Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SEC/ACC Sideline Coaching

5 posters

Go down

SEC/ACC Sideline Coaching Empty SEC/ACC Sideline Coaching

Post by steveschneider 2019-12-02, 15:33

I watched Alabama Auburn the other day and I was amazed how many coordinators those teams have on the sidelines. It's like there's a coach for every player. During the time outs you see them and they're all coaching. I saw the same thing with Notre Dame the other year when they made the playoffs. There were coaches all over the fucking place in green, gold and blue coaching the team.

When I watch our side line I see the usual trainers, Dantonio and maybe a coach or two. I'm no football expert but it looks like to me we are a few coaches shy a national championship contender. I've noticed most of this year we've talking about how their needs to be some changes and I'm thinking maybe we just need more coaches? scratch
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

SEC/ACC Sideline Coaching Empty Re: SEC/ACC Sideline Coaching

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-12-02, 15:51

while I get what you're saying, I'm less concerned about the quantity of our coaching and more concerned about the quality.

let's get the right coaches in place and then we can assign them an individual player.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-12-02, 16:22

Bob is right. Ten more Brad Salems walking around out there is no kind of solution to our problems.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-12-02, 16:23

steveschneider wrote:I watched Alabama Auburn the other day and I was amazed how many coordinators those teams have on the sidelines. It's like there's a coach for every player. During the time outs you see them and they're all coaching. I saw the same thing with Notre Dame the other year when they made the playoffs. There were coaches all over the fucking place in green, gold and blue coaching the team.

When I watch our side line I see the usual trainers, Dantonio and maybe a coach or two. I'm no football expert but it looks like to me we are a few coaches shy a national championship contender. I've noticed most of this year we've talking about how their needs to be some changes and I'm thinking maybe we just need more coaches? scratch

You can only have 10 official coaches that coach players. But...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/when-college-football-powers-want-more-coaches-than-rules-allow-they-call-them-analysts/2018/12/21/73465ecc-0530-11e9-b6a9-0aa5c2fcc9e4_story.html

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/article163255778.html

Obviously Nick can pull top talent (usually coaches that have been fired) and pay them as "quality control analysts". They are not on the field coaching players though. Usually a stop gap till their next gig or they take over a spot on Bama's coaching staff at the end of the year. Pretty sure Sarkisian did this. I have no idea how many MSU has.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-12-02, 16:28

Nordic wrote:
steveschneider wrote:I watched Alabama Auburn the other day and I was amazed how many coordinators those teams have on the sidelines. It's like there's a coach for every player. During the time outs you see them and they're all coaching. I saw the same thing with Notre Dame the other year when they made the playoffs. There were coaches all over the fucking place in green, gold and blue coaching the team.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/when-college-football-powers-want-more-coaches-than-rules-allow-they-call-them-analysts/2018/12/21/73465ecc-0530-11e9-b6a9-0aa5c2fcc9e4_story.html

Obviously Nick can pull top talent (usually coaches that have been fired) and pay them as "quality control analysts". They are not on the field coaching players though. Usually a stop gap till their next gig or they take over a spot on Bama's coaching staff at the end of the year. Pretty sure Sarkisian did this. I have no idea how many MSU has.

Excellent post. I had a feeling there has to be a limit to the amount of coaches allowed and looks like the SEC is always one step ahead of the game finding another loop hole. All I know is whenever I see these teams the sidelines looks nothing like what I've ever seen in East Lansing.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-12-02, 16:30

Nordic wrote:

IIRC, Dean Altobelli was a QC analyst or consultant or whatever for a short while at Bama.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-12-02, 16:37

Cameron wrote:Bob is right. Ten more Brad Salems walking around out there is no kind of solution to our problems.

Perhaps Brad Salem is taking on more than he can chew? Maybe if we reduce his responsibilities he could be more effective.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-12-02, 17:50

Those aren’t coaches, Steve, they’re trigger therapists. Everyone knows Saban and Kelly are screamers.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down