Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LeBron: I'm Coming Home to Cleveland

+18
MiamiSpartan
NigelUno
Blanch32
Code_Warrior
Ted Brogan
Herbie Green
Stoops21
I.B. Fine
Cosmo_Kramer
steveschneider
SpartanMikey
InTenSity
Turtleneck
Rocinante
Chitown_Badger
SeeRockCity
Death Roe
Giant Moose
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

LeBron: I'm Coming Home to Cleveland Empty LeBron: I'm Coming Home to Cleveland

Post by Giant Moose 2014-07-11, 12:29

LeBron: I'm Coming Home to Cleveland Lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers

http://www.si.com/nba/2014/07/11/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

LeBron: I'm Coming Home to Cleveland Empty Re: LeBron: I'm Coming Home to Cleveland

Post by Death Roe 2014-07-11, 12:33

Good article. I'm sure ESPN is pissed they didn't get the exclusive.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

LeBron: I'm Coming Home to Cleveland Empty Re: LeBron: I'm Coming Home to Cleveland

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-07-11, 12:34

Giant Moose wrote:LeBron: I'm Coming Home to Cleveland Lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers

http://www.si.com/nba/2014/07/11/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers

Holy fuckbolts. Never thought that would happen. Good for him. I know he probably didn't write that personally, but it is well said.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chitown_Badger 2014-07-11, 12:38

I wasn't one of the people slamming him and hating him for leaving Cleveland.

Sincerely,

Every Cavs fan in Ohio
Chitown_Badger
Chitown_Badger
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-07-11, 12:40

Chitown_Badger wrote:I wasn't one of the people slamming him and hating him for leaving Cleveland.

Sincerely,

Every Cavs fan in Ohio

lol. So true. or "I still hate him for leaving, but if he wins us a championship, it will go a long way toward repairing the damage".
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-07-11, 12:42

Those old bron bron jerseys that ya'll burned would be worth something today you fuckwits.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-07-11, 12:44

And this is once again true....

Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-07-11, 12:45

Holy Shit.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2014-07-11, 12:45

So how quick does the Freep run with "Izzo to Cavs?"
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-07-11, 12:46

I can't blame him. Not sure Cleveland deserves him. Would have between good to take Cleveland at 40-1 though. Going to make going to heat games much easier. Money had to be on a western team to win everything though.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2014-07-11, 12:47

To make the move I needed the support of my wife and my mom, who can be very tough. The letter from Dan Gilbert, the booing of the Cleveland fans, the jerseys being burned -- seeing all that was hard for them. My emotions were more mixed. It was easy to say, “OK, I don’t want to deal with these people ever again.” But then you think about the other side. What if I were a kid who looked up to an athlete, and that athlete made me want to do better in my own life, and then he left? How would I react? I’ve met with Dan, face-to-face, man-to-man. We’ve talked it out. Everybody makes mistakes. I’ve made mistakes as well. Who am I to hold a grudge?
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanMikey 2014-07-11, 12:48

SeeRockCity wrote:

lol.  So true. or "I still hate him for leaving, but if he wins us a championship, it will go a long way toward repairing the damage".
Could you really blame them?
SpartanMikey
SpartanMikey
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2014-07-11, 12:49

Dan Gilbert @cavsdan
Welcome Home @kingjames. I am excited for the fans and people of Cleveland and Ohio. No fans and people deserve a winner more than them.....
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-07-11, 12:51

SpartanMikey wrote:
SeeRockCity wrote:

lol.  So true. or "I still hate him for leaving, but if he wins us a championship, it will go a long way toward repairing the damage".
Could you really blame them?

Yes. Did any Cleveland fan that had any kind of objectivity think that he was going to waste away his career there when ownership pulled people out of the stands to play point guard? I'd be more pissed at management than the player. Sucks when your ownership group doesn't have the money to build a product. See Thrashers, Atlanta.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-07-11, 12:52

And the screams of all one hundred heat fans were felt like a disturbance in the force.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-07-11, 12:54

I'm impressed, Lebron just out did his last job jump/publicity stunt. The humble approach worked, maybe we'll all think he's okay again.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo_Kramer 2014-07-11, 12:55

And all is forgiven. Praise the Messiah. Praise be Jesus!
Cosmo_Kramer
Cosmo_Kramer
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-07-11, 12:56

Cleveland is not big enough for Manziel and James.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2014-07-11, 12:57

SeeRockCity wrote:

The fact that he left, while disappointing, was not what inspired the hate, hell just about every athlete that gets big in Cleveland leaves. The whole classless dog and pony show "The Decision" (right after tanking the playoffs) was what set the bar for dooshness that is unlikely to ever be seen again.

Edit: Kudos to his PR people, that's a pretty well written piece in SI

Last edited by I.B. Fine on 2014-07-11, 13:02; edited 1 time in total
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-07-11, 12:57

steveschneider wrote:I'm impressed, Lebron just out did his last job jump/publicity stunt. The humble approach worked, maybe we'll all think he's okay again.  

Personally, I've never had a problem with Lebron. I've always felt he's handled himself really really well considering circumstances. How many kids would have handled the instant rise to fame, the money, the pressure etc. as well as he has. "The decision" was a mistake, but a forgivable one IMHO.

Of course, I don't follow the NBA very closely so consider the source.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2014-07-11, 12:57

Turtleneck wrote:Cleveland is not big enough for Manziel and James.
Manziel, LeBron, who's next to Cleveland? blanch???
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-07-11, 12:58

Turtleneck wrote:Cleveland is not big enough for Manziel and James.

Holy hell, I hadn't even thought about that. Cleveland gon' burn.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2014-07-11, 12:58

SeeRockCity wrote:

Personally, I've never had a problem with Lebron.  I've always felt he's handled himself really really well considering circumstances.  How many kids would have handled the instant rise to fame, the money, the pressure etc. as well as he has.  "The decision" was a mistake, but a forgivable one IMHO.

I'm not a fan of his but I did like his SI article. Plus he didn't call back Izzo. Who doesn't return Izzo calls!?
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-07-11, 13:03

Giant Moose wrote:
Manziel, LeBron, who's next to Cleveland? blanch???

Manziel + James + Blanch = LeBron: I'm Coming Home to Cleveland Giphy
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-07-11, 13:04

SeeRockCity wrote:

Personally, I've never had a problem with Lebron.  I've always felt he's handled himself really really well considering circumstances.  How many kids would have handled the instant rise to fame, the money, the pressure etc. as well as he has.  "The decision" was a mistake, but a forgivable one IMHO.

I liked him up until the move. I thought the move was cowardly, and just an attempt at manufacturing a legacy.

The whole media tour thing was nauseating and I took great pleasure in watching Dallas beating that team. I don't think Lebron will ever win another ring again at Cleveland.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chitown_Badger 2014-07-11, 13:04

InTenSity wrote:And the screams of all one hundred heat fans were felt like a disturbance in the force.

That bandwagon is going to scatter like cockroaches when the lights are turned on. Anyone have video of Tanfan burning his Heat Lebron jersey?
Chitown_Badger
Chitown_Badger
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-07-11, 13:06

Chitown_Badger wrote:

That bandwagon is going to scatter like cockroaches when the lights are turned on. Anyone have video of Tanfan burning his Heat Lebron jersey?

Heat fans are too apathetic to burn jerseys. If the jersey does not catch right away, they will leave the fire early.

Last edited by Turtleneck on 2014-07-11, 13:06; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoops21 2014-07-11, 13:06

Idk how cavs fans can be ok with this. "Hang on everyone I'm gunna go join the heat and win a shit ton." Then he comes back? Lol spit in the face.
Stoops21
Stoops21
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-07-11, 13:07

Anybody who thinks this isn't a completely calculated move is really really dumb. He's going back to cleveland for no other reason than there is a good young core and a lot of cap space. They will add pieces and he'll be right back in the thick of the playoffs. That bullshit in the article about "it's going to be a long process" was such pandering self-aggrandizing bullshit.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-07-11, 13:09

Rocinante wrote:Anybody who thinks this isn't a completely calculated move is really really dumb.  He's going back to cleveland for no other reason than there is a good young core and a lot of cap space.  They will add pieces and he'll be right back in the thick of the playoffs.  That bullshit in the article about "it's going to be a long process" was such pandering self-aggrandizing bullshit.

Carmello to Cleveland?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2014-07-11, 13:10

I figured if he came back there would be some kind of cheesy apology to make Cleveland forgive him.
But I have to say that was very well done.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ted Brogan 2014-07-11, 13:10

LeBron: I'm Coming Home to Cleveland Lebetrayalwkbns
Ted Brogan
Ted Brogan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-07-11, 13:13

James to Cleveland. Bosh will probably leave. Wade left holding the bag.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/07/dwyane-wade-lebron-james-miami-heat-nba-offseason
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-07-11, 13:17

Wade should just retire. Riley should quit too. Heat aren't going to have shot for about 4-8 years. Only hope would be free agency in 2016. What a clusterfuck.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2014-07-11, 13:17

Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-07-11, 13:20

steveschneider wrote:

Carmello to Cleveland?

I'd guess no. Kevin Love probably. They've already got Kyrie Irving and Anderson Varajo (I don't know how to spell either of their names) and a few other really good talents. A superstar like James, plus another great scorer? You've got a title contender just like that.

It's so calculated, it's like a disney script.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-07-11, 13:22

Turtleneck wrote:
Chitown_Badger wrote:

Heat fans are too apathetic to burn jerseys. If the jersey does not catch right away, they will leave the fire early.

LeBron: I'm Coming Home to Cleveland 502811600 
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo_Kramer 2014-07-11, 13:26

Stoops21 wrote:Idk how cavs fans can be ok with this. "Hang on everyone I'm gunna go join the heat and win a shit ton." Then he comes back? Lol spit in the face.

Cause people in Cleveland are desperate and pathetic
Cosmo_Kramer
Cosmo_Kramer
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2014-07-11, 13:29

Giant Moose wrote:So how quick does the Freep run with "Izzo to Cavs?"

This will be the concern if blatt fails. We all need to be big time cabs fans now...
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-07-11, 13:30

SeeRockCity wrote:

Yes.  Did any Cleveland fan that had any kind of objectivity think that he was going to waste away his career there when ownership pulled people out of the stands to play point guard?  I'd be more pissed at management than the player.  Sucks when your ownership group doesn't have the money to build a product.  See Thrashers, Atlanta.

You had to go there.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next