Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What music do you want to be listening to when you croak?

+8
Nordic
SawGreen
AvgMSUJoe
The Pantry
Rocinante
Cameron
I.B. Fine
tGreenWay
12 posters

Go down

What music do you want to be listening to when you croak? Empty What music do you want to be listening to when you croak?

Post by tGreenWay 2020-02-28, 16:05

Some friends told me their 90+-year-old mother was filling out some paperwork related to dying/last wishes. One of the questions was: What do you want to listen to as you What music do you want to be listening to when you croak? 3836498553?
Her answer was the music of a classical composer.

That seems like a really nice, peaceful way to go. I gotta say, though, as I shed my earthly suit, I’m going with Springsteen Live at the Hammersmith Odeon 1975. From beginning to end, just a helluva show. Absolutely great performance.

Sorry Bob. What music do you want to be listening to when you croak? 2809484752

Last edited by tGreenWay on 2020-02-28, 16:35; edited 1 time in total
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

What music do you want to be listening to when you croak? Empty Re: What music do you want to be listening to when you croak?

Post by I.B. Fine 2020-02-28, 16:06

Highway to Hell
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What music do you want to be listening to when you croak? Empty Re: What music do you want to be listening to when you croak?

Post by tGreenWay 2020-02-28, 16:08

I.B. Fine wrote:Highway to Hell

For you, very appropriate.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-02-28, 17:19

If I had to pick an album, I'd probably go with (What's the Story) Morning Glory by Oasis. It's probably not my very favorite album, but it's right up there, and smoking a joint while listening to that album on my ipod while looking up at the stars is one of my fondest memories of music.

If I only got to pick one song, I don't think I'd necessarily go with my favorite song. I think I'd go with this one:
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-02-28, 17:21

I don’t care I just want it to be quick. Not like flight of the bumblebee quick more like I barely am aware I’m dying and
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-02-28, 18:05

Thought about this before.  If I could hear one tune before lights-out...

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-02-28, 18:35

https://youtu.be/du0-FdQZ57w

Last edited by AvgMSUJoe on 2020-02-28, 19:18; edited 1 time in total
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-02-28, 19:05

The Pantry wrote:Thought about this before.  If I could hear one tune before lights-out...

Very nice. Short song, though, so you’d really be under pressure to get the job done quickly.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-02-28, 19:05

Rocinante wrote:I don’t care I just want it to be quick. Not like flight of the bumblebee quick more like I barely am aware I’m dying and

You might want to give Pantry’s song a listen.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-02-28, 19:06

AvgMSUJoe wrote:

It’s not playing.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-02-28, 19:11

Cameron wrote:If I had to pick an album, I'd probably go with (What's the Story) Morning Glory by Oasis. It's probably not my very favorite album, but it's right up there, and smoking a joint while listening to that album on my ipod while looking up at the stars is one of my fondest memories of music.

If I only got to pick one song, I don't think I'd necessarily go with my favorite song. I think I'd go with this one:

I like that, but I might wait to have it played at my funeral.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-02-28, 19:18

tGreenWay wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:

It’s not playing.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-02-28, 19:20

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

It’s not playing.

That will probably keep you alive.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-02-28, 19:26

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Thought about this before.  If I could hear one tune before lights-out...

Very nice. Short song, though, so you’d really be under pressure to get the job done quickly.
Will have this cued up if it goes to overtime

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2020-02-28, 19:27

REO Speedwagon, Golden Country.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-02-28, 19:39

Just put these on loop.

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2020-02-28, 20:00

A song that won't be written for at least 50 years.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-02-28, 20:02

tGreenWay wrote:Some friends told me their 90+-year-old mother was filling out some paperwork related to dying/last wishes. One of the questions was: What do you want to listen to as you What music do you want to be listening to when you croak? 3836498553?

That seems like a really nice, peaceful way to go. I gotta say, though, as I shed my earthly suit, I’m going with Springsteen Live at the Hammersmith Odeon 1975. From beginning to end, just a helluva show. Absolutely great performance.

solid.

Mine would be Springsteen at Winterland, December 16th, 1978. That version of "Backstreets" was nearly 12 minutes long.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-02-28, 20:03

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-02-28, 20:10

MSU addict wrote:A song that won't be written for at least 50 years.

lol!
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-02-28, 20:26

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Bob, as cool as it was meeting you and as great of a guy that you are, and also knowing I’ll beat you to the grave, but if I don’t, and they play an 11 and 1/2 minute song at your funeral, I’m getting up to go to my car for a bud light.

No offense but this summer I went to my brother in laws fathers funeral. It was about an hour forty five, not joking. Brevity in life and brevity in death is a great motto to follow.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-02-28, 20:42

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Bob, as cool as it was meeting you and as great of a guy that you are, and also knowing I’ll beat you to the grave, but if I don’t, and they play an 11 and 1/2 minute song at your funeral, I’m getting up to go to my car for a bud light.

No offense but this summer I went to my brother in laws fathers funeral. It was about an hour forty five, not joking. Brevity in life and brevity in death is a great motto to follow.
You have to remember. Bob is an atheist.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-02-28, 20:55

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Will have this cued up if it goes to overtime

What music do you want to be listening to when you croak? 502811600 Nice.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-02-28, 20:57

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

My guess is at Bob’s funeral, bringing beer into the service will be both welcome and expected. What music do you want to be listening to when you croak? 969504605
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-02-28, 20:59

MSU addict wrote:A song that won't be written for at least 50 years.

What music do you want to be listening to when you croak? 502811600 I would say well played but given your answer, that seems a little premature.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-02-28, 21:00

Nordic wrote:Just put these on loop.

So much for going out; that’s going to wake the dead.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-02-28, 21:02

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Some friends told me their 90+-year-old mother was filling out some paperwork related to dying/last wishes. One of the questions was: What do you want to listen to as you What music do you want to be listening to when you croak? 3836498553?

solid.

Mine would be Springsteen at Winterland, December 16th, 1978. That version of "Backstreets" was nearly 12 minutes long.

Been listening to Sirius/XM while running errands tonight. The Bruce channel is tracking his live show from 9/19/78 in Passaic.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-02-29, 09:56

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: solid.

Been listening to Sirius/XM while running errands tonight. The Bruce channel is tracking his live show from 9/19/78 in Passaic.
"Passaic Nights" - I have a bootleg of that show. Same Backstreets/Sad Eyes interlude. Every night of that tour, the story Bruce would tell during "Sad Eyes" was different. Evolved into "Drive All Night" from The River.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-02-29, 09:58

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

What music do you want to be listening to when you croak? 502811600

It'll be quick and beer better be flowing.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-02-29, 11:42

Grateful Dead
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down