Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home repair in the Lansing area

5 posters

Go down

Home repair in the Lansing area Empty Home repair in the Lansing area

Post by AvgMSUJoe 24/02/20, 10:13 am

My second story bathroom tub leaked through the floor and left a stain mark on the textured ceiling on the first floor... Probably have to cut the affected area out and re-drywall then match the texturing then paint. (seems like it's NOT a DIY type of job if you want it to look good.)

Anyone know a good drywall/mudder/painter in the Lansing area that would do this sort of work?

Have an acquaintance in construction, but he made it sound like all the guys he knows are busy building houses and don't do small jobs.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Home repair in the Lansing area Empty Re: Home repair in the Lansing area

Post by Robert J Sakimano 24/02/20, 10:20 am

sent ya PM.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 24/02/20, 10:53 am

AvgMSUJoe wrote:My second story bathroom tub leaked through the floor and left a stain mark on the textured ceiling on the first floor... Probably have to cut the affected area out and re-drywall then match the texturing then paint. (seems like it's NOT a DIY type of job if you want it to look good.)

Anyone know a good drywall/mudder/painter in the Lansing area that would do this sort of work?

Have an acquaintance in construction, but he made it sound like all the guys he knows are busy building houses and don't do small jobs.

I guess we were luckier than you. Our PCV pipe from my wife and my bathroom leaked. It was directly over a closet downstairs. DIY guy handyman fixed it. Cut a hole in the closet that abuts up to the bathtub, and then a hole in the ceiling of the closet downstairs that holds our coats. Both holes are still there. No need to fix them. Can't see them unless you go into our closet of the bathroom in our bedroom or you're hanging your coat up in our closet downstairs and look up. I figured, when we sell, I'll do it. Till then, just in case it happens again......
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 24/02/20, 02:42 pm

DWags wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:My second story bathroom tub leaked through the floor and left a stain mark on the textured ceiling on the first floor... Probably have to cut the affected area out and re-drywall then match the texturing then paint. (seems like it's NOT a DIY type of job if you want it to look good.)

I guess we were luckier than you. Our PCV pipe from my wife and my bathroom leaked. It was directly over a closet downstairs. DIY guy handyman fixed it. Cut a hole in the closet that abuts up to the bathtub, and then a hole in the ceiling of the closet downstairs that holds our coats. Both holes are still there. No need to fix them. Can't see them unless you go into our closet of the bathroom in our bedroom or you're hanging your coat up in our closet downstairs and look up. I figured, when we sell, I'll do it. Till then, just in case it happens again......

Plus, having those holes will make it much easier for everything your attic, i.e., mice, squirrels, bats, possum, raccoons, ghosts, to get into your living area where it’s warm and there’s food. And they thank you for that.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 24/02/20, 03:04 pm

Super dickish greenway.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 24/02/20, 03:11 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:

Plus, having those holes will make it much easier for everything your attic, i.e., mice, squirrels, bats, possum, raccoons, ghosts, to get into your living area where it’s warm and there’s food. And they thank you for that.

Two cats take care of the mice and bats. (well one of them would. The cat that's in my avatar could care the fuck less. He'd show em where the food is.) Haven't seen them yet. If I get a raccoon or possum or squirrel, I have a good slow cooker recipe, so hopefully, that happens. But so far, no.

But here is why you're a dick. Ghosts! I hadn't thought of that. I will not go to sleep now. Also, last week, the t.v. in the basement just went up in volumn on it's own. I was in the kitchen, and I heard it. It went up not just a little. So fuck you. I had to take a shower that day and nobody was home but me. I was scared going down there turning the t.v. off and I was scared washing my hair cause I had my eyes closed. I hate you now GW
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 24/02/20, 03:16 pm

Ya know, I should cut a hole and observe a couple days/weeks prior to getting the "fixer".

We had the insurance guy come and he said it was from caulking around the spout cracking. Had a "leak detection" system or some shit. Think he was full of it.

Of course the wife will be outraged and we won't be able to have visitors for a while.

So swill, euchre and beers are at your place, not mine.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 24/02/20, 03:23 pm

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Two cats take care of the mice and bats. (well one of them would. The cat that's in my avatar could care the fuck less. He'd show em where the food is.) Haven't seen them yet. If I get a raccoon or possum or squirrel, I have a good slow cooker recipe, so hopefully, that happens. But so far, no.

But here is why you're a dick. Ghosts! I hadn't thought of that. I will not go to sleep now. Also, last week, the t.v. in the basement just went up in volumn on it's own. I was in the kitchen, and I heard it. It went up not just a little. So fuck you. I had to take a shower that day and nobody was home but me. I was scared going down there turning the t.v. off and I was scared washing my hair cause I had my eyes closed. I hate you now GW
Home repair in the Lansing area 1966794946
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 24/02/20, 03:28 pm

exclusive footage of DWags trying to sleep tonight, thanks to GW..

Home repair in the Lansing area Giphy.gif?cid=790b76111eaad58d73acc40739e96dee8467d3ca3cc66626&rid=giphy
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 24/02/20, 03:44 pm

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

You and Roc are right. It was super dickish of me to mention ghosts using that hole to come in your living area. Everyone knows ghosts go where they please, easy access or not.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 24/02/20, 04:31 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:exclusive footage of DWags trying to sleep tonight, thanks to GW..

Home repair in the Lansing area Giphy.gif?cid=790b76111eaad58d73acc40739e96dee8467d3ca3cc66626&rid=giphy

Shocked
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 24/02/20, 04:32 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:

You and Roc are right. It was super dickish of me to mention ghosts using that hole to come in your living area. Everyone knows ghosts go where they please, easy access or not.

My sleep is very important. Older you get, the more you need to have that beautiful sleep. Now, if I can't sleep, I'm driving to East Lansing. 2 a.m., I don't care. Just wait.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 24/02/20, 05:45 pm

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

My sleep is very important.  Older you get, the more you need to have that beautiful sleep.  Now, if I can't sleep, I'm driving to East Lansing.  2 a.m., I don't care.  Just wait.  
if I ever quit drinking (not that I would, 'cause I enjoy drinking), it would be because of the way getting up to whiz in the middle of the night due to having a few beers before bed pisses me off.

(at 50, my bladder is that of an infant.. I love a random night with uninterrupted sleep.. but not enough to quit drinking).
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 24/02/20, 05:52 pm

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

My sleep is very important. Older you get, the more you need to have that beautiful sleep. Now, if I can't sleep, I'm driving to East Lansing. 2 a.m., I don't care. Just wait.

Come on in! I’m wide awake at 2 am. Hell, I look out the front window to see if Bob is jogging past when I’m finally tired enough to fall asleep between 4 - 4:30 am.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 24/02/20, 05:53 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

My sleep is very important.  Older you get, the more you need to have that beautiful sleep.  Now, if I can't sleep, I'm driving to East Lansing.  2 a.m., I don't care.  Just wait.  
if I ever quit drinking (not that I would, 'cause I enjoy drinking), it would be because of the way getting up to whiz in the middle of the night due to having a few beers before bed pisses me off.

(at 50, my bladder is that of an infant.. I love a random night with uninterrupted sleep.. but not enough to quit drinking).

Sorry to break the news to you, but your bladder will age and soon you’ll be up to pee in the middle of the night whether or not you’ve had a few beers. It’s one of the joys of getting old. Home repair in the Lansing area 1811933421
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 24/02/20, 06:14 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Sorry to break the news to you, but your bladder will age and soon you’ll be up to pee in the middle of the night whether or not you’ve had a few beers. It’s one of the joys of getting old. Home repair in the Lansing area 1811933421

Depends. I’ll sleep like a baby.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 24/02/20, 06:53 pm

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Depends. I’ll sleep like a baby.

Poor Mrs. DWags won’t be able to sleep when you start pooping your Depends.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 24/02/20, 08:52 pm

Hey Bob, I might need a mudder, too. So please DM me or post it here. Thanks. Love ya like a poodle.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down