Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You called it Bob

+14
GRR Spartan
MiamiSpartan
Rocinante
Watch Out Pylon!
duffy munn
kingstonlake
Cameron
Heathens '87
steveschneider
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
Floyd Robertson
AvgMSUJoe
NigelUno
18 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

You called it Bob Empty You called it Bob

Post by NigelUno 11/02/20, 11:17 am

[tw]1227042145913184256[/tw]
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

You called it Bob Empty Re: You called it Bob

Post by AvgMSUJoe 11/02/20, 11:23 am

The second this idiot starting shilling for politicians the last go around she list all credibility. This is her claim to fame. She is riding it. No one is calling her out due to the PC nature of it all.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 11/02/20, 11:26 am

Shoot me, I don't fucking care. What happened to them is terrible. How it effects hiring a football coach now is beyond me.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 11/02/20, 11:26 am

She's right. It was partly because of the "culture", however, I don't think she's quite grasping the part of the culture that he had a problem with. Much of it comes form outsiders who seek to disrupt through anger and vengeful actions.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 11/02/20, 11:29 am

Floyd Robertson wrote:Shoot me, I don't fucking care. What happened to them is terrible. How it effects hiring a football coach now is beyond me.

Because she is selling a book now and needs to be relevant.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 11/02/20, 11:35 am

NigelUno wrote:[tw]1227042145913184256[/tw]
I get no joy from being right all of the time.

I want this chick to be okay, but between the jesus-y stuff, the politicizing of the horrors, and the incessant victimhood at every single turn, it begins to wear on you.

nobody asked me - but you only get one shot at life. My advice would be to live it. Intense therapy, counseling, enjoy your family, take care of your mind, body, spirit, eat well, rest, drink a lot of water - and enjoy life.

that's just me.. and I'm just one idiot with one opinion.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 11/02/20, 11:40 am

His mention of 'culture' is so vague and open to interpretation. My take he was mostly concerned about how it would impact his program with the Blackwell lawsuit but that's just my opinion.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 11/02/20, 11:40 am

DWags wrote:She's right.  It was partly because  of the "culture", however, I don't think she's quite grasping the part of the culture that he had a problem with.  Much of it comes form outsiders who seek to disrupt through anger and vengeful actions.  
while she's busy extolling the moral virtue of Luke Fickell, she should do a little research about the culture at Ohio State - a place that her new hero is so closely tied to - and get back to us.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 11/02/20, 11:42 am

Also, I'm over Fickell. Guy wanted less money and to play for a smaller program. Good for him. Next.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heathens '87 11/02/20, 11:45 am

I think some are missing the point. This isn't about Denhollander impacting a search for a football coach. Horrific things happened at State, to her and we should all, as Spartans, collectively own that. What is more important, in my view, the lack of a truth and reconciliation process to deal with the aftermath of Nassar.

The issue she is pointing out, rightly so in my view, is the lack of leadership we've had to appropriately manage a process to both determine what truly happened and how it can be prevented. Crisis response - any well-run institution can do this. Engler failed miserably at this. We've a board that remains dysfunctional, we lack leadership in the AD role, Stanley is new, and Klages is a headline today because Michigan State can't manage to not shoot itself in the foot.

Someone like Denhollander "goes away" when she feels her voice is being heard. Not by you, not by me...but by the collective we and by the university as a whole. She's a messenger. The message ain't wrong......
Heathens '87
Heathens '87
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 11/02/20, 11:50 am

Heathens '87 wrote:I think some are missing the point. This isn't about Denhollander impacting a search for a football coach. Horrific things happened at State, to her and we should all, as Spartans, collectively own that. What is more important, in my view, the lack of a truth and reconciliation process to deal with the aftermath of Nassar.

The issue she is pointing out, rightly so in my view, is the lack of leadership we've had to appropriately manage a process to both determine what truly happened and how it can be prevented. Crisis response - any well-run institution can do this. Engler failed miserably at this. We've a board that remains dysfunctional, we lack leadership in the AD role, Stanley is new, and Klages is a headline today because Michigan State can't manage to not shoot itself in the foot.

Someone like Denhollander "goes away" when she feels her voice is being heard. Not by you, not by me...but by the collective we and by the university as a whole. She's a messenger. The message ain't wrong.......
I get it. I'm just not a fan of the messenger.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 11/02/20, 11:55 am

Heathens '87 wrote:I think some are missing the point. This isn't about Denhollander impacting a search for a football coach. Horrific things happened at State, to her and we should all, as Spartans, collectively own that. What is more important, in my view, the lack of a truth and reconciliation process to deal with the aftermath of Nassar.

Someone like Denhollander "goes away" when she feels her voice is being heard. Not by you, not by me...but by the collective we and by the university as a whole. She's a messenger. The message ain't wrong.......

I think trying to bring Fickell into it is kind of a stretch though.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 11/02/20, 11:56 am

Co-sign. I haven't paid much attention to her in the aftermath of the Nassar stuff, but I certainly don't begrudge her writing a book and profiting off of the horrible stuff that happened to her.

Frankly, I'd rather MSU overcompensate to appease the victims, rather than not doing enough. If that scares off some potential coaches, so be it. The wages of sin is death, as they say.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heathens '87 11/02/20, 11:58 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote: I get it. I'm just not a fan of the messenger.

It's a bit over the top. And those who work at victim's rights don't typically do so with subtlety. Her background and religious views should tell you she can define and use words like crusade and mission.....
Heathens '87
Heathens '87
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 11/02/20, 11:59 am

steveschneider wrote:Also, I'm over Fickell. Guy wanted less money and to play for a smaller program. Good for him. Next.

6 kids. Think of all the friendships that 6 kids would have (and the friendships with the parents as well). His wife probably likes Cincinnati. Less pressure. He'll get a raise, and now he's a hero/legend for staying.

I think that's what he meant by being "selfish". He knew it would be better for his wife and kids to stay there. That's fine. We'll find somebody else.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 11/02/20, 11:59 am

As far as “campus culture” goes. Aren’t most coaches hired because the school wants them to move the culture in a different direction? Not that it’s solely his responsibility but to deny the head football coach plays a big role in team and campus culture would be disingenuous. Guess he didn’t feel up to it.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 11/02/20, 12:00 pm

Heathens '87 wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I get it. I'm just not a fan of the messenger.

It's a bit over the top.  And those who work at victim's rights don't typically do so with subtlety.  Her background and religious views should tell you she can define and use words like crusade and mission......
which is why I steer clear of people with her background and religious views.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 11/02/20, 12:00 pm

NigelUno wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Also, I'm over Fickell. Guy wanted less money and to play for a smaller program. Good for him. Next.

6 kids. Think of all the friendships that 6 kids would have (and the friendships with the parents as well). His wife probably likes Cincinnati. Less pressure. He'll get a raise, and now he's a hero/legend for staying.

I think that's what he meant by being "selfish". He knew it would be better for his wife and kids to stay there. That's fine. We'll find somebody else.

I read that somewhere.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 11/02/20, 12:03 pm

kingstonlake wrote:As far as “campus culture” goes. Aren’t most coaches hired because the school wants them to move the culture in a different direction? Not that it’s solely his responsibility but to deny the head football coach plays a big role in team and campus culture would be disingenuous. Guess he didn’t feel up to it.

I thought it was wins.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heathens '87 11/02/20, 12:03 pm

NigelUno wrote:

Fickell isn't going to get into specifics so it's out there in vague "culture" language. That is going to open the door to interpretation by those who wish to use the opportunity.

This in a 7-day period where....MSU got rejected by a hire because of "culture," a gift shop made national news with a display that simply wasn't thought out, and the Nassar enabling Klages goes to trial. We're on a PR roll......
Heathens '87
Heathens '87
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heathens '87 11/02/20, 12:05 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I oddly enjoy them when they show up on the porch as it's darn easy to poke holes in their worldview. But we're certainly not sitting down for a pitcher at Crunchy's after a hockey game.....
Heathens '87
Heathens '87
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 11/02/20, 12:06 pm

Heathens '87 wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I oddly enjoy them when they show up on the porch as it's darn easy to poke holes in their worldview. But we're certainly not sitting down for a pitcher at Crunchy's after a hockey game.....
'zactly.. You called it Bob 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 11/02/20, 12:07 pm

NigelUno wrote:

6 kids.  Think of all the friendships that 6 kids would have (and the friendships with the parents as well).  His wife probably likes Cincinnati.  Less pressure.  He'll get a raise, and now he's a hero/legend for staying.

I think that's what he meant by being "selfish".  He knew it would be better for his wife and kids to stay there.  That's fine.  We'll find somebody else.  

I have 9 siblings. My Dad moved us 4 times in a 12 year period. ( Chicago, New York, back to Chicago ,Detroit ) He never asked our permission or even sought our opinion.

Last edited by duffy munn on 11/02/20, 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 11/02/20, 12:08 pm

I can't say it better than this.   It was sent to me by my daughter. But know this miss Denhollander, I am sick about the emotional and physical pain that you went through, nobody should be made to do that.  I just have a bit of a problem with the victory lap type nature of her tweet.  It really disregards so many good people and so many good things going on at MSU.  I'll post this tweet, he's right on so many levels and sure can put it better than I can.  If she thinks that we aren't daily "working on the culture" she's mistaken.  

[tw]1227041368104751106?s=20[/tw]

[tw]1227041369119756289?s=20[/tw]

[tw]1227041370260606976?s=20[/tw]

All those stories will change you- at least they should. And if a football coach doesn't want to come here and be part of doing the hard work to help this place that we all love become what it can, then just thank them for letting us know up front and move the hell on.

Last edited by DWags on 11/02/20, 12:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 11/02/20, 12:08 pm

duffy munn wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I have 9 siblings. My Dad moved us 4 times in a 12 year period. ( Chicago, New York, back to Chicago ,Detroit ) He never asked out permission or even sought our opinion.

clearly your Dad wasn't concerned with the "culture"...
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 11/02/20, 12:08 pm

duffy munn wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I have 9 siblings. My Dad moved us 4 times in a 12 year period. ( Chicago, New York, back to Chicago ,Detroit ) He never asked out permission or even sought our opinion.

Yeah, but parents hated their kids back in the day.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 11/02/20, 12:09 pm

Heathens '87 wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Fickell isn't going to get into specifics so it's out there in vague "culture" language. That is going to open the door to interpretation by those who wish to use the opportunity.

This in a 7-day period where....MSU got rejected by a hire because of "culture," a gift shop made national news with a display that simply wasn't thought out, and the Nassar enabling Klages goes to trial. We're on a PR roll.......

Fickell said this:

"The bottom line is, first and foremost, family. Obviously my family loves it here, I have a unique situation with the age of my kids," Fickell said. "... I had to make a selfish decision, but this selfish decision was what was right for my family, and that is to be here."

I think he stayed because of the kids. Did other stuff factor in? Maybe.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 11/02/20, 12:09 pm

DWags wrote:I can't say it better than this.   It was sent to me by my daughter. But know this miss Denhollander, I am sick about the emotional and physical pain that you went through, nobody should be made to do that.  I just have a bit of a problem with the victory lap type nature of her tweet.  It really disregards so many good people and so many good things going on at MSU.  I'll post this tweet, he's right on so many levels and sure can put it better than I can.  If she thinks that we aren't daily "working on the culture" she's mistaken.  

[tw]1227041368104751106?s=20[/tw]
yep...

but that doesn't get clicks.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 11/02/20, 12:11 pm

duffy munn wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

6 kids.  Think of all the friendships that 6 kids would have (and the friendships with the parents as well).  His wife probably likes Cincinnati.  Less pressure.  He'll get a raise, and now he's a hero/legend for staying.

I think that's what he meant by being "selfish".  He knew it would be better for his wife and kids to stay there.  That's fine.  We'll find somebody else.  

People were tough back in the day.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 11/02/20, 12:13 pm

NigelUno wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

and look what happened..

they spend their time on message boards and hanging around with Jingles.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 11/02/20, 12:16 pm

This "culture" talk is apparently beyond me.

Without specific examples of how the "culture" enabled any of this, I don't think I will ever get it.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 11/02/20, 12:19 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:This "culture" talk is apparently beyond me.

Without specific examples of how the "culture" enabled any of this, I don't think I will ever get it.
seems like the very people who are so quick to blame the "culture" are also, in some fashion, dependent on the "culture"...
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 11/02/20, 12:20 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

clearly your Dad wasn't concerned with the "culture"...

Nope. He did what he felt he needed to do. After I left for college he moved the 4 remaining kids at home to Connecticut. Everyone adjusted and made new friends.

come to think of it, I don't think he even asked my mom if it was ok.You called it Bob 502811600

different and maybe better times.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 11/02/20, 12:22 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

and look what happened..

they spend their time on message boards and hanging around with Jingles.

You called it Bob 502811600 Dad LOVES Jingles. Then again, who doesn't.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 11/02/20, 12:23 pm

duffy munn wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: clearly your Dad wasn't concerned with the "culture"...

Nope. He did what he felt he needed to do. After I left for college he moved the 4 remaining kids at home to Connecticut. Everyone adjusted and made new friends.

come to think of it, I don't think he even asked my mom if it was ok.You called it Bob 502811600

You called it Bob 502811600

yeah, come to think of it.. my parents never really asked me much of anything. I'm not even 100% sure they knew my name. You called it Bob 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heathens '87 11/02/20, 12:26 pm

I take that word to represent....dysfunctional board, new President, green AD without any athletic background, Dantonio retires late to gain a bonus check, Blackwell lawsuit, Klages trial, Simon trial, Nassar still hangs over the university, etc. Hard to say to the family that you're leaving a stable position to walk into a bit of a mess. The managerial upline doesn't exactly scream competence and stability........
Heathens '87
Heathens '87
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 11/02/20, 12:31 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

yeah, come to think of it.. my parents never really asked me much of anything. I'm not even 100% sure they knew my name. You called it Bob 502811600

Try being number 5 in 10. While dating my future wife in high school for 6 months she thought one of my little brothers was just a friend of the family hanging out.

"Why is that kid alway here?"
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 11/02/20, 12:33 pm

duffy munn wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: You called it Bob 502811600

Try being number 5 in 10. While dating my future wife in high school for 6 months she thought one of my little brothers was just a friend of the family hanging out.

You called it Bob 1966794946
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 11/02/20, 12:41 pm

duffy munn wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: You called it Bob 502811600

Should have said, "fuck if I know".
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 11/02/20, 01:04 pm

Heathens '87 wrote:

I take that word to represent....dysfunctional board, new President, green AD without any athletic background, Dantonio retires late to gain a bonus check, Blackwell lawsuit, Klages trial, Simon trial, Nassar still hangs over the university, etc. Hard to say to the family that you're leaving a stable position to walk into a bit of a mess. The managerial upline doesn't exactly scream competence and stability.........

Maybe from him, but not from her.

I think she believes there is something specifically at MSU that encourages sexual assault or the covering up of assault.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next