Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trapped squirrel ransacks Buckhead home; insurance won’t cover damage, family says

+5
Turtleneck
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
Floyd Robertson
NigelUno
9 posters

Go down

Trapped squirrel ransacks Buckhead home; insurance won’t cover damage, family says  Empty Trapped squirrel ransacks Buckhead home; insurance won’t cover damage, family says

Post by NigelUno 2020-01-07, 10:35

https://www.ajc.com/news/breaking-news/trapped-squirrel-ransacks-buckhead-home-insurance-won-cover-damage-family-says/Q5G5ajFVwgS8QPCewNtIjN/

There is a GoFundMe page if anyone wants to help this poor family fix the damage to the $500,000 home they just bought.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Trapped squirrel ransacks Buckhead home; insurance won’t cover damage, family says  Empty Re: Trapped squirrel ransacks Buckhead home; insurance won’t cover damage, family says

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-01-07, 10:50

That story is nuts.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Trapped squirrel ransacks Buckhead home; insurance won’t cover damage, family says  Empty Re: Trapped squirrel ransacks Buckhead home; insurance won’t cover damage, family says

Post by DWags 2020-01-07, 10:52

Floyd Robertson wrote:That story is nuts.

Trapped squirrel ransacks Buckhead home; insurance won’t cover damage, family says  1966794946
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-01-07, 10:53

similar thing happened after my Dad passed away last year. A squirrel had gotten in the house via the chimney. When a relative stopped by to check on things, she knew there was some tomfoolery afoot. She knew it wasn't a person who had broken in.. but she was a little startled and left. Called me.

I had another relative stop by.. he opens the door and came face-to-face with the critter. He propped the front door open, chased the thing and the little furry rodent made a break for the door... poor little guy was probably terrified and starving.

anyway.. I contacted a cleaning service who went over and cleaned up a few minor messes the squirrel had made (he had nibbled on some crackers that my Dad had left behind  Trapped squirrel ransacks Buckhead home; insurance won’t cover damage, family says  502811600 ) and had scaled up some curtains, probably panicked as hell and trying to find a way out. The service washed all the linens, mopped hardwood floors and disinfected the countertops.

I don't recall specifically but I think I paid about $75. I suppose that's the difference in living in a quaint home in a little rural mountain town and a McMansion in Buckhead.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-01-07, 10:58

Robert J Sakimano wrote:similar thing happened after my Dad passed away last year. A squirrel had gotten in the house via the chimney. When a relative stopped by to check on things, she knew there was some tomfoolery afoot. She knew it wasn't a person who had broken in.. but she was a little startled and left. Called me.

I had another relative stop by.. he opens the door and came face-to-face with the critter. He propped the front door open, chased the thing and the little furry rodent made a break for the door... poor little guy was probably terrified and starving.

anyway.. I contacted a cleaning service who went over and cleaned up a few minor messes the squirrel had made (he had nibbled on some crackers that my Dad had left behind  Trapped squirrel ransacks Buckhead home; insurance won’t cover damage, family says  502811600 ) and had scaled up some curtains, probably panicked as hell and trying to find a way out. The service washed all the linens, mopped hardwood floors and disinfected the countertops.

I don't recall specifically but I think I paid about $75. I suppose that's the difference in living in a quaint home in a little rural mountain town and a McMansion in Buckhead.

GoFundMe page has a $17,000 goal.

No donations yet.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-01-07, 11:07

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:similar thing happened after my Dad passed away last year. A squirrel had gotten in the house via the chimney. When a relative stopped by to check on things, she knew there was some tomfoolery afoot. She knew it wasn't a person who had broken in.. but she was a little startled and left. Called me.

No donations yet.  

Seems a little bush league to me.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-01-07, 11:11

Picture of squirrel after vandalizing house.

Trapped squirrel ransacks Buckhead home; insurance won’t cover damage, family says  Hqdefault
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-01-07, 11:13

I don't like that post, Floyd. That's no way to treet people.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-01-07, 11:33

NigelUno wrote:

No donations yet.
if someone donates to that, they should have their ass kicked.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-01-07, 11:43

Trapped squirrel ransacks Buckhead home; insurance won’t cover damage, family says  1966794946 Trapped squirrel ransacks Buckhead home; insurance won’t cover damage, family says  1966794946 Trapped squirrel ransacks Buckhead home; insurance won’t cover damage, family says  1966794946
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-01-07, 13:27

That’s terrible, Bob! We should set up a go fund me for our Swill brother to recover his losses.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-01-07, 13:33

tGreenWay wrote:

That’s terrible, Bob! We should set up a go fund me for our Swill brother to recover his losses.
if someone donates to that, they should have their ass kicked.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-01-07, 13:48

Trapped squirrel ransacks Buckhead home; insurance won’t cover damage, family says  502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-01-07, 16:05

In-laws bought a place in the San Diego area years back because FIL's doctor said it was the best climate for his asthma.  Spent months there in the winter while keeping the house in Troy.  Wyff got a call from the next door neighbor in Troy saying she saw a squirrel on the indoor sill of a bathroom window upstairs.  I went over there armed with a tennis racket to find the critter.

Searched the upper two floors.  Found nothing so went quietly down the basement stairs.  Peaked around the wall at the bottom of the steps and saw a tail on the carpet.  At first thought it was sleeping.  Turned out it was dead.

No idea how long it had been in the house.  Guessing died of dehydration.  Rodents are apparently not smart enough to drink out of toilets like dogs and cats.  No damage to the house but MIL went on cleaning spree when they got back.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-01-07, 19:58

Mrs. GreenWay spotted a squirrel in the bathroom a few years ago. She closed the door to the shower area and called upon me to evict the illegal tenant. Expected pandemonium when I opened the door, but it turned out to be a juvenile fox squirrel probably recently out on its own. Poor thing was easy to find because it had clawed onto the shower towels to hide behind, but was shaking so much it was easy to spot.
Went to the garage, picked out my heaviest tamper, and flattened the little guy into a red and yellowish-brown squirrel frisbee.

Kidding. I carried the towel slowly outside and let the beast go free.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-01-07, 20:20

Great, now this thread is just stories of boomers encountering rodents.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-01-07, 21:18

Beats you dredging up stories about your biggest fear...raw milk.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2020-01-07, 21:24

Did you guys hear about the 17000 go fund me? I mean I wonder if anyone has donated yet
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-01-07, 21:39

aualum06 wrote:Did you guys hear about the 17000 go fund me? I mean I wonder if anyone has donated yet

They took it down. Trapped squirrel ransacks Buckhead home; insurance won’t cover damage, family says  502811600

https://www.gofundme.com/f/repair-squirreldamaged-home-amp-furniture
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-01-08, 05:49

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/01/08/nyregion/central-park-squirrel-census.html?smid=nytcore-ios-share

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down