Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It’s 2:56 pm on the Friday after thanksgiving

+5
steveschneider
MiamiSpartan
tGreenWay
WhiteBoyHatcher
DWags
9 posters

Go down

It’s 2:56 pm on the Friday after thanksgiving  Empty It’s 2:56 pm on the Friday after thanksgiving

Post by DWags 27/11/20, 03:02 pm

At this point are there people in the Ford house saying they think Patricia can still work out? Is anyone around the owner bending her ear saying, “you know, I see progress”. Because if there isn’t, she should have called a press conference already, cut the head off, put an interim in place, gave the interim ten days to shake things out, announced they will spare no amount of money to turn this organization around and will petition the NFL to help them find a coach at and have a blank check for him and a GM.

Oh, they haven’t? Shocking.

Detroit fans are the greatest fans around for filling that field and buying the swag. And they get pissed on yearly.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

It’s 2:56 pm on the Friday after thanksgiving  Empty Re: It’s 2:56 pm on the Friday after thanksgiving

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 27/11/20, 03:15 pm

Not from you Wags b/c I know you're a GB fan but I don't get the outrage. If you're still a Lions fan you should be outraged at yourself.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

It’s 2:56 pm on the Friday after thanksgiving  Empty Re: It’s 2:56 pm on the Friday after thanksgiving

Post by DWags 27/11/20, 03:40 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Not from you Wags b/c I know you're a GB fan but I don't get the outrage. If you're still a Lions fan you should be outraged at yourself.

I just get passed at the Fords attitude that if they make money they’re successful. At least the pistons are making moves. The wings and tigers in the past decades have tried too. Lions? Jesus.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 27/11/20, 04:03 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Not from you Wags b/c I know you're a GB fan but I don't get the outrage. If you're still a Lions fan you should be outraged at yourself.

What the Lions do is amusing, and that’s as far as I go with them anymore. Beyond that, I’ve stopped caring. Pretty sure Floyd is with me.

Edit: I admit I still really like their home blues, the Thanksgiving retros, and the special game home grays.

Last edited by tGreenWay on 27/11/20, 05:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 27/11/20, 05:47 pm

The Lions are the only Detroit pro sports team that I never liked (well, that and Michigan basketball when they were pro in the 80s and 90s). I don't mean that as a brag, like I knew what I was doing when I was 6 years old, but instead just that I feel lucky not to have ever liked them. My brother was a huge fan, and still is at least to some extent, but the only thing I liked about them was the "Another One Bites The Dust" song. "See Billy run, couldn't catch him with a gun".
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 27/11/20, 05:52 pm

The Fords owe us all a pickup truck.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 27/11/20, 06:11 pm

The only way things will ever change, is if there are completely new owners.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, DWags and MattyFresh like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 27/11/20, 08:44 pm

The Lions are just laughable. And that's coming from someone who loves them.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 27/11/20, 09:13 pm

I wonder if it's at the "what's the point" time... Just do it the last game of the season, while the search people look for the next month. Fire them both at the presser.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 27/11/20, 11:03 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:The Lions are the only Detroit pro sports team that I never liked (well, that and Michigan basketball when they were pro in the 80s and 90s). I don't mean that as a brag, like I knew what I was doing when I was 6 years old, but instead just that I feel lucky not to have ever liked them. My brother was a huge fan, and still is at least to some extent, but the only thing I liked about them was the "Another One Bites The Dust" song. "See Billy run, couldn't catch him with a gun".

The opposite for me. The Lions were my first pro sports love. I saw my first Lions game at Tiger Stadium Thanksgiving Day 1970. The Lions wore white at home the only time in their history.

Detroit won 28-14 and Charlie Sanders made an unbelievable TD catch. Lem Barney just looked cool out there. I was 7 years old and hooked.

In the coming years my brothers and I would ride our bikes to two a days at the Lions training camp at Cranbrook. Pack a lunch and stay all day. If you were lucky a player would let you carry his helmet "up the hill" to the locker room after practice. I got Altie Taylor two summers in a row. The movie Paper Lion does a good job of showing what training camp was like at Cranbrook in the 70's.

End of sappy Lions fan confession.

duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 28/11/20, 02:46 pm

It happened. Quinn too.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 28/11/20, 02:56 pm

It’s 2:56 on Saturday. This should have happened 24 hours ago. But better late than never.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 28/11/20, 03:26 pm

People read this board.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

WhiteBoyHatcher likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 28/11/20, 03:27 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:People read this board.

Hopefully they don't take Steve at face value.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron, MiamiSpartan and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 28/11/20, 03:30 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:People read this board.

Hopefully they don't take Steve at face value.

It’s 2:56 pm on the Friday after thanksgiving  502811600

Fucking Steve
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down