Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MacKenzie Scott has given away $4 BILLION in 4 months for pandemic relief

+10
tGreenWay
CORNER BLITZ
MSU addict
NigelUno
InTenSity
kingstonlake
Motown Spartan
Floyd Robertson
AvgMSUJoe
MiamiSpartan
14 posters

Go down

MacKenzie Scott has given away $4 BILLION in 4 months for pandemic relief Empty MacKenzie Scott has given away $4 BILLION in 4 months for pandemic relief

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-12-16, 06:49

$6 Billion so far this year. This is Jeff Bezos' ex wife.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-12-15/mackenzie-scott-gives-away-4-2-billion-within-four-months
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

MacKenzie Scott has given away $4 BILLION in 4 months for pandemic relief Empty Re: MacKenzie Scott has given away $4 BILLION in 4 months for pandemic relief

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-12-16, 07:04

So she "made" 23 billion this year?
That's fucked up and the system is broke.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

MacKenzie Scott has given away $4 BILLION in 4 months for pandemic relief Empty Re: MacKenzie Scott has given away $4 BILLION in 4 months for pandemic relief

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-12-16, 07:15

I would love to buy her a cup of coffee.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2020-12-16, 07:15

I’d hit it.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

CORNER BLITZ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-12-16, 07:53

I'd like to make a donation.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-12-16, 07:53

But seriously. Wow. Great on her part.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2020-12-16, 08:17

Meanwhile, Jeff Bezos is swimming like Scrooge McDuck. I don't think the guy will give away a dime.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-12-16, 08:31

InTenSity wrote:Meanwhile, Jeff Bezos is swimming like Scrooge McDuck. I don't think the guy will give away a dime.

Looks like he gave away a lot to the ex wife.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Turtleneck likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2020-12-16, 08:37

Delaware is small, so news travels quickly.  I have heard that she gave 20 million to Delaware State (a historically black college and university).  She has donated to many HBCU's - becoming the largest donor ever to pretty much all of them.  I also have heard that she gave 10 million to the YMCA in Wilmington, DE.  Apparently YMCA/YWCA's are also something she focuses on.  She also has donated to many local food banks all over the country. 

Someone needs to send her a flyer for Gigi's Playhouse.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2020-12-16, 08:43

InTenSity wrote:Meanwhile, Jeff Bezos is swimming like Scrooge McDuck. I don't think the guy will give away a dime.
No really true.  He has signed the "giving pledge."  He has pledged 10 billion to combat climate change and gave over a billion away this year toward it.  He has also donated millions in support of gay marriage and immigrant rights (I think just to piss Trump off).

That said, you are correct in that has a very poor philanthropy score as ranked by Forbes.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-12-16, 09:17

MSU addict wrote:Delaware is small, so news travels quickly.  I have heard that she gave 20 million to Delaware State (a historically black college and university).  She has donated to many HBCU's - becoming the largest donor ever to pretty much all of them.  I also have heard that she gave 10 million to the YMCA in Wilmington, DE.  Apparently YMCA/YWCA's are also something she focuses on.  She also has donated to many local food banks all over the country. 

Someone needs to send her a flyer for Gigi's Playhouse.

Also 50m to Prairie View A&M, 30 or 40m to Morgan State, and some others, as well.

I saw a good point about how she is giving to schools for regular people, and how much of a huge impact that has on thousands of students, as opposed the impact of 50m going to Harvard or something.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-12-16, 09:24

From the article...
This year has also been an active year for Bezos’s philanthropy. In February, he committed $10 billion to issues related to climate change and last month announced the first of those grants, totaling nearly $800 million to 16 groups. He also disclosed another round of grants for his Day One Fund, giving away more than $100 million to 42 organizations that combat family homelessness.

The article also mentions that his wealth went up 80 billion this year, though, so to your point, he certainly ain't hurting. Both he and his ex wife's wealth increased so much due to Amazon having such a huge year.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2020-12-16, 09:47

You guys don't expect me to read the articles you link, do you? Thank you for correcting me though. I thought Bezos ranked right there with the Walton kids in being the stingiest to donate.

I do think MacKenzie is doing some of this to spite Jeff though. What a great way to do it.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-12-16, 09:56

InTenSity wrote:You guys don't expect me to read the articles you link, do you? Thank you for correcting me though. I thought Bezos ranked right there with the Walton kids in being the stingiest to donate.

I do think MacKenzie is doing some of this to spite Jeff though. What a great way to do it.

Sincerely,
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-12-16, 10:21

I like how they’re not wasting any time unloading the cash, too. That would be my dream job; giving money away to people, places, and organizations around the country and world. All the better if it was my own money.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-12-16, 11:04

tGreenWay wrote:I like how they’re not wasting any time unloading the cash, too. That would be my dream job; giving money away to people, places, and organizations around the country and world. All the better if it was my own money.

We all know your dream job is couch nap tester.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-12-16, 11:05

Floyd Robertson wrote:I would love to buy her a cup of coffee.

Just so you know, this strategy doesn't work.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-12-16, 11:15

Turtleneck wrote:

I would love to make out with her lady parts.

??
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-12-16, 12:36

Turtleneck wrote:

Maybe she doesn't like turtlenecks. I mean, maybe there's a reason she went for Bezos and not Jobs.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-12-16, 12:37

Twitter story but you saw all sorts of bros after the divorce settlement complaining all over the platform she didn't deserve the money and she didn't work for it and blah blah blah. Turns out this was the best way for a guy worth 184.3 billion dollars to give some of his money away.

I think she's cool.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-12-16, 12:42

tGreenWay wrote:I like how they’re not wasting any time unloading the cash, too. That would be my dream job; giving money away to people, places, and organizations around the country and world. All the better if it was my own money.

Yep, I've seen interviews with Gates, Buffet and Ballmer about how no one should have as much money as they do and they intend to give it all away. It's like you want some help? I could easily find a lot of ordinary Americans in my area that are drowning in bills or lives are ruined because their cars are broken down that can't afford the repairs. The recent Frontline episode on American Poverty during Covid is a good watch and made me feel incredibly fortunate.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-12-16, 12:49

One of the few stories of rich philanthropy that has actually impressed me. I have a cynical view of the giving pledge in general. Don't talk about giving the money away, just do it. She's proving that if you really want to, you can get it done fast. Good on her.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-12-16, 12:58

Fuck that. Tax them.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, Travis of the Cosmos, Cameron and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down