better and I give them the edge but let’s face it big ten football is a crap product and just about anything could happen. If we beat Pen state I don’t think it proves much.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-10-06, 22:16

I’d be thrilled with 8-4 year in year out as long as that includes beating ND and UofM.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-10-06, 23:19

Is ND ever getting resceduled?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-10-06, 23:30

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Is ND ever getting resceduled?

I would rather they not schedule North Dakota right now.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-10-07, 09:42

steveschneider wrote:I’d be thrilled with 8-4 year in year out as long as that includes beating ND and UofM.

8-4 seems like the ceiling
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2019-10-07, 10:29

steveschneider wrote:I’d be thrilled with 8-4 year in year out as long as that includes beating ND and UofM.
Just so you know the only ND games are 2026 and 2027, so that really doesn't matter much at all.

So you are thrilled with 8-4, meaning they can beat 2 cupcakes, Rutgers, Maryland, Indiana, a crossover patsy (Illinois, Purdue, etc) and go 2-4 against the rest of the schedule and that thrills you.

Man you suck

I get it the offense is bad - and by that I mean at scoring touchdowns, with 3 games this year in which they've scored one. But I guess you think that's forever, and MSU will never beat Michy, Penn State or another decent team ever again.

Fans like you are now saying....Well basketball season starts in 4 weeks
(so we are Duke/Kansas/Gonzaga/etc now....fuck that)

Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2019-10-07, 11:16

OSU might be the #1 team in the country and certainly looks like a lock for the Playoff's. I think we have a good chance at beating most of the teams left, the only one I'm worried about is Wisky. Looking at the schedule I see they are next, so I'm assuming next Saturday night everyone is going to be calling for Dantonio's head and now the game has passed him by. 9-3, with a NYD Bowl.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-10-07, 12:40

Wally Fairway wrote:
Just so you know the only ND games are 2026 and 2027, so that really doesn't matter much at all.

So you are thrilled with 8-4, meaning they can beat 2 cupcakes, Rutgers, Maryland, Indiana, a crossover patsy (Illinois, Purdue, etc) and go 2-4 against the rest of the schedule and that thrills you.

Man you suck

I get it the offense is bad - and by that I mean at scoring touchdowns, with 3 games this year in which they've scored one. But I guess you think that's forever, and MSU will never beat Michy, Penn State or another decent team ever again.

All I care about is beating Michigan. We win that game in Ann Arbor I’ll write it off as a good season. We lose then it’s a dissapointing season. The whole bowl $ystem is boring to me and don’t care much about what bowl we qualify for at this point. If a kid has pro talent I don’t blame them for skipping the trip and making preparations for the draft. Go Green.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-10-07, 14:16

steveschneider wrote:
Wally Fairway wrote:

Man you suck

All I care about is beating Michigan. We win that game in Ann Arbor I’ll write it off as a good season. We lose then it’s a dissapointing season. The whole bowl $ystem is boring to me and don’t care much about what bowl we qualify for at this point. If a kid has pro talent I don’t blame them for skipping the trip and making preparations for the draft. Go Green.
#TeamCameron
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-10-07, 14:30

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

#TeamCameron

Beating Michigan is my #1 sports goal for 2019. After last year that game means a lot. Do not want to drop two straight to them.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-10-07, 15:48

steveschneider wrote:
Wally Fairway wrote:

Man you suck

Beating um is the biggest thing, but it’s not the only thing. Kindly shed your loser’s mentality.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-10-07, 16:17

tGreenWay wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Beating um is the biggest thing, but it’s not the only thing. Kindly shed your loser’s mentality.

I'll accept any combination of W/L record as long as we beat UofM. Win out or only beat them all good as long as long as we win in A2.

I'll be disappointed with any combination of wins and losses if we lose to them. ie we win every remaining game but lose to them.

Go Green!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-10-07, 16:33

steveschneider wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I'll accept any combination of W/L record as long as we beat UofM. Win out or only beat them all good as long as long as we win in A2.

I'll be disappointed with any combination of wins and losses if we lose to them. ie we win every remaining game but lose to them.

Go Green!

#TeamCameron #FuckingSteve
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-10-07, 18:25

tGreenWay wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Go Green!

Yeah, at this point, I assume Steve is just trying to troll us about this. Which is pretty weak that one of our regulars is going to bother with that schticky nonsense. Feels like a sports version of Bill Cain's posts. Steve = Bill?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-10-07, 18:33

MiamiSpartan wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Yeah, at this point, I assume Steve is just trying to troll us about this. Which is pretty weak that one of our regulars is going to bother with that schticky nonsense. Feels like a sports version of Bill Cain's posts. Steve = Bill?

Well, Steve is the only one to respond to Bill’s latest ridiculous thread.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-10-07, 18:46

Steve i will not bash your opinion you do you bro
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-10-07, 19:02

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Steve i will not bash your opinion you do you bro

Was this a humblebash?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2019-10-07, 20:19

tGreenWay wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

tOfficial 'I got you dwags (plural)' Bucknuts Game Thread - Page 5 C1612110
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-10-07, 21:34

So here’s the real question. Both scenarios we don’t make the playoffs.

9-3 with loses to asu, western and Wisconsin and we go to the BTCG win and go to the Rosebowl

11-1 with our loss being to Michigan and we win the BTCG and go to the rosebowl.

You get your choice.

What’s it going to be?

(And you don’t get to say “but if we did this we’d be in this”). It’s my scenario)
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2019-10-07, 22:02

DWags wrote:So here’s the real question. Both scenarios we don’t make the playoffs.

9-3 with loses to asu, western and Wisconsin and we go to the BTCG win and go to the Rosebowl

11-1 with our loss being to Michigan and we win the BTCG and go to the rosebowl.

You get your choice.

What’s it going to be?

(And you don’t get to say “but if we did this we’d be in this”). It’s my scenario)
Did osu forfeit in one of those scenarios?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-10-07, 22:39

DWags wrote:So here’s the real question. Both scenarios we don’t make the playoffs.

You get your choice.

What’s it going to be?

11-1 any day of the week. Not sure how it is even a question.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next