Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Red Wings district plan unveiled

+26
The_Dude
Nordic
Death Roe
Triple Sparty
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
Other Teams Pursuing That
All Your Base
WBill
beal99
Blanch32
By-Tor
WhiteBoyHatcher
Cosmo_Kramer
Heat Miser
ROtown Sparty
Izzo Court
Floyd Robertson
SeeRockCity
xsanguine
dubie7006
SPARTASOTAN
duffy munn
Mentalstate
Bill Cain
The Pantry
30 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New Red Wings district plan unveiled  - Page 2 Empty Re: New Red Wings district plan unveiled

Post by xsanguine 2017-02-07, 19:24

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:That is the worst corporate name/logo ever. F-.

Agreed.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

New Red Wings district plan unveiled  - Page 2 Empty Re: New Red Wings district plan unveiled

Post by Nordic 2017-02-07, 20:15

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Brad Galli ‏@BradGalli  13h13 hours ago

Latest shot inside Little Caesars Arena from Monday, February 6.

-Amazing to see the lower bowl.
-Piping being laid under ice surface.

New Red Wings district plan unveiled  - Page 2 C4B9NjoVYAAgAxI

Am I seeing 5 levels of suites?  Shocked

I wonder how the puck will bounce off those concrete walls.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-02-22, 09:44

The Pistons setup -

Take a look: Detroit Pistons' virtual tour of Little Caesars Arena

New Red Wings district plan unveiled  - Page 2 636232674236566202-Capture
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-02-22, 10:16

LooseGoose wrote:The Pistons setup -

Take a look: Detroit Pistons' virtual tour of Little Caesars Arena

New Red Wings district plan unveiled  - Page 2 636232674236566202-Capture

Let's go!!!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2017-02-22, 10:18

Now the wings and Pistons just need an improved product
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-02-23, 09:33

Not directly in the District but this would change downtown.

Tallest building in Detroit planned for Hudson site
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-02-23, 09:50

LooseGoose wrote:Not directly in the District but this would change downtown.

is this truly necessary???
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-02-23, 10:00

The_Dude wrote:Now the wings and Pistons just need an improved product

Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-02-23, 10:11

Blanch32 wrote:

I ask myself that every time I read one of your posts.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-02-23, 10:48

Blanch32 wrote:

I listened to this "Have a Drink With" Dan Gilbert interview earlier this week, and the key takeaway is that downtown is basically at 0 excess capacity for both housing and office space.  This isn't going to do much to change that, but it helps.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-02-23, 11:45

I was down there yesterday at lunch. Drove right by the construction of the new arena. Wait until there are three events going all at the same time (say a Tiger game, Lions game, and a concert at the new place). It is going to be a nightmare of epic proportion down there.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-02-23, 12:03

TheReal_LWS wrote:I was down there yesterday at lunch. Drove right by the construction of the new arena. Wait until there are three events going all at the same time (say a Tiger game, Lions game, and a concert at the new place). It is going to be a nightmare of epic proportion down there.

Shocked someone like you would see the glass half empty. Saying three great events are going on downtown a ton of people in restaurants and clubs and choice of a concert football or baseball game is a bad thing?

Wow. My suggestion to you would definitely be to stay out then.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-02-23, 12:06

DWags wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:I was down there yesterday at lunch. Drove right by the construction of the new arena. Wait until there are three events going all at the same time (say a Tiger game, Lions game, and a concert at the new place). It is going to be a nightmare of epic proportion down there.

Shocked someone like you would see the glass half empty. Saying three great events are going on downtown a ton of people in restaurants and clubs and choice of a concert football or baseball game is a bad thing?

Too many heathens in the area.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-02-23, 12:09

Death Roe wrote:
DWags wrote:

Too many heathens in the area.

Same guys will say "Detroit sucks ". When these guys and city planners start doing something about it....complain some more.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-02-23, 12:10

DWags wrote:

What do you mean dwags? He drove right by the new place. RIGHT BY IT. If you haven't had that kind of up close and personal experience then you have no idea what you're talking about.

Also, that scenario he describes would be just fine. He's welcome to not go to any of the events. The rest of us will enjoy it fine.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-04-19, 10:39

Detroit gets Frozen Four, NCAA wrestling, more hoops

A bevy of NCAA championship events will be heading to Detroit in the coming years.

The Detroit Sports Commission was awarded seven bids by the NCAA on Tuesday, highlighted by the men’s Frozen Four hockey championship in 2020, the first and second rounds of the men’s NCAA Tournament in 2021, and the Division I wrestling championships in 2022.

Michigan State University will play host for the Frozen Four, the University of Detroit Mercy and Oakland University for the NCAA Tournament and the University of Michigan for the wrestling championships. The Red Wings’ and Pistons’ new home, Little Caesars Arena, will be the venue for all three events.

The bids were among 54 submitted by the DSC for 15 championship events in nine sports for 2019-22.

“It did exceed our expectations,” DSC director Kris Smith said. “We would've been pleased with three (events). Four and five we would've been sitting in dreamland somewhere. I think when No. 7 rolled across the screen we all just kind of sat back and said, 'Wow.'
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-04-19, 10:55

LooseGoose wrote:Detroit gets Frozen Four, NCAA wrestling, more hoops

A bevy of NCAA championship events will be heading to Detroit in the coming years.

The Detroit Sports Commission was awarded seven bids by the NCAA on Tuesday, highlighted by the men’s Frozen Four hockey championship in 2020, the first and second rounds of the men’s NCAA Tournament in 2021, and the Division I wrestling championships in 2022.

Michigan State University will play host for the Frozen Four, the University of Detroit Mercy and Oakland University for the NCAA Tournament and the University of Michigan for the wrestling championships. The Red Wings’ and Pistons’ new home, Little Caesars Arena, will be the venue for all three events.

The bids were among 54 submitted by the DSC for 15 championship events in nine sports for 2019-22.

“It did exceed our expectations,” DSC director Kris Smith said. “We would've been pleased with three (events). Four and five we would've been sitting in dreamland somewhere. I think when No. 7 rolled across the screen we all just kind of sat back and said, 'Wow.'

Detroit can handle beaucoup sporting events, but asking the city to take on a bevy is setting it up for failure.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-04-25, 10:13

Big press conference about to commence with Izzo, B_, Kampe and Alexander. Some kind of Michigan tourney.

New Red Wings district plan unveiled  - Page 2 C-Q5cPHXUAUFBWS
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-04-25, 10:14

Justin Rose @JRoseWXYZ 21 seconds ago
Michigan will play Detroit Mercy on Saturday, December 16th in the first game. MSU will play Oakland after.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-04-25, 10:25

Floyd Robertson wrote:Big press conference about to commence with Izzo, B_, Kampe and Alexander. Some kind of Michigan tourney.

they could have swept a little of the dirt up first. My granny would be appalled.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-04-25, 10:31

Floyd Robertson wrote:Big press conference about to commence with Izzo, B_, Kampe and Alexander. Some kind of Michigan tourney.

Sweet press conference location.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-04-25, 10:33

LooseGoose wrote:

they could have swept a little of the dirt up first. My granny would be appalled.
New Red Wings district plan unveiled  - Page 2 502811600

"granny"? What are you.. some sort of western North Carolina mountain folk?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-04-25, 10:45

New Red Wings district plan unveiled  - Page 2 502811600 A small placard saying "Little Caesars Arena" right between the pairs.

At least get some nice carpeting or a rug out there for them.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-04-25, 10:54

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

New Red Wings district plan unveiled  - Page 2 502811600

"granny"? What are you.. some sort of western North Carolina mountain folk?

My maternal grandmother (born 1894) was mistaken many times in her life for Irene Ryan. I have pictures to verify that there was more than a passing resemblance. About 4'11', tougher than nails, raised 8 kids on a farm through the depression, continued to cultivate nearly 5 acres of garden until the mid 1980s. Trying to copy her recipes is what got me started making pies. She cooked incredible meals and it was all in her head. Never saw her use any written recipe. I don't think I've ever loved anyone like I loved her......

Irene Ryan for those too young to know who she is:

New Red Wings district plan unveiled  - Page 2 Fc777157a084326ec3c8655d9157d264
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-05-26, 10:55

Ilitch-owned redevelopments coming to Detroit
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-06-05, 08:39

Detroit Pistons move to downtown nears, but is it a done deal?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-06-12, 18:47

Justin Rose‏Verified account @JRoseWXYZ 3h3 hours ago
More
According to Tom Wilson, "This is the worst seat in the house." Not. Bad. At. All.
New Red Wings district plan unveiled  - Page 2 DCJYRkkWsAMrZqq

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-06-19, 15:27

Olympia confirms plans to demolish Hotel Ansonia, Atlanta Apartments on Cass

Demolition permits have been filed for three early 20th century apartment buildings and a 70-year-old house, including two buildings rumored in recent weeks to be facing the wrecking ball from Detroit-based Olympia Development of Michigan.

The permits to demolish the Hotel Ansonia at 2447 Cass Ave. and the Atlanta Apartments at 2467 Cass Ave., both located at the Fisher Service Drive, were issued Friday, according to city records. A demolition permit was also issued Friday for the vacant apartment building at 427 Henry St. west of Cass.

And a house at 664 Charlotte St. between Second and Third avenues is also slated to come down, according to documents filed with the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality.

The DEQ documents, called "notifications of intent to renovate/demolish," say demolition is expected to begin June 29 and end Aug. 31. All four buildings are owned by Olympia, the documents say.

Couple of nice looking buildings in their heyday actually.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-07-14, 16:44

Maxwell White‏ @MaxWhiteWXYZ 12m12 minutes ago
Chopper also got a pic of the logo on top of @LCA_Detroit. Almost near completion.New Red Wings district plan unveiled  - Page 2 DEuP77ZXcAE5ML_
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-09-05, 10:18

I guess the manhole covers in the are going to be fancy ones.

New Red Wings district plan unveiled  - Page 2 DI919LXXkAITRmx
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-09-05, 10:52

Vlad on hand for the ribbon-cutting.

New Red Wings district plan unveiled  - Page 2 DI9-VmfXYAAZMbM
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2