Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disturbing. Super bug resistant to antibiotics

+6
tGreenWay
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
Travis of the Cosmos
steveschneider
DWags
10 posters

Go down

Disturbing.   Super bug resistant to antibiotics  Empty Disturbing. Super bug resistant to antibiotics

Post by DWags Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:02 am

Run and hide. Oh, and quit taking antibiotics for colds and flu.
Just heal naturally sometimes

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/4180317002
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Disturbing.   Super bug resistant to antibiotics  Empty Re: Disturbing. Super bug resistant to antibiotics

Post by steveschneider Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:21 am

Last job I worked the office culture was super germaphobic and every time some one got sick they’d get anti biotics. It’s like just get some chicken soup and rest you moron.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Disturbing.   Super bug resistant to antibiotics  Empty Re: Disturbing. Super bug resistant to antibiotics

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:22 am

Abdul el Sayed, of lost in the Democratic governor primary last year and former health commissioner of Detroit fame, has a podcast with an episode talking superbugs. The whole thing is worth a listen but that episode is topical here.

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/cadence13/america-dissected-2
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:26 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Abdul el Sayed, of lost in the Democratic governor primary last year and former health commissioner of Detroit fame, has a podcast with an episode talking superbugs. The whole thing is worth a listen but that episode is topical here.

Might give that a listen. Thanks for the link. I see him on CNN from time to time now. His profile has definitely been elevated.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:28 am

I have a compromised immune system so this is kind of f'd up.

I get a flu and pneumonia shot.. do the best I can staying healthy and avoiding sick people. Other than that, a lot of it seems like total chance.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:01 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I have a compromised immune system so this is kind of f'd up.

I get a flu and pneumonia shot.. do the best I can staying healthy and avoiding sick people. Other than that, a lot of it seems like total chance.

I apologize for spitting on your doorknob.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:51 am

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I have a compromised immune system so this is kind of f'd up.

that's not what you called it the other night..  Disturbing.   Super bug resistant to antibiotics  3434560931
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:54 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

that's not what you called it the other night..  Disturbing.   Super bug resistant to antibiotics  3434560931

I specifically did not write: I apologize for licking your doorknob the other night in order to prevent the type of response you replied with, anyway. Disturbing.   Super bug resistant to antibiotics  502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:58 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Abdul el Sayed, of lost in the Democratic governor primary last year and former health commissioner of Detroit fame, has a podcast with an episode talking superbugs. The whole thing is worth a listen but that episode is topical here.

Downloaded... Will check it out
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:24 pm

Wife just got diagnosed with walking pneumonia. They prescribed some azithromycin. Hopefully that cures it.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:36 pm

Jake from State Farm wrote:Wife just got diagnosed with walking pneumonia. They prescribed some azithromycin. Hopefully that cures it.

Hope she’s on her feet soon, Jake. Oh wait. If it’s walking pneumonia, shouldn’t she be off her feet? I don’t know, but I hope she’s feeling 100% soon.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:49 pm

Jake from State Farm wrote:Wife just got diagnosed with walking pneumonia. They prescribed some azithromycin. Hopefully that cures it.

That shit is no joke. I hope she gets better soon.

My in-laws are the type of people where if you are sick, you need antibiotics. Hubby and I have told them so many times that it's worse if you dont need it. You just cant change their mindset. And they have the docs who will do it every time.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:55 pm

Told this story before.  Got a sinus infection maybe 25 years ago after never having one.  Went to the doc and got prescribed an antibiotic.  Knocked out the infection but it came back 3-4 months later.  Got prescribed another antibiotic.  It worked but got another sinus infection 3-4 months later.  Pattern repeated itself for maybe a year and a half.  

Wyff had started seeing a chiropractor for lower back issues.  Decided to see him when my next sinus infection occurred.  Call it bullshit but the infection went away without antibiotics.  Had one sinus infection about 5 years later and it went away on its own.  Haven't had another sinus infection since.

Make no mistake.  I'm not pumping chiropractic, but it worked for me when politically correct medicine did not.  I gave up on chiropractic after a couple short episodes of vertigo that occurred minutes after leaving his office after neck adjustments.  Haven't had vertigo since.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:08 pm

The Pantry wrote:Told this story before.  Got a sinus infection maybe 25 years ago after never having one.  Went to the doc and got prescribed an antibiotic.  Knocked out the infection but it came back 3-4 months later.  Got prescribed another antibiotic.  It worked but got another sinus infection 3-4 months later.  Pattern repeated itself for maybe a year and a half.  

Wyff had started seeing a chiropractor for lower back issues.  Decided to see him when my next sinus infection occurred.  Call it bullshit but the infection went away without antibiotics.  Had one sinus infection about 5 years later and it went away on its own.  Haven't had another sinus infection since.

Make no mistake.  I'm not pumping chiropractic, but it worked for me when politically correct medicine did not.  I gave up on chiropractic after a couple short episodes of vertigo that occurred minutes after leaving his office after neck adjustments.  Haven't had vertigo since.

Chiro has it's place in things. Those that sell it has a cure all are quacks. As are the many who preach anti vac make it look even worse. Those fuckers. Hubby is great at his job, but has unfortunately worked for many of the shitty chiros. It sucks MI has so many of them.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down