Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Fly Paper the greatest invention of all time?

+6
tGreenWay
Robert J Sakimano
Jake from State Farm
DWags
steveschneider
kingstonlake
10 posters

Go down

Is Fly Paper the greatest invention of all time? Empty Is Fly Paper the greatest invention of all time?

Post by kingstonlake 2019-12-17, 10:28

Stands the test of time. Can’t really argue there’s a better way to kills flies indoors. Works every time. No improvements on the original design.

Looking for validation.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Is Fly Paper the greatest invention of all time? Empty Re: Is Fly Paper the greatest invention of all time?

Post by steveschneider 2019-12-17, 10:41

I've had mixed results with fly paper.

Works well for fruit flies. I've seen regular house flies just swerve around it or land on it and then take off. Maybe I was buying the cheap generic fly paper at the dollar store and not the superior name brand fly paper at the local hardware store.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Is Fly Paper the greatest invention of all time? Empty Re: Is Fly Paper the greatest invention of all time?

Post by DWags 2019-12-17, 10:52

steveschneider wrote:I've had mixed results with fly paper.

Works well for fruit flies. I've seen regular house flies just swerve around it or land on it and then take off. Maybe I was buying the cheap generic fly paper at the dollar store and not the superior name brand fly paper at the local hardware store.

Steve, I can only imagine your day. Smoking some angel dust, contemplating Loyer for Winston, then staring at fly paper watching flies land on it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-12-17, 11:01

DWags wrote:
steveschneider wrote:I've had mixed results with fly paper.

Steve, I can only imagine your day. Smoking some angel dust, contemplating Loyer for Winston, then staring at fly paper watching flies land on it.

Not a complete picture, there's that post I put up this morning about making a shepherd's pie this weekend. Hopefully that can be the leading impression I make.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2019-12-17, 11:14

blast em with salt
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-12-17, 11:17

Jake from State Farm wrote:blast em with salt

See this is what I’m talking about. How is buying a plastic gun, buying salt, loading it with salt, then chasing flies around your house more effective than mounting Fly Paper and letting IT do the job?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-12-17, 11:22

kingstonlake wrote:Stands the test of time. Can’t really argue there’s a better way to kills flies indoors. Works every time. No improvements on the original design.

Looking for validation.
you get internet in the jungle?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2019-12-17, 12:43

kingstonlake wrote:

See this is what I’m talking about. How is buying a plastic gun, buying salt, loading it with salt, then chasing flies around your house more effective than mounting Fly Paper and letting IT do the job?

Just think of all the exercise you'll get, and it might even help to improve your vision over the long term, not to mention your shooting skills.
Salt also has to be way better for the environment than a bunch of chemical laden sheets of paper.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-12-17, 13:03

Jake from State Farm wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Just think of all the exercise you'll get, and it might even help to improve your vision over the long term, not to mention your shooting skills.
Salt also has to be way better for the environment than a bunch of chemical laden sheets of paper.

There is no more long term. I am long term.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-12-17, 13:11

kingstonlake wrote:

do you live in Mio??

seems like Mio would be the sort of place with insect problems.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-12-17, 13:48

kingstonlake wrote:

This. Plus, you have to sweep up a bunch of salt. Fly paper in the garage, and every once in awhile the basement of some grain moths show up.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-12-17, 13:50

kingstonlake wrote:

Chemicals? I’ve always thought fly paper was just gooey wax or more likely glue.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-12-17, 13:57

I once walked around a corner and ran into a fully populated fly strip face first. Fun times.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-12-17, 14:25

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I once walked around a corner and ran into a fully populated fly strip face first. Fun times.

Installation error. The Fly Parer did its job man!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-12-17, 14:28

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

do you live in Mio??

There are no flies in Mio. Mio is a fly over (pun intended) to shit hole countries south of the border.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-12-17, 14:41

What about the fly swatter? Seems like the best tool for the problem.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-12-17, 14:46

steveschneider wrote:What about the fly swatter? Seems like the best tool for the problem.

You can swing and miss. You have to chase the fly. Do you really want to carry a fly swatter with you everywhere? Fly guts on the swatter? Now you have to wash it. Then you have fly guts all over the window or wall. Now it’s time to wash the window or wall

So I have to disagree Steve

#teamFlyPaper
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-12-17, 14:54

kingstonlake wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: do you live in Mio??

There are no flies in Mio. Mio is a fly over (pun intended) to shit hole countries south of the border.
Is Fly Paper the greatest invention of all time? 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-12-17, 15:03

kingstonlake wrote:
steveschneider wrote:What about the fly swatter? Seems like the best tool for the problem.

You can swing and miss. You have to chase the fly. Do you really want to carry a fly swatter with you everywhere? Fly guts on the swatter? Now you have to wash it. Then you have fly guts all over the window or wall. Now it’s time to wash the window or wall

#teamFlyPaper

It's all technique man, I can hit them and they just drop to the floor. Get out the dust buster and suck them up.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-12-17, 15:39

kingstonlake wrote:

#teamFlyPaper

All of this. Steve just doesn’t get it. The flies just die on the paper. No muss, no fuss. It’s really too bad it didn’t work on Pylon Is Fly Paper the greatest invention of all time? 3836498553
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-12-17, 15:45

tGreenWay wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

#teamFlyPaper

All of this. Steve just doesn’t get it. The flies just die on the paper. No muss, no fuss. It’s really too bad it didn’t work on Pylon Is Fly Paper the greatest invention of all time? 3836498553

Your fly paper attracts more flies. My fly swatter doesn't attract flies.

My fly swatter > your fly paper

Another message board victory for the steve! Is Fly Paper the greatest invention of all time? 3493939353
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-12-17, 15:47

Where is Turtleneck to tell you all that flypaper is murder?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-12-17, 15:52

Cameron wrote:Where is Turtleneck to tell you all that flypaper is murder?

Turtleneck is in Zimbabwe hunting big game for his trophy room. And no, there’s no way he’d eat the meat, cuz it’s murder.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2019-12-17, 16:02

greatest invention ever

Spoiler:
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-12-17, 16:07

tGreenWay wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

#teamFlyPaper

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-12-17, 16:09

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Is Fly Paper the greatest invention of all time? 1966794946 Is Fly Paper the greatest invention of all time? 2809484752
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2019-12-17, 18:18

Gotta run to the 22:00 mark, and I'm not disputing it.

SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-12-17, 18:34

steveschneider wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

#teamFlyPaper

It's all technique man, I can hit them and they just drop to the floor. Get out the dust buster and suck them up.

Steve rockin his Dustbuster.

kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down