Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tThis is the official game thread you dumb asses thread

+14
Travis of the Cosmos
Watch Out Pylon!
I.B. Fine
InTenSity
Turtleneck
Cameron
tGreenWay
kingstonlake
Bill Cain
GRR Spartan
steveschneider
Other Teams Pursuing That
AvgMSUJoe
DWags
18 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

tThis is the official game thread you dumb asses thread - Page 4 Empty Re: tThis is the official game thread you dumb asses thread

Post by Cameron Wed 6 Nov 2019 - 15:01

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Anytime I saw Kithier with the ball in his hands, I sighed.

Yeah not sure how you could not miss ward. He was playing very well offensively before his hand injury. Interior scoring outside of Tillman could be tough.

Maybe I'm just a hater. Wouldn't be the first time.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tThis is the official game thread you dumb asses thread - Page 4 Empty Re: tThis is the official game thread you dumb asses thread

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 6 Nov 2019 - 15:14

Cameron wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Yeah not sure how you could not miss ward. He was playing very well offensively before his hand injury. Interior scoring outside of Tillman could be tough.

Maybe I'm just a hater. Wouldn't be the first time.

Ward couldn’t guard anybody so maybe that’s where it came from. Or the fact that he always had one foot out the door of MSU and one in the dog house.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 6 Nov 2019 - 15:58

steveschneider wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Without Langford = worse

With Hauser = better

With Hauser and Langford = Natty

Wish Ward had stuck around.

This.

13 points and 6 rebounds/game last year. This team desperately needs another scoring option.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 6 Nov 2019 - 16:04

NigelUno wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

This.

13 points and 6 rebounds/game last year. This team desperately needs another scoring option.

And a shooter to stretch the floor. Maybe their players were just elite defenders but they made Winston look very un-Winston vs last years Cassius Winston that blew my almost every game.

Also, I have to keep telling myself this is game one. MSU often looks like this game one every year. I think part of it is I'm just so starved for a big MSU win since our football team sucks.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed 6 Nov 2019 - 16:07

NigelUno wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

This.

We shot like ass and still got to 62 against a team whose defense is supposed to be solid (I believe, please correct me if not). If those open looks start to fall, we'll score plenty of points. And we won't have to worry about the ball sticking with a 6'8" guy while he tries to back down a double team.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 6 Nov 2019 - 16:08

steveschneider wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

And a shooter to stretch the floor. Maybe their players were just elite defenders but they made Winston look very un-Winston vs last years Cassius Winston that blew my almost every game.

Also, I have to keep telling myself this is game one. MSU often looks like this game one every year. I think part of it is I'm just so starved for a big MSU win since our football team sucks.

There’s no reason to believe Rocket’s shots won’t start falling. The game at this level is brand new to him. That will help X and Cash significantly. Henry is going to keep blossoming, too. I want to see X and Bingham together underneath the basket or crashing the boards on both O & D. What a combo.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 6 Nov 2019 - 16:24

Cameron wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

We shot like ass and still got to 62 against a team whose defense is supposed to be solid (I believe, please correct me if not). If those open looks start to fall, we'll score plenty of points. And we won't have to worry about the ball sticking with a 6'8" guy while he tries to back down a double team.

We know what Ward is. Hall, Marble, Bingham, and even Kithier are all a little unknown at this point.

Would be nice to have another scoring option.

If we're just going to jack 3s and hope they fall, we're going to lose some games. Ward had touch around the basket. Not sure I've seen that from Hall or Marble yet.

I'd take 20 minutes of Ward in a second.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 6 Nov 2019 - 17:41

I’m not gonna make any broad conclusions about the game last night till January....... except college officiating. Kids are too fast and quick for officials I think.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 6 Nov 2019 - 23:06

November 10th is the next game. I’m desperate for an MSU victory. Hoping our men’s football team can deliver it on the 9th.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 7 Nov 2019 - 0:12

steveschneider wrote:November 10th is the next game. I’m desperate for an MSU victory. Hoping our men’s football team can deliver it on the 9th.

No matter what happens, we have each other.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4