Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FTR. We have talent to work with.

+7
MiamiSpartan
aualum06
pulling69
steveschneider
Other Teams Pursuing That
NigelUno
DWags
11 posters

Go down

FTR.  We have talent to work with.   Empty FTR. We have talent to work with.

Post by DWags Sat 9 Nov 2019 - 23:42

it’s there. We won’t suck.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

FTR.  We have talent to work with.   Empty Re: FTR. We have talent to work with.

Post by NigelUno Sat 9 Nov 2019 - 23:50

I really needed a beer.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

FTR.  We have talent to work with.   Empty Re: FTR. We have talent to work with.

Post by DWags Sat 9 Nov 2019 - 23:58

Yeah. Me too.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun 10 Nov 2019 - 0:31

Just need someone who is capable to work with it. Who’d be your realistic #1 choice d wags?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun 10 Nov 2019 - 0:38

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Just need someone who is capable to work with it. Who’d be your realistic #1 choice d wags?

Man I have no idea. I just don’t think it’s one size fits all. Dantonio was lightening in a bottle. I’d love to catch it again but I don’t know who I’d hire. I really do think he’s going to do what’s best for MSU and not him
That’s why I wouldn’t pile on here. I don’t want to be that guy. Let it ride out. Pray Izzo is on a committee to choose and it works out. I’m so far away from anything I wouldn’t dare speculate
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sun 10 Nov 2019 - 0:42

One thing that is driving me nuts about tonight’s game is the end of the second half. I’m kind of driven nuts about how conservative big ten football is but before the second half MSU comes out aggressive trying to score when they could melt the clock and go into the tunnel. Well it doesn’t go so well they throw an interception and Illinois score seven with a ridiculous throw. The right move there was to melt the clock and go to the second half but by golly i really was hoping to see the aggressive play calling pay off.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun 10 Nov 2019 - 0:48

D wags this guy really doesn’t like you on rcmb huh
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun 10 Nov 2019 - 0:51

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:D wags this guy really doesn’t like you on rcmb huh

I thought he was Nucky once. Oh my goodness he wanted to fight me. I really felt bad. But I just called him Nucky. He lost it. But yeah. Wow.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 Sun 10 Nov 2019 - 1:06

Dime is a good dude, just a really bad drunk.
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sun 10 Nov 2019 - 1:12

steveschneider wrote:One thing that is driving me nuts about tonight’s game is the end of the second half. I’m kind of driven nuts about how conservative big ten football is but before the second half MSU comes out aggressive trying to score when they could melt the clock and go into the tunnel. Well it doesn’t go so well they throw an interception and Illinois score seven with a ridiculous throw. The right move there was to melt the clock and go to the second half but by golly i really was hoping to see the aggressive play calling pay off.

Easily should have been 35-3 and miraculously was 28-10
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sun 10 Nov 2019 - 7:33

aualum06 wrote:
steveschneider wrote:One thing that is driving me nuts about tonight’s game is the end of the second half. I’m kind of driven nuts about how conservative big ten football is but before the second half MSU comes out aggressive trying to score when they could melt the clock and go into the tunnel. Well it doesn’t go so well they throw an interception and Illinois score seven with a ridiculous throw. The right move there was to melt the clock and go to the second half but by golly i really was hoping to see the aggressive play calling pay off.

Yeah at the end of the day we win if control the clock there but then again that’s the whole should of, could of, would of rabbit hole you go down after a game like that.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sun 10 Nov 2019 - 7:47

aualum06 wrote:

Miraculously is the right word. As was the 4th down as the QB just heaves ut up as he's about to get nailed. I guess when you have Santa Claus coaching you, some magic dust here and there is possible.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sun 10 Nov 2019 - 8:32

MiamiSpartan wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

Miraculously is the right word. As was the 4th down as the QB just heaves ut up as he's about to get nailed. I guess when you have Santa Claus coaching you, some magic dust here and there is possible.

I love Lovie Smith the hatred and ridicule sent his way last two seasons was off the charts. Dude can coach and is also a reason I think Jim Caldwell would do a great job in college. Why? because he had a winning record as a Lions Head Coach.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Sun 10 Nov 2019 - 10:17

Lovie Smith got hired to a job a majority of young coaches wouldn’t touch with a 10 foot pole. With the exception of John Makovic who left town for the Texas job, Champaign-Urbana has been a graveyard for coaching careers for almost 70 years.

Contrary to the gloom and doom some Spartan “fans” are talking, Dantonio proved MSU can have win 10 games (or more) and win Big Ten Championships. Hiring 64 year old Jim Caldwell (will be 65 in Jan) isn’t a fit for MSU because it’s facing different issues than The Illini.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sun 10 Nov 2019 - 10:35

GRR Spartan wrote:Lovie Smith got hired to a job a majority of young coaches wouldn’t touch with a 10 foot pole. With the exception of John Makovic who left town for the Texas job, Champaign-Urbana has been a graveyard for coaching careers for almost 70 years.

Contrary to the gloom and doom some Spartan “fans” are talking, Dantonio proved MSU can have win 10 games (or more) and win Big Ten Championships. Hiring 64 year old Jim Caldwell (will be 65 in Jan) isn’t a fit for MSU because it’s facing different issues than The Illini.

Probably right and good points all around. I do think he’d do a good job at some place. He has a proven track record of improving QBs (Flacco, Manning, Stafford) and if someone feels fit and able for the job at 65/66 why not? Ageism could hold a school back from a great coach.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Sun 10 Nov 2019 - 12:28

pulling69 wrote:Dime is a good dude, just a really bad drunk.

Uhh okay. He seems like a gigantic asshole. Also seems to have short man syndrome.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 Sun 10 Nov 2019 - 15:47

Death Roe wrote:

Uhh okay. He seems like a gigantic asshole. Also seems to have short man syndrome.

Like I say, bad drunk....He actually is a tall guy, he did offer up his condo for me to crash in for free for the weekend a few years ago when he wasn't there and I turned him down as I already had a place booked.
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun 10 Nov 2019 - 16:24

DWags wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:D wags this guy really doesn’t like you on rcmb huh

I thought he was Nucky once. Oh my goodness he wanted to fight me. I really felt bad. But I just called him Nucky. He lost it. But yeah. Wow.

I was going to ask for a link, but then went over there. Holy shit, that freak has a real chubby for you, DWags. FTR.  We have talent to work with.   1966794946
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun 10 Nov 2019 - 16:25

No idea who he is, but no one gets that abusive when drunk without having serious anger and other mental health issues. #whackjob
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sun 10 Nov 2019 - 16:51

so.... not a great guy to have a beer with?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sun 10 Nov 2019 - 17:04

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Haha!!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 Sun 10 Nov 2019 - 18:31

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

A beer or a few, probably. No idea how much he slams when he gets his rants going on the other place....Probably a high number LOL
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down