Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

+26
Bill Cain
CORNER BLITZ
The Pantry
aualum06
Tim Wakefield
MattyFresh
Robert J Sakimano
I.B. Fine
Jake from State Farm
Nordic
SawGreen
MiamiSpartan
AvgMSUJoe
steveschneider
Rocinante
DWags
Banks2Mason
Watch Out Pylon!
Other Teams Pursuing That
InTenSity
WhiteBoyHatcher
kingstonlake
Floyd Robertson
tGreenWay
Death Roe
Cameron
30 posters

Page 6 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15 ... 25  Next

Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:39 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Like 7 episodes into Hunters... and here's a hot take y'all need to brace your self for....

That Al Pacino is a pretty freaking good actor.

Just watched the 1st episode last night. Wasn't expecting it to be as brutal as it is.

I'm in.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:07 pm

Just home from seeing "The Way Back".

Good flick, but if you go, take tissues. No
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:04 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Just home from seeing "The Way Back".

Good flick, but if you go, take tissues. No

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 6 4177874726
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:13 pm

Up to date on Homeland and The Outsider. Both have been really good.
Watched Dark Waters last night. VG film, and fuck Dupont.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:41 am

WBH, I finished Succession S2. Parts of it were slow, I think S2 E1 and 2 I barely made it through. I know I missed some things. Overall I like the series and I'll watch S3 when it comes out.
Working on Narcos: Mexico S2. I think that is what they named the Narcos. I should probably try to rewatch a lot of it, because I just can't keep up with who everyone is and who betrayed who. Good series though.
I want to start Altered Carbon S2, but need to finish a few other things, has anyone finished S2 yet? Is it as good as the first one, but might require a few re-watches?
If I get Covid19, then I could probably finish Better Call Saul S4, finally.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:03 pm

Finally checking out mindhunter season 2. I just want to again point out the ridiculous drop in quality when Fincher is not the director.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:04 pm

Also. Why are their faces yellow?!?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:59 pm

InTenSity wrote:WBH, I finished Succession S2. Parts of it were slow, I think S2 E1 and 2 I barely made it through. I know I missed some things. Overall I like the series and I'll watch S3 when it comes out.
Working on Narcos: Mexico S2. I think that is what they named the Narcos. I should probably try to rewatch a lot of it, because I just can't keep up with who everyone is and who betrayed who. Good series though.
I want to start Altered Carbon S2, but need to finish a few other things, has anyone finished S2 yet? Is it as good as the first one, but might require a few re-watches?
If I get Covid19, then I could probably finish Better Call Saul S4, finally.

I should have watched the last episode or two of the last season. I usually try to do that when a new season comes out, as I forget what happened in shows 9+ months ago. There were a few "oh yeah, I think I remember that" type of moments. I also wished I remembered more from the original Narcos about Colombia, as there were a few tie-ins to that.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:17 pm

Rocinante wrote:Also. Why are their faces yellow?!?

I thought it was still good. A little different then the first, but still worthy. Didn't even notice yellow faces... maybe someone messed with your TV settings.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:24 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:BCS is really such a good show. Odenkirk is amazing.

Just finished E2. Who was in the diner that Nacho was so concerned about? I can't remember all the connections.

E2 was really good and more of what expect from BCS. E3 looks like it is going kick it up a notch.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:48 am

Nordic wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:BCS is really such a good show. Odenkirk is amazing.

Just finished E2. Who was in the diner that Nacho was so concerned about? I can't remember all the connections.

E2 was really good and more of what expect from BCS. E3 looks like it is going kick it up a notch.

It was Nacho's dad's diner.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:10 pm

Watched the last episode of season 1 of The Outsider.
Found out today there’s a one-minute scene after the credits, in case you didn’t know. Have to go back and watch it tonight.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:37 pm

tGreenWay wrote:Watched the last episode of season 1 of The Outsider.
Found out today there’s a one-minute scene after the credits, in case you didn’t know. Have to go back and watch it tonight.
Was the season wrapped up somewhat? My HBO subscription ran out...Need to decide if it's worth re-upping, maybe with Westworld..
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:05 pm

I.B. Fine wrote:
Was the season wrapped up somewhat? My HBO subscription ran out...Need to decide if it's worth re-upping, maybe with Westworld..

It wrapped up well. I hope they don’t have a second season. Just leave well enough alone.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:21 pm

I.B. Fine wrote:

It was. I’m going back to watch it again because I had a couple questions, but all in all, things got wrapped up. IMO, the wrap-up lacked the spooky mysteriousness of the series. The scene outside the cave, which began at the end of episode 9, was pretty freaking intense.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:03 pm

Looking for movies that are good but maybe haven’t seen what do we got swill any hidden gems
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:12 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Looking for movies that are good but maybe haven’t seen what do we got swill any hidden gems
Little gem called Fantasia on Disney+

You're welcome.
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:31 pm

Frozen 2 released early as well. I half paid attention. Not my scene, but a good time killer for kids.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:37 pm

Rocinante wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:

It wrapped up well. I hope they don’t have a second season. Just leave well enough alone.

My understanding is yes, there will be a second season. That extra after-credits scene I mentioned above has a clue as to the direction it will take. I’m skeptical about another season, too, but at least it’s Stephen King writing the series, and it looks like he’s getting help from Dennis Lehane, too. I don’t envision either of those guys letting this project get stupid, but we’ll see.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:48 pm

Watched A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood. Had no expectations going in, and really enjoyed it. Now I want to read the piece by Tom Junod that inspired the movie.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:05 pm

Watched episode 2 of Watchmen. I’m hooked. Probably going to go into binge watch mode.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:51 pm

Was it Holly sitting in her apartment? Or more after that?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:47 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Was it Holly sitting in her apartment? Or more after that?

Didn’t see it liked I’d planned, but yes, the scene involves Holly.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:13 am

I started Westworld. Holy fuck. When my buddies explained it to me I was not intrigued but I decided to start it given the current circumstances. I'm completely mind fucked and still not really sure what is going on but of the shows that I have watched recently, this is the most intriguing and it's not close.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:08 am

So you all have probably heard or read (not me, I'm a heathen) of the book "Anne of Green Gables". There's a Canadian TV series called "Anne with an E" that is based on the book. Anne is about as annoying AF but I'm into season 2 right now (out of 3, I think) and overall this thing is pretty darn good. Sort of Canadian "Little House on the Prarie". You can find it on Netflix. I'm not sure what the rating is, I'd guess TV-13 or something.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:09 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I started Westworld. Holy fuck. When my buddies explained it to me I was not intrigued but I decided to start it given the current circumstances. I'm completely mind fucked and still not really sure what is going on but of the shows that I have watched recently, this is the most intriguing and it's not close.

I gave up halfway through the last season. I agree with you, super intriguing but there's just too much going on. I'll probably watch a season recap video after it's over .. maybe I'm just dumb now and can't follow the storyline tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 6 502811600
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:11 am

I can not recommend The Americans enough. It's a long, slow burn but some of the most intense TV I've seen. Certainly the best finale. Anyone else watch it? If not, start now. Amazon video has it
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:17 am

Tim Wakefield wrote:I can not recommend The Americans enough. It's a long, slow burn but some of the most intense TV I've seen. Certainly the best finale. Anyone else watch it? If not, start now. Amazon video has it

I actually think the ending of Justified was the best, but The Americans was not disappointing at all.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:32 am

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Tim Wakefield wrote:I can not recommend The Americans enough. It's a long, slow burn but some of the most intense TV I've seen. Certainly the best finale. Anyone else watch it? If not, start now. Amazon video has it

I actually think the ending of Justified was the best, but The Americans was not disappointing at all.

Another thing, I'm usually not one to notice music in a show but I thought The Americans did a great job in that regard
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:22 am

It was one of my favorite shows. I'm a sucker for cold war stuff and spy stuff, so the topic was right up my alley, and they did a fantastic job with the characters and writing on top of that.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:23 am

Tim Wakefield wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I started Westworld. Holy fuck. When my buddies explained it to me I was not intrigued but I decided to start it given the current circumstances. I'm completely mind fucked and still not really sure what is going on but of the shows that I have watched recently, this is the most intriguing and it's not close.

I gave up halfway through the last season. I agree with you, super intriguing but there's just too much going on. I'll probably watch a season recap video after it's over .. maybe I'm just dumb now and can't follow the storyline tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 6 502811600

Sounds like he’s still on season 1.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:25 am

So I guess new movies are on hold for release until further notice? Maybe some will release straight to Netflix or something?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:54 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:So I guess new movies are on hold for release until further notice? Maybe some will release straight to Netflix or something?

At least for major movies, I think the studios are hoping for huge numbers when people are allowed back out again. The flip side of that might be that people have been watching so much at home that they might want a break from watching movies period.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:31 am

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:So I guess new movies are on hold for release until further notice? Maybe some will release straight to Netflix or something?

At least for major movies, I think the studios are hoping for huge numbers when people are allowed back out again. The flip side of that might be that people have been watching so much at home that they might want a break from watching movies period.

Or not. A few minutes after posting that, I saw that Disney had announced they're releasing Onward digitally. $20 to buy digitally starting later tonight, and then on Disney+ April 3.

Will be interesting what other studios do. Not everyone is trying to push a new streaming service.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:37 am

There’s this old show called Tim and Eric Awesome Show Great Job!

It’s the one that had John C Reilly as Dr. Steve Brule and a bunch of other dumb shit. It’s pretty great.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:47 am

Westworld talk. I am already bummed that Wake and OTPT let the cat out that this series turns to shit. But right now I am 4 episodes in and it's amazing.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:19 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Westworld talk. I am already bummed that Wake and OTPT let the cat out that this series turns to shit. But right now I am 4 episodes in and it's amazing.

I didn’t say anything like that. Enjoy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:52 am

The Natural. Greatest baseball movie ever or corny as fuck?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:30 am

Rocinante wrote:The Natural. Greatest baseball movie ever or corny as fuck?

Good movie, but 8 Men Out is the best any day of the week.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:24 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Rocinante wrote:The Natural. Greatest baseball movie ever or corny as fuck?

Good movie, but 8 Men Out is the best any day of the week.

To each his own. I’m partial to Major League. Charlie Sheen is not as outstanding as he is in 3.5 Men, but still.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15 ... 25  Next