Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

POLL: What Should OT Board Be Called?

+10
AvgMSUJoe
Bizarro Fletch
tGreenWay
Cym Jim
Other Teams Pursuing That
LoneWolfSparty
J_LaP
Duke Silver
Spartan Pride
Rocinante
14 posters

Go down

What Should the Board Currently Called \

POLL: What Should OT Board Be Called? Vote_lcap23%POLL: What Should OT Board Be Called? Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 8 ]
POLL: What Should OT Board Be Called? Vote_lcap14%POLL: What Should OT Board Be Called? Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 5 ]
POLL: What Should OT Board Be Called? Vote_lcap0%POLL: What Should OT Board Be Called? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
POLL: What Should OT Board Be Called? Vote_lcap14%POLL: What Should OT Board Be Called? Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 5 ]
POLL: What Should OT Board Be Called? Vote_lcap34%POLL: What Should OT Board Be Called? Vote_rcap 34% 
[ 12 ]
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 35

Poll closed

Poll POLL: What Should OT Board Be Called?

Post by Rocinante 2014-04-23, 10:51

In the tradition of political and other OT discourse I think it should be called something with less negative connotations than "the swill bin". For instance, the rock, once known as the engagement rock, is also a place for political and religious discussion/demonstration. Is "The Rock" or "The engagement rock" too cool? How about Cowles House, or The Jenison (as a nod to the crazyness including demonstrations that used to take place in the field in front of Jenison). Please respond with some ideas if you agree and I'll do a poll. (We can do that!!!).

Last edited by Rocinante on 2014-04-23, 15:41; edited 1 time in total
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Poll Re: POLL: What Should OT Board Be Called?

Post by Spartan Pride 2014-04-23, 10:56

Rocinante wrote:In the tradition of political and other OT discourse I think it should be called something with less negative connotations than "the swill bin". For instance, the rock, once known as the engagement rock, is also a place for political and religious discussion/demonstration. Is "The Rock" or "The engagement rock" too cool? How about Cowles House, or The Jenison (as a nod to the crazyness including demonstrations that used to take place in the field in front of Jenison). Please respond with some ideas if you agree and I'll do a poll. (We can do that!!!).
Alright lets put it to a vote....

POLL: What Should OT Board Be Called? The-Rock-Dumbbells

POLL: What Should OT Board Be Called? Kim-kardashians-engagement-ring-see-the-huge-rock

OR

POLL: What Should OT Board Be Called? 12-jenison-facilities-300x175

?
Spartan Pride
Spartan Pride
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-04-23, 11:50

You missed Cowles House.

Anyway, I have to work. I'll be back later to make a poll. Or I'll just beg for validation. We'll see.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke Silver 2014-04-23, 12:14

Rocinante wrote:In the tradition of political and other OT discourse I think it should be called something with less negative connotations than "the swill bin". For instance, the rock, once known as the engagement rock, is also a place for political and religious discussion/demonstration. Is "The Rock" or "The engagement rock" too cool? How about Cowles House, or The Jenison (as a nod to the crazyness including demonstrations that used to take place in the field in front of Jenison). Please respond with some ideas if you agree and I'll do a poll. (We can do that!!!).

I suggested calling it the rock in the early days of swill, but SRC had decided on the swill by that point. I'm fine calling it the swill but it appears that;s what the whole site is being referred to as so maybe a change could be in store.
Duke Silver
Duke Silver
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by J_LaP 2014-04-23, 12:15

Rocinante wrote:You missed Cowles House.

Anyway, I have to work.  I'll be back later to make a poll.  Or I'll just beg for validation.  We'll see.

I'm a fan of The Rock, made the suggestion in an earlier thread, but if there's more support maybe we can get it changed to something that actually is related to MSU.
J_LaP
J_LaP
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-04-23, 12:17

How about The Peanut Barrel or another E. Lansing establishment where said discussions likely would be had?
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by J_LaP 2014-04-23, 12:38

LoneWolfSparty wrote:How about The Peanut Barrel or another E. Lansing establishment where said discussions likely would be had?

How about Rama, something about hours of day drinking sitting in a booth at Rama would bring out good conversations that could easily go awful. Seems appropriate for that board.
J_LaP
J_LaP
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-04-23, 12:46

J_LaP wrote:
LoneWolfSparty wrote:How about The Peanut Barrel or another E. Lansing establishment where said discussions likely would be had?

How about Rama, something about hours of day drinking sitting in a booth at Rama would bring out good conversations that could easily go awful.  Seems appropriate for that board.

I don't know about you older guys, but I never bring up politics at Rama. POLL: What Should OT Board Be Called? 502811600 The rock would get my vote.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by J_LaP 2014-04-23, 12:52

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
J_LaP wrote:

How about Rama, something about hours of day drinking sitting in a booth at Rama would bring out good conversations that could easily go awful.  Seems appropriate for that board.

I don't know about you older guys, but I never bring up politics at Rama. :lolz:The rock would get my vote.

If we're going purely from a politics perspective than yeah, the Rock is the clear choice. I was just thinking OT and riffing off LWS.
J_LaP
J_LaP
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2014-04-23, 12:59

Good call. Not a fan either. The Peanut Barrel perhaps?
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2014-04-23, 13:38

How about Cedar Fest b/c all Hell breaks loose? :shrug:
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2014-04-23, 14:16

Or just Cedar Village because it's such a raucous place to hang?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-04-23, 14:19

I think there's some good ideas. I'll make a poll when I come back from lunch. Peace Bitches.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2014-04-23, 15:09

Don't forget to head over to the Agora and vote for me as Sir Cym Jim of the Swill Bin

king 
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch 2014-04-23, 15:16

How about we don't have our own version of Wells? It's a cesspool for the lowest forms of turds on the internet. Why would we want to attract that here? Leave them over on tRCMB.
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2014-04-23, 15:19

Bizarro Fletch wrote:How about we don't have our own version of Wells?  It's a cesspool for the lowest forms of turds on the internet.  Why would we want to attract that here?  Leave them over on tRCMB.

Intertwine the political with everything else??? Could be interesting.

I think the point is to stop people from being subjected to the dittoheaded morans... if they so choose to not subscribe to the koch's newsletter.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2014-04-23, 15:23

FTR, Poly Sci Dept is at 303 South Kedzie Hall.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2014-04-23, 15:26

AvgMSUJoe wrote:FTR, Poly Sci Dept is at 303 South Kedzie Hall.

I like this as a possibility. Not the exact address, necessarily, but something...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch 2014-04-23, 15:26

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Bizarro Fletch wrote:How about we don't have our own version of Wells?  It's a cesspool for the lowest forms of turds on the internet.  Why would we want to attract that here?  Leave them over on tRCMB.

I think the point is to stop people from being subjected to the dittoheaded morans... if they so choose to not subscribe to the koch's newsletter.

I would suggest not allowing it at all. If some d bag starts talking politics at my tailgate (six guys wearing argyle in a truck) we tell him to STFU.
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil McCrackin 2014-04-23, 15:28

The only way this works is if mods ban all political talk from the board and I don't think they want to do that.
Otherwise, the entire board will simply become Wells Hall and political/religious trolling will become the norm.

Give them a place to do their thing. Give mods a place to move their threads without deleting them.

Phil McCrackin
Phil McCrackin
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2014-04-23, 15:29

Bizarro Fletch wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:

I would suggest not allowing it at all.  If some d bag starts talking politics at my tailgate (six guys wearing argyle in a truck) we tell him to STFU.

I would suggest that we not listen to your opinion on this matter.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil McCrackin 2014-04-23, 15:32

Bizarro Fletch wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:

I would suggest not allowing it at all.  If some d bag starts talking politics at my tailgate (six guys wearing argyle in a truck) we tell him to STFU.

Unless mods are going to ban people for political talk (which seems ridiculous to me), they won't STFU.
People telling them to STFU will just make it worse.

Trust me, I've seen other message boards try to do this, and honestly the best solution I've ever seen is a clear separation ala Wells Hall on tRCMB.

Phil McCrackin
Phil McCrackin
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch 2014-04-23, 15:36

Cameron wrote:
Bizarro Fletch wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:

I would suggest that we not listen to your opinion on this matter.

Start a poll, dammit.
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeno 2014-04-23, 15:39

AvgMSUJoe wrote:FTR, Poly Sci Dept is at 303 South Kedzie Hall.

I always felt like the people on Wells were way more opinionated, a la James Madison All-stars.  But **** naming anything after those pompous douchebags.  The Wells Hall preachers also stand at the corner of Albert and M.A.C. on the weekends and shout at people. Corner of M.A.C. and Albert?
Zeno
Zeno
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-04-23, 15:42

updated fartknockers
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-04-23, 15:46

Shit! I forgot Tanfan!!

It would actually be really funny to call the OT board Tanfan.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2014-04-23, 16:58

We have polls over there! We always wanted polls!
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-04-23, 22:06

Bump for the new Gs.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-04-24, 11:15

Passing this off to cym Jim.

Looks like it's close between leave it alone and calling it cedar village.

I voted cedar village because its where all the douchebags live.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2014-04-24, 11:51

"tOT Board" or "The MSU Union"... or to steal from tRCMB, but get more accurate, "Wells Bridge".

(I know, none are on the list)
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down