Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is How You Become a Blue Ribbon Winning Beer

+9
NigelUno
Senior Dickfist
tGreenWay
DWags
InTenSity
duffy munn
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
steveschneider
13 posters

Go down

This is How You Become a Blue Ribbon Winning Beer Empty This is How You Become a Blue Ribbon Winning Beer

Post by steveschneider 2019-11-14, 15:16

Shocked

https://www.wsaw.com/fox/content/news/Minnesota-store-sells-out-of-PBR-99-pack-in-under-24-hours-564924862.html

This is How You Become a Blue Ribbon Winning Beer 1486952199 This is How You Become a Blue Ribbon Winning Beer 1486952199 This is How You Become a Blue Ribbon Winning Beer 1486952199 This is How You Become a Blue Ribbon Winning Beer 1486952199 This is How You Become a Blue Ribbon Winning Beer 1486952199

This is How You Become a Blue Ribbon Winning Beer 969504605
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

This is How You Become a Blue Ribbon Winning Beer Empty Re: This is How You Become a Blue Ribbon Winning Beer

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-11-14, 15:19

$0.61 a can is pretty good. Very cheap hangover.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

This is How You Become a Blue Ribbon Winning Beer Empty Re: This is How You Become a Blue Ribbon Winning Beer

Post by steveschneider 2019-11-14, 15:24

Floyd Robertson wrote:$0.61 a can is pretty good. Very cheap hangover.

I'd have to tie it to the roof of my Prius just to get it home.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-11-14, 15:26

hell, yeah.

Top Five Beers That Taste Like Beer:

1. Old Style
2. Stroh's
3. PBR
4. High Life
5. Coors Banquet Beer

if you're interested in the Monk's Breath Double Bock Blueberry Grizzly Bear Mosaic Dry-Hopped Imperial, that's cool - just don't be upset when someone like me smirks at you.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-11-14, 15:28

Robert J Sakimano wrote:hell, yeah.

1. Old Style
2. Stroh's
3. PBR
4. High Life
5. Coors Banquet Beer

if you're interested in the Monk's Breath Double Bock Blueberry Grizzly Bear Mosaic Dry-Hopped Imperial, that's cool - just don't be upset when someone like me smirks at you.

Where do they sell Old Style? I should buy a case when I'm in town for the holidays.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-11-14, 15:32

steveschneider wrote:

1. Old Style
2. Stroh's
3. PBR
4. High Life
5. Coors Banquet Beer

Where do they sell Old Style? I should buy a case when I'm in town for the holidays.
Oades by Dagwood's.

they almost always have six pack bottles and usually have 24 oz cans. Every now and then you can find a 12 pack of cans.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-11-14, 15:37

1. Old Style
2. Stroh's
3. PBR
4. High Life
5. Coors Banquet Beer

I could drink the living shit out of four of those beers. PBR being the exception.

Last edited by duffy munn on 2019-11-14, 15:41; edited 1 time in total
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-11-14, 15:39

Bob, you should try some German lagers. Tastes like real beer.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-11-14, 15:42

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Oades by Dagwood's.

they almost always have six pack bottles and usually have 24 oz cans. Every now and then you can find a 12 pack of cans.

I miss the Old Style can sundays at Dags. The almost made watching the Lions bearable.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2019-11-14, 15:47

I don't know about the Blueberry, but the Monk's breath double bock grizzly bear mosaic dry-hopped imperial sounds like a mix of a Belgian tripel and a quad IPA.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-11-14, 15:53

1. Bud light at wags tailgate
2. Stroh's
3. PBR
4. High Life
5. Coors Banquet Beer

Fixed it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-11-14, 15:54

I mean I grew up on Strohs. From age 13 to 18 it was a good friend.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-11-14, 15:56

DWags wrote:

2. Stroh's
3. PBR
4. High Life
5. Coors Banquet Beer

Fixed it.

I've always been a full flavored Budweiser guy. That would be the top of my list for watery domestic.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-11-14, 15:56

Just give me Two Hearted and I’m as happy as a bird in a bath.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 2019-11-14, 15:58

I never cared for PBR, but I used to kill the banquet beer.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-11-14, 16:11

Senior Dickfist wrote:I never cared for PBR, but I used to kill the banquet beer.

How's your health Senior Dickfist?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-11-14, 16:53

1. Old Style
2. Stroh's
3. PBR
4. High Life
5. Coors Banquet Beer

Hamm’s?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 2019-11-14, 17:05

steveschneider wrote:
Senior Dickfist wrote:I never cared for PBR, but I used to kill the banquet beer.

I'm doing ok, Steve. I appreciate you asking. Haven't had a drop of alcohol since late July. I'm having diabetic complications as a side effect of my previous indiscretions, but they're hopefully treatable. I'm back down to my college weight, but the ratio of muscle to fat is sadly the inverse.

On a side note, I do find it funny that I'm talking about this in a beer thread...and it actually doesn't give me the desire to drink. Before I would have cracked 1 or 12 beers before I read this thread.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-11-14, 17:05

I've seen a lot of beers batted around in this thread but two call outs -

None of them have a blue ribbon and none of them come in a Family Sized 99 Pack. PBR FTW!!!!!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-11-14, 17:06

DWags wrote:

2. Stroh's
3. PBR
4. High Life
5. Coors Banquet Beer

Fixed it.
This is How You Become a Blue Ribbon Winning Beer 502811600

The company made it more tolerable.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-11-14, 17:07

NigelUno wrote:

1. Old Style
2. Stroh's
3. PBR
4. High Life
5. Coors Banquet Beer

Hamm’s?
I'd but it at 6 or 7. Toss up with Blatz.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-11-14, 17:08

duffy munn wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Oades by Dagwood's.

I miss the Old Style can sundays at Dags. The almost made watching the Lions bearable.
I miss dollar Old Styles too. Gotta check with Margie on wtf is up with that.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-11-14, 17:10

Senior Dickfist wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I'm doing ok, Steve. I appreciate you asking. Haven't had a drop of alcohol since late July. I'm having diabetic complications as a side effect of my previous indiscretions, but they're hopefully treatable. I'm back down to my college weight, but the ratio of muscle to fat is sadly the inverse.

On a side note, I do find it funny that I'm talking about this in a beer thread...and it actually doesn't give me the desire to drink. Before I would have cracked 1 or 12 beers before I read this thread.

Keep grinding.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-11-14, 17:12

Senior Dickfist wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

good to hear.

Hang tight! Reach out if you ever need some support.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-11-14, 17:27

Senior Dickfist wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Any time, rooting for you man. Tough to keep a good Spartan down!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-11-14, 18:46

1. Old Style
2. Stroh's
3. PBR
4. High Life
5. Coors Banquet Beer

I'm in Chicago Bob. Want me to pick you up some Old Style?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-11-14, 19:00

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

1. Old Style
2. Stroh's
3. PBR
4. High Life
5. Coors Banquet Beer

I'm in Chicago Bob. Want me to pick you up some Old Style?
no, thanks. I can get cans/bottles in EL.

Would be sweet, though, to know where the first spot is, between East Lansing and Chicago, I could get Old Style on draft.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-11-14, 19:17

NigelUno wrote:

1. Old Style
2. Stroh's
3. PBR
4. High Life
5. Coors Banquet Beer

Hamm’s?

Hamms was my Dad's beer of choice back in the day. Pretty sure it's the reason I was conceived.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-11-14, 20:34

Senior Dickfist wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Seems like all of this could’ve been avoided if you’d been taught to count properly. See, and you might know this now, twelve does not follow one. It’s one, two, and so on until you eventually get to twelve. Your teacher failed you, Dickfist.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2019-11-15, 09:14

steveschneider wrote:

here is a "useful" tool, and a fine example of how the internet makes your life just a little bit better

https://oldstylebeer.myshopify.com/apps/store-locator/

10+ locations in the greater Lansing area have Old Style
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-11-15, 13:52

Wally Fairway wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

here is a "useful" tool, and a fine example of how the internet makes your life just a little bit better

I’m kind of a Luddite these days. I think I’m content to ride out the rest of my days with 2010 technology. I’ve stopped trying to keep up.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-11-15, 14:04

steveschneider wrote:
Wally Fairway wrote:

I’m kind of a Luddite these days. I think I’m content to ride out the rest of my days with 2010 technology. I’ve stopped trying to keep up.

I think a strong argument could be made that western society peaked at the flip phone era.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-11-15, 16:21

steveschneider wrote:
Wally Fairway wrote:

No kidding. You don’t even believe what you read on Facebook. Crazy.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2019-11-16, 07:36

Bob, want me to pick this beer up for you?

This is How You Become a Blue Ribbon Winning Beer 20191110
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-11-16, 08:15

InTenSity wrote:Bob, want me to pick this beer up for you?

I bought one of their ciders last time I was in Michigan. ‘The Dudes Rug’. I dig their work.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-11-16, 16:05

This is How You Become a Blue Ribbon Winning Beer 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-11-16, 16:32

Bought cases of Strohs 16 ounce longnecks at Shoprite (Trowbridge & Harrison) for $5 freshman year.

Hamms was good. Remember liking Old Milwaukee. Gonna look for that next trip to the beer store.

Wonder what happened to Goebels?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-11-16, 19:12

I'm friends with the B Nektar guys. They are doing quite well for themselves.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-11-16, 19:19

The Pantry wrote:Bought cases of Strohs 16 ounce longnecks at Shoprite (Trowbridge & Harrison) for $5 freshman year.

Hamms was good. Remember liking Old Milwaukee. Gonna look for that next trip to the beer store.

Wonder what happened to Goebels?

Supposedly committed suicide, but probably fled to Argentina and started a brewery.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-11-16, 19:20

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

I'm friends with the B Nektar guys. They are doing quite well for themselves.

Well la dee da.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down