Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roosevelt Wagner and Perles

4 posters

Go down

Roosevelt Wagner and Perles Empty Roosevelt Wagner and Perles

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-02-27, 10:56

Article (possibly a paywall)

Damn that dude sounds like a train wreck.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Roosevelt Wagner and Perles Empty Re: Roosevelt Wagner and Perles

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-02-27, 11:10

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Article (possibly a paywall)

Damn that dude sounds like a train wreck.

That's not really new information (but yeah, I can't read the article).
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2020-02-27, 11:15

Pretty crazy that Wagner showed up. I didn't see him but likely wouldn't recognize him if I did.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-02-27, 11:21

Floyd Robertson wrote: I can't read the article.

article wrote:“That wasn’t true, and that’s not how I said it,” Wagner said recently. “Now, mind you, dude, I’m riding around in a $50,000 hunter green Cherokee Limited, Michigan State green. I’ve had it tricked out like how you see those lowriders in L.A. tricked out. Do you honestly believe if I’m stalking the coach in this tricked-out mobile, somebody’s not going to see?”

right...

article wrote:On the day of Perles’ celebration of life, a snowstorm trapped him in Lansing for another night, so he slipped into a booth at a Mexican spot called Cantina Eastwood, north of downtown. Like a country boy, he ordered a steak.

He also ordered a glass of whiskey. He said it’s his one drink of the month, just enough to keep the body of a recovering alcoholic from reacting the wrong way.

not sure that's how it works. Also, blamed Hennesy for his troubles in the rest of the article.

article wrote:“The thing about being close to death is you have regrets, people you hurt, things you wish you could have said,” he said as tears welled in his eyes.

He survived four days in a coma once. He spent others sleeping in his car. He’s lied awake in jail hoping to see the light of day again. He’s pulled the trigger of a gun wanting to see nothing again, but the bullet jammed.

yup, me too.

article wrote:n 1996, he gave a ride to a man whose car had broken down on the highway. The man, who had a briefcase, told him to call if he ever needed any help. It turned out the man was running a drug ring in Florida, and though Wagner says he didn’t partake in sales, he did offer advice about how to invest the money. The Drug Enforcement Administration wiretapped his phone. He went to jail for a year.

Classic story... just helping a dude get a ride. BAM, year in jail.

The following isn't a surprise for anyone who actually watched those teams:
article wrote:Wagner's thrills came at a local bar, where he said he and his teammates would spend off days from 11 a.m. to 3 a.m. drinking whatever they pleased. They would then show up to 6:30 a.m. workouts to find buckets lining the practice field. The more they puked, the louder Perles screamed. The bigger they were, the redder his face turned and the closer he’d crowd into theirs.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-02-27, 11:43

Wow, some of that stuff is crazy. Thanks for posting it. And, no, a drink a month for an alcoholic is not a good idea.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-02-27, 11:59

Do you believe he only has one drink a month, Floyd?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-02-27, 12:04

Rocinante wrote:Do you believe he only has one drink a month, Floyd?

All I know is 1 leads to 11 so, no.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down